As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I forgot how super slow you run with 0 paragon and a non 70 character. Mats-wise, bounties are a good idea for leveling. But are rifts actually faster? Anyone know? Obviously powerleveling is actually faster, but I'm leveling properly at the moment and am curious.

edit: I'm also curious if doing the proper act to get the bonus is faster than just doing act 1 all the time since the other act's bounties kind of suck.

shadowane on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    So I've got all the monk sets at this point, and most of the supporting items necessary for the new Uliana's build, but still critically missing the Flow of Eternity to cube. Also missing Shen Long right hand if I wanted to try a generator build.

I've been using Raiment in the meanwhile to fill the gap, and while Dashing Strike hits for 1-1.5b, it's just not enough to comfortably get past T7 or so.

Frustrating to be so close but so far.

My seasonal monk seems to be frustratingly unable to get a second piece of *any* monk set.

Have one piece Uliana's, one piece dashing strike set, one piece of the monkey king set... but can't seem to get a second piece of anything other than that godawful Blackthorne's set.

Did get the seasonal fist weapon though, and that has been pretty nice even with no Uliana set bonuses. Just give me the next fucking piece already!!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    I forgot how super slow you run with 0 paragon and a non 70 character. Mats-wise, bounties are a good idea for leveling. But are rifts actually faster? Anyone know? Obviously powerleveling is actually faster, but I'm leveling properly at the moment and am curious.

edit: I'm also curious if doing the proper act to get the bonus is faster than just doing act 1 all the time since the other act's bounties kind of suck.

i think rifts are the fastest way to level. now that you dont need keys it is the best way.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

i think rifts are the fastest way to level. now that you dont need keys it is the best way.

Especially if you draw the cow level that totally doesn't exist and certainly doesn't have an event that injects pure xp into your veins.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I'm going to get a character to 70 for that HOTS mount, but after getting a monk and witch doctor to 10 I can't decide which to stick with for the long haul. Is there a general consensus on which of those 2 is better/more fun to play in the long run? Considering I've gotten a wizard to 60 in vanilla D3, and a crusader to 70, which will give me the freshest experience?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Is there any secret to getting Skeleton King to kill his own minions? I spent 20 minutes getting to 4/15, then I gave up on it. It just seems he does no damage at all to them most of the time.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Is there any secret to getting Skeleton King to kill his own minions? I spent 20 minutes getting to 4/15, then I gave up on it. It just seems he does no damage at all to them most of the time.

His big windup triple swing instagibs any of them caught in it. You basically just care about that one attack.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

His big windup triple swing instagibs any of them caught in it. You basically just care about that one attack.

Yeah, I saw that clearly hit a ton of them - no damage.

I'll try again later.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Al_wat wrote: »

Especially if you draw the cow level that totally doesn't exist and certainly doesn't have an event that injects pure xp into your veins.

All the guide I read say do specific act 1 bounties (and only certain ones, the fastest ones, you never do all 5) and reset continuously. Basically because the AI and mobs you fight in act 1 are super predictable, few in type, and not really annoying in any way.

Our group got bored of this and wanted to do rifts, and things slowed dramatically. Even when we breaked to go get our helm for ruby boost. At points we had to cut difficulty down and I dont think act 1 would have done that to us.

edit: whoops was this for paragon level? I meant for 0-70.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Which Monk set is the one that gives infinite Sweeping Wind?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I'll try again later.

What difficulty were you on? He may have to have a certain amount of power; I know I did it on Normal.

• Options
    gooner6969gooner6969 OntarioRegistered User new member
    thanks for the guild invite :)

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Can I get a guild invite when someone gets a chance? Want to get the hots mount.

Morkath#1510

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Increased survivability is basically going to be a function of "more paragon levels" and "more damage so nothing lives long enough to hurt me", yeah? Other than a hat without vit/+life gem, I'm doing okay on the toughness.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    dporowski wrote: »
    Increased survivability is basically going to be a function of "more paragon levels" and "more damage so nothing lives long enough to hurt me", yeah? Other than a hat without vit/+life gem, I'm doing okay on the toughness.

Well, having 30% damage reduction from legendaries or such really helps too.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Which Monk set is the one that gives infinite Sweeping Wind?
    One of the old Inna's bonuses, I think the three piece, used to reduce it by seventy. When they made it a six piece they got rid of it.

Sweeping Wind is also useless so it's good they got rid of it.

butts
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    This season has been very generous to my new WD. I have the entire acid cloud/zombie bear gear set except a furnace (cube) and a hellfire. I'm already doing gr43 with plenty of time using the acid cloud build, but I get damn near instagibbed so I'm hesitant to go further. I think leveling my wildebeest gizzard and switching it out for my bane of the powerful and then switching to bears might push me into mid/high-50s. I much prefer acid cloud, but hey, them's the breaks.

I also really want in-geom and thing of the deep for the t10 firewall rift build, but I've had no luck so far.

I'm super happy with WD this season.

I haven't kept up on most other classes. Is Crusader really doing poorly? Is it at least fun? What about DH? I thought about dabbling in them briefly when I need a break from my WD.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Wait what how. Looking at my projected gear list, nothing on it (Tal's, etc) has that kind of DR. What am I missing?

Edit: Wait, Aughild's? Didn't think you had room for that plus the other pieces, and I haven't seen any builds mention it...

dporowski on
  • Options

Wait what how. Looking at my projected gear list, nothing on it (Tal's, etc) has that kind of DR. What am I missing?

Edit: Wait, Aughild's? Didn't think you had room for that plus the other pieces, and I haven't seen any builds mention it...

There's a DH bracer that gives it. I wasn't referring to any one build, just the idea of survivability beimg a function of paragon and dps.

The lack of a quote chain may have caused me to misread your post.

• Options

There's a DH bracer that gives it. I wasn't referring to any one build, just the idea of survivability beimg a function of paragon and dps.

Oh, I see. Nope, just speaking in general terms, and I'm playing a wizard, so that'd be why I had no idea about the DH bracer.

Looks like Tal's 4 piece is a hefty elemental DR buff though, so I suspect that'll help, and as my damage output rises, there's just less chance to damage me in the first place.

And now I know about 100% meteor bonus boots THAT I NEED OH GOD.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I've been playing my DH without really taking a look at guides or builds or anything, just going with whatever drops. Found some legendary quiver and didn't even read the orange text until like 3 hours later (oh, multishot hits twice, that's pretty neat), then just now found a Yang's Recurve. C-c-combo! Also bye-bye my hatred-woes, love the resource cost reduction (48% on my bow, not bad).

Running around as a rapid-fire shotgun now.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Oh, I see. Nope, just speaking in general terms, and I'm playing a wizard, so that'd be why I had no idea about the DH bracer.

Looks like Tal's 4 piece is a hefty elemental DR buff though, so I suspect that'll help, and as my damage output rises, there's just less chance to damage me in the first place.

The best I think that wizard's have for a 1 item class-unique defense bonus is the Halo of Arlyse.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »

The best I think that wizard's have for a 1 item class-unique defense bonus is the Halo of Arlyse.

That item is fantastic and should be used

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Those messages I've been seeing the past few days, "X is the first player in your region to accomplish Y," is that seasonal or regular? Or both?

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I used to think reflect damage was a joke. Now that I'm putting out the obscene numbers that I am, though, I have been one shotting myself quite a bit. If there's even one reflect damage monster in a pack, I die. Its really, really annoying as well as poorly implemented. If the monsters are out sync in regards to when they have reflect damage up the pack takes an age to deal with.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Heh, that new barb sword dropped on my pretty fresh season gal, and as I'm still running in mostly yellows the cubed effect does make a big difference with a 2h:er. It turns Cleave into a spender-sized dmg dealer, and a damn good one at that! :3 (Whirlwind crits for 800k-1.2mil, 0rage Cleaves critting 5mil-7.5mil!)
    I'm pretty convinced this thing will be a total non-issue later on, but for now I'm enoying it while I can

Panda4You on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So, do your Seasonal characters become regular characters when the season ends? And when would that be?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

I'll try again later.

What difficulty were you on? He may have to have a certain amount of power; I know I did it on Normal.

This is Torment 1, for the season achievement.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    So, do your Seasonal characters become regular characters when the season ends? And when would that be?
    Yes and yes.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I found that last night and went from 800k armor to 10.3million.

I basically walk into a group of enemies and Frozen Storm aura procs ice meteors from Tal Rasha 2 set bonus, Fire Walkers procs fire meteors, Lightning Hydra procs Lightning meteors and Disintegrate procs arcane meteors.

They all have their own separate cooldowns, so I'm really hoping to find those boots that boost meteor damage.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »

I basically walk into a group of enemies and Frozen Storm aura procs ice meteors from Tal Rasha 2 set bonus, Firewalkers procs fire meteors and Disintegrate procs arcane meteors.

I just made a noise that sounded a bit like it was spelled "hnk".

So you know.

Edit: And this will STILL work wonderfully with my splosion man build, just swap Frost Nova for Ice Armor on the bar. Now I just... Need a ring.

God, this is so much better than Orb spam.

dporowski on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Generally the game favors speed-farming so much that survivability is rarely a priority. You want to be moving as fast as possible and gibbing elite packs in a few seconds, so your survivability is only a real concern if you're dying instantaneously yourself. Of course it's different if you want to run high GRift levels, but even that is much more about epeen than it is about getting gear.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Halo of Arlyse is really gud until it's no longer really gud, hehe

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    Generally the game favors speed-farming so much that survivability is rarely a priority. You want to be moving as fast as possible and gibbing elite packs in a few seconds, so your survivability is only a real concern if you're dying instantaneously yourself. Of course it's different if you want to run high GRift levels, but even that is much more about epeen than it is about getting gear.

Yeah, once I get into a pack, I'm generally fine, at least for now, but things like horde/plagued/arcane can drop a lot of surprise damage under you real fast, and there's always those ranged jerks that run on screen and shoot you suddenly. I can just see it becoming a problem as I go, since my HP will wobble fairly heavily before I get the Dominance shields running as I go between packs.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    By the way if anybody doesn't know about the Death's Breath craftable set, craft that shit right now. The Sage's ____ set gives you +1 to Death's Breath drops which makes it basically the best set in the game now.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I've been playing my DH without really taking a look at guides or builds or anything, just going with whatever drops. Found some legendary quiver and didn't even read the orange text until like 3 hours later (oh, multishot hits twice, that's pretty neat), then just now found a Yang's Recurve. C-c-combo! Also bye-bye my hatred-woes, love the resource cost reduction (48% on my bow, not bad).

If you pair it with the Unhallowed Essence set you'll have a stew going

icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-multishot-fire-build-and-yangs-recurve-patch-2-3

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Mirkel wrote: »

If you pair it with the Unhallowed Essence set you'll have a stew going

icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-multishot-fire-build-and-yangs-recurve-patch-2-3

I recently swapped to this exact setup myself. Jumped from T6 to T10 instantly. Very powerful and effective. Also satisfying to play just obliterating everything with a fully automatic shotgun.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »

I basically walk into a group of enemies and Frozen Storm aura procs ice meteors from Tal Rasha 2 set bonus, Fire Walkers procs fire meteors, Lightning Hydra procs Lightning meteors and Disintegrate procs arcane meteors.

They all have their own separate cooldowns, so I'm really hoping to find those boots that boost meteor damage.

Dude, don't use disintegrate, use Arcanot Familiar. Passively trigger arcane meteors *and* boost your AP regen in a single skill.

...at least until you get the full Tal's set, Familiar will trigger meteors but it won't trigger the damage bonus of the 6pcs bonus. On the other hand, if you manage to land an Aether Walker, you can use the Calamity Rune on Teleport as your arcane spell, and you don't even need to hit anything to get the damage stack.

Also, that Ring is very nice, and I while I'm using Focus + Restraint atm, I do have a socketed Convention of the Elements that would go perfectly with Halo if/when I ever see it drop.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Diablo 3 Q&A happened on Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3j9p38/hey_rdiablo_were_here_for_a_quick_qa_about_patch/
    With all the questions/answers in one convenient place! GASP.

One of my favorites:
    Q: Hey guys! First off all, I would like to say a big thank you to all of you guys at the dev office. The patch is freaking awesome and I love it! My question would be the next: With so many newer and stronger class sets, some of the old class sets (e.g. Firebird's Finery, Jade Harvester) became extremely weak. Are there any plans to rework these sets in the near future? (possible 2.4?) I really like Firebird Wizard, but it is just so underwhelming right now... Thanks for answering, and keep rocking! Edit: Typo

A: Yes, 100%, absolutely. Internally, we have already updated, revamped, or redesigned completely many of the 6pc sets that are currently not seeing use. The ones that are already done include Shadow's Mantle, Might of the Earth, Jade Harvester, Firebird's, Akkhan's, Invoker's, and Marauder's. Sunwuko and Inna's is being worked on. The goal is to bring all of these sets up to the power level of the current top 2.3 sets/builds.
    You all will see these updates in the near future in patch 2.4.
    (bold emphasis mine)
    AYYYY Based John Yang! The god.

My 2nd favorite:
    Q: Certain builds require keeping an eye on your buffs to maximize your damage (for example Tal'Rasha, Taeguk, Convention of Elements). However, when playing in a party, these buffs can disappear once you get more than 8 buffs. Is it possible to allow players to choose which buffs they always want to see, so these buffs are easier to track?

A: The inability to see important buffs that affect your moment-to-moment gameplay is something we want to address.

We have been avoiding simply adding more buffs because having a large number of buffs on the screen is not only visually unappealing, but it can be just as frustrating to locate the buff that you care about in a sea of buffs. I view buffs broadly in 3 categories.

Category 1: "Always On" buffs. Really obvious ones are the Multiplayer buff, or when there is a Community event in place. These buffs are great to know, but they take up one of your precious buff slots. Monk Mantras are a slightly less "always" version of this. If I'm in a party with a monk wearing Inna's, suddenly all players in the party have half of their buff slots tied up.
    Category 2: "Reassuring buffs". These are buffs that you want to know they are on you, but they don't affect your moment to moment gameplay. A good example of this would be Storm armor on the Wizard, or Frenzy stacks on a Barbarian. Many times you want to know the skill is working correctly, but you aren't checking on the buff in the heat of combat
    Category 3: "Moment-to-moment buffs". These are the buffs that actually affect you moment-to-moment and are usually the source of complaints. Focus and Restraint are a great example here.

Overall our goal is to find alternate ways to communicate Category 1 and Category 2 buffs so that Category 3 buffs can take center stage on the buff bar.
    We don't have anything to share at this time, but I assure you that with the introduction of all the extra powers players have from Kanai's Cube, combined with new legendary items that make you powerful but require some degree of buff tracking (vyr's / chantodo's comes to mind) the desire to address this is greater than ever.

Edit: My 3rd favorite :rotate: :
    Q: Hi Diablo 3 team. Are you planning on answering any questions today or are we being trolled?

A: Yes

Edit Again: Shadow's Mantle details!!!!!
    The Shadow's Mantle set is the redesign that I'm the most excited about for 2.4 so far. The idea of a melee-weapon oriented build that doesn't involve bows/xbows has always been in the back of my mind. Here's what it currently looks like:

2pc While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 1000%.
    4pc Shadow Power gains all runes and lasts forever.
    6pc Impale deals 30000% weapon damage to the first enemy it hits.

The idea is that the set is extremely strong on single-target damage, but weak on AoE. To help with that, a new dagger will have the power "Every second, the damage of your next Fan of Knives is increased by 250-300%." To help with movement, a pair of bracers has the power "After using Impale, Vault costs no resource for 2 seconds." That item will allow you to Vault into position to Impale the high-value targets.
    Additionally, we're also allowing Demon Hunters to use melee weapons with quivers because the fantasy of this quick-moving assassin build is about speed, not walking around with a shield ;)
    Keep in mind, not final, could change, but that sounds pretty cool!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Melee DH being viable?

Fucking sold.

butts
This discussion has been closed.