Options

The Butterfly Effect (Until Dawn)

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Keith wrote: »
    I'm only a couple hours into the game, but it hasn't scared me yet. Some parts are pretty tense, I just don't scare easily.

My boyfriend sat down and watched me play it for like a half hour last night and gasped out "Jesus Christ" a few times, then said he's gonna have nightmares.

ms chilla has not jumped at the awful later stuff but totally freaked out at the
    baby wolverine bit

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think that probably scared my wife the most too

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This was a good game and I hope there are more like it coming

I feel like even though certain aspects of the story were inflexible like Telltale games usually are, Telltale got fuckin' schooled on how to do consequences and make them feel meaningful and important

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The only problem with this that I had was

(MAJOR SPOILERS)
    Nobody calls Josh on how creepy and awful he was for stealing Sam's clothes and watching her bathe

EDIT: Oh! And the intro rendition of O Death is freaking badass

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

(MAJOR SPOILERS)
    Nobody calls Josh on how creepy and awful he was for stealing Sam's clothes and watching her bathe

I get what you're saying here but I think they're a little too busy to worry about the finer details

• Options

(MAJOR SPOILERS)

I get what you're saying here but I think they're a little too busy to worry about the finer details

I know, but it's not like any of the men had to run around in a towel

It didn't kill the game for me or anything, it was just creepy in a way I wasn't hoping the game would be

• Options

(MAJOR SPOILERS)

I know, but it's not like any of the men had to run around in a towel

It didn't kill the game for me or anything, it was just creepy in a way I wasn't hoping the game would be

I definitely thought about that during that particular scene.

It was the most durable towel dress in history though.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Josh is definitely a super big creeper through the early parts of the game

Its one of his biggest traits

I don't think the game really comments on it one way or the other

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    @Chincymcchilla

Might wanna spoiler that dude

• Options
    @Chincymcchilla

I didn't really consider it a spoiler since I'm basing this off things that he says in the first hour but okie doke

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    @Chincymcchilla

I didn't really consider it a spoiler since I'm basing this off things that he says in the first hour but okie doke

"through the whole game" implies more than the first hour

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    @Chincymcchilla

"through the whole game" implies more than the first hour

edited

• Options
    Does anyone know how to (late game spoilers)
    save josh? I heard you can save everyone but there doesn't really seem to be a way to do that?

• Options
    save josh? I heard you can save everyone but there doesn't really seem to be a way to do that?
    Save everyone and find all of The Twins clues

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Save everyone and find all of The Twins clues

oh hmm.
    can you go back to get clues you missed somehow?

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    I don't know. I haven't started a second play through yet

• Options
    hmm.

Ok thanks

• Options
    You can in fact start a replay from any chapter and get the clues you missed, but it'll keep the choices you made in all prior chapters.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Wow. The thread title alone convinced me to buy this. :+1:

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    u dont actually need all the twin clues.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    I'm also trying to figure out how to

Midgame spoilers
    save matt. The guides say shoot the wendigo with the flare but he used it earlier and I can't figure out what the difference is

• Options

Midgame spoilers
    save matt. The guides say shoot the wendigo with the flare but he used it earlier and I can't figure out what the difference is

Hmmm.. I had zero problems with saving him.

• Options

Midgame spoilers

Hmmm.. I had zero problems with saving him.
    right I mean I'm trying to figure out what I did that made him shoot the flare off

• Options
    edited September 2015
    How to save Matt
    Say you don't want to go to the tower to call for help. He'll say he really wants to go back to the cabin instead of being anxious to get assistance.

When you get there, give him the flare gun and he'll keep it instead of waste it immediately.

You can also opt to have Matt save himself instead of try to save Emily, and he will always live if you do this, but it ruins their relationship at the end.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    How to save Matt
    Say you don't want to go to the tower to call for help. He'll say he really wants to go back to the cabin instead of being anxious to get assistance.

When you get there, give him the flare gun and he'll keep it instead of waste it immediately.

You can also opt to have Matt save himself instead of try to save Emily, and he will always live if you do this, but it ruins their relationship at the end.

ah ok, thanks

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Welp, first death whoops.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    rhylith wrote: »
    Gonna guess Matt?

Or maybe Josh?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Gonna guess Matt?

Or maybe Josh?
    Mine was josh. Was hoping that if I didn't touch the lever that the saw just wouldn't progress and nope.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Gonna guess Matt?

Or maybe Josh?
    Mine was josh. Was hoping that if I didn't touch the lever that the saw just wouldn't progress and nope.
    Yeah Josh is currently half a Josh.

I had an off-camera death too but I know the rules there's no way that person is dead. Horror movies gotta show you the blood for it to be real.

This game is really fucking cool. I hope it's doing well because I'd like to see more like it.

rhylith on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Gonna guess Matt?

Or maybe Josh?

Yeah I did the same thing my first time through but then I had to make the awful choice

:whistle: Suddenly

He's not half the man he used to be :whistle:

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, who did you all pick as your most disliked character by Dr. Ham Hill?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, who did you all pick as your most disliked character by Dr. Ham Hill?

Emily.

Just like everyone else, I'm sure.

• Options

I picked Josh

• Options
    I picked Mike. I liked him slightly better by the end of the game, but his personality was awful at the start and during the tutorial.

• Options
    Yea i picked emily, but i wonder if there is a play through where she isnt just whiny horrible person all the time.

• Options
    Yea i picked emily, but i wonder if there is a play through where she isnt just whiny horrible person all the time.

I don't think so

Ms Chilla has always had us keep her alive because she has some good ideas but BOY she's irritating

• Options

I don't think so

Ms Chilla has always had us keep her alive because she has some good ideas but BOY she's irritating

Chincy, have you beat it because i want to have a spoilery discussion

• Options

I don't think so

Not yet but I'm very close and I believe I know basically most/all of the spoilers, whats up?

• Options

I don't think so

Not yet but I'm very close and I believe I know basically most/all of the spoilers, whats up?
    In my playthrough, I got Emily Bit, and the group found out and Mike tried to shoot her. Did you experience this and if so what was the outcome on your play through?

• Options

I don't think so

In my playthrough, I got Emily Bit, and the group found out and Mike tried to shoot her. Did you experience this and if so what was the outcome on your play through?

Yes
    I did not have him shoot emily because I remembered that I found a corpse in the morgue with the bite so it couldn't be transmittable