As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone else less than impressed with the...

2»

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    I drove 3 hours to get the the thing and yes there were some dissapointments, but why dwell on that negative. The cool thing about all of this, is that they accomplished it at all.
    These guys are just like rest of us and they took the initiative to do something with their dream. How many of us can actually claim the same.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Sigma_100Sigma_100 Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    i drove almost 17 hours straight to seattle, 17 hours back from seattle, spent $600 on gas/food/hotle/misc shit, missed my first fucking day of college, got maybe 12 hours of sleep through the whole weekend (it didnt help the drive back at all), and i had a fucking BLAST. I had more fun at PAX (and on the WCST) than i have ever had. at anything.

and i even missed the minibosses, which i had been set on seeing (fuck you minibosses are awesome), but i did manage to get a halo 2 ticket for $5, so maybe im a bit biased because i got one of the two.

regarding the cost of entering PAX... i dont think the $25 included shit. its 25 frickin dollars, and as i recall (correct me if im wrong), a lot of conventions have tickets ~ $40 with less special events than were at pax.

Sigma_100 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2004
    There are quite a few things that I would have changed with this con for next year. First off, the organization was horrible.

I thought there should have been seperate lines for pre registered and people who were buying tickets at the door. Just a thought.

The console room was just plain silly. The person running it insisted on reading out each name induvidually which took way to long. Why didn't he just post sheets with the brackets on the wall. We're all big boys we can handle it.

I know that they weren't expecting so many people but there was a lack of things for people to do. Unless you were registered for tournie's you could basically count out playing any games. Which left people lining up insane lengths to actually do anything.

The table top area was very well organized and let people get some good games in.

Oh snap.

Unknown User on