Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

1919294969799

Posts

  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    I am unreasonably happy about the new pets.

    It is seriously my favorite part of the patch.

    saw on reddit, seems some of these may be tied to a new gobbo
    New treasure goblin?

    TreasureGoblin_K TreasureGoblin_K

    string1 : Menagerist Goblin

    TreasureGoblin_K TreasureGoblin_K

    string1 : Napper of Pets

    menagerist

    n. One who forms, owns, or exhibits a menagerie, or collection of wild animals

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Zek wrote: »
    Details on http://www.diablofans.com/ , being formatted now. Some of the set buffs I'm reading on here are just becoming absurd. I'm getting pretty bored with the "your skills now deal a million billion damage" set bonus meta. It makes me wonder what might have been if they had put their foot down on power levels after 2.0 and nerfed the outliers instead of buffing everything else. I really want collections of individual legendaries to be more viable instead of everything being about sets, but LoN is impossible to gear for.

    From the looks of it, they are buffing literally everything, which honestly makes sense.

    Thier logic is obviously "Nothing can do GR 95+ In a 4 man unless you're globe slaving a Wizard using a broken mechanic. Which means everyone is not doing enough damage even with near perfect gear"

    It wouldn't be near as much of a problem or even addressed if there were some diversity at the top of the 4-man boards. But there isn't, because any other makeup literally can't do it. At all. Even in perfect equipment and gems.

    Which is a problem they are addressing by nerfing this meta and buffing everyone else.

    Transporter on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I want that treasure-chest-with-feet as a replacement for my Murky in the worst Goddamn way.

    (it's also bordering on worrisome, the number of times I keep clicking on the NOMNOM chest when I kill the Vault boss)

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I just... I can't give a fuck about any of the WD set changes.
    And the skill change remains embarrassing.

  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    BTW guys... remember this is PTR which means they always do major buffs before nerfing them back in line, it never fails

    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    I'm glad they are capping the Twisted Sword stacks, I can't understand why they didn't do that in the first place. 5 stacks seems low though, I think 7-8 would be more appropriate considering how random twister damage can be. It will still be strong but probably more in line with the Arcane Orbit build.

    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Some more set changes that weren't in that first batch:

    Monk:
    Shenlong's Spirit

    •2 pieces: When reaching maximum Spirit, all damage is increased by 150% (up from 100%), but you no longer passively regenerate Spirit and 65 Spirit is drained every second until you run out of Spirit

    Monkey King's Garb

    •4 pieces: Every second Sweeping Wind spawns a decoy next to the last enemy you hit that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% (up from 500%) weapon damage for each stack of Sweeping Wind you have. •6 pieces: Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light consume a stack of Sweeping Wind to deal 3000% (up from 1500%) increased damage.

    DH:
    Natalya's Vengeance

    •6 pieces: After casting Rain of Vengeance, deal 500% (up from 400%) increased damage and take 60% (up from 50%) reduced damage for 10 (up from 6) seconds.

    The Shadow's Mantle

    •2 pieces: While equipped with a melee weapon, your damage (reworded from "all damage") is increased by 1200% (up from 600%).

    Barb:
    Immortal King's Call

    •6 pieces: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients is active, you deal 400% (up from 250%) increased damage.

    Might of the Earth

    •4 pieces: Leap causes an Earthquake when you land. Additionally, Leap gains the effect of the Iron Impact rune and the rune's effect and duration are increased by 150% (up from doubling the duration).

    •6 pieces: Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 1200% (up from 800%).

    Legacy of Raekor

    •2 pieces: Every use of Furious Charge increases the damage of your next Fury-spending attack by 750% (up from 300%).

    Crusader: (2nd is probably a typo for 4 pc)
    Thorns of the Invoker

    •2 pieces: Your Thorns damage now hits all enemies in a 15 yard radius around you. Each time you hit an enemy with Punish, Slash, or block an attack your Thorns is increased by 35% (up from 25%) for 2 seconds.

    •6 pieces: You take 50% less damage for 20 seconds after damaging an enemy with Bombardment. (reworked from "casting Bombardment")

    •6 pieces: The attack speed of Punish and Slash are increased by 50% and deal 800% (up from 600%) of your Thorns damage to the first enemy hit.

    Wiz:
    Tal Rasha's Elements

    •4 pieces: Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each increase all of your resistances by 25% for 8 seconds. (reworded)

    •6 pieces: Attacks increase your damage by 750% (up from 500%) for 8 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. At 4 stacks, each different elemental attack extends the duration by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 8 seconds.

    Vyr's Amazing Arcana

    •4 pieces: Archon stacks also increase your Attack Speed, Armor, and Resistances by +1.5% (up from 1%).

    Doc:
    Zunimassa's Haunt

    •4 pieces: You and your pets take 3% (up from 2%) less damage for every Fetish you have alive.

    •6 pieces: Enemies hit by your Mana spenders take 1500% (up from 800%) increased damage from your pets for 8 (up from 4) seconds.

    Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Noggin wrote: »
    But Sky! You assured me Roland's was #1 both solo and group! :razz:

    Clearly you enjoy that set, and were happy with it's power at that time... but the patch went live and Bombardment and Twister shut it out.

    The set itself did not change, and yet it's "terrible". That's the problem with huge power outliers.

    These changes are a good start towards making dps more interchangeable and groups more inclusive, while still keeping support viable for those that truly enjoy it. I don't see what's wrong with that.

    For sure Sweep Attack was going to be the new hot tier when I saw it on PTR climbing that solo ladder. Even with the powers of Akarat, I cannot even foresee the almighty POWER CREEP.

    The set still terrible though, especially the Shield Bash variant. I am glad they gave it more defensive abilities at 6 piece in 2.4. I was unhappy with the, 'let's just add 200% more sweep attack to Golden Flense' and call it a day in 2.4. This 150% more Bash and Sweep is the same fix which ISN'T A FIX!

    Hello! IK 6 piece has infinite resource and Shield Bash is wrath starved.

    SkyAndPie on
    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Ah, ya, they should fix up shield bash then.

    Maybe that's what they're going for here, whatever this is on paired with zealous glare??
    Your Shield Glare deals damage equal to up to your last {VALUE1} Shield Bash casts.

    but you'd still be starved on fewer targets =\

    Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    They buffed the six piece Monkey King bonus so many times last ptr cycle and they're already buffing it again. It's kind of sad.

    butts
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya, that's one of the sets that could really benefit from new mechanics, not just bigger numbers.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Jesus, they're buffing Tal Rasha again? From 2000% up to 3000% now. Welp, I guess I'll be playing this super fun Wand of Woh build again next season, thanks Blizz!

    Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    I just wish the hybrid 2-shadow/M4 set worked like it originally did last PTR before they took the synergy with sentries away... chakram damage ALLLLLLL DAY

    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    M6 getting a damage buff along with boar companion adding FULL PARTY life regen and added resists is hilarious

    And awesome!

    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Ya, that's one of the sets that could really benefit from new mechanics, not just bigger numbers.

    It took a few tries to get Inna's right. They'll eventually get Monkey King too.

    butts
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Details on http://www.diablofans.com/ , being formatted now. Some of the set buffs I'm reading on here are just becoming absurd. I'm getting pretty bored with the "your skills now deal a million billion damage" set bonus meta. It makes me wonder what might have been if they had put their foot down on power levels after 2.0 and nerfed the outliers instead of buffing everything else. I really want collections of individual legendaries to be more viable instead of everything being about sets, but LoN is impossible to gear for.

    From the looks of it, they are buffing literally everything, which honestly makes sense.

    Thier logic is obviously "Nothing can do GR 95+ In a 4 man unless you're globe slaving a Wizard using a broken mechanic. Which means everyone is not doing enough damage even with near perfect gear"

    It wouldn't be near as much of a problem or even addressed if there were some diversity at the top of the 4-man boards. But there isn't, because any other makeup literally can't do it. At all. Even in perfect equipment and gems.

    Which is a problem they are addressing by nerfing this meta and buffing everyone else.

    That's the idea I can't get behind anymore, I think they just need to nerf the overpowered builds and let the highest possible GR be lower than it was before. Or rather they should have been doing that from the beginning. The alternative is this endless series of buffs, with sets that literally quintuple your damage the instant you get the 6 piece bonus. Remember when Torment 6 was the endgame?

    It's too late now to reverse the power creep, but I hope they have an expansion in the works with a bigger loot redesign.

  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Zek wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Details on http://www.diablofans.com/ , being formatted now. Some of the set buffs I'm reading on here are just becoming absurd. I'm getting pretty bored with the "your skills now deal a million billion damage" set bonus meta. It makes me wonder what might have been if they had put their foot down on power levels after 2.0 and nerfed the outliers instead of buffing everything else. I really want collections of individual legendaries to be more viable instead of everything being about sets, but LoN is impossible to gear for.

    From the looks of it, they are buffing literally everything, which honestly makes sense.

    Thier logic is obviously "Nothing can do GR 95+ In a 4 man unless you're globe slaving a Wizard using a broken mechanic. Which means everyone is not doing enough damage even with near perfect gear"

    It wouldn't be near as much of a problem or even addressed if there were some diversity at the top of the 4-man boards. But there isn't, because any other makeup literally can't do it. At all. Even in perfect equipment and gems.

    Which is a problem they are addressing by nerfing this meta and buffing everyone else.

    That's the idea I can't get behind anymore, I think they just need to nerf the overpowered builds and let the highest possible GR be lower than it was before. Or rather they should have been doing that from the beginning. The alternative is this endless series of buffs, with sets that literally quintuple your damage the instant you get the 6 piece bonus. Remember when Torment 6 was the endgame?

    It's too late now to reverse the power creep, but I hope they have an expansion in the works with a bigger loot redesign.

    Yeah this whole power creep situation is getting out of hand. It's entirely on purpose, too. They want to artificially raise the GR cap by introducing more power creep each patch.

    I think the worst part of all this is the leap frog situation they've set up for themselves. I called this back when they started adding new sets and updating old ones. The idea that, they buff Sets A and B during this patch, but Sets C and D get left in the dust. Okay, so they buff Sets C and D next patch! But now Sets A and B are left in the dust. Rinse repeat ad nauseum because they will never be able to achieve the sort of parity they want between class sets. There will always be a disparity. Always.

    But even then, sometimes it's because they literally don't make any changes to a set. Like in 2.4 for Monks, they reworked/buffed Sunwuko's and Inna's, barely touched Uliana's (indirect buff via Az'Turrasq), and literally didn't touch Raiment. So was it really a surprise then, that Raiment and Uliana's weren't at all competitive? They didn't touch them.

    Or worse still, when they rework a set and then last minute nerf it into the ground, and say "yeah no it'll be fine you guys". Firebird's, anyone? Immortal King's before that?

    They're never gonna achieve full build diversity like they want. Not if they keep on with the way they've been doing things.

    Edit: Guarantee you that Delsere's is not going to be competitive in 2.4.1. With the nerf to Twisted Sword and receiving no other sort of buffs, I can't see it competing with buffed Vyr's/Tal'Rasha's/Firebird's. Bluh.

    Also Delsere's buffs Wave of Force but there's literally no Legendaries that affect Wave of Force, weapons or otherwise. Where's my Wave of Force build!

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    But see, I don't think full build diversity is really what Blizzard wants.

    The players want that, but we're our own worst enemy.

    It's unrealistic to expect 24 sets + LoN builds to all remain within a few grifts of each other patch after patch, while ALSO expecting new & updated builds.

    And as soon as build A can clear 80 and build B can clear 83, build A is trashfire garbage and everyone actively discourages it.

    GR 80 is a pretty good spot for a lot of solo builds. If I remember correctly, Archon was clearing that last season, so there's no reason it couldn't do so again. But because other builds can go further, "Archon fucking sucks" etc.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    As somebody who is new to D3 end game and isn't that invested in it beyond just casual playing anyway, "X build sucks all the dicks now, etc." just reminds me of the old WoW days where if one spec was 5% theoretical DPS behind another it was just treated like it was completely worthless and you shouldn't play it, because after all, you can't possibly play the build you want for fun rather than for pure optimization. Because otherwise, we can't clear the content, never mind our guild is just doing normal ass raids and not going for hard mode world firsts, etc.

    I say this as somebody who can fall prey to the optimization above all mindset in games at times, so I'm not trying to be overly critical. It's just natural for people to treat things that way in these kinds of games.

  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    As somebody who is new to D3 end game and isn't that invested in it beyond just casual playing anyway, "X build sucks all the dicks now, etc." just reminds me of the old WoW days where if one spec was 5% theoretical DPS behind another it was just treated like it was completely worthless and you shouldn't play it, because after all, you can't possibly play the build you want for fun rather than for pure optimization. Because otherwise, we can't clear the content, never mind our guild is just doing normal ass raids and not going for hard mode world firsts, etc.

    I say this as somebody who can fall prey to the optimization above all mindset in games at times, so I'm not trying to be overly critical. It's just natural for people to treat things that way in these kinds of games.

    I wish I could awesome and agree with this post at the same time since I feel it is both and exactly what I believe happens in games these days.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Remember when Torment 6 was the endgame?

    I remember when Inferno was the endgame, and Arcane Enchanted one-shotted everybody.

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Remember when Torment 6 was the endgame?

    I remember when Inferno was the endgame, and Arcane Enchanted one-shotted everybody.

    gotta kill them fast or the enrage timer would kick in

    and then you'd just lose 10% max health a second for being on the same screen as whatever monster you were fighting

  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Ender wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Remember when Torment 6 was the endgame?

    I remember when Inferno was the endgame, and Arcane Enchanted one-shotted everybody.

    gotta kill them fast or the enrage timer would kick in

    and then you'd just lose 10% max health a second for being on the same screen as whatever monster you were fighting

    Haha, oh shit I totally forgot about that. The health loss was unnecessary, they should have just killed you. Nobody could survive that.

  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    As somebody who is new to D3 end game and isn't that invested in it beyond just casual playing anyway, "X build sucks all the dicks now, etc." just reminds me of the old WoW days where if one spec was 5% theoretical DPS behind another it was just treated like it was completely worthless and you shouldn't play it, because after all, you can't possibly play the build you want for fun rather than for pure optimization. Because otherwise, we can't clear the content, never mind our guild is just doing normal ass raids and not going for hard mode world firsts, etc.

    I say this as somebody who can fall prey to the optimization above all mindset in games at times, so I'm not trying to be overly critical. It's just natural for people to treat things that way in these kinds of games.

    I wish I could awesome and agree with this post at the same time since I feel it is both and exactly what I believe happens in games these days.

    It's only natural, because if the end game is to clear higher and higher GR levels, and one build can handle X level while the other can only handle X-5 or whatever, then you're going to be like well that other one isn't good enough, etc. Because your goal is to clear the highest level, at least if you're a competitive optimizer type player.

    Unfortunately, balance between all specs/choices never happens in games, it's just not really possible.

  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Ender wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Remember when Torment 6 was the endgame?

    I remember when Inferno was the endgame, and Arcane Enchanted one-shotted everybody.

    gotta kill them fast or the enrage timer would kick in

    and then you'd just lose 10% max health a second for being on the same screen as whatever monster you were fighting

    What're you gonna do, release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the bees with bees in their bodies so whenever they do anything they shoot bees that shoot bees at you?

    Well whatever it is, that was the worst.

    butts
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Gosh, as a Reaper of Souls starter, I'm so glad I didn't have to go through vanilla D3. This sounded like true hell.

    Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    But see, I don't think full build diversity is really what Blizzard wants.

    The players want that, but we're our own worst enemy.

    It's unrealistic to expect 24 sets + LoN builds to all remain within a few grifts of each other patch after patch, while ALSO expecting new & updated builds.

    And as soon as build A can clear 80 and build B can clear 83, build A is trashfire garbage and everyone actively discourages it.

    GR 80 is a pretty good spot for a lot of solo builds. If I remember correctly, Archon was clearing that last season, so there's no reason it couldn't do so again. But because other builds can go further, "Archon fucking sucks" etc.

    I mean, yeah, I'm perfectly okay with having like, a baseline that all builds can do. If every build could do GR80, that'd be great! Maybe Build A can push 85-90, but as long as Builds B, C, and D can all do 80 that'd be fine in my book. Who cares if Build A is "better" at that point, right?

    Unfortunately that's... not really the case. Just, the way the game is and the way the math is, you have certain builds/sets that honestly can't even reach the baseline that other builds/sets can.

    Like, again, using Monks as an example. Inna's is the new hotness, right? Everyone's running it, it's the shit. But what if you really like Dashing Strike/Raiment? Then good luck doing, well, anything. Not only was Raiment not touched, but the 2p was actually nerfed (as an indirect nerf to Shenlong's! Not even Raiment, an entirely separate Weapon Set!) in 2.4.

    Maybe it is unrealistic, maybe it is a pipe dream, but I don't like being pigeon-holed into certain builds each patch cycle.

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Ok, all Crusader set dungeons and GR55s done...now on to something else

  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    I am unreasonably happy about the new pets.

    It is seriously my favorite part of the patch.

    Look, they oughta just merge the pet battles in WoW to be an in-game mini-game in all blizzard games.

    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »
    Gosh, as a Reaper of Souls starter, I'm so glad I didn't have to go through vanilla D3. This sounded like true hell.

    You basically either got amazingly lucky and got drops or you had to play the AH. I think I found one legendary myself prior to RoS and it was unusable garbage.

    RoS is so much better, power creep aside.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    diablo 3 before RoS was at the point where I decided I was never going to play it again.

    It was more about the AH than the actual game. And the actual game was just doing A3 runs, because nephalem rifts hadn't even been thought up yet.

  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Jesus christ more Tal Rasha damage.

    I mean I play Birdrasha so whatever, that's fine, but how fucked is the scaling when one class needs a generalized 3000% damage buff. I thought it was a bad sign at 2000% but fuuuuck.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    It makes sense within this current D3 meta of constant power creep.

    For pushing grifts, it was DMO or nothing. Tal's just couldn't go as high as DMO.

  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Also while we are talking about power creep, they need to hurry the fuck up and implement torment scaling in the same vein as Grift scaling.

    Either that or every patch needs to add 5 more torment levels.

    It makes zero sense to go from T6 to T10, and then leave it at that while you increase power at a logarithmic rate

  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Well, what would higher torments give you? MORE legendary drop rate? MORE gold and experience bonus?

    I don't know. I think it's good to have parts of the game that aren't judged by Grift standards.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    thats the main reason I think they aren't increasing torment levels higher than 10. It would fuck up the whole loot reward loop.

    I don't really know what the best solution for that problem is.

  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    They would also have to remove Goldwrap from the game.
    It's too easy to build nearly invincible builds with it.

    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    So would this update be coming during this season or for the next one? I still need to get a second conquest to get the stash tab.

  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    They won't update during a season. It'll release in the downtime between 5 ending and 6 starting.

    That's all like 6+ weeks from now, so you have time.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    This season.

    Ideally I think, at least hope, that they want people to be able to clear GR 100 with great gear, and anyhing further to be pushing the bleeding edge, getting everything that you can, perfectly rolled everything ideal team comp build.

    As it stands, the "normal", people who just started playing this season tends to be between 60 and 80, with solid gear, which even I think is kind of low.

    GR strategy changes a ton when you start to plateu in damage, and every class save for Energy Twister Wizard seems to plateu in damage around the 70's, with 80+ relying on good maps, mod density, and not getting fucked on the GR bosses.

    Which I think is probably too early. I mean, getting stuck in the 70's and struggling for 80 sounds boring as hell.

    Striving for 100 feels like more of a fufilling milestone, and right now pretty much no one can reach it with perfect EVERYTHING using every system in the game+re-setting for good maps with awesome mob density.

    Transporter on
This discussion has been closed.