As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear: V Has Come To

19596979899101»

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    My goals right now are to build enough Heroism to invade nuke havers even after I build my own nuke, and to farm resources to get a nuke

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I wish you could do extreme, perfect stealth, and subsistence versions of every mission

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been enjoying how they mix up play. OSP especially forces you to switch up play style

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Subsistence missions are great. Taking down a tank convoy with a bolt action rifle is a pretty incredible experience

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can you equip no weapons on a regular mission and self-impose OSP?

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    i dunno about secondary, and you an unequip all tools and support items, but you definitely have to have a primary or I would almost never use one because the weapon I use 99% of the time is my tranq pistol.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can you equip no weapons on a regular mission and self-impose OSP?

No, you have to bring weapons for some reason.

• Options
    That'll all change when I eventually unlock weapon modification and throw a suppressor on my tranq sniper.

Gunna get so much mileage out of that weapon.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    To raise affinity with D-Dog, just manually mark any enemies he points out. I have never done anything with him other than that and he's at max bond.

Nothing other than marking? Including petting?

DD demands scratchies.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    That'll all change when I eventually unlock weapon modification and throw a suppressor on my tranq sniper.

Gunna get so much mileage out of that weapon.

Yeah, having a tranq sniper is a huuge help. Before I had one, I always felt like a fucking boss whenever I'd pull off an out of range tranq pistol headshot. It's a nice touch that you get rewarded with a tactical takedown and a headshot for doing it.

mosssnack on
    XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    To raise affinity with D-Dog, just manually mark any enemies he points out. I have never done anything with him other than that and he's at max bond.

Nothing other than marking? Including petting?

DD demands scratchies.

Oh yeah, lots of petting too. But I've never ordered him to Bark or Attack. I should probably use that at some point.

• Options
    it's just weird because it doesn't seem like those settings take a lot of work to implement

extreme, switch on the high difficulty ai, bigger health bars, and switch off reflex

perfect stealth, pop a game over when you're caught

subsistence, just turn everything off

it seems like it's work that you could apply to everything so i wonder why they did it for such a small number of missions

• Options
    also, is it just me, or (mission 31 and 50)
    is sahelanthropus a huge fuckin' pushover

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yeah the only thing that took a little while to get is to not bother trying to dodge the laser beam, just hide

you can even call in an airstrike in 31 without rank restriction

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    it's just weird because it doesn't seem like those settings take a lot of work to implement

extreme, switch on the high difficulty ai, bigger health bars, and switch off reflex

perfect stealth, pop a game over when you're caught

subsistence, just turn everything off

it seems like it's work that you could apply to everything so i wonder why they did it for such a small number of missions

with everything i've been hearing about sort of end game spoilers:
    the game being unfinished, i wonder if it has something to do with that?

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    yeah the only thing that took a little while to get is to not bother trying to dodge the laser beam, just hide

you can even call in an airstrike in 31 without rank restriction
    on normal difficulty at least, all you have to do is run into the missile-launching tank thing right at the start, and between its missiles and its gun you can kill it in like, two minutes

• Options
    BOX went rogue and launched a coup on the San Hieronymo Penninsula so me and Campbell had to get together and form

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I hate being rude to them though

They're all so polite

It's bad enough Big Boss forces me to shove them out of the way when trying to go past

Although I suppose there is definitely a sub quality to all of your recruits

I wish there was at least a dedicated salute button like in MGO

for now I've been confetti popping out of a box in front of them when I want to give some nonviolent encouragement

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    "Train with me, Boss! How bout it?"

Look if you can't dodge the water pistol in your face you're not ready for training.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MGS5, the game for people who want to dom npc paramilitary recruits

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    101 pages, huh

This discussion has been closed.