Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I have ancient manacles and jekang, but not Foote, and I haven't found tasty benefits for other slots.

Condemn wasn't working well for me, doesn't have the damage or beef for TX. It can clear, but not well. My gear was decent, but the rings needed help. I think I could better do shield throw with my current gear.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    ...doesn't have the damage or beef for TX. It can clear, but not well. My gear was decent, but the rings needed help. I think I could better do shield throw with my current gear.

In hindsight, I should have used this build when I was powerleveling my friend's Crusader to 70 last night. Everything was T6 so it would have been cake. Looks like I'll have to convince some other friends of mine to get into the game.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    So on my hc barb, I rolled an ancient Furnace with str, vit, life on hit, and 48% damage. I am afraid to equip it. What originally was a lark to see how long I could last in hc, has now become sheer terror.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Made some progress on Years of War today. Cleared a GR55 with ease, with both Seeker's and Akkhan's. Used Blessed Shield build for Akkhan's, since I had the gear for it. Seeker's was actually kinda fun, very fast frantic gameplay. But also super squishy compared to Invoker's.

So, just need to do Roland's, and then level another Seasonal character and get two sets on them. Burned through a lot of mats doing rerolls, though. How do I have more Dust than I do Crystals?!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Ok, GR55 cleared with Hammers. Was decently fun, but onto the next set. still need to do GR55 and Set Dungeon for Akhan's and Roland's.

Hammers was more potent than I expected though, and since you're pretty much always moving the bonus from the Endless Walk set helps a lot with DR.

I think my Rolands gear is good enough for GR55, but I don't have a good option for the bracer. I can cube the Ancient Parthan's, but Kadala is being fucking tight with bracers... unless I want Gabriel's or Akhan's Manacles... which I don't.

Anyways, I reckon I'll salvage any non-ancient pieces of Seeker's and work on Roland's next.

• Options
    Nemesis!

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    In further honor of "Kanai", you can now head over to the Immortal Throne in Sescheron and he will open a red portal to "Kanai's Stomping Grounds" - which is pretty much cow level without the chests and queen.

But he goes with you and fights with you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzH2C3Tk4Fw
    ps - some people said you need Staff of Herding, but apparently you don't.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Is LoN Blessed Shield a good build for speed GR in a group?

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Is LoN Blessed Shield a good build for speed GR in a group?

What level of GR? What sort of group?

Pushing GR100? No.

Pushing GR90+? Maybe? Depends on group layout.

GR80+? Probably if there is at least one support to help you survive.

GR70+? Should be fine if your personal toughness is good enough to survive.

GR60+? Easy peasy.

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I have a question. My wife is playing a DH and wants to go for that armor set that has you using all the companions and sentries. I'm playing a Crusader and trying to go for the Invoker thorns build. Is my build going to suck when partied with somebody who's going to be taking the attention of some of the enemies like that? Should I go for something else, or will it be alright?

• Options
    @HexDex gr70ish

@Joshmvii full invoker build will do plenty of damage, you'll be fine, but they're single target unless you're getting hit.

Question, if I put an Occulus ring on my follower, will it proc the effect on my kills if they assisted?

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Followers will proc Oculus zones but it's really rare. I usually see anywhere from 0-2 in a single greater rift.

butts
  • Options
    Making the sweeping generalization that DH is ranged, even with pets; you'll likely want something a bit more mobile like the Cpt America build, or possibly LoN Bombardment if you can pull the pieces together. Something more AOE/Ranged based will synchronize better, I think.

I ran with a TMHer last weekend who had a DH build that pretty much filled the screen with giant orange stars; which basically turned my Thornsader into a loot sponge while I followed him through the rifts. Monsters barely showed up on the screen before they just disintegrated.

• Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Nope, shouldn't be a problem with DH pets. As long as you're using Chef Boyardee's (Boyarsky's Chip) at level 25 (Taunt the first enemy hit by your Primary skills for 2 seconds. [Requires Rank 25])
    You'll be taunting with every hit.

If anything you'll be a superb tank for a DH by aggroing. DH are notoriously squishy.
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I have a question. My wife is playing a DH and wants to go for that armor set that has you using all the companions and sentries. I'm playing a Crusader and trying to go for the Invoker thorns build. Is my build going to suck when partied with somebody who's going to be taking the attention of some of the enemies like that? Should I go for something else, or will it be alright?

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    How do you get into that Kanai rift? Just go to his body? That's pretty sweet, must have been added recently?

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    @HexDex gr70ish

@Joshmvii full invoker build will do plenty of damage, you'll be fine, but they're single target unless you're getting hit.

Question, if I put an Occulus ring on my follower, will it proc the effect on my kills if they assisted?

Here is how I see GR70ish. Can you solo it? If so, you can probably group it no problem. If your group is at all synergistic, it should not be a problem. Example: a Monk / Barb / Sader trio, even if specced for pure dps, should provide buffs the others dont have. Attack speed law from the sader, monk mantras, and barb war cry, as the most simple example. The extra survivability and damage should carry you into the mid 70's easy.

I have solo'd GR70 throwing shields. I am pretty sure I could go higher if I cared to, and I know I could go higher in a group.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Is there a way to do the thing where you can remove a gem from the damage comparison equation on PS4? I know how to do it on PC.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    How do you do it on PC?

• Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    How do you do it on PC?

Hold shift.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    well, got GR55 done with Roland's, but that set dungeon is tuned pretty tight... I'll make some more attempts tomorrow I reckon.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So does anyone own this for xbox one? Im trying to stream it to my windows 10 pc but it keeps saying "another player is using this profile" after about 5 minutes of gameplay

• Options
    FINALLY got the second half of LoN last night. Proceeded to run GR45s for gem leveling, and managed to snag the two gems I was missing.

I may give LoN Bombardment a run this weekend, since I'm mostly just curious how it handles. Could be a fun build with my friend's Mage for GR farming.

Akarat's Awakening lottery continues to disappoint.

Question: does Green Wings have to happen during the season, or can I take my time with that?

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    FINALLY got the second half of LoN last night. Proceeded to run GR45s for gem leveling, and managed to snag the two gems I was missing.

I may give LoN Bombardment a run this weekend, since I'm mostly just curious how it handles. Could be a fun build with my friend's Mage for GR farming.

Akarat's Awakening lottery continues to disappoint.

Question: does Green Wings have to happen during the season, or can I take my time with that?

From what I've read, they're independent of the seasons, but take that with a grain of salt as I haven't actually finished them myself.

• Options
    You can definitely take your time

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    We have a lot of time left in the season anyway right? Like several months?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    We have a lot of time left in the season anyway right? Like several months?

yeah I'd guess at least two months left

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Making the sweeping generalization that DH is ranged, even with pets; you'll likely want something a bit more mobile like the Cpt America build, or possibly LoN Bombardment if you can pull the pieces together. Something more AOE/Ranged based will synchronize better, I think.

I ran with a TMHer last weekend who had a DH build that pretty much filled the screen with giant orange stars; which basically turned my Thornsader into a loot sponge while I followed him through the rifts. Monsters barely showed up on the screen before they just disintegrated.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

CHAKRAM GUD

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742694680

Some of the plans for patch 2.4.1 on PTR

New meta boys...

Feldorn on
  • Options
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20742694680

Some of the plans for patch 2.4.1 on PTR

New meta boys...

I see nothing concerning DH nerfs so far... and i'm actually cool with that since if you bring some of the other classes back down a little, we're equal.

Now Monks... oh god those poor pitiful little monks, they're getting exactly what they deserve after having ruled the roost for so damned long... so they get no changes hopefully (yes i'm that spiteful).

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Reducing Mob Rule to 25% in party and lowering monster damage to compensate is a pretty good compromise

and VERY glad to see taeguk become the channeling gem it always should have been, looking forward to the other gem changes

edit - good clarification on reddit...
    Great question. The maximum of ten stacks is static, so this will not change as you level up the gem. Instead, the damage increase will scale along with your gem. As of the last time I saw it, the damage increase on a Rank 1 gem was 2% per stack, and it went up to 6% per stack at Rank 100. Of course, this may change before PTR begin or throughout the course of PTR and we'll be keeping an eye on feedback and usage.

Noggin on
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So if this is the next patch, it's dropping after this season, and it's not 2.5, does that mean that 2.5 is an expansion, or at least a big change like the cube in 2.3? Hmm....

HeraldS on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    HeraldS wrote: »
    So if this is the next patch, it's dropping after this season, and it's not 2.5, does that mean that 2.5 is an expansion, or at least a big change like the cube in 2.3? Hmm....

2.4.1 is a minor patch. They don't want to drop it in the middle of the season because it has serious repercussions.

2.5 will be a major patch, just like 2.4 was, just like 2.3 was. Expect the same sort of scope/scale as those.

If they were going to launch an expansion, they'd announce it waaaay ahead of time, for starters. And the expac would be 3.0, rather than continuing with 2.x

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    HooverFan wrote: »
    Now Monks... oh god those poor pitiful little monks, they're getting exactly what they deserve after having ruled the roost for so damned long... so they get no changes hopefully (yes i'm that spiteful).
    Uh. Unless I missed it, that link mentions nothing about monks.

And monks haven't even been on top of the leaderboards like...ever. Their zdps class even received nerfs when barbs were more of a problem, which they're finally paying some attention to now. I think Mob Rule may still be really good because it gives the entire party CC immunity without having to permanently have their major transform ability up.

Diablofans has datamined changes up but as always they probably aren't completely accurate and you can't really...tell what everything is. Uliana's is gaining a buff to EP damage it looks like on the six piece. Gogok of Swiftness may lose CDR but gain dodge chance as the bonus effect, Boar Ally now affects the entire party (+life regen, +20% resist all) too. Bane of the Powerful is gaining reduced elite damage as well. Raiment may be seeing a few changes. Meticulous Bolts is going to affect every rune of Elemental Arrow now rather than just one -
    string1 : Elemental Arrow gains an effect based on the rune: *Ball Lightning now travels at 30% speed. *Frost Arrow damage and Chilled duration increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}. *Immolation Arrow ground damage over time increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}. *Lightning Bolts damage and Stun duration increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}. *Nether Tentacles damage and healing amount increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}.

Just a few of the changes I noticed while briefly going through their list. Lot of cosmetics added, pets and wings - might be pay shop stuff (surprised it took this long).

Looks like changes to set dungeons too.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    Grain of salt, etc, but here's the datamined stuff reorganized a bit.

Gems: (affected gems assumed based on current powers)
    Mirinae - 15% chance on hit to smite a nearby enemy for [VALUE]% weapon damage as Holy and heal yourself for 3% of your maximum Life (added).

Gogok - Gain Swiftness with every attack, (reworked from chance of gaining swiftness) increasing your Attack Speed by 1% and Dodge by [VALUE]% (added) for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 15 times.

Taeguk - Gain [VALUE]% increased damage for 1.5 seconds (down from 3 seconds) when you spend resource on a channeled skill (reworked from just spending resource). This effect stacks up to 10 times (reworked).

Simplicity - Primary skills heal you for [VALUE]% of maximum Life on hit.

Toxin - All enemies you poison take [VALUE]% increased damage from all sources and deal [VALUE]% less damage.

Powerful - Gain [{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage versus elites and take [{VALUE1}*100]% reduced damage from elites.

Crusader:
    Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants [VALUE]% increased Attack Speed and 10% damage reduction for 8 (up from 5) seconds.This effect stacks up to 5 times.

Increase the attack speed and damage (added) of Blessed Hammer by [{VALUE1}*100]%.

Your Shield Glare deals damage equal to up to your last {VALUE1} Shield Bash casts.

Barb:
    During Whirlwind you gain [VALUE]% damage reduction and your applied Rends deal triple damage (added).
    Increase the damage of Whirlwind by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%

Wiz:
    Enemies affected by your Slow Time take [VALUE]% increased damage from your Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Explosive Blast, Magic Missile, Shock Pulse, Spectral Blade, and Wave of Force abilities.
    You take [{VALUE1}*100]% reduced damage while you have a Slow Time active. Allies inside your Slow Time. Allies gain half benefit.

Archon stacks also increase your Attack Speed, Armor, and Resistances by [VALUE]%.

Your damage is increased by [{VALUE1}*100]% for each enemy that is Ignited. Elites that are Ignited increase your damage by 5000% (up from 2400%). You can only have one Elite damage bonus active at a time.

Energy Twister damage is increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} for each Energy Twister you have out up to a maximum of 5.

You take {c_blue}[{VALUE1}*100]% less damage for 3 seconds after your Storm Armor electrocutes an enemy more than 30 yards away.

Increase the damage of Meteor by 200%. When your Meteor hits 3 or fewer enemies, the damage is increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}.

Monk:
    Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to [{VALUE1}*100]% for 6 seconds and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 300% for 6 seconds.
    Dashing Strike increases the damage of Dashing Strike by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} for 1 second, stacking up to 5 times.
    Dashing Strike reduces your damage taken by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} for 6 seconds.

Your Seven-Sided Strike deals double (up from 100% of its damage) its total damage with each hit.
    Increase the damage of your Exploding Palm by [VALUE]% and your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm.
    Increase the damage of Seven-Sided Strike by 100% and reduce the cooldown of Seven-Sided Strike by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}.

Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} moreincreased damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds.
    (might be the end of 2 pc raiment synergy???)

Doc:
    Soul Harvest consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing 300 (up from 150) seconds worth of remaining damage.
    Sacrifice deals {c_blue}[{VALUE1}*100]% additional damage against enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Grasp of the Dead.
    Firebats deals {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage to enemies affected by Locust Swarm or Piranhas.

DH:
    Rapid Fire deals {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic} increased damage for every half second that you channel. Stacks up to 4 times.
    Elemental Arrow gains an effect based on the rune: *Ball Lightning now travels at 30% speed. *Frost Arrow damage and Chilled duration increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}. *Immolation Arrow ground damage over time increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}. *Lightning Bolts damage and Stun duration increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}. *Nether Tentacles damage and healing amount increased by {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]%{/c_magic}.

Magefist? - Fire skills deal {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage.
    Frostburn? - Cold skills deal {c_magic}[{VALUE1}*100]% increased damage and have a 50% chance to Freeze enemies.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Details on http://www.diablofans.com/ , being formatted now. Some of the set buffs I'm reading on here are just becoming absurd. I'm getting pretty bored with the "your skills now deal a million billion damage" set bonus meta. It makes me wonder what might have been if they had put their foot down on power levels after 2.0 and nerfed the outliers instead of buffing everything else. I really want collections of individual legendaries to be more viable instead of everything being about sets, but LoN is impossible to gear for.

• Options
    ok, finally got that Roland's dungeon done.

working on my Akkhan's set now. Not sure it's quite up to GR55, but I'll find out tomorrow most likely, along with the set dungeon.

• Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Roland's Legacy
    • 4 pieces: Increase the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack by 750% (up from 600%).
    • 6 pieces: Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 50% increased Attack Speed and 10% damage reduction for 8 seconds (up from 5).

Very disappointed in you Blizzard. 150% more Sweep Attack and Shield Bash won't fix this terrible set.

Also just going to quote the potential nerf changes so they can be mourned in this thread.

We’ve been hard at work on our next patch, which is going to bump us up to version 2.4.1. We’ll have our official PTR patch notes available soon, but we’d like to call out a few specific changes and talk about the philosophy that went into making them.

First, we’ve been looking at the prevalence of Barbarians in group play beyond Greater Rift 80 and how they’re being used. While many classes bring party-based buffs, the damage reduction of Ignore Pain – Mob Rule combined with Pride of Cassius is currently a clear outlier. As a result, we’re reducing the party benefit of Ignore Pain – Mob Rule from 50% to 25%. To ensure this doesn’t harm the overall viability of group play, we’re also reducing the damage of monsters at high Greater Rifts. This allows not only groups with Barbarians to remain near the same levels in terms of incoming damage, but it affords alternative group compositions greater survivability.

Next up, Wyatt had recently posted a bit about Taeguk. We are making some significant changes to Taeguk, as well as some other Legendary Gems.

First up, for Taeguk:
    • Taeguk will now only work for channeled powers
    • Taeguk will now stack more quickly, but also drop off more quickly. The maximum is now ten stacks, and you’ll now lose the stack after 1.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds
    • The Armor % component of Taeguk has been changed to 2% per stack

The idea here is that Taeguk will complement those moments when you’re channeling and need an extra boost. You probably won’t have Taeguk up all the time, but it won’t hurt as much when your stacks fall off as you’ll build them up much more quickly. And while the Armor % reduction will affect survivability, the reduced monster damage at higher Greater Rifts will help to balance this out. We’ll have much more to share soon on changes to other gems, which will help to make as many gems as possible work as reasonable substitutes for Taeguk.

Finally, we are changing both Twisted Sword and Solanium. What we’ve seen from group compositions is a playstyle based around Wizards spamming Energy Twister, while the group spams Health Globe generation. We’ve received a ton of feedback on these, and we agree completely that manipulation of the generation of health globes is not good for the game. Here’s what we’re changing:
    • Solanium is getting an internal cooldown (ICD) of 8 seconds
    • Twisted Sword is getting a cap at 5 Energy Twisters

This means a couple of things for users of these items. For Solanium users, you’ll still be able to generate additional health globes, but this removes any possibility of the current health globe spamming mechanics moving forward. For Twisted Sword users, Wizards who use the skill in the course of their normal playstyle shouldn’t see much of a change. However, the exponential scaling made possible by Energy Twister spamming won’t be possible anymore.

In short, you should be able to play support builds, and your Wizard should feel powerful. What we found with both of the above cases, though, is a negative effect on group dynamics and class playstyle. We’ll be taking all of your feedback during PTR to ensure we’ve hit our goals here. And, of course, thanks for all of your feedback on Patch 2.4.0.

But the most important patch balancing are these PETS and WINGS!!!

plx403i1rvcu.jpg

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    I am unreasonably happy about the new pets.

It is seriously my favorite part of the patch.

• Options
    But Sky! You assured me Roland's was #1 both solo and group! :razz:

Clearly you enjoy that set, and were happy with it's power at that time... but the patch went live and Bombardment and Twister shut it out.

The set itself did not change, and yet it's "terrible". That's the problem with huge power outliers.

These changes are a good start towards making dps more interchangeable and groups more inclusive, while still keeping support viable for those that truly enjoy it. I don't see what's wrong with that.

• Options
    M6 getting a damage buff along with boar companion adding FULL PARTY life regen and added resists is hilarious

This discussion has been closed.