Options

Scream If You Want To Go Faster in the [Rollercoaster & Theme Park Thread]

12346»

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    I tried going a week after it opened and when the park opened you were funneled right into the line for the ride and then it was having technical difficulties. So a bunch of people stayed in the line and then I just went on other rides that didn't have any wait time. It was nice.

Forbidden Journey is like the best ride and I rode it twice in a row with no wait time since I went in the single rider line.

FJ is great but I have to close my eyes during the video portions or I legit get motion sickness. And I can handle the other screen rides fine, it's just that one that does it. I'd hate to be a ride op on that one

Is that what the issue is? Because I'm fine on the Gringotts ride, but man, Journey sometimes gets me really motion sick. Even Transformers gets me a little sick every now and then. I was figuring it me just getting older and not being able to handle the rides anymore.

With Journey, it’s the combination of screens and ride system.

Like seriously, that ride is so cool but it’s incredibly herky-jerky.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I went to Pandora today!

It was rad! Flight of Passage was really neat, but it triggered my dad's claustrophobia so he had to bail before it started.

I also rode the yeti ride three times it's very good

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    In 3 hours I am leaving for the airport. I will arrive in Orlando around 8 AM, and figure out what happens when I forget to sort out details with Universal's shuttle service regarding flight information and just roll up to their desk. I have not slept.

I am fucking terrible at traveling.

First day in the parks will be solo, and I am sure that if I power through this I will just be a little pile of jelly by the time I meet up with my group the next day. Hopefully a pile of jelly that has ridden the Hagrid ride. If nothing else I will at least buy a wand and meet a raptor before just passing out.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    In 3 hours I am leaving for the airport. I will arrive in Orlando around 8 AM, and figure out what happens when I forget to sort out details with Universal's shuttle service regarding flight information and just roll up to their desk. I have not slept.

I am fucking terrible at traveling.

First day in the parks will be solo, and I am sure that if I power through this I will just be a little pile of jelly by the time I meet up with my group the next day. Hopefully a pile of jelly that has ridden the Hagrid ride. If nothing else I will at least buy a wand and meet a raptor before just passing out.

Are you staying on Universal property? If so, their shuttle service is pretty easy, it costs $35 which is a very fair price because that's a round-trip fare.

• Options
    My thing was that I had bought the shuttle service as part of a package, but never updated my flight information. Things just kinda magically worked out and I was on my way.

I was able to ride Hagrid's twice! It is a damn good ride. Just enough of a thrill to enjoy as an easy going coaster, but not enough to scare off too many people. Definitely among the best rides there.

Various thoughts regarding Universal, Halloween Horror Nights, and Mickey's Not So Scary below:
    Pumpkin Fizz is better than Butter Beer. Hands down.

Getting lockers for the Harry Potter rides sucks, due to small amount of space.

Jimmy Fallon and the Fast and Furious rides are so horrible that they taint the rest of that park for me. Which is terrible, considering how new they are.

Spider-Man is still amazing. Transformers is more of that amazing stuff.

HHN was fun, but the scare zones needed a few more workers. Kinda felt a bit too sparse for me.

I almost cried walking through the Killer Klowns maze out of pure joy. I've loved that movie since childhood, and it felt weirdly validating seeing a house lovingly crafted around it. I was all smiles, and it was the highlight of my trip.

Before Mickey's we went to Trader Sam's. Loud and relies a bit on participation and show, but I was able to enjoy myself. I bought the Nautilus! I'm using it as a candy dish.

MNSSHP is a great way to ride as much as you can within limited time. Got just about everything I wanted, got a good spot for fireworks and Hocus Pocus, and ate about a third of a special ice cream treat before the Florida Heat destroyed it.

Rode a few MK rides for the first time, including a blacked out version of Space Mountain. Hell of a way to experience it. On a related note, that portion of the People Mover is also completely dark. In case you ever wanted a spookier People Mover.

Buzz Lightyear's ride blows.

In short, anyone who prefers Butter Beer to Pumpkin Fizz is a sucker.

• Options
    Did you buy an express pass for HHN? The lines were so bad when we went that we only went through the Ghostbusters and Us mazes.

The Buzz Lightyear ride isn't very good, but I didn't fully realize the extent of it until we went on the Men In Black ride, which is just a vastly superior take on it.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Did you buy an express pass for HHN? The lines were so bad when we went that we only went through the Ghostbusters and Us mazes.

The Buzz Lightyear ride isn't very good, but I didn't fully realize the extent of it until we went on the Men In Black ride, which is just a vastly superior take on it.

Not the Orlando HHN, but we did the Hollywood one, stood in line for Ghostbusters, and after the line immediately walked over and bought the Express Pass because fuuuuuuuck those lines are impossible.

Bonus: the Express line for Us somehow ended up with us in front of Demi and Blake from the Bachelor franchise and I got to take a picture with Demi who is my idol (and also the first openly bi contestant in Bachelor history).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Yeah, I think if I ever end up back at HHN I'm just gonna buy the express pass. It was close to two hours for Ghostbusters and Us, Stranger Things was at three hours most of the night, and everything else was at least an hour.

We did end up shaving like forty minutes off of the Us line and I'm not entirely sure how? I didn't really question it, either.

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

I got the express pass ahead of time. I had kinda watched these events from a distance for a couple of years, and witnessed Howl-O-Scream at Busch last year so I knew I'd rather give up the money than give up the time.

I had previously ridden MIB a decade before trying Buzz. I'm the type that really enjoys older and outdated rides (loved People Mover and Peter Pan), but god damn Buzz is just a cheap ride that has aged horrifically that will just skim on by because children know the character. My highlight was that my sister was in the car ahead of me. The ride stopped in a meaningless video tunnel. Her and her friend turned the car around, and I shot her right in the eye. I'm sure I sound like an asshole, but she's known me for a couple of decades, so she should have been ready.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    A few weekends ago cedar point hit capacity and they had to close the roads going there.

• Options
    My thing was that I had bought the shuttle service as part of a package, but never updated my flight information. Things just kinda magically worked out and I was on my way.

I was able to ride Hagrid's twice! It is a damn good ride. Just enough of a thrill to enjoy as an easy going coaster, but not enough to scare off too many people. Definitely among the best rides there.

Various thoughts regarding Universal, Halloween Horror Nights, and Mickey's Not So Scary below:
    Pumpkin Fizz is better than Butter Beer. Hands down.

Getting lockers for the Harry Potter rides sucks, due to small amount of space.

Jimmy Fallon and the Fast and Furious rides are so horrible that they taint the rest of that park for me. Which is terrible, considering how new they are.

Spider-Man is still amazing. Transformers is more of that amazing stuff.

HHN was fun, but the scare zones needed a few more workers. Kinda felt a bit too sparse for me.

I almost cried walking through the Killer Klowns maze out of pure joy. I've loved that movie since childhood, and it felt weirdly validating seeing a house lovingly crafted around it. I was all smiles, and it was the highlight of my trip.

Before Mickey's we went to Trader Sam's. Loud and relies a bit on participation and show, but I was able to enjoy myself. I bought the Nautilus! I'm using it as a candy dish.

MNSSHP is a great way to ride as much as you can within limited time. Got just about everything I wanted, got a good spot for fireworks and Hocus Pocus, and ate about a third of a special ice cream treat before the Florida Heat destroyed it.

Rode a few MK rides for the first time, including a blacked out version of Space Mountain. Hell of a way to experience it. On a related note, that portion of the People Mover is also completely dark. In case you ever wanted a spookier People Mover.

Buzz Lightyear's ride blows.

In short, anyone who prefers Butter Beer to Pumpkin Fizz is a sucker.

Yeah I'm doing a non-park Disney visit in December and Trader Sam's is top of the list for that exact reason. We're going to Disney Springs (which is great in its own right), shopping a bit, then taking the free shuttle bus to the Polynesian, get a wee bit tipsy or maybe more, then ride the monorail around for a while, then come back to DS and have dinner at the Edison. I might squeeze in Citywalk in the AM but it galls me a bit to pay for parking just to go to that part of things

• Options
    Won't see this too often. Warning, his twitter is a real time sink, he's very prolific.

• Options
    Great overhead of Super Nintendo World in Universal Japan. It looks pretty much ready to go and just waiting to open. Crushed that Orlando's version is delayed, we would have been able to attend for my youngest son's 11th birthday trip but now we'll miss it.

be2vp7nju7gm.jpg