As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Music Games], the bell tolls for thee

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I finally got ahold of a guitar. The Legacy Adapter comes out Friday right? Or is that not being sold stand alone?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Hey Graham I bought this.

The whole kit?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I finally got ahold of a guitar. The Legacy Adapter comes out Friday right? Or is that not being sold stand alone?

It's SUPPOSED to be standalone, my standalone one is coming from Amazon today

But Amazon might be the only way you can get it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Hey Graham I bought this.

The whole kit?

Yeah, I got rid of all my old shit awhile ago and if I was gonna buy it I needed drums cause they were my favorite.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Awesome! Rock Band party at Bale's plaaaaace

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

It's SUPPOSED to be standalone, my standalone one is coming from Amazon today

But Amazon might be the only way you can get it

yeah looking around both Amazon and MadCatz sites are sold out with no estimate of restock.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Awesome! Rock Band party at Bale's plaaaaace

Not this weekend

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Playing Short Skirt/Long Jacket makes me wanna watch Chuck again

• Options
    Well, this game just reminded me that Under Pressure is the greatest song ever written in all of recorded history

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Suspicious Minds is so fun!

It's a HOPO-fest, if you're into that

I absolutely am

• Options
    Just got my legacy adapter

What a weird little thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so GH Live is out in demo pods now, including the new guitar

tried it

hate it

I get what they're going for, but their UI makes chords really hard to parse out quickly and I think not moving your hand or stretching your fingers takes away from the experience

on that note, I still want to try it more and see if I can train my brain to deal with the dual layers

• Options
    Where do demo stations even exist anymore?

• Options
    Where do demo stations even exist anymore?

It's not like Best Buy has anything else going on

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    My Best Buy has dropped demo stations as well

As soon as I walk into that store, I take about a minute and realize there's nothing of value there, I just hit it up after Barnes and Noble out of routine

• Options
    Just got my legacy adapter

What a weird little thing

I sent Amazon an email stating I would sacrifice anything to their eldrich gods for one.

I have yet to get a response

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Oh, I opened a ticket on the Harmonix tech support site about my GH:WT dongle not working when I plugged it into the PS4, got a reply back that said "SOLVED" and then suggested that I needed to have the GH:WT dongle and plug it into the PS4.

It's incredibly hard not to go full snark when replying to something like that.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Anyone having the issue with the rapid hits detection with the drums on Xbox?

There's a firmware update specifically for that, I wonder if it actually fixes it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

There's a firmware update specifically for that, I wonder if it actually fixes it

My brother is, how does one go about fixing this

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    Quick tip about the guitar's freestyle solos:

You can toggle it on/off on the fly by pressing the Up button on your guitar's d-pad.

PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • Options

My brother is, how does one go about fixing this

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/608/0/rock-band-4-wireless-controllers-firmware-updates

This worked like a charm

However, I'm still having an issue with the kick pedal

But it's only on fast double parts, which I hate anyway, so it ain't that big a deal

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you! I'll have to see if that works tomorrow, I just got it downloaded and playing at 10pm ain't really ideal

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcSZVdo1PU
    Alright, maybe the freestyle solos sound pretty good sometimes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I like looking around the leaderboards in these early launch days

I'm #1 in the world right now for guitar on Our Lips Are Sealed

But that's DLC so hey

Fever is on disc though and I'm #62 in the world for that

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to what order DLC is being uploaded to European PSN. But now I have everything listed as "Purchased" on my wishlist, so I can just check there for when stuff changes to "Free".

Also I found an old Guitar Hero 3 dongle and that A) works and B) picks up the GH:WT guitar, so me have guitar now.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Damn, the Bluetooth has dropped me a few times tonight

What's worse is that when I logged back in it reverted the guitar to freestyle solos

But I have a Mac and you can only get the firmware on PC

Which means I need to go to a friend's house tomorrow and get it

Did I ever mention that buying a Mac is the worst purchasing decision I've ever made? Because it absolutely is.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    You know you can install Windows on Macs, right

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am trying to get my hands on a copy of this.

Stores nearby are being REAL DUMB about it. Like nowhere has a copy. There are maybe 3 copies of the Disc Only PS4 version within 100km. I went to buy it on Tuesday and a guy at an EB told me that it was delayed until the 24th which is just a lie.

Before anyone tells me to download it, I want it on disc so I can take it to friends' houses or whatever. I like discs.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Hi, I work in retail. Target.

We received a communication that the disc-only version of the Xbox One game has been delayed indefinitely and there is no ETA on release. Supplies for the bundles are low, at best. We received 3 copies of the disk version of the game and were told the legacy adapters will be available on "a later planogram" aka we're not getting them for a few months.

Supplies are a HUGE issue right now.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Amazon appears to still have it in stock.

I bought my band in the box last friday from there and it arrived at my apartment complex yesterday so there's not a long turnaround.

• Options
    Ugh is there not a faster way to get the DLC than going through all 1700 songs and individually picking out the ones I already own for download?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Ugh is there not a faster way to get the DLC than going through all 1700 songs and individually picking out the ones I already own for download?
    There was a REALLY FOR DOWNLOAD option at launch that was presumably what you're looking for but it has since been removed likely due to it totally not working at all in my experience

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    oh cool the kickpedal on my drums dosen't work and apparently the Xbox version I need a usb to micro usb cable to fucking get the firmware update

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

according to the official guide to upgrading from Harmonix, the best way to do it is to sort by price. The songs you've already bought will be listed as free.

Alternately you can go to your console's purchased list and sort by name for rock band.

• Options
    So it turns out the Show mode is incredible if you are playing solo and also incredibly indecisive about what to play next

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I am so out of practice oh my god.

Also I think I got most of my dlc if not all of it so that's good. while scanning through the list I saw about 50 thousand other songs I like so I'm gonna spend way too much money this weekend probably.

• Options
    I did the freestyle solos tutorial and I'm super into it, though I don't think it's better than the actual solos

• Options
    Yeah, the main issue I have with the Freestyle stuff is it seems to be a feature exclusively for songs you DON'T like

Who is gonna load up their favorite Queen song and go "alright instead of this bullshit Brian May part CHECK OUT THIS RIPPIN' MIDI TRACK"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Yeah, the main issue I have with the Freestyle stuff is it seems to be a feature exclusively for songs you DON'T like

Who is gonna load up their favorite Queen song and go "alright instead of this bullshit Brian May part CHECK OUT THIS RIPPIN' MIDI TRACK"

That's why I'm glad you can change it on the fly. Oh, this is a Queen song and it would be a music crime to play something else? Turn it off. Footloose? Turn it on and crank the volume ALL THE WAY UP

• Options
    I went through the store yesterday and added 75 ish songs I want to my wishlist and I know that I will eventually buy them all...