As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Destiny: The Taken King. Like The Lion King, but with less regicide.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I don't know what that is but okay sure

basically we run missions together over the course of you leveling up to 40 and get some exclusive items like a shader and a cool tron sparrow

PMing you a link for it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Raaaaaaaaaaaank

Buuuuuuuuuuuddy

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Raaaaaaaaaaaank

Buuuuuuuuuuuddy

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
    Let's play some destinies buddy

8406wWN.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Raaaaaaaaaaaank

Buuuuuuuuuuuddy

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
    Let's play some destinies buddy

Yeah, once my living room is actually in order I am totally down to Finish The Fight!

Wait, wrong game

eh

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Got a 310 Twilight Garrison with Heavy Ammo and Solar perks in the last stretch of SRL

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiii

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got a sky burners chest and there was a thing in there called a calcified fragment.

Also I've actually been doing okay at control in the crucible lately.

I think it is this mida multi tool. Also people can't dodge my hammers. I got a 6 kill streak with them.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    So, started with the demo on ps4 and wound maxing at level 7 so I decided to pick it up on Boxing Day. Up to level 9 on my hunter now.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    A friend's prodding and poor impulse control and I've picked up the expansions and gotten my old titan up to 40. I'm liking a lot of the streamlining they did.

Was such a bummer to see green equipment drops instantly outclass whatever I had pre-expansion though.

Also sparrow racing can eat a bag of dicks. (I'm mostly salty because I had as couple of bounties almost done right before they shut it off last night, and those damn bounties are just taunting me in my list).

Uhg. I hate exodus blue so much.

Shotgun city.

At least shotguns seem less broken?

The recoil on fusion rifles now seems harsh.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Uriel wrote: »
    I got a sky burners chest and there was a thing in there called a calcified fragment.

I think it is this mida multi tool. Also people can't dodge my hammers. I got a 6 kill streak with them.

There's 50 calcified fragments across the Dreadnaught and in various missions, strikes, and the raid.
    Each gives you a grimoire entry that's part of a Hive book. 45 gets you a quest for the Touch of Malice, an exotic scout rifle that's top-tier for the raid. 50 gets you a shader.

Crippl3 on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

There's 50 calcified fragments across the Dreadnaught and in various missions, strikes, and the raid.
    Each gives you a grimoire entry that's part of a Hive book. 45 gets you a quest for the Touch of Malice, an exotic scout rifle that's top-tier for the raid. 50 gets you a shader.

yeah, you can search for them yourself if you like, but some are pretty ridiculously hidden (i really don't know how people find all of them)

destinycalcifiedfragments.com will track your progress for you without spoiling where to find the searchable ones (some you get from activities like Court of Oryx), though it goes off your grimoire cards, so it only really works on one character and then you'll have to just make a checklist yourself I guess for the others

though there's really no point in finding them on more than one character unless you just want to be a completionist nerd (which i totally am) or end up with touch of malice three times so you don't have to switch it out between characters

Touch of malice is that gun in a bag right?

That's a pretty cool looking gun.

45 seems like a lot though.

Also I'm finally above 270 light. This takes forever. Why can't I just grind crucible for marks for all my armor like in year 1...

Also I'm finally above 270 light. This takes forever. Why can't I just grind crucible for marks for all my armor like in year 1...

well, you can grind crucible for legendary marks to get 280 armor

a couple times a day :P

and yeah, 45 isn't really that bad to get, a couple of them are tricky, but since there are 50 available, you can pick and choose somewhat with the harder ones

edited December 2015
    Someone should join a fire team with me and take me to get a bunch of the easy ones. :lol:

Tallahasseeriel on
    most of them you just find wandering around the dreadnought. there are guides up that show the locations (i doubt many people actually have them all memorized)

i can think of any of the found ones you'd have a hard time getting at 270 light

this is a decent guide with vids and pics:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Calcified_Fragments

also are you on xbone? i'm BluberryWerewlf there if you ever see me on you can hit me up for help with stuff

Unfortunately I'm on ps4.

Also I feel like I'm growing a little too reliant on this twilight garrison.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

42 of them are obtainable without doing the raid, but those final 8 all come from inside the raid and boss challenge modes.

If you want to know where all of them are, here's the videos I used

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Favorite thing so far in returning to Destiny: unlocking the High Five emote from doing those refer a friend quests.

Because the first time we did it the timing and positioning was perfect and it was great

And because all the subsequent ones have been whiffs and poorly timed and often results in what looks like two dudes slapping each other in the face.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

"I need 45 mysterious ancient evil bits to make this gun, some high tech materials, evil metal flakes from Oryx's treasure chests, and some fancy vex cores and wizard entrails.

Also burlap. Don't forget the burlap. Absolutely crucial, that."

steam_sig.png
    Well I've gotten all the fragments I can get just laying around the Dreadnought.

Buhh there are still so many to get and a lot of these other ones seem way harder.

The Court of Oryx ones aren't too bad. The T2 ones aren't too hard if there's anyone else doing court with you, though you have to be the one who put up the rune to summon to get the fragment and which bosses you get is random as far as I know. The T3 ones unfortunately can only be 1 each week because the T3 boss rotates.

The Agonarch rune one is kind of tough because there's a billion dudes, but there's no time limit on it. I died while doing it but just ran back and finished mopping them up.

The ones you get from the Chest of the Worm/Yuul/Eir etc. chests are also pretty easy, but also random. But there's maps and videos that show the location of the chest.

There's that one chest that's hidden in the room with the damage aura that you need a relic to safely open (or you can cheese it with high armor and a Super that grants damage reduction, or by blocking with your sword or something?). The guys you need to kill for that are just at the end of the hall where you initiate the Court of Oryx stuff, so while you're doing CoO just peek down the hall between pulls and if you see a yellow bar Wizard, kill him to start the event. I randomly stumbled across it while like 5 people were doing CoO in the area. Apparently they all needed that frag because as soon as I killed the guy and grabbed the relic they all followed me to the chest like ducklings.

There's a few hidden in the story mode quests, but they're pretty easy if you know where they are.

The raid ones are the only really hard ones.

steam_sig.png
    I just hate public event type stuff because I burned myself out getting the triumph emblem.

Trying to get enough runes to do enough of the court just sounds like an enormous pain. And some of those hidden rune or key things sound dumb too.

edited December 2015
    yeah, the damage chest can be blocked with your sword if you have enough heavy ammo to make it through how long it takes to open

and also, yep, you have to be the one using the stolen or antiquated rune to get the credit. that destinycalcifiedfragments.com website shows you which boss pairings are for which runes, so you just abandon the rune (die and don't run back into the court) and try again

Chanus on
    I don't even know where to get t3 runes.

There's a couple you get from completing Eris quests or repping up with her.
    Mostly they drop from T2 court.
    And the T2 runes mostly from T1.

T1 drop from court, and the taken champions that spawn in the invasion events on the other planets.

steam_sig.png
    they are pretty hard to come by, but getting three is doable with time

just make sure you only use them on the events you need for the fragments so you don't waste them

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Yeah get t3 runes pretty much constantly I feel like

If you hang around the court you are bound to get at least one

Well I made to to 281 light because I got a really nice 290some rocket launcher out of an engram.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Anyone available to join a fire team on Xbone? I need to do the Coming War quest to unlock the third subclass, but it's a level 25 mission and I'm only 21 at the moment

8406wWN.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Anyone available to join a fire team on Xbone? I need to do the Coming War quest to unlock the third subclass, but it's a level 25 mission and I'm only 21 at the moment

There are ghosts on that I don't have yet I think, so I'm down if you still need somebody.
    GT is in the sig.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I'm on mobile, can't see the sig.

My gamer tag is just Rankenphile, send me an invite

8406wWN.png
    Twilight Garrison has made me actually like playing Crucible. The added movement options combined with the Titan skating makes me feel like I'm playing Tribes again.

Anyone want to run VoG in about an hour? I've never done it but I need to beat it for the NTTE quest and I know how the encounters work. Already got a few people lined up but need a few more.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just played this game for the first time in months

Turns out it's exactly as good at being that kind of game as I wanted it to be!

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    So, we got this a couple weeks ago at our house and it's been pretty great. Even my boyfriend who doesn't do FPS games usually is into it.

Me, I snagged my 1st Exotic (Hard Light, woo!) last night from the Prison of Elders using Variks' key from completing the House of Wolves line of quests. Yah, I was up until 6am to do it, but it was worth it dammit

So yah, add me, we'll do a fireteam and shoot mans. Duck_Ninja on the PS4

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Kotaku reports that, as of last week, the sequel to Destiny has been delayed past september

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I am finally

finally

At light level 300

I was stuck at 299 for an eternity or two

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i'm just getting to 290 on my main

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I can almost get all my characters to 310 (hunter and titan are there with a bit of work but warlock is stuck at 305), which will probably be my cut off point since I don't raid.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I'm at 296 or so still.

Realized I'm never going to get to do the raid cause everyone is already in static groups for that.

so I gave up.

This discussion has been closed.