Options

Scream If You Want To Go Faster in the [Rollercoaster & Theme Park Thread]

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I haven't had a chance to ride too many coasters, but the rockn Rollercoaster in Disney World's Hollywood studios is pretty great.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I love all the Disney coasters (and basically all of Disney's rides), but I'm also generally petrified of ones with intense loops. The Aerosmith coaster at Disney is pretty much the farthest I'll go, and then I'll be mildly disappointed in myself for being dizzy for half an hour afterwards.

In other words, I will never ride the Hulk at Universal. Unless someone is going to present me with a sweet bribe first.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    That's odd since for me, the Hulk is much easier to deal with than the Rockin Rollercoaster. Especially the beginning. Now, the rest of the ride, yeah, Hulk is more intense but if you can get past the first loop it's not that bad.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »
    But, I live in Florida, so Islands of Adventure has this I get to ride a few times a year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsjdYQJc748

Hulk is love, Hulk is life.

Hulk is gong down for refurb for 16 months.

Life is hate, life is suffer.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to ride too many coasters, but the rockn Rollercoaster in Disney World's Hollywood studios is pretty great.

It's just a shame that the queue is ridiculous ninety percent of the time, and for whatever reason, the indoor part of said queue isn't air conditioned.

Also, Tower of Terror is right next door, and is clearly the superior ride.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    The lines at cedar point can get pretty out of hand.

The year the millennium force opened it was like a 6 hour line.

I like the iron dragon because you can pretty much get right back on it a couple minutes after it's done.

The Raptor still gets multi hour lines too even though it opened in the 90s.

• Options

It's just a shame that the queue is ridiculous ninety percent of the time, and for whatever reason, the indoor part of said queue isn't air conditioned.

I don't think I've ever waited in the big line except for maybe once. Never go unless you have a fast pass.

Another one of my favorites is at a closed down six flags (formerly known as Jazzland). It was a giant wooden coaster that beat the shit out of you whenever you rode it, but it was the best.

• Options
    I really want to ride the Maverick and the Gatekeeper but they opened a few years ago now and I bet those line will be insane.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Theme parks own

Disney World is the BEES KNEES

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    The lines at cedar point can get pretty out of hand.

The year the millennium force opened it was like a 6 hour line.

I like the iron dragon because you can pretty much get right back on it a couple minutes after it's done.

The Raptor still gets multi hour lines too even though it opened in the 90s.

We got some fast passes, otherwise I'd never have gone on the same ride twice

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Aw man

Fast passes at Cedar point are like an extra 55-75 bucks on top of the 54 dollar admission.

Uriel on
  • Options
    Aw man

Fast passes at Cedar point are like an extra 55-75 bucks on top of the 54 dollar admission.

we had a couple single use ones, not the bands

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Ah I think cedar point only does bands?

Though looking at this fast lane plus thing they sell it doesn't seem that bad.

It gives you unlimited rides on everything in the park. I could ride everything there, never been able to do that before.

Maybe the day before my birthday we will go. It's Halloweekends and they'll be open till midnight.

• Options
    Aw man

If this is a lot, don't ever go to Universal in Orlando. A single day pass is like $100, and a fast pass is another $100.

• Options
    Aw man

we had a couple single use ones, not the bands

Yeah that's how I remember it being at Disney. You go to a dispenser that prints out your pass and there's a time delay before you can get another one. They're only good for a certain time window though and the more that have been printed out, the later your time window is.

That was one of the worst things about going with my girlfriend's family. Up by 7 but out of the room by 11. I want as many fast passes as I can get :mad:

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Aw man

If this is a lot, don't ever go to Universal in Orlando. A single day pass is like $100, and a fast pass is another $100.

I've been there. None of the rides there are really worth that much.

Cedar point has like a dozen of the best Rollercoasters in the states.

I guess 125 bucks isn't that bad to ride everything there.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I really want to ride the Maverick and the Gatekeeper but they opened a few years ago now and I bet those line will be insane.

When I've been there, most recently like four years ago, the lines for Maverick weren't too bad. The longest it ever got was probably close to 2 hours, but if you just went and did other stuff and came back to check, there were several times I managed to wait less than an hour.

Also there have been numerous times I've gotten on Raptor within like 15 minutes. It's weird because it's right at the front entrance, so sometimes the line is long because of that, but I think later in the day as people are more spread out in the park it's usually better?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I went to Busch Gardens a couple weeks back!
    Rode all the big rides except one, Tempesto, the newest
    The line was just too long

I was terrified by all of them

...but then the high faded, and now I'm addicted to adrenaline, and I can't feel alive unless I'm on the verge of death

But I'm okay! We're good!

• Options

I don't think I've ever waited in the big line except for maybe once. Never go unless you have a fast pass.

Another one of my favorites is at a closed down six flags (formerly known as Jazzland). It was a giant wooden coaster that beat the shit out of you whenever you rode it, but it was the best.

I mean, I went to Magic Kingdom back in May, and there were two rides with what I would consider a really long queue (Seven Dwarves Mine Cart and Peter Pan's Flight).

Which, I have to admit, is way above what I'd expect from a major theme park like that.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

...but then the high faded, and now I'm addicted to adrenaline, and I can't feel alive unless I'm on the verge of death

nice!

Apollos chariot is awesome

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The lines at Disneyland yesterday were amazingly-manageable for being the first Sunday back for most passholder-types. Only long lines were for Space, Indy, and Splash, and we fastpassed the first two and just waited till night to ride Splash.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

nice!

FUCK YEAH IT WAS
    I rode that one twice

• Options

nice!

FUCK YEAH IT WAS
    I rode that one twice

I went there the summer it opened and was TERRIFIED but made myself go. it didn't work out great

• Options
    To clarify: It was fun, but I got sick

• Options
    I need to go back to Williamsburg at some point.

The last time I went, I was too young* to ride most of the coasters.

(*Read as; FEAR.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

I am trying to turn into this kind of person, because I need to be able to ride some of the more intense/tall rides if I get sent out on testing trips, and to do so repeatedly

And it turns out that nope heights are still terrifying nope I can't convince myself to do the rides with 100 ft drops nope nope nope

Steam
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

I am trying to turn into this kind of person, because I need to be able to ride some of the more intense/tall rides if I get sent out on testing trips, and to do so repeatedly

And it turns out that nope heights are still terrifying nope I can't convince myself to do the rides with 100 ft drops nope nope nope

I did a 320 foot drop!

you can do it!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I think I'm kind of weird when it comes to rides.

I don't, generally, find roller coasters scary at all. The only thing that really limits me is that I can only take so much before I need to clear my head.

However, I don't like carnival/thrill rides at all. I just flat refuse to do those kinds of rides now.

And those chair rides that swing your around in the air and the only thing attaching you and the chair to the ride is a single chain? I did that once, never again.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

Please do not spread falsehoods

It is totally air conditioned inside

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I love all the Disney coasters (and basically all of Disney's rides), but I'm also generally petrified of ones with intense loops. The Aerosmith coaster at Disney is pretty much the farthest I'll go, and then I'll be mildly disappointed in myself for being dizzy for half an hour afterwards.

In other words, I will never ride the Hulk at Universal. Unless someone is going to present me with a sweet bribe first.

Lard Lad Donut
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Options

Lard Lad Donut
    maxresdefault.jpg

I suppose that might work

Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I think I'm kind of weird when it comes to rides.

I don't, generally, find roller coasters scary at all. The only thing that really limits me is that I can only take so much before I need to clear my head.

However, I don't like carnival/thrill rides at all. I just flat refuse to do those kinds of rides now.

And those chair rides that swing your around in the air and the only thing attaching you and the chair to the ride is a single chain? I did that once, never again.

I don't really ride carnival rides as much just because I personally don't trust them/their installation as much as an established park's. Carnival rides have to constantly be assembled and disassembled, whereas a roller coaster is engineered to withstand some pretty intense forces. So I'll be cautious about how intense a carnival ride might be because of that, but in most parks, usually if I bow out it's because I haaaaaaaaaaate heights.

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    Carowinds has a funnel cake that comes in a large pizza box, covered in chocolate syrup

I ate half of it

quote myself:

HEUUUUGHHHH

• Options
    I don't trust a giant death machine that's dis- and reassembled on a weekly basis

• Options
    Oh are we talking about funnel cake

Like how the funnel cake in epcot comes with a giant slab of butter on it

hhbfurakwcjj.jpg
    Jk it's ice cream

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »

Please do not spread falsehoods

It is totally air conditioned inside

My bad, I meant that lobby area where they usher you in.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

nice!

I'll tell you what's not awesome

riding apollo's chariot

when it starts raining

and you're in the front car

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    That Epcot photo, lol. But, food and wine in October. Mmm.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    j0u9uc8au4o0.jpg
    Volcano in King's Dominion, virginia
    This thing right here was the most incredible launch. 2 LIM launchers taking you to 70 mph within a few seconds, and then shooting you straight up, 155 feet, and you roll out the top of the dang mountain. Absolutely spectacular. It's suspended, too, so there's nothing under your feet but blue sky.

We're starting to plan a trip to The Mouse in April. My sister is bringing her family and asked if we'd want to go. We'll use any excuse to go to WDW. Flower and Garden fest sounds nice, and the 7 Dwarves Mine Train is new.

edit: Memories coming back from when a friend an I went to KD a couple years ago when I lived in North Virginia. Dominator has the 4th largest loop in the world, it blew our minds. It's terrifyingly large. They had a stand up coaster called Shockwave that's just been closed permanently, it's a strange experience going through loops while standing up. There was a very odd coaster called "Avalanche" where you ride a 7 car bobsled train that runs inside this half-pipe shaped track with no rails - sort of like a water slide only it's a roller coaster. Great park, I'd visit again if I find myself in Virginia.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't been to Kings Dominion since I was about five, but that actually looks awesome

I've never gone through a really big loop. Small ones don't actually do that much for me since it basically just feels like straight track because of the gs, but a huge loop might be fun.