As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TF2] The Crate Depression

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    For clarification, Dane just visited Valve yesterday.

They gave him a tiny golden wrench:

And a signed engineer poster:

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ne nes ix? hmm, no, maybe it's some kind of anagram

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Prediction: It's a announcement of a announcement.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    "After much deliberation, we've decided the best way to balance the Pyro is to remove them from the game"

X22wmuF.jpg
    I have a very experimental thing to test tomorrow night...

BStWHA8.jpg

1IHwu36.jpg

C4fQnRW.jpg

gGfC8Ys.jpg
    Spookeyridge. oooOOoOooo...

Crash confirms that the jungle update is actually the Jungle Scream Fortress?

Scoops!

persona4celestia.jpg
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    That's not safe for work crash, because...

it's full of boning!

So what'd you nerdlets think of spookeyridge?

It's cool but I don't think the portals on last are very useful. But also I'm not really sure how to make them useful without overpowering them, since blu warping into the rooms behind the point would probably just demolish red.

Death Box is funny but not really very interactive? I'd move them around to work more like traditional deathtraps that also poop out a skeleton.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I don't know, I missed it.

(I'm sorry!)

Children's rights are human rights.
    Got a new version of the map to test out tonight, another friends halloween map, and I'll be streaming tonight game. Just a heads up!

SERVER NOW!

RUIN STREAM TIME!

X22wmuF.jpg
    Still chuckling to myself about that tryhard sniper that showed up last night to try and kill Crash on his stream.

Unusual Anger hat, the edgelord sniper hat of choice.
    Professional killstreak sniper rifle
    Stood all the way at the back of the map with the cozy camper and ducked into spawn as soon as they took any damage.
    Faking being in a clan/comp team
    Trying to be edgy by saying stuff like "server sucks"

Just, mwahh. Perfection. I killed them with the piss rifle and you could feel the hate through the internet.

X22wmuF.jpg
    It's funny because I didn't even really notice him.

That said, if my streaming of HonC gets annoying or disruptive, let me know. I kinda want to make it a weekly thing, as I'm giving the streaming side of things more of a shot, but I don't want to shit all over HonC with it, either.

Pros:
    More people consistently
    Promotion for HonC
    We won't play wubwubwub as often because it looks terrible on stream (there is no bitrate high enough)
    Helps me maintain at least one scheduled stream a week for sure

Cons:
    More people means more likely to get shitters
    I get people gunning for me like crazy :/
    I'm distracted with the stream so I won't be as vocal in game (this might be a pro, especially when I'm drinking)

Just let me know and I can cut it out though.

I think it's fine. I muted a few more people than usual last night, but that fluctuates around anyway. Most of them got the hint pretty quick.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    It's funny because I didn't even really notice him.

That said, if my streaming of HonC gets annoying or disruptive, let me know. I kinda want to make it a weekly thing, as I'm giving the streaming side of things more of a shot, but I don't want to shit all over HonC with it, either.

Pros:
    More people consistently
    Promotion for HonC
    We won't play wubwubwub as often because it looks terrible on stream (there is no bitrate high enough)
    Helps me maintain at least one scheduled stream a week for sure

This is 10,000% in the wrong column.

Oh yeah, the Twitch compressor will choke and die on stuff like wub^3. I assume the music used will mute VOD's as well, and probably keep Crash from uploading them as archives to Youtube later too.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I'm not saying there aren't good reasons, just that not playing wubwub is a definite con.

sarukun on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I don't think any of the music on WubWubWub would actually be on any list that would get it silenced. Non-mainstream-EDM and meme songs are usually fine.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    no, no all that music will be content IDed. you probably shouldn't play wubwubwub anymore. like ever.

I already know a bunch gets flagged, but I'm not that worried about it, honestly. I play music all the time on my stream.

Tip of the Hats is starting live now:

I'm on the pub to start, just playing. Tomorrow I'll be on repping tf2maps during the communities pub.

HONC HONC!

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited September 2017
    So the $1500 incentive for the communities pub I'll be on in about an hour on TotH is that we'll all be playing Trainsawlaser. :D

y'all should chip in so I can be a spy asshole on it and look good on stream.

https://tipofthehats.org/donate

UEAKCrash on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I gave Crash an idea for Spookyridge, so I'd like to preemptively apologize to everyone else.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I gave Crash an idea for Spookyridge, so I'd like to preemptively apologize to everyone else.

We all spent years testing Trainsawlaser and Wubwubwub, none of our hands are clean.

X22wmuF.jpg
    DID YOU KNOW IT'S HONC TIME!?

X22wmuF.jpg
    dangit, I still have to have dinner because I got distracted by penn & teller videos

the guy I'm watching now looks kinda like crash crossed with jamie hyneman now that I think about it

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Been streaming a bunch lately. This happened on a recent playtest of Spookeyridge:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelyGloriousPassionfruitKappaClaus

Also, it's up on the workshop now. You should check it out and mash all the buttons. Except the thumbs down one, don't hit that one.

Spookey_Thumb.png

Server time? Server time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I just got sound working on my computer with Creator's update and it's gone and fucked off again. So I'm playing deaf. But at least the game is running better on WiFi

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So I don't really know anyone who actively plays this anymore, and this seems as likely a place to find someone interested as anyone: I've got a key for Duncan's Kindhearted Kisser from last year's Jingle Jam which is sitting unredeemed. Anyone want it?

Judging by time between posts, feel free to tag me if you reply so I'll notice it.

So today is the 10th anniversary of the release of tf2 (and the orange box.). Fuckin crazy.

There's a blog post up about the anniversary too.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=33463

Man I feel old.

persona4celestia.jpg
    HONC TIME Y'ALL!

X22wmuF.jpg
    Only got one round in, but it was a good one!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited October 2017
    UEAKCrash on