As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Seems like they kind of have a lot left to get through.

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Live MGSV is on now. Apparently Drew hasn't upgraded his stuff in like 15 episodes or something?

There've been a couple of times when he mentioned that maybe he should, and Dan basically told him not to for some reason. Supposedly to save time, though I feel like it'll take longer and be more frustrating without upgrades.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Dan tainted Drew's experience with his constant references to how he played the game. What irks me more about that is Dan didn't even nudge Drew to do the weapon customization stuff. Imagine Drew's reaction to being able to put an underbarrel shotgun on a sniper rifle...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Seems like they kind of have a lot left to get through.

they simultaneously have a lot, but also not very much at all, because mgs5 pacing is weird

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    This Metal Gear marathon needs to end with Jason sneaking up behind Dan, choking him out, and leaving him there.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well I just grabbed the last 30 minutes. Good job Drew and Dan.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I just got the best Twitter error ever.

25815617243_e7ca4d6690_z.jpg

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on, but for a brief moment, I got to believe this was why PAXAMANIA needed to be on the main stage this year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I was just watching one of the Game Informer Replay videos on Tenchu because I really want a new Tenchu and Dan happened to be a participant.

He revealed in that video that AMC movie theaters would give free refills on a large popcorn, so he would go the trash area and grab a large bucket that someone had disposed of, dump all the crap out, wipe it out in the restroom, and then go get a free refill of popcorn.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Dan is a literal garbage person who eats garbage.

Why are you shocked

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Holy shit dude, that's uncalled for.

He didn't eat garbage, he ate OUT of garbage.

Big difference :wink:

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Beastcast got posted real earlylike

• Options
    wHAT, i'm on it!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Some fantastic French accents here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Who's that skinny blond kid with the headset?
    Kidding, but I barely recognize him.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I can't fucking believe Dan forgot to sneakily do this at the end of Metal Gear Scanlon 5 by hijacking the audio-in or even pulling it up on his phone and piping it through his mic (skip to 3:15 or so. Oh, and it's the ending to MGS5, so, you know, spoilers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0igplZG5nw

I mean, I can believe it because he's Dan and he probably forgot about mentioning that 5 minutes after he said it, let alone hours before the ending, but it would have been so perfect.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Man, Ryan was the best.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    20 seconds into the Mirror's Edge QL and Brad is already wrong about things!

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I was just watching one of the Game Informer Replay videos on Tenchu because I really want a new Tenchu and Dan happened to be a participant.

He revealed in that video that AMC movie theaters would give free refills on a large popcorn, so he would go the trash area and grab a large bucket that someone had disposed of, dump all the crap out, wipe it out in the restroom, and then go get a free refill of popcorn.

To be fair, I've seen broke-ass college kids do worse than scam free popcorn.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, credit to him for at least cleaning it out.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    20 seconds into the Mirror's Edge QL and Brad is already wrong about things!

He does say he's never played Mirror's Edge before, so it's not farfetched to see why he thought it was a straight sequel. The marketing has also been wishy washy about the reboot remake sequel status of Catalyst

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I went back and was watching Vinnie play Dark Souls with Ian and Rory and I realized what Rory does that bugs me. When he talks about games and he isn't sure about things, he just makes them up! He says frequently "Well I think this works this way." and "oh yeah you can/can't do that" and only later is like "Yeah I've played like 5 minutes of this and am not sure" but the matter of fact way he puts out these facts about the games that aren't actually true is aggravating. If he was saying "I don't know but I think this works this way" it would be a lot better. I like him overall, that little quirk is annoying.

• Options
    I think he has gotten a bit better in the last podcasts/UPFs he's been around but yeah he still does it. It doesn't bother me that much though.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I think he has gotten a bit better in the last podcasts/UPFs he's been around but yeah he still does it. It doesn't bother me that much though.

Oh yeah the Dark Souls thing is pretty old and it's just way more egregious there. He's definitely improved since then, this just pinpointed what it was for me. Hopefully he'll continue to improve on that, I like his contributions to the podcast and UPF and whatnot.

• Options
    Playing Dark Souls III has made me want to go back and watch LOLS again

Black Knight 2000 theme music never gets old

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Playing Dark Souls III has made me want to go back and watch LOLS again

Black Knight 2000 theme music never gets old

When Vinny goes full fatroll it's just the best.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst Unfinished?

Fuck

Must remain strong

Shouldn't watch video

Leave myself unspoiled

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    If they need a break from KSP, I wouldn't mind a weekly show about the exploits of clan Vinegawa.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    I mean, there was that unofficial Bot Colony series, as well as the travails of Velvet Sundown

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    "They make Grape Redvines!?"

"Wait, what color are they?"

"Purple"

o_O

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    RedVines are a brand and proper noun. Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They are playing Witcher 3 live now, but I cannot watch because I am at work.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    RedVines are a brand and proper noun. Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.
    nope! well maybe in weird pockets of the USA where redvines are popular or something and people think they are good but definitely not most places

also cherry super nibs > twizzlers > red vines

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Red Vines are the best straws ever invented.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard and I regularly talk to little kids.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    nope! well maybe in weird pockets of the USA where redvines are popular or something and people think they are good but definitely not most places

also cherry super nibs > twizzlers > red vines

Are you...are you arguing that Red Vines isn't a brand name and thus a proper noun?

Red Vines is a type of licorice candy.

Edit: it's why the White Sox can wear black socks. It's just a name. What color are Red Vines? Red. But you don't refer to them as "vines" that are red. They are Red Vines.

And this is a dumb argument.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I went back and was watching Vinnie play Dark Souls with Ian and Rory and I realized what Rory does that bugs me. When he talks about games and he isn't sure about things, he just makes them up! He says frequently "Well I think this works this way." and "oh yeah you can/can't do that" and only later is like "Yeah I've played like 5 minutes of this and am not sure" but the matter of fact way he puts out these facts about the games that aren't actually true is aggravating. If he was saying "I don't know but I think this works this way" it would be a lot better. I like him overall, that little quirk is annoying.

He does the same thing even for games he's played for hundreds of hours. During Dan's "teach me world of Warcraft" series, Rorie either made stuff up or had no idea how anything worked, and he's played that game since 2006!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I'm arguing that Red Vines are not the same as saying "Kleenex" when you mean face tissue. Ie nobody says pass the red vines when they see Twizzlers

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    I'm arguing that Red Vines are not the same as saying "Kleenex" when you mean face tissue. Ie nobody says pass the red vines when they see Twizzlers

I think you guys agree but maybe you don't know what a "proper noun" is.

• Options
    This UPF helped me remember to cancel my premium subscription before it auto-renewed

This discussion has been closed.