As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitter Webcomics

19495969798100»

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Almost the end of another thread. It goes so fast.

I get so bored at work, you have no fucking clue. Thank you for being the light in my life, lest I start drawing what I'm thinking of.

you should draw and write your own webcomic, royce

make royce_ebooks a real thing

Right now I'm concerned with how a gorilla would look with lightning wings and fore-arm blades.

shine on you crazy diamond

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I can't get engaged with Skull Kickers at all.
    It seems kinda bland, well put together but boring

Also the beady eyes are dumb and the constant literal onomatopoeia stuff got old super fast

Yeah, I still don't really have any clue what the narrative is actually about. There's a dwarf guy and a bald guy. They're... bikers? Sometimes fights happen.

They're fantasy adventurers. The current plotline is about them scrapping with an extradimensional demon octopus, and due to time/space shenanigans they've crossed over into a couple weird dimensions where they've met counterparts of themselves. The bikers story is one of a series of brief guest arcs about more versions of them in other dimensions that the main two haven't traveled to.

I really like Skullkickers, but the current arc has become kind of jumbled, and I wish it would hurry on to the next story soon.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I must have been a more then average serious child cause I never could take Scooby doo seriously since one of the main characters was literally begging all the time to eat dog food. As i got older I realized Shaggy was obviously the stoner of the group, but that didnt really make it any better.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    I remember as a kid hating scrappy, but liking the scrappy episodes because they had an connective plot dealing with some kind of demon-thing (there was the guy who was the narrator voice in the Thriller music video that connected the stories together).

Seriously, is no one else going to comment on this? "(T)he guy who was the narrator voice in the Thriller music video...?"

That is the one and only Vincent Price. A legend among horror movie actors.

tumblr_nozxh4ZY6m1rb8qgfo4_1280.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I remember as a kid hating scrappy, but liking the scrappy episodes because they had an connective plot dealing with some kind of demon-thing (there was the guy who was the narrator voice in the Thriller music video that connected the stories together).

Seriously, is no one else going to comment on this? "(T)he guy who was the narrator voice in the Thriller music video...?"

It was obvious Enc was crazy young so I just let it pass.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I know who Vincent Price is, but I never put it together that he was the Thriller narrator

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Outsider goes from zero to space elf pretty fast.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

There are some levels of bullshit that you just hang your head and walk away rather than spend one minute longer than necessary to deal with it.
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Almost the end of another thread. It goes so fast.

I get so bored at work, you have no fucking clue. Thank you for being the light in my life, lest I start drawing what I'm thinking of.

you should draw and write your own webcomic, royce

make royce_ebooks a real thing

Right now I'm concerned with how a gorilla would look with lightning wings and fore-arm blades.

shine on you crazy diamond

So
    Anansi and Anubis were having a debate and Anansi, asshole that he was, suggested that they gather all the magic surrounding this mountain and put it inside to settle their debate. Anubis, having none of Anansi's shit and agreed to settle this once and for all. It was a debate concerning probability from a perfect moment of balance, but Anansi is a trickster and Anubis is a hard ass so we as mortals cannot possibly comprehend where they were going with this.

So you've got this mountain full of magic, and its permeating all the lava tubes and twisting the land beneath it, and this one adolescent gorilla comes along and is mighty curious about all this magic and this deep dark pit, I mean you could feel it pulsing out. So they did what any sensible gorilla did and jumped in. There a lot of creatures inside, animated by the magic, and twisted to Anubis' order, Anansi's tricks, and some split right between the two. The young gorilla even encountered other sensible creatures that had jumped in as well, curious and hungry for magic.

While the Spider and Jackal continued their debate, the gorilla made its way to them, having grown strong in the tunnels and wielding powerful magics itself. Curious at the newcomer, they posed their question to the young gorilla. Could, at a moment of optimum probability, anything good happen?

The gorilla was struck by the question, and found it absurd. Good things just didn't happen, good things happened because someone made it happen. Anubis nodded happily because this was what guided his timeless judgement of souls. Anansi pointed out that they had gathered all that magic for the taking and had before them a powerful gorilla versed in magic, and could destroy their enemies at will, and that by setting up the possibility for good, good had happened. The Jackal was incensed at this, declaring that their guest was no more good than or a rock, that they had undertaken no action that could or would or should be considered good. The spider countered that they were not discussing the gorilla's character or worth, but whether something 'good' would happen if they set up the opportunity. The gorilla had appeared, and offered insight into their debate, and offered strength to both of their arguements, and in turn, proving Anubis right with its words and Anansi right with its presence.

Things quickly spiraled out of control from there, with the two escalating their argument with threats and dramatic flourishes. When the young gorilla attempted to bring some peace, they were quickly set upon.

After a fierce battle, the Gorilla was victorious and stood upon a great big mountain, with a great deal of magic, and two gods angry over a philosophical debate. Curious what they could actually do with all this power, and if they could prove one or the other right, the gorilla set to work, creating something good.

Rising above the land, the mountain rose, tacking with it glowing magma from the beneath the land, and clear water from its surface. It hung in the air, and grew, shaped, and coalesced, into a new land, called Potential. The gorilla took creatures great and small, and imbued them with magic so that they could live in peace and harmony. It set out its tribes of gorillas as ruler of Potential, granting them the power of flight and lightning, with its bloodline holding the highest office.

In the end, this nameless Gorilla had created something good, but still did not prove either Anansi or Anubis right.

Although there were the flying baboon swarms, but that's another story

This discussion has been closed.