As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Talk about [Wrestling] While I Plot My Escape From Disneyland

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Before I start watching from the beginning, were there any matches on the preshow?

No

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I think they messed up the finish

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Before I start watching from the beginning, were there any matches on the preshow?

No, everything was on the PPV.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    SummerSlam was a good show with some really dumb/bad parts but some incredible matches. Kind of a usual WWE PPV in that regard, really.

I will watch the second half of Takeover tomorrow and try not to cry. (I will probably cry.)

I cried when someone RT'd a picture of it today.

i'm a mess.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay so I left the bar before Brock/Taker finished up

What happened that was so bad

a fuck finish that made both of them look bad

Brock had Taker in a kimura lock and Taker tapped out which made the time keeper ring the bell but the ref didn't see the tap out and started arguing with the time keeper and while that was going on Brock was watching all confused and Taker gets up, low blows him from behind, puts him in the hell's gate, lesnar refuses to tap, gives taker the finger, passes out, match is stopped taker wins.

How did that make Lesnar look bad.

Xehalus wrote: »
    I think they messed up the finish

If they did I do NOT want to be around Vince right now.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I can't believe I missed this live

http://i.imgur.com/rMjA5SV.gif

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    God Mick Foley's theme is so good.

uyvfOQy.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cesaro/Owens and the Tag Match were fantastic

But match of the night was absolutely Cena/Rollins

CYpGAPn.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the victory celebration of the night goes to Kofi

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    jon stewart is the third man

As I said before it's a shame the finish tarnished the whole show for some. But WWE knew what they were doing booking that type of weirdness and they did it anyway.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Cesaro/Owens and the Tag Match were fantastic

But match of the night was absolutely Cena/Rollins!!!!!!!!

Yeah Seth Rollins fucking brought it tonight

If they wanna keep him being kind of a little shit who avoids fights when possible then I'm fine with it but after that performance they can't really use the whole paper champion angle

I mean they can due to the dirty finish if they really wanted to but they shouldn't

CYpGAPn.png
    I'm trying to think of a way that finish could have worked minus the bell.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah Seth Rollins fucking brought it tonight

If they wanna keep him being kind of a little shit who avoids fights when possible then I'm fine with it but after that performance they can't really use the whole paper champion angle

I mean they can due to the dirty finish if they really wanted to but they shouldn't

the real problem is that he was against cena. against anyone else he would've won with that superplex into suplex! They wouldn't have needed the dirty finish.

I dunno, I really want to see rollins dominate, but I also get what they're doing with him (and i'm not against it)

So my dad indulged me and we watched most of Takeover after I helped him with some yardwork.

Here are some dad thoughts:

He thinks the Vaudevillains are goofy but in a fun way. He was surprised they won though.
    He was really surprised that Apollo Crews could pull off all that flippy stuff. He really enjoyed him.
    Sasha vs Bayley was his favorite but he did think Bayley almost died on that Bayleycarana attempt.
    After the match he said "Why doesn't that Kana girl just come in and kick her?"
    He think Finn is also goofy. He read an article about Kevin Owens so he already liked him. He was surprised at the thought of a wrestler wrestling twice in two days.

2ohWien.png
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of a way that finish could have worked minus the bell.

Theoretically, if you make the story of the match Taker getting frustrated that he just doesn't have the goods to put away Brock because he's lost a step, you could have a desperation rope break to get him out of the Kimura instead of the bell, then do the nut kick into the finish. It's still not a great finish, but it doesn't rely on something that makes no sense.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Brock had Taker in a kimura lock and Taker tapped out which made the time keeper ring the bell but the ref didn't see the tap out and started arguing with the time keeper and while that was going on Brock was watching all confused and Taker gets up, low blows him from behind, puts him in the hell's gate, lesnar refuses to tap, gives taker the finger, passes out, match is stopped taker wins.

I mean, this doesn't sound ideal, but on paper I don't immediately hate it
    Mostly because Fuck Brock Lesnar

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    That was a PPV all right that was too long I was already DONE at the halfway point.

And good lord that last match was a TOTAL waste of time

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Why Fuck Brock Lesnar, GG

I mean, this doesn't sound ideal, but on paper I don't immediately hate it
    Mostly because Fuck Brock Lesnar

He says same to you pal.

tumblr_ntkfirFTyM1qh6swzo1_540.png

2ohWien.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Fuck Brock Lesnar? sure whatever but that doesn't "fuck Brock at all"

That makes Taker looks like a wuss and seriously both main events having fuck you finishes? UGH

Why Fuck Brock Lesnar, GG

I can't explain it really
    He is just the heel of heels to me and I don't find him charismatic at all and I hate his stupid face and I want to see him lose

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    As good as some of the matches were, four hours is too fucking long for a PPV. You could have ditched at least three of the matches (say, Orton-Sheamus, the IC title match, and Rusev-Ziggler) and had a much tighter, better paced PPV.

Also, the women's match was bad. It hurts to say it, but it was. Tamina Snuka doing 90% of the wrestling for her team did not help, but it seemed like a lot of jitters combined with the pressure of following Cena-Rollins (and Bayley-Sasha). I think the silly team elimination format hurt them badly, too.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    that ending was so dumb

so dumb

I would get rid of the Divas match before Sheamus/Orton

Feels like a strange thing to say but, here we are

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Yeah, I gave up halfway through the Women's match and went and got a drink.

Haha oh man Sheamus/Orton is another fucking black hole for me
    Ain't going anywhere near it

Haha oh man Sheamus/Orton is another fucking black hole for me
    Ain't going anywhere near it

It's pretty good

I say that as not a fan of either

The fans went from hating it to being into it by the end of the match, which for an Orton match was a miracle considering how much times the fans have utterly turned on his matches to the point of chanting for anything and anyone else. Wasn't close to the worst match of the card

edited August 2015
    Yeah, out of the 3 matches I was dreading one (Sheamus/Orton) was actually rock solid, one (Taker/Lesnar) was surprisingly good and just ended really really poorly and one (IC Match) was exactly as shitty as I expected

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    The slammies better include nxt this year and Bayley better win match of the year.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If they did include NXT it would probably just be a NXT wrestler of the year

I thought the women's match was fine, if poorly paced. B.A.D. Getting knocked out so early was a bummer but like people said, Sasha probably needed a break. They had Paige and Becky getting beaten up go on for waaaay too long though, totally killed the momentum of the match.

CYpGAPn.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    Goose! wrote: »
    If they did include NXT it would probably just be a NXT wrestler of the year

So still Bayley then

Brie going to the top rope and yelling BRIE MOOOOODE and then totally whiffing a missile dropkick was hilarious

CYpGAPn.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    When does Jojo officially join the New Day?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.