Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    HooverFan wrote: »
    The Visage of Guya is still the more preferable cubed item over a garwulf because the dark heart rune for veng is 50% damage reduction compared to 2 extra wolves which is only 16-18% more.

This part is not entirely accurate from what I've read - at least not for a 9% Zoey's.

With that, 7 pets from 2pc is 63% DR. With Garwulf that's 81%.

If you look at that another way, you're taking either 37% of a hit or 19% of a hit. That's damn close to 50% DR.

I didn't calculate it exactly with my own DH, but try it yourself. Visage+vengeance should be extremely comparable toughness to Garwulf.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    This game becomes incomprehensible any time I take a break.

There a good cliffnotes version of major changes you can recommend, thread?

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    The Visage of Guya is still the more preferable cubed item over a garwulf because the dark heart rune for veng is 50% damage reduction compared to 2 extra wolves which is only 16-18% more.

This part is not entirely accurate from what I've read - at least not for a 9% Zoey's.

With that, 7 pets from 2pc is 63% DR. With Garwulf that's 81%.

If you look at that another way, you're taking either 37% of a hit or 19% of a hit. That's damn close to 50% DR.

I didn't calculate it exactly with my own DH, but try it yourself. Visage+vengeance should be extremely comparable toughness to Garwulf.

trying to get a 9% zoeys (ancient mind you) is ass... I'll stick with the super easy guaranteed 50% from visage

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I thought Visage of Giyua was the WD mask...?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/visage-of-giyua

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    they mean "Visage of Gunes"

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    they mean "Visage of Gunes"

visage of my ass... blame blizz for being unoriginal with this shit

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    okay so the changes they made to Archon/Vyrs is insane. I gotta do some more testing later, but 72 was the last grift level I passed.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    DRtV8Zm.jpg?1

YEAAAAAH YEARS OF WAR DONE

GUARDIAN DONE

SEASON JOURNEY DONE

i beat the game

Used a Disintegrate Tal'Rasha build (with all the channeling items, minus Deathwish) for the first GR55. Used a Disintegrate/Energy Twister Firebird's build for the second GR55, having gotten a Twisted Sword literally moments before. Firebird's is dumb. But Ranslor's Folly is good CC so it was super doable. But kiting around Elites forever is dumb.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    okay so the changes they made to Archon/Vyrs is insane. I gotta do some more testing later, but 72 was the last grift level I passed.
    Archon wizard is currently top performing solo, having cleared a hundred in 13:33. DH is second with a ninety six cleared in a similar time.

Monks are currently dead last, having cleared an eighty seven with seven seconds to spare (Barb did the same but with over three minutes remaining). Those two classes are either a)bad or b)desperately awaiting theorycrafting. Neither of the classes are using anything different at the moment. Have to wait a few more days to see.

butts
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I've come back to D3 after a long break and decided to run through the campaign solo once before jumping into hardcore dungeon running.

I have a witch doctor! How do I witch doctor? I'm using flaming skull and haunt as my primary damage dealers, with a gargantuan and three doggies by my side, and I occasionally make arms come up out the ground. I have Soul Harvest which apparently is the shit but it only works if I'm right up close to the monsters, which is not the shit. Positioning myself to get the benefit from it seems to waste more time than I spend just killing shit from across the screen. Am I doing it wrong?

Lvl 49 btw, just got started on Act V.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cam... paign?

I'm sorry I don't understand the question
    For real though just use whatever feels good until max level

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thanks to everybody here posting about the Captain America build my wife and I completed our Conquer levels to get the extra stash tabs. Wife got hers first by doing the Captain America build and then the 60 GR with her Marauder DH. I chickened out and ran my 60 GR with my Invokers Crusader. Now she's thinking of trying to finish off the season since one more 55 GR set attempt is completely doable for her.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Cam... paign?

I'm sorry I don't understand the question
    For real though just use whatever feels good until max level

Yeah I wanted to rerun it just for funsies, I actually like the hokey story and working through it is fun!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Did some rifts on the PTR last night and saw some white shit drop that wasn't mats... only to find that it was wings from one drop, and a transmog item on another.
    H3EVI0z.jpg

Yeah... me rikey

HooverFan on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Put in some work on the wizard after a bit of a break. NARROWLY got my first conquest done with 45 no set, thinking I may do the gold one for my other.

I just realized the new patch doesn't drop til after the season, so I guess I should invest in Twister? Woh is quick and fun, but I'm definitely starting to feel the cap pressing down.

Or would DMO be better since I don't get into a lot of group runs?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Did some rifts on the PTR last night and saw some white shit drop that wasn't mats... only to find that it was wings from one drop, and a transmog item on another.
    H3EVI0z.jpg

Yeah... me rikey

Really looking forward to having some new wings to play with.

Am I right in thinking there are new pets in the next patch, too ?

• Options
    There are new pets, yes. There's a new goblin type that drops the new cosmetic items (pet, wing, transmog) and they can also drop from bosses. Not sure which ones do and which ones don't, and some uber bosses drop different variants. I have a pair of red butterfly wings from Uber Magdha and @SkyAndPie has a black pair from Regular Magdha.

PS her shield nonsense being gone is so fucking nice now.

butts
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Here are the wings you get from regular Maghda by the way.
    Also one of the new pets!

s83zh85ny848.jpg

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Quick question for the PTR. I just went in and ran a regular rift in T6. 100% legendary and set items. Is that normal? Are they trying to give you as much gear to test, because most of it was kinda pointless.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Quick question for the PTR. I just went in and ran a regular rift in T6. 100% legendary and set items. Is that normal? Are they trying to give you as much gear to test, because most of it was kinda pointless.

it's like 2000% bonus to legendary item drops... because yes they want you to easily be able to find and test fully optimized shit

• Options
    mpAWFiP.jpg
    1bq3nIo.jpg
    He runs around like a cuddle bear except not quite as cuddly. Still cute as all hell though.

I named him Sgt. Snuffles.

butts
  • Options
    So I found a huge juggernaut-style helm transmog and the shoulder transmogs to match and now my DH looks like an evil fucking Samus on the PTR and i'm soooooooooooooooooo happy
    q1gCzcb.jpg

• Options
    Nice, definitely think it's a nod to Starcraft's Jim Raynor!!!

0w12vxnnhvkg.jpg

Would totally buy the full mog for $9.99.

• Options
    I haven't found this but
    1vrdNuD.png

butts
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    OK, I've tried to do some searching of my own but I just can't find it. Does anyone have a list, link, or table somewhere that shows what wings are available Live right now? Like, nothing that I need to time travel ~5 years to get. I know I can get green wings by running all the set dungeons; but I have no idea what the other sources.

I really want white angel wings for my 'sader; but that ship has sailed.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    OK, I've tried to do some searching of my own but I just can't find it. Does anyone have a list, link, or table somewhere that shows what wings are available Live right now? Like, nothing that I need to time travel ~5 years to get. I know I can get green wings by running all the set dungeons; but I have no idea what the other sources.

pretty sure thats the only wings you can get in game atm, unless you want to buy the heart of the swarm or reaper of souls collectors editions. white wings was d3 collectors, which you could get if you could find/pay for it.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    It's funny I still consider myself a wizard through and through. I hate DMO's and Vyr's playstyles... and Firebird's is possibly the worst set in the game(amazing transmog though). But damn if I don't love Tal Rasha!

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    If you were in Beta you can get the gold angel wings.

• Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    I haven't found this but
    1vrdNuD.png

Mace of the Crows?

I guess it's a Ravenholm reference?

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    I haven't found this but
    1vrdNuD.png

Mace of the Crows?

Can't tell if trolling or serious...

In the event your comment is not bait, it's a crow bar. It is a half life reference. Ideal for bashing headcrabs.

And if you are baiting, then you sir, are a goose.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    it took me a minute too

tumblr_miee922MZP1qjc90mo1_1280.jpg

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    I haven't found this but
    1vrdNuD.png

Mace of the Crows?

Can't tell if trolling or serious...

In the event your comment is not bait, it's a crow bar. It is a half life reference. Ideal for bashing headcrabs.

And if you are baiting, then you sir, are a goose.

i want to delete my comment out of embarrassment but NOW IT IS TOO LATE

although in my defence I have always called these prybars

• Options
    edited March 2016

Here are the shakedown on the wings LIVE and coming SOON:

White Wings - Diablo III Collector's Edition. Technically still obtainable if you buy an unopened copy for $250-$300 on ebay...
    Gold Wings - Preorder Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
    Bone Wings - (Queen of Blade) Collector's Edition of Heart of the Swarm
    Set Wings (Green wings) - Wings from mastering all set dungeons. Will be nerfed in 2.4.1 so it's easier to obtain
    Mercy Wings - (Preorder Overwatch) Not available yet but the game ships out May 24. Mercy Wings will be FREE for Playstation 4 and XBOX Diablo III owners regardless of buying Overwatch.
    Wings of the Betrayer - Preorder World of Warcraft: Legion Digital Collector's Edition, available now

2.4.1 Upcoming wings and location:
    Falcon's Wings - Drops from a Mysterious Chest in Gardens of Hope 1st Tier
    Dark Bat - Drops from Tethyrs
    Wings of Kokabiel - Drops from The Merciless Witch
    Lord Culsu's Wings - Drops from Maghda
    Osseous Grasp - Drops from Adria
    Cosmic Wings - Drops from an enemy in Whimsyshire

Edit - Apparently they're just tossing 2.4.1 wings out the window. But the first half is still relevant. :rotate:

SkyAndPie on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Wings are being removed from the PTR per Wyatt Cheng as they don't like how you can get them currently

HooverFan on
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    SkyAndPie wrote: »

Here are the shakedown on the wings LIVE and coming SOON:

White Wings - Diablo III Collector's Edition. Technically still obtainable if you buy an unopened copy for $250-$300 on ebay...
    Gold Wings - Preorder Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
    Bone Wings - (Queen of Blade) Collector's Edition of Heart of the Swarm
    Set Wings (Green wings) - Wings from mastering all set dungeons. Will be nerfed in 2.4.1 so it's easier to obtain
    Mercy Wings - (Preorder Overwatch) Not available yet but the game ships out May 24. Mercy Wings will be FREE for Playstation 4 and XBOX Diablo III owners regardless of buying Overwatch.
    Wings of the Betrayer - Preorder World of Warcraft: Legion Digital Collector's Edition, available now

2.4.1 Upcoming wings and location:
    Falcon's Wings - Drops from a Mysterious Chest in Gardens of Hope 1st Tier
    Dark Bat - Drops from Tethyrs
    Wings of Kokabiel - Drops from The Merciless Witch
    Lord Culsu's Wings - Drops from Maghda
    Osseous Grasp - Drops from Adria
    Cosmic Wings - Drops from an enemy in Whimsyshire

Saaaaadly these 2.4.1 wings are... going away, for the meantime.

From the wording it definitely seems like they want them to come back, but perhaps in not such a trivial manner of collection.

No idea what this means for the Pets? Probably nothing?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    If some people have to pay $5.99 for wings and that gets D3 some cash flow for a new expansion, SO BE IT.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Shield Glare - Uncertainty is pretty hilarious when soloing as Captain America. You lose a bit of damage but being able to CC adds by way of the charmed mobs hitting them is pretty great. I do prefer this build for groups though since I'm more free to just go nuts tossing shields and I can swap in Judgement and root shit from a mile away and boost damage.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    More datamining:

Archon's 300% damage dropped down to 30%

Laws of Hope - Hopeful Cry: Empowering the Law also increases chances of enemies within 60 yards to drop Health Globes by 5%. reduces all Physical damage taken by 25%.

Mirinae frequency changed, presumably more often

Twisted sword caps at 5 8 stacks.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    The Mirinae change is potentially the most interesting. If it actually pulses every second that is very good.

Someone on Reddit did the math for the Archon change, and reports it should take the current archon down from GR104, to about GR94 - 95 solo. So not the end of the world. The sky has not fallen, etc etc.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    The Mirinae change is potentially the most interesting. If it actually pulses every second that is very good.

Someone on Reddit did the math for the Archon change, and reports it should take the current archon down from GR104, to about GR94 - 95 solo. So not the end of the world. The sky has not fallen, etc etc.

PANIC

ABANDON YOUR POSTS

FLEE! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES

This discussion has been closed.