As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Bad" Food Thread: A Whole Night of Self-Doubt, Regret and Food Baby

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

Oh god yes

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Is that a KFC sized bucket of Chicken McNuggets!?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    He already tweeted about it, you can't beat the Nugget King at breaking news in Nugget History.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wonder how many sauce cups they give you by default. Probably like one then they look at you funny when you ask for more.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I wonder how many sauce cups they give you by default. Probably like one then they look at you funny when you ask for more.

well 4 and 6 both get one, and 10 gets 2 (5/1), so by their own rules they should give you 8.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    They should give you a container of sauce the size of a KFC mashed potatoes.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I got one of those 50 piece buckets back in the day, would have been 1998, 2000?

Ate it on the bus then just left it in my room for a few days. They did not improve.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Well if I had access to spicy south african chicken of course I'd pick that.

But I don't

I have Nandos

And it's alright.

No I mean at the Nando's in SA you can pay half of that. $13 for half a chicken and a side? Try $6.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Girlfriend picked up taco bell for us the other day and, when she got home, we realized they screwed up our order. They gave us about twice as much food as she ordered and, instead of tacos, they gave us chalupas. This is the one time I'm ok with taco bell's error.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I think that breakfast burrito was too much food.

Yet another spy in our midst....

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Man I love Trader Joe's. I wish there was one closer than 90 minutes + a border wait away

My trader joes not far, but its far enough away that im thankful. else id have access to a neverending supply of trail mix.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    also, Sams club doesn't accept VISA. so, yeah, I wasted 20 bucks on a membership there.

• Options
    To continue with the Costco discussion..

Costco Chicken Salad Sickens 19 With E Coli
    NBC News wrote:
    Nineteen people in seven states are sick with an E coli infection linked to chicken salad from Costco, federal health officials said Tuesday.

That is some legitimately bad food.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    There isnt much new and special about the nugget bucket except the bucket. You can still get 50 nugs for 10 bucks in most McDonalds.

• Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    To continue with the Costco discussion..

Costco Chicken Salad Sickens 19 With E Coli
    NBC News wrote:
    Nineteen people in seven states are sick with an E coli infection linked to chicken salad from Costco, federal health officials said Tuesday.

That is some legitimately bad food.

Ehhh... Only 19 people in 7 states is actually pretty low assuming the chicken salad is not actually made in the store, but all comes from the same central location and shipped to the store. if its made at the individual stores then...ouch.

But then again, I've never been one to buy chicken or tuna salad. its much better to make it yourself with leftovers and fresh mayo.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    Haha wow holy shit. The price for everything on that Nandos menu is like twice what you would pay in South Africa.

Welcome to Canada.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Costco chicken salad is pretty good. Its very good for store bought.

• Options
    And the food poisoning helps you lose weight right?

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I bought some canned chicken because it was on sale, but I didn't realize that it was packed in lemon pepper sauce. It's not the worst thing to have happened, but I had intended to make a traditional chicken salad for sandwiches. I'll probably use it for a pasta dish now.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    There isnt much new and special about the nugget bucket except the bucket. You can still get 50 nugs for 10 bucks in most McDonalds.

Maccas nugs are around the 1/$ mark in Australia.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I bought some canned chicken because it was on sale, but I didn't realize that it was packed in lemon pepper sauce. It's not the worst thing to have happened, but I had intended to make a traditional chicken salad for sandwiches. I'll probably use it for a pasta dish now.

Man, I dunno, lemon pepper chicken salad sounds pretty good to me. Mayo, maybe a little celery if you go that way, maybe some mustard.

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, American "bad" food fans!

For the rest of the world, have a nice Thursday.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    This article's the first time I've heard of piecaken. Kind of want to try one now.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Yet another spy in our midst....

Hey man, you're talking to the guy who made a spaghettios burrito once.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

chris you're drunk on punctuation

(he means 1$/nug)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    One per dollar, yeah.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I had a chicken kiev and cheese sandwich for lunch.

SO GOOD

• Options
    edited November 2015
    One per dollar, yeah.

then 1n/$ surely? ... I wonder what a nug unit is.

edit: one kilonug has gotta be called a Ronnie.

tynic on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I feel like the nug unit can't just be a measure of how many nuggets there are. It has to reflect weight or tastiness due to multiple nug configurations.

Is a boot nug more or less nug than the ball? What about the bone or bell?

If the ball were 1 nug, then I feel the boot would be at least 1.1 nugs. Because the boot is the superior shape.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Maybe the lowest nug quantum is all four together. Everything below that is a partial nug.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Burger King chicken fries have made it to Denmark. I have tried them.

They're... okay? They're sorta soggy and kinda crispy at the same time and has the taste-appearance of being spicy without any actual spiciness. I tried them with the BBQ sauce which is a bit too smokey for my tastes, but... I dunno, my life is neither better nor worse for having tried them.

I'd probably try them again.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

thats kinda crazy. Do you guys have trouble importing chickens or something?

• Options
    I think we grow enough locally. Probably a combination of other factors.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Fast food is obscenely cheap in America.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    tynic wrote: »
    Maybe the lowest nug quantum is all four together. Everything below that is a partial nug.

That model precludes the existence of nugtrinos.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Whic?h as everybody and their grandmother sells breakfast burritos here

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Can You Cook a Salmon in the Dishwasher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IRHU--Kp_U

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

They make them with koala meat down there.

• Options

Maccas uses all Aussie-grown chicken in Australia. From major national suppliers that are RSPCA approved.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Ah. Seems like maybe your chicken suppliers are not run by shitty cost cutting corporations that are as bad for the farmers and their families as they are for the chickens.

It is the American way.

This discussion has been closed.