Options

The Butterfly Effect (Until Dawn)

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's basic horror movie logic though

Never split the party

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    It's basic horror movie logic though

Never split the party

This is the logic I had as well but
    I call bullshit to the fact that you can follow that path and opt out of dying.

especially since there is a totem down there as well!

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Well I also got a totem that showed a cave which made me extra cautious

But even though I missed the totem down that path, I don't feel like it hurt my story

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I missed a fair few of the totems
    But the menu said they filled out that "Events of the Past" bit, but each totem gathered didn't seem to add a proportionate amount to that film? Like it felt like even if I'd found all of them it would only complete a fraction of the thing

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    GG why do you hate dogs?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    For those that might not know, Jesse Cox and his friends made a follow-up episode to their Until Dawn run which fills in some parts they missed as well as show off their attempt to fix something they felt they messed up.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I thought it was Jessica! We just saw her wake up!
    Should have paid more attention to the Wendigo book.

in GG's defense

I absolutely would have done this if Ms. Chilla didn't remember what the book said

Just so you know, I am tying all of you to the couch should we ever find ourselves in an Antarctic research station.

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Can someone answer the biggest until dawn mystery for me:

What the FUCK is Chris' nickname? Because it sounds an awful lot like he keeps getting called "Goat Cheese".

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Skullo wrote: »
    Can someone answer the biggest until dawn mystery for me:

What the FUCK is Chris' nickname? Because it sounds an awful lot like he keeps getting called "Goat Cheese".

Cochese

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Cochise. It was the name of an Indian chief who led a rebellion against the us government. Considered a great leader. Josh is teasing him with it because he is timid.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Actually it's co-cheese because he is saying is only equal to cheese... Probably a lesser variety like Kraft Processed Cheese Food.

• Options
    Crow cheese. Because crows can't make cheese and Chris can't properly heat up Velveeta.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ho Chi's

As in he is the property of Ho Chi Minh.

• Options
    Ah, thank you! This was bugging the hell out of us during our play through.
    Cochise. It was the name of an Indian chief who led a rebellion against the us government. Considered a great leader. Josh is teasing him with it because he is timid.

Is this explained in game somewhere, or did I fall victim to bad social studies/history classes?

Anyway, my cousin, brother and I played through this last night in one sitting (my brother was in control the whole time). It was a ton of fun! Fell victim to every jump scare even if we saw it coming, and a lot of it was legitimately creepy. Will definitely be picking this up to go through my own playthrough.

• Options
    Skullo wrote: »
    Ah, thank you! This was bugging the hell out of us during our play through.

Is this explained in game somewhere, or did I fall victim to bad social studies/history classes?

Anyway, my cousin, brother and I played through this last night in one sitting (my brother was in control the whole time). It was a ton of fun! Fell victim to every jump scare even if we saw it coming, and a lot of it was legitimately creepy. Will definitely be picking this up to go through my own playthrough.

no I don't think so. A lot of the references are older than they should be given the age of the characters. Cochise was in a lot of movies/tv in the 80s.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I saw TheRadBrad's playthrough of this,
    I am impressed/surprised how well he did saving everyone except Matt on his playthrough!

Question about Josh, I get the impression Josh either is dragged away and turns into a Wendigo, or died by getting his head crushed, is that the only endings for him?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Liiya wrote: »
    I am impressed/surprised how well he did saving everyone except Matt on his playthrough!

Question about Josh, I get the impression Josh either is dragged away and turns into a Wendigo, or died by getting his head crushed, is that the only endings for him?

Yes.

e: My younger brother came over last weekend and played a few chapters. He killed the bird. Disappointed.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

Yes.

e: My younger brother came over last weekend and played a few chapters. He killed the bird. Disappointed.

Thanks!
    Boo, does that have an effect on everything else, aren't you supposed to not kill any animals?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Cochise has made a pretty decent comeback recently.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Kaplar wrote: »

Yes.

Thanks!
    Boo, does that have an effect on everything else, aren't you supposed to not kill any animals?
    He didn't play far enough to tell if that particular instance had a later effect. I just called him a dick for it. And yes, don't hurt animals later. That wolf was my favorite character until it died :bigfrown:

• Options
    Cochise has made a pretty decent comeback recently.

I'll have to pay more attention then, because I would have never guessed that was the name based on Josh's delivery.

But I've learned something now, and knowing it's someone's name makes me feel bad that we thought they were calling this guy "goat cheese" all night.

• Options
    Subtitles all day.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    I really liked this, but I am a sucker for David Cage-esque games (warts and all).

Entire game spoilers
    Man I wanted Josh to have a better ending option. All that "atonement" talk I got at the end was making me think he was going to sacrificr bull rush Wendigo Hannah at one point to save someone from a failed "DON'T MOVE."

Mostly because I really could have used that.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    I'm fine with it. Horror movies are really kinda lousy if nothing bad happens to anybody.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    This game is like

The best game

Mike rules

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    Who are those for
    Who enjoys those

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Don't link bad youtubes, negative attention is just as good as positive attention re:youtube

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    That guy seems like a real asshole.

• Options
    Until Dawn exceeded the developer's expectations, and there is internal talk of a sequel of some kind. No one knows yet what form it might take, but they're well aware that they can't just make a direct sequel featuring the same characters.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Until Dawn exceeded the developer's expectations, and there is internal talk of a sequel of some kind. No one knows yet what form it might take, but they're well aware that they can't just make a direct sequel featuring the same characters.

Really, another game that's similar in style but completely unrelated in plot and cast would be just fine.

Well, maybe keep Peter Stormare.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yeah but you could always bring over a at least one of the cast. Need some of that "not this shit again."

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    obviously Emily should be the recurring character

• Options
    Keep jess, the one character that 90% of people got killed

• Options
    Keep jess, the one character that 90% of people got killed

And who was one of my 3 survivors

• Options
    She's my fave

• Options
    She's my fave

That's weird. You're weird

• Options
    She's my fave

That's weird. You're weird

If "WERE GONNA FUCK" did not endear you to her I dont know what to say

Also hold on I had something for this

NO U

• Options
    I guess that was a great moment, sure, but she just got so little characterization compared to everyone else on the crew

• Options
    I guess that was a great moment, sure, but she just got so little characterization compared to everyone else on the crew

Which is why she should come back!