As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We didn't eat dogs back in the [Mad Max] thread

1131415161719»

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Ianator wrote: »
    Picked this up about a month ago and I'm enjoying it so far. Got a question, though: Is there any consistent source of full fuel cans? Most I find seem to be half- or mostly-empty.

If you upgrade the bases with the refinery, it'll auto-fill your car when you pop in.

If you're looking for actual cans, then I dunno.

Undead Scottsman on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Full cans spawn from depots at oil rigs (and sometimes other places). In the first third of the game, they can reliably be found near anything you have to blow up.

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    If you win a race, the starting location will spawn fuel cans. They might not be full, but there will be several.

kyrcl.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I'll have to check out the oil rigs then.

I know about the fuel cans at the race sites but, as you said, they're probably not full. I was hoping to find a nice, full can to keep in the back of the Magnum Opus in case of a long Convoy chase or random excursion outside the map.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    I'll have to check out the oil rigs then.

I know about the fuel cans at the race sites but, as you said, they're probably not full. I was hoping to find a nice, full can to keep in the back of the Magnum Opus in case of a long Convoy chase or random excursion outside the map.

I never even got close to running out of fuel, especially once I got the "use less fuel" Max upgrades.

The only time the fuel indicator even came up the game forced it or when I jacked a truck that was low on gas.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    You burn through gas (No pun intended) a lot quicker once you get those side burners, which I found to be mostly useless. Even with max gas efficiency you are still just eating through fuel

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Prohass
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The flamethrower does a ton of damage really quickly. It just takes a second to get going.

Maybe so but at a certain point you're better off just thunderpooning or shotgunning them instead

steam_sig.png

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I dunno, the thunderpoon has a hefty reload time, even fully upgraded, and the shotgun sucks against armor. The top-tier side burners can hit 4 cars at a time, if they get up next to you. Nothing better for crowd control, though they eat fuel like crazy.

Edit: The burners also eat through & kill a level 2 armored car in about 3 seconds of constant exposure. I love 'em.

testsubject23 on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Just beat the game.
    RIP Chum :(

Mego Thor
    Just beat the game.

Post-game spoilers...
    When all the story missions are finished and you're free to roam around the map, wrapping up any loose ends, I like to think that Max is hallucinating Chum. How does he fire the harpoon gun by himself? I don't know.

kyrcl.png
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Just beat the game.

Post-game spoilers...
    When all the story missions are finished and you're free to roam around the map, wrapping up any loose ends, I like to think that Max is hallucinating Chum. How does he fire the harpoon gun by himself? I don't know.
    I mean, Tenderloin is still hanging out after your Thunderdome fight. Maybe she took over?

steam_sig.png

Just beat the game.

Post-game spoilers...
    I mean, Tenderloin is still hanging out after your Thunderdome fight. Maybe she took over?
    Is she? I thought she was killed in the Thunderdome fight.

kyrcl.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I didn't think I"d play a game with a car that violently spins out if you brush a wall as badly as Arkham Knight... but then I did the v8 race.

I don't even understand why it's fishtailing like that.

edit: I won, but it was just... weird.
    Oh... and having to take down Tenderloin at the end was kind of lame

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    JusticeforPluto
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Just beat the game.

Post-game spoilers...
    Is she? I thought she was killed in the Thunderdome fight.

That whole sequence of events was confusing and I had no idea what happened or why in the end.

I didn't think I"d play a game with a car that violently spins out if you brush a wall as badly as Arkham Knight... but then I did the v8 race.

The thing I had to learn before doing the races was that they aren't races so much as murder with cars. Just cheat and blow up everyone else before they can hit the finish line and that counts as a win. The cars all handle like shit anyway.

Just thinking about the two mandatory race missions makes me upset.

steam_sig.png

Geth

The thing I had to learn before doing the races was that they aren't races so much as murder with cars. Just cheat and blow up everyone else before they can hit the finish line and that counts as a win. The cars all handle like shit anyway.

Hmm... I didn't have to kill anyone in the Speed demon race to get to the V8 one. It could be they changed it (I've been playing off and on for a while now) but I broke clear of the pack by the first bend and didn't look back.

edited October 2015

That's good advice for all the races except for the...
    V8 race. Trash cars continually respawn, so you'd just end up wasting all your thunderpoons.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
    Geth

V8 race. Trash cars continually respawn, so you'd just end up wasting all your thunderpoons.

Oh yeah, that one needed a few "tricks" the game has a poor ability to convey to you. Even more frustrating, then, that the "trick" for one doesn't work for the other.

steam_sig.png

Mego Thor

Oh yeah, that one needed a few "tricks" the game has a poor ability to convey to you. Even more frustrating, then, that the "trick" for one doesn't work for the other.

I had the best luck for that race by...
    hitting nitro and blind firing a thunderpoon right out of the gate. If Stank Gun gets too far ahead you can never catch back up.

kyrcl.png
    testsubject23
    There was an update today, but it was nothing major. Just bug fixes, etc.

I should probably delete this game for the hard drive space. I don't think I'll go back to it any time soon now that the story is done and I've cleared out a bunch of stuff.

steam_sig.png

I cleared out every scrap camp on the map, as driving around causing mayhem was my favorite part of the game. My wasteland is literally a wasteland.

kyrcl.png
    Deadfalltastydonuts
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    So, late to the party on this, but question about how Max's skills work that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet. Are the skills cumulative? If you unlock a skill further down the list, do you also keep using the prior skills you've unlocked, or are you swapping out for the new skill?

5gsowHm.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    So, late to the party on this, but question about how Max's skills work that I haven't been able to find an answer to yet. Are the skills cumulative? If you unlock a skill further down the list, do you also keep using the prior skills you've unlocked, or are you swapping out for the new skill?

Cumulative as I recall.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Mego Thor