As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 5: join PAF community for clan invite - early 2.4.1 info pg.93

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I always thought that was how Star Pact was supposed to behave with those set bonuses or conditions. Sometimes Blizzard nerfs something, then calls it a bug fix. They do this for buffs, too.

That Oculus Ring is great for Melee Wizard. So many new tools to theorycraft with now.

The Wizard ring that buffs shields is certainly something. Though they also buffed the shield skills themselves, so I don't know how much it's necessary? Still nice to finally see some defensive options for Wizards that don't completely suck balls.

Old Opus 4pc was... wait, what?! They're removing the DoT component? That's... interesting, to say the least. I don't know what the set is for, now. You get a Slow Time that's just super laden with buffs and debuffs and a 5 second stun, but you need to be standing in it. And all the skills it buffs damage-wise are ranged, so you want to be standing at range. So you need bubbles everywhere, still, but they're taking away the AoE aspect of the set... Who is this for, now?

Listen to me, Blizzard. ARCANE ORB STILL SUCKS. A set designed around it, no matter how strong it makes it, still blows because the skill itself blows. Redesign the skill, fuck.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Like, if Delsere's Magnum Opus added Explosive Blast to the set bonuses, then I would understand who it's for. It'd be for me. But it's not for anybody now, because nobody will build around Arcane Orb and have any sort of success unless the numbers are literally absurd.

Edit: Maybe it's an Electrocute set now? There's enough items you could put together to just hold left-click all day, I guess.

Edit: Oh, I see;
    The Shame of Delsere
    New Legendary Belt
    Your Signature Spells attack 50% faster and restore 9-12 Arcane Power

Shock Pulse and and Magic Missile are terrible skills. Giving me a belt that makes them faster and has them generate AP so I can throw more Arcane Orbs (itself a terrible skill) more often does not a good set make.

Edit: :-1:
    Triumvirate
    Arcane Orb damage bonus increased from 75-100% to 150-200%
    Unstable Scepter
    New Legendary Wand
    Arcane Orb's explosion triggers an additional time
    Rolls with 50-65% Arcane Orb damage

"Hey guys, just wear this set and this belt and this source and this wand and then Shitty Arcane Orb becomes Great Arcane Orb (but only if you continue to use the Frozen Orb rune; every other rune is terrible)! Until you get to a Grift level where you can't kill trash in 3 orbs anymore, because that's how many orbs you can throw with a full AP bar. Then your progress comes to a screeching halt."

Literally, it'll be a good setup until you reach a tipping point where your clear speed falls through the floor, and then it'll be a terrible set. No amount of skilled play is necessary, and no amount of skill will allow you to progress beyond that tipping point. Such sadness.

Rius on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    im really not a fan of removing the slow time dot

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    im really not a fan of removing the slow time dot

They did it so they can buff Tal'Rasha and Delsere's separately and get people to stop running Del'Rasha. They're too strong together in their current incarnations. It just so happens that it feels like they've really muddled up Delsere's in the process with a half dozen Arcane Orb bandaids.

Tal'Rasha is going up to 300% damage per stack and up to 16 seconds total duration at 4 stacks. If you could still use that with Delsere's 2000% per second bubbles, it'd be monstrously overpowered.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    edit: wrong thread

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I never saw this change.
    The Fist of Az'Turrasq
    Exploding Palm's on-death explosion bonus damage has been increased from 75-100% to 250-300%
    Yooooooo

butts
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I wish that shield legendary for wizards was a bracer. Or hat. Or shoulders.

Rings are already full of good choices.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    I never saw this change.
    The Fist of Az'Turrasq
    Exploding Palm's on-death explosion bonus damage has been increased from 75-100% to 250-300%
    Yooooooo

O_O

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I never saw this change.
    The Fist of Az'Turrasq
    Yooooooo

Part of me feels like this is to account for removing Power Pylon Snapshotting?

Either way I'll fukken take it.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Dibby wrote: »
    I never saw this change.
    The Fist of Az'Turrasq
    Yooooooo

I'll take it too. I have to find another one, which is great because I have one sitting in my non seasonal stash for the sole purpose of using with my Uliana's set that I now get to trash.

It may be partially due to taking it off the SWK bonus too. Which is kind of a good thing, the damage was already absurd (I've hit 111b with it on Live). Maybe it'll be hilarious with Legacy of Nightmares if the set maintains viability.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I never saw this change.
    The Fist of Az'Turrasq
    Yooooooo

I'll take it too. I have to find another one, which is great because I have one sitting in my non seasonal stash for the sole purpose of using with my Uliana's set that I now get to trash.

It may be partially due to taking it off the SWK bonus too. Which is kind of a good thing, the damage was already absurd (I've hit 111b with it on Live). Maybe it'll be hilarious with Legacy of Nightmares if the set maintains viability.

Naw dude, don't trash it, reroll it with the Cube when 2.4 drops.

Um, assuming that will work anyway? Not sure if you can reroll old variables into new variables.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    So Tal Rasha's duration is actually much better than supposed. It doesn't boost it to 16 seconds, it's still a max of 8, but you can actually just keep the buff up permanently as long as you're using your skills.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    So Tal Rasha's duration is actually much better than supposed. It doesn't boost it to 16 seconds, it's still a max of 8, but you can actually just keep the buff up permanently as long as you're using your skills.

That's worded so poorly! And I never imagined they'd actually give us the buff permanently. That's excellent news.

Thanks for testing it!

• Options
    Yeah. How it appears to work is that, once you're at four stacks, a skill can add two seconds to the buff. That skill can then no longer give seconds to the buff until you use a different elemental skill, after which all others can give +2 seconds again.

So you could get to your four stack and just keep it up by spamming two skills. Having explosive blast on autocast on top of that means my four-stack basically never falls off.

• Options
    Also, so you know that shield ring for wizards I was just complaining about?

PRAISE JAYSUS

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Jesus, really with just two skills? That's great news.

What do you mean on autocast? Macro or something in game?

Rius on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Rius wrote: »
    Jesus, really with just two skills? That's great news.

What do you mean on autocast? Macro or something in game?

Autocast is a weird thing that's been in the game forever and has some uses. For the record, you won't get in trouble for using it.

It's achieved by binding the skill you want to use to the numpad. Once you've done this, when numlock is on, hold the number of the skill you want to autocast and, while holding, toggle numlock off and release. The skill will now cast itself whenever it's off cooldown.

When you want to stop autocasting, basically do the same in reverse. Press numlock and, while holding, press the number of the key to stop autocasting, then release. Alt-tabbing out when the game is fullscreen also does it for me.

Dac on
  • Options
    Ahh... I'm a lefty and use the numpad to play T.T I probably would not be able to utilize that.

• Options
    I never saw this change.
    The Fist of Az'Turrasq
    Yooooooo

Naw dude, don't trash it, reroll it with the Cube when 2.4 drops.

Um, assuming that will work anyway? Not sure if you can reroll old variables into new variables.

Confirmed it on PTR, remains within the old range.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Ahh... I'm a lefty and use the numpad to play T.T I probably would not be able to utilize that.

I'm a lefty but haven't ever used a mouse in anything but my right hand. It's probably too late now to break 20 years of ingrained memory muscle and reflexes but I wonder what a difference it would have made.

• Options
    The rest of my family is right handed.

I didn't even realize you could use a computer left handed until about five years ago.

butts
  • Options
    I wonder if the Wiz shield legendary ring-soon-to-be-bracer applies to the shield granted by St. Archew's Gage. If it did, sheesh. Elite pack damage you? Bam, a shield equal to 300% of your health for 10 seconds.

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Wow! I may not feel like a complete idiot going back to my Wizard roots now.

And as beefy as the channeling / Firebird setup seems to be, I'm all Tal'rasha, baby! Very nice changes.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    So I just need to get my HC character to 70(currently ~20?) and that three minute TX rift dealt with to wrap up the season objectives. Since it's close-ish to season end at this point, it's finally pushing me to get around to doing them. Anyone planning on working either of those anytime soon?

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    So I just need to get my HC character to 70(currently ~20?) and that three minute TX rift dealt with to wrap up the season objectives. Since it's close-ish to season end at this point, it's finally pushing me to get around to doing them. Anyone planning on working either of those anytime soon?
    I may not have as much time today as I thought I would but I'm hopping on now and should be on off and on thereafter to try and finish my last two requirements.

Game will be open so hop in or whisper me if you see me on.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    pmzhNNv.jpg

yay

rank 373

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Column wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I may not have as much time today as I thought I would but I'm hopping on now and should be on off and on thereafter to try and finish my last two requirements.

Game will be open so hop in or whisper me if you see me on.

@Column I don't believe I have your BNet info, want to send that to me and I'll add you to get things done some time?

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    pmzhNNv.jpg

yay

rank 373

1337 indeed

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    All I have to do is beat a 61 to get on the wizard leaderboards...wish me luck

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    After playing on PTR basically all day, Crusaders are currently either
    a) broken
    b) other classes have not been broken yet and will be as strong

butts
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    After playing on PTR basically all day, Crusaders are currently either
    a) broken
    b) other classes have not been broken yet and will be as strong

What crusader gear are people running?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    SkyAndPieSkyAndPie Registered User regular
    Crusader is broken...

Oh just DOT with 4 trillon?
    wehuf55wz0rx.jpg

How about almost a 7 trillion DOT? I've seen 8 myself but can't find a good screenshot
    5sxzepih5udy.jpg

Greater rift 84 without fishing? Sure.
    yq2f4ajsmux7.jpg

It's Armor of Akkhan, Endless Walk, Bracer of Fury, Shield of Fury, Convention of Elements, Eberli Charo and Fate of the Fell. I want to tinker with some stuff but was laughing so much because it's so overpowered. People also run Legacy of Nightmare with all kinds of junk gear.

Diablo 3: SkyAndPie#1551
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    We need an option to truncate these truncated damage values.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I don't see why they didn't just include m, b and t.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    just display exponents only

that is some sick E12 damage there, Sky

• Options
    I'm always leery of damage shots with Convention of Elements, but that is pretty hilarious nonetheless. Crusader is probably why LoN got nerfed from 800% to 100% lol.

Got myself an ancient Aquila chestpiece last night so I decided to do some melee Wizard testing with it. I think we're back to Firebirds being the best set for melee because at higher grift levels I can perma-dot things and wander towards new enemies; this was always true, but now the set actually does more damage when enemies live longer due to the new 6pc bonus. I will say that if Tal'Rasha stays the way it is now, with only needing 2 skills to maintain the 4 stacks, 6Tal/4Fire could be a potent combo (though it means giving up Endless Walk.)

I started out with very few other defensive options but had to put on a few pretty quickly at Grift 60. Wound up wearing the new Oculus with my Endless Walk, Aquila, Delsere's Totally-Not-a-Setpiece Belt (that adds 50% IAS for primaries), 6pc Firebird and Sunkeeper, and cubed Woh/Leoric's/Unity. Gems were Trapped/Moratorium/Gizzard. Blur/Evocation/Galvanizing/Audacity. Flame Blades/Event Horizon/3sec Frost Nova/Chain Reaction/Deflection/Force Armor.

Shit was pretty easy, though I would like to have a Shield indicator on the UI now that Galvanizing Ward is so good. The new belt ostensibly for use with Delsere's Arcane Orb spam is great for this build as it lets me push Flame Blades up to 70+ stacks and keep it there effortlessly.

I did a bunch of 60's to see where improvements could be made in the build. For starters, I need to level up my Stricken and use that instead of Moratorium, need to test with Tal'Rasha instead of Firebirds... it feels pretty strong. And effortless. And active! Repositioning into the Oculus fields is nice. Melee Wiz always seems to be 20 grift levels behind Ranged Wiz, but I think Aquila is the defensive buff I need to push an optimized build up towards the Ranged folks. The biggest weakness of Explosive Blast is dealing damage to enemies outside it's range, and Firebirds' DoT has always been a good answer for that. The new 6pc makes the DoT stronger the more enemies are still alive, which makes them die faster, which makes the run faster... Pretty exciting stuff for me.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Updated the OP a bit, especially to include this useful info:

Guaranteed Set details
    Starting in Season 5, you can earn one 6-piece set via the Season Journey. You will earn a "Haedrig's Gift" box containing 2 pieces of a set when you (1)Reach 70, (2)Kill Zoltan Kulle at 70 on Torment 2, and (3)Solo clear Greater Rift 20.

The set you'll earn depends on class and season:
    • Barbarian - Might of the Earth
    • Crusader - Invokers
    • Demon Hunter - Shadow's Mantle
    • Monk - Sunwuko's
    • Witch Doctor - Jade Harvester
    • Wizard - Firebird's

Noggin on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Going Wizard next season then, I had a Firebird piece drop and decided I wanted the whole set just for looks.

• Options
    I think wiz is going to be a very popular first choice, for good reason.

I'm interested in Maurader DH and Inna Monk, but neither of those are the free set.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I've yet to do a Wiz season so this is perfect.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.