Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

1939495969799»

Posts

  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    WDs are doing okay with the garg build. It's definitely not my thing, but the other builds aren't nearly as competitive. I'm kind of tired of D3 in general though.

  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I get that, I've been away for long enough that it feels all new again. Vaults! This kanais cube thing! Rifts are less annoying to get!...but I still have to farm bounties but now its to suck powers out of legendaries! They have yet again streamlined and amped up the volume on...most everything.

  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    wear all legendaries - yes, set items count

    leveling - imo, all of it is good, the hardest part is not getting bored to death. Ask for a powerlevel.

    witch doctor - ehh... the recent pet buffs have made docs very passive, which isn't for everyone. Not being able to reliably break obstacles/doors drove me insane.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Ok, I guess a rundown on current "fun" levels for each character would be nice, DH has been nice with chakrams and flipping around. I've done crusader before but could again, I imagine skills have had a shakeup since I last played. I think I deffo want to roll a melee class this time. So: Monk, Sader or Barb?

  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    You'll be better off using your death breath on crusader shields, and even better off if/when you can afford to reroll an extra akarat's with souls and bounty mats.

    Kadala is crazy inefficient when there's more than one item type per slot, as with shield/crusader shield.

    I have no idea what other items I need; other than Ancients. Which, by my understanding, is still crazy inefficient to use Kadala for.

    The only other item I "need" is The Furnace; which will go right into my cube. Everything I've read is telling me that the increased cost of using Kadala for weapons is not worth it in the least.

    So what else am I supposed to burn shards on when I cap? I'm not being a goose; I genuinely don't know.

  • Options
    jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Noggin wrote: »
    witch doctor - ehh... the recent pet buffs have made docs very passive, which isn't for everyone. Not being able to reliably break obstacles/doors drove me insane.

    This reminds me, you know what feels good? A cubed pair of Fire Walkers for my barbarian. Damage is nice, but passively breaking everything is completely spoiling me.

    Oh, and that's my first level 70 character ever! Huzzah. You know what ELSE feels good? That sweet sweet deathhorse mount for HOTS.

    jergarmar on
    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Noggin wrote: »
    You'll be better off using your death breath on crusader shields, and even better off if/when you can afford to reroll an extra akarat's with souls and bounty mats.

    Kadala is crazy inefficient when there's more than one item type per slot, as with shield/crusader shield.

    I have no idea what other items I need; other than Ancients. Which, by my understanding, is still crazy inefficient to use Kadala for.

    The only other item I "need" is The Furnace; which will go right into my cube. Everything I've read is telling me that the increased cost of using Kadala for weapons is not worth it in the least.

    So what else am I supposed to burn shards on when I cap? I'm not being a goose; I genuinely don't know.

    you can still spend shards on whatever you want at kadala. noggin's just saying what path is more efficient for getting items. you should use all options open to you in conjunction with each other

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Noggin wrote: »
    You'll be better off using your death breath on crusader shields, and even better off if/when you can afford to reroll an extra akarat's with souls and bounty mats.

    Kadala is crazy inefficient when there's more than one item type per slot, as with shield/crusader shield.

    I have no idea what other items I need; other than Ancients. Which, by my understanding, is still crazy inefficient to use Kadala for.

    The only other item I "need" is The Furnace; which will go right into my cube. Everything I've read is telling me that the increased cost of using Kadala for weapons is not worth it in the least.

    So what else am I supposed to burn shards on when I cap? I'm not being a goose; I genuinely don't know.

    You're not being a goose, and what you've read is true.

    Kadala is terrible for weapons and class-specific slots. Weapons are too expensive and pull from every available weapon type, while class-specific armor splits those slots in half. Mighty Belts, Crusader Shields, Cloaks, Spirit Stones, Voodoo Masks, and Wizard Hats all dilute your chances.

    In other words she's great for sets and non-class armor. If you already have all that then you can somewhat reasonably buy jewelry, work on another build, or spend your shards on a different class.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    If I'm gambling for specific pieces of armor I spam Kadala. If I'm in need of a specific weapon or piece of jewelry I use the cube.

    It's best to use both if you desperately need a specific slot but I like being able to gamble for three pieces of armor for every weapon, feels less wasteful.

    butts
  • Options
    jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    jergarmar on
    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

  • Options
    jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

    Oh, because D3 on the PC is an online-only game. Yeah. Well, it's probably worth a shot, until I lose a special character in a horribly unfair way, heh.

    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

    I think the performance has come a long way from release at least. I remember my desktop used to chug running the game - back at vanilla release. I was playing the game on it just this weekend (same hardware from 2011 and everything) and the game actually ran pretty damn smooth. It kind of surprised me

    But that doesn't mean you still can't die from latency related issues of course

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

    I think the performance has come a long way from release at least. I remember my desktop used to chug running the game - back at vanilla release. I was playing the game on it just this weekend (same hardware from 2011 and everything) and the game actually ran pretty damn smooth. It kind of surprised me

    But that doesn't mean you still can't die from latency related issues of course

    Yeah I meant more like using things like helltooth in groups, or bugs with damage over time that cause the server performance to slow down to a crawl. Things that really really shouldn't be in a game with permadeath.

  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well got the stash slot. I want to thank bandia and thedewback for helping get the obnoxious speed runs done. Also further thanks to the thedewback additional tips on the finer points of gearing my thornsader.

    Not sure how much this will help, those still working on the season journey, but he is pretty much what I had
    -Full 6 piece invokers (bracers, shoulders and pants are ancient IIRC).
    -Belt of the Trove
    -COE, kind of crappy, since it was 189%
    -Ancient Justice Lantern (47% on the affix iirc)
    -Pig stick, with gift slot.
    -Poison immunity amulet
    -Ancient Akarat's Awakening
    -Aquila Cuirass

    cubed
    Blood Brother
    Cold Resist Amulet
    Heart Of Iron

    Gems
    55 chip
    54 BotT
    50 Stricken

    And about 500 paragon points

    Skills
    Stead Charge Spiked Barding (honestly, I think it's probably mostly a wash on the run for this build, Spiked Barding Damage is sad and endurance can be hit or miss in usefulness)
    Punish Celerity
    Akarat's Champion Prophet
    Law Of Justice Decaying Strength
    Iron Skin Reflective Skin
    Consecrate Bed Of Nails

    Also used the enchantress follower, I think all that mattered was the skills I picked because she had terribly gear. The ancient into corrupted ashbringer probably covered for the fact that the jewelry had str on it and I only stuck with here because she was the first follower to get the invincibility relic. Though funny thing is, Karmac might have worked better since I did have the invincibility relic at the time and some of the other big templar pieces, but I kind of felt that a fair chunk of the skills he would have had either didn't play well with the thorn build or didn't provide any real benefit.

    I'd link my profile, but that would require logging into the website. Main take away is, that GR 60 is doable without the perfect setup. Hilariously, I did actually have the traveler's set and both pieces were ancient, not great rolls mind you, at the time of the GR run. I didn't bother getting them setup and incorporated into my build because I didn't feel like spending the needed time to run bounties, so I could cube my COE.

  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

    I think the performance has come a long way from release at least. I remember my desktop used to chug running the game - back at vanilla release. I was playing the game on it just this weekend (same hardware from 2011 and everything) and the game actually ran pretty damn smooth. It kind of surprised me

    But that doesn't mean you still can't die from latency related issues of course

    Yeah I meant more like using things like helltooth in groups, or bugs with damage over time that cause the server performance to slow down to a crawl. Things that really really shouldn't be in a game with permadeath.

    that's true, witch doctor will kill you

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

    Oh, because D3 on the PC is an online-only game. Yeah. Well, it's probably worth a shot, until I lose a special character in a horribly unfair way, heh.

    Wait what?

    It's offline capable on the PS4? Like, I can play it without any Internet whatsoever while out on a boat?

    Edit: omfg I need to get this for PS4

    TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    It's also couch coop capable on the PS4.

  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    jergarmar wrote: »
    Holy cow. Somehow I made it this far without really understanding how "serious" Hardcore mode is. Sounds exciting. Do any of you guys do that? It's almost like a different topic entirely.

    There are a couple of hardcore players, and some people do it every season for a little bit, mainly for achievements.

    I don't trust D3's performance and latency-issue prone servers to stake a couple hundred hours of character progression on it.

    Oh, because D3 on the PC is an online-only game. Yeah. Well, it's probably worth a shot, until I lose a special character in a horribly unfair way, heh.

    Wait what?

    It's offline capable on the PS4? Like, I can play it without any Internet whatsoever while out on a boat?

    Edit: omfg I need to get this for PS4

    Yup, only need an internet connection for patching. Can play local or LAN only if you want.

  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I am quickly running out of reasons to be fucking with PCs at all.

    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    New thread up

    @Echo or @Bobkins Flymo , feel free to lock this one. Thanks!

    Battletag: Noggin#1936
This discussion has been closed.