Options

[amiibo] Tom Nook gets his

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pweeeease

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Checked the Gamestop by home. Only had the Zero Suit Samus and Olimar ones left of the new ones. They had a Charizard on the wall that got picked up while I was looking. Also have the Splatoon 3-pack with the squid

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just buy the Splatoon 3 pack for me and don't make me pay for it.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2015
    Keith wrote: »
    I'm broke.

Sorry!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey, @Chincymcchilla you excited for the new Skylanders this weekend?

What, it's relevant --some of them are also Amiibo

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

me and ms chilla typically buy and play through like the previous years so you save some money

so I'll probably start looking into trap team stuff after it comes out

it does look neat though, excited to try it in a year or so

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

me and ms chilla typically buy and play through like the previous years so you save some money

so I'll probably start looking into trap team stuff after it comes out

it does look neat though, excited to try it in a year or so

Hmm, that's a pretty good idea. I think the combination Skylander/Amiibo figures they made for this one are pretty cool. I hope they continue doing stuff like that in the future.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    My Dr. Mario came. Woo

• Options
    My Dr. Mario came. Woo

Phrasing?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/5222348991.html

If anyone wants to drop $750 for 48 amiibo. Not that bad considering how much some of the individual ones go for. Actual price is around $624 before tax if you'd bought them yourself

• Options
    http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-amiibo-cards-are-up-for-pre-order-312199.phtml

So... the Amiibo cards are apparently blind-packed 100-card sets that sell in packs of 6 at $1/per card?

Sweet, that's even shittier than actual Amiibos if you're a collector.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I didn't know how they could fuck that up but boom goes the dynamite

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    http://www.destructoid.com/the-first-amiibo-cards-are-up-for-pre-order-312199.phtml

So... the Amiibo cards are apparently blind-packed 100-card sets that sell in packs of 6 at $1/per card?

That's how blind pack cards are generally sold.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Yes, I know. Them being blind pack cards is the shitty thing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Yes, I know. Them being blind pack cards is the shitty thing.

I mean I don't know how else you would sell them.

• Options
    Set packs? So people can get the specific cards they want?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I like blind packs. I like the randomness of them.

• Options
    Okay, now imagine you want to get, lets say, a Street Fighter 2 costume for Cammy in SFV, but instead of selling that costume directly to you, you can only buy a set of mystery costumes that has a 6% chance of being the one you want.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    gamestop-3pack-amiibo-retro-rob-mrgamewatch-duckhunt.jpg
    This is out tomorrow, Gamestop exclusive

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I can't find a Wario.

I snagged a used (regular) Samus for Raijin Quickfoot from Gamestop yesterday. I don't know how those got so rare. I saw tons of them when I was hunting for Mega Man.

• Options
    I have a Wario but it's the only one I've ever seen.

Also, oh yeah, I have to pick up my pre-order tomorrow. I forgot.

• Options
    There have been a couple amiibos I've purchased just because I was sure it would be the last time I would ever see one in a store

Wario was one of those cases

I still don't love the biker look

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Original Wario is best Wario. (Actually Dragon-hat Wario is best Wario because dragon hat)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Set packs? So people can get the specific cards they want?

Buy singles.
    Again that's just how card collecting works the market for them is way more stable though with loads of decent retailers online so odds are you won't be paying out the ass for the rares unless you go through amazon or ebay
    Okay, now imagine you want to get, lets say, a Street Fighter 2 costume for Cammy in SFV, but instead of selling that costume directly to you, you can only buy a set of mystery costumes that has a 6% chance of being the one you want.
    Capcom might do that.
    You also can't keep that costume in a binder and trade it for a different one later. There will be more amiibo cards and they'll all act as a sort of currency with one another if they were just set packs they'd have no aftermarket value and the collector market wouldn't bother with them or buy new sets.

• Options
    I can't find a Wario.

I snagged a used (regular) Samus for Raijin Quickfoot from Gamestop yesterday. I don't know how those got so rare. I saw tons of them when I was hunting for Mega Man.

They haven't produced any in almost a year is how they got so rare.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Just picked up the retro 3-pack

lPlX9j1.jpg
    i7O67lE.jpg
    dglwicl.jpg
    pw0iDz8.jpg
    Q7f2cSL.jpg
    OPBKhuZ.jpg
    These things are kickass

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    they're real cool yeah

• Options
    Only problem I have is where do I put my spare Game and Watch pieces?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wish they weren't so hard to come by though

really puts a damper on my plan to get a second ROB and rip the base off and stick it in the base of an actual ROB

• Options
    wish they weren't so hard to come by though

really puts a damper on my plan to get a second ROB and rip the base off and stick it in the base of an actual ROB

The gamestop I got mine at had extra earlier today. I can check the one by my house tomorrow if you want

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Only problem I have is where do I put my spare Game and Watch pieces?
    Uh, you buy three more G&W amiibos and melt down the spare poses to make a cool display case.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I have got to get a pink yarn Yoshi

• Options
    Gamestop told me they're doing pre-orders for the Yoshi and Chibi Robo game+amiibo bundles, but no word on regular amiibo pre-orders yet

• Options
    Yeah, I asked when I picked up my three pack.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Gamestop told me they're doing pre-orders for the Yoshi and Chibi Robo game+amiibo bundles, but no word on regular amiibo pre-orders yet

They did the same but asked if I wanted to pre order the Mii or Yarn Yoshi as well
    It seems I was at one of the few stores asking

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I thought about it but I really don't want Zip lash at all and I doubt the trade value will be any good. Besides the Amiibo separately will probably be about the same price in the secondary market so I'm just gonna nab it there

King Riptor on
  • Options
    I do want Zip Lash, but I don't have a New 3ds so I can't use the amiibo with the game

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do want Zip Lash, but I don't have a New 3ds so I can't use the amiibo with the game

They brought out the NFC device so you can play it on your rather Lumpenproletariat 3ds

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I want that Mega Yoshi.

I don't even want Wooly World.

I have a problem.

• Options

The hockey puck should be out with happy Home designer