Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Art Tech Thread [Wacom/Yiynova, Computer builds, Software] Post your set up!

13»

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 9
    Alright, finally got around to trying a few things you mentioned - looks like I did start off this tablet with a fresh install after uninstalling my old wacom drivers. I checked the windows pen settings and turned them ALL off. Since none of them seemed relevant aka "Suggest apps for pen." - Is that actually useful for people?

Anyways, after turning those off, I don't seem to be getting any lagging between actions now! Thanks a bunch for the help :D

Prospicience on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nice! glad to hear it. Yeah those settings are awful, they should shut them down if you plug in a tablet.

Prospicience
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited April 13
    Dang, I somehow got unsubscribed from this thread.

@GrieforGlory I know I'm late, but in case it helps you or anyone else:
    I'm happy with my standing desk situation! I got the following.
    Edit: The strength on the arm is plenty for max pressure on the stylus. Sometimes I'll grab the monitor from underneath, in the same feeling as I might when holding a piece of paper to a desk, and that's enough to really go HAM on scribbling or whatever.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    Also, does anyone know about stylus charging cables? I think I lost my PN02 cable in rearranging the house.

I see that the Huion cable looks nearly identical, but I can't find any electrical rating information for either XP-PEN or Huion products.

I dont know anything about that product family, I'm surprised the pen doesn't have a AAAA battery like most non-wacom pens. At 2 bucks, probably no harm in trying?

I had some luck just throwing my last yiynova question out to twitter, you might have some luck with the Huion owners out there.

Iruka wrote: »
    I dont know anything about that product family, I'm surprised the pen doesn't have a AAAA battery like most non-wacom pens. At 2 bucks, probably no harm in trying?

I had some luck just throwing my last yiynova question out to twitter, you might have some luck with the Huion owners out there.

Huh! I never considered disassembling it. I just assumed it would be a soldered in lithium battery.

Maybe I'll take it to Twitter. Thanks!

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I got an ipad pro!

Right now i'm just messing with photoshop sketch and illustrator whateveritscalled.

Is procreate worth the $10, should I get something else instead?

I too just got an iPad pro! I will try to do a write up, but I'm currently using clip paint, which requires alot more money, so depends on your needs. Procreat is nice, but you'll need to get used to its largely gesture and touch based UI.

Doodmann
    I too just got an iPad pro! I will try to do a write up, but I'm currently using clip paint, which requires alot more money, so depends on your needs. Procreat is nice, but you'll need to get used to its largely gesture and touch based UI.

Clip Studio Paint? Is that a separate license from the desktop version?

Yeah I'm trying to figure out the best solution as I'm already paying for Adobe CC, I'm mostly mad they haven't put out a proper photoshop/illustrator like app.

templewulf wrote: »

Unfortunately, yes, as far as I can tell. Its monthly for this, because fuck me.

It is literally just the desktop version, with a few mobile/touch oriented tricks up its sleeve.

templewulf wrote: »

Unfortunately, yes, as far as I can tell. Its monthly for this, because fuck me.

It is literally just the desktop version, with a few mobile/touch oriented tricks up its sleeve.

:-\

One of the reasons I was excited about Clip was that it was a reasonable price for a one time purchase.

Oh well, I still like the desktop version!

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    As yet another new iPad + Pencil owner, I highly recommend a matte screen protector if you don’t mind a fair bit of grain. I got this one, I think.

I personally have been quite happy with the trade off, because it feels so, so much nicer to me.

I’ve also been using Autodesk’s Sketchbook, but have heard a lot about this Procreate. I’m pretty sure Autodesk has everything I need for the moment, but it very, very occasionally struggles a bit. Does Procreate run consistently?

icon.png facebookIcon.png tumblrIcon.png
    is this how nations are born
    Adobe might be planning a full release of PS for the Ipad, according to engadget here, so that might be something to look forward to if none of these options suit you quite yet. I dont know how sure it is, and how well it will run though.

Procreate is well worth the $10 just to figure out if it's right for you or not.

13»