As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny: The Taken King. Like The Lion King, but with less regicide.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hmm, I never did finish the, whatever story mission, where you go back to Phobos
    What I assume was the last regular story mission of Taken King
    That boss fight was just such a slog

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Anyone need a strike buddy add Xehaius on ps4

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hmm, I never did finish the, whatever story mission, where you go back to Phobos

Yeah, that's definitely the worst mission in the game, entirely because the boss fight is just 4 different levels of bullshit. It's not a great deal easier even with the increased light levels from the last update.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Someone please help me do kings fall soon... :(

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Yeah, I needed to get help with it both on the initial time I played it and when I had to go back for the ToM. I'd offer to help myself, but I'm not on the animebox.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    During an earnings call, Activision management shed some further light on Destiny. The company said the 30 million Destiny players are averaging about about >100 hours of play time each.

Additionally, Activision Publishing executive Eric Hirshberg said Destiny's April update "re-engaged" the Destiny community and was very well received. Overall, engagement is "remarkably strong even after the release of some competitive games in the genre," he said. He also mentioned that, "It's clear fans are hungry for more content than we have been able to create."

"That passion and loyalty from our fans is something that we don't take for granted," he added. "Which is why we're working side by side with Bungie to make sure that in the future, we're able to deliver a more consistent stream of great content and drive even more engagement."

Destiny is back, baby

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    What was even in the April update

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    What was even in the April update

loot boxes and higher light level and Prison Of Elders Again

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Also a new strike, a remade old strike, and a bunch of new and returning gear.
    Plus, now infusion works in a way that makes sense.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I might be back some day.

I had a blast with this game for like 9 months.

I never knew just how badly I wanted Bungie Space Fantasy. It actually scratched some of the same itches the Dark Souls games scratch-- playing as an effectively unkillable entity neatly explains all those player character deaths, and it has some deep ass lore.

• Options
    the crucible has to be the most fun and most bullshit thing in gaming

ultimate attacks and grenades flying all around you as you attempt to aim at someone flying away from you

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I love destiny but I think we work better as friends

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I almost bought the legendary Taken King set today but I don't know if Destiny would be impenetrable at this point. Friends, if I got it now, could I successfully penetrate Destiny and enjoy it?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Peen wrote: »
    I almost bought the legendary Taken King set today but I don't know if Destiny would be impenetrable at this point. Friends, if I got it now, could I successfully penetrate Destiny and enjoy it?

PS4?

because use this code if you end up buying it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-DXK-RFC-6A9

We will get cool stuff if we group together.

Also I am not super good but I can show you the basics, plus, the G&T thread is a really good resource for more info.

A more serious answer is that it's probably still super easy to get into. Leveling up is fun still, and the loot grind at the end game has never been easier IMO.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    just doing heroic strikes or crucible I went from 220 light to 302 in less than a week

I was constantly upgrading my weapon

the loot system is super friendly

• Options
    I'd be on XBone. Cheers gents, I'll probably pick it up soon.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    New expansion september 20th get hype all

https://www.destinythegame.com/ca/en/rise-of-iron

This is exactly what I wanted more Destiny!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    It's odd how this thread is so dead despite the GnT thread being so active.

• Options
    Ok I'm doing what I said I was going to like two months ago and getting in on this thing, my wife and kids are out of town for a week and I can roll deep until they come back. I'll be hitting the G&T thread for sure but if any of you guys are still around on XBox One and want to shoot some mans (or robots or whatever) I'm tw1tch0rz, I'll be on tonight between 8 and 9.

• Options
    hey dorks I'm like level 17 and will probably be playing again tonight, come and play too.

or don't, whatever

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I had a really good time with Destiny at its launch. Maybe I'll get back into it in the fall.

• Options
    Anybody want to run Vault of Glass with me tonight on XBone? https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/746064

• Options
    Hey homps
    I never did beat Fear's Embrace but I'd like to get it knocked out before Rise of Iron drops
    Would anyone wanna run it tomorrow or Wednesday night with me? Should be pretty quick with just one extra gun

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Rise of Iron is out next week, and every single boss in King's Fall is on Challenge Mode this week in addition to Court of Oryx Tier 3 being on rotation.

I still haven't done the challenge modes or hard mode so that's my task for the week.

GG, I'd be down to help with Fear's Embrace, are you on PS4?

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Rise of Iron is out next week, and every single boss in King's Fall is on Challenge Mode this week in addition to Court of Oryx Tier 3 being on rotation.

I still haven't done the challenge modes or hard mode so that's my task for the week.

GG, I'd be down to help with Fear's Embrace, are you on PS4?

I am, PSN name is GrahamCR
    I'm now not sure what my schedule is like but go ahead and add me and we'll coordinate
    Thanks!

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Who's gonna be playing this again on the PS4 with RoI? I've been getting back into it and would love to have actual folks to play with this time, versus attempting to solo raids (which ranged from 'surprisingly effective' to 'hilariously terrible').

I'm Vsove on PSN.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting on bungie to ship my dang moment's of triumph shirt.

Also I'll probably get Rise of Iron a few months in because I'm too busy with WoW right now.

• Options
    I'm still playing on Xbone if anyone wants to putz around there, I'm at level 33 now! That's almost 40, sort of!

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    vsove wrote: »
    Who's gonna be playing this again on the PS4 with RoI? I've been getting back into it and would love to have actual folks to play with this time, versus attempting to solo raids (which ranged from 'surprisingly effective' to 'hilariously terrible').

I'm Vsove on PSN.
    Jump in the G&T clan and you'll never run out of people to play with!

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »

I'm Vsove on PSN.
    Jump in the G&T clan and you'll never run out of people to play with!

That thread is also quite a bit more active.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Rise of Iron is out tomorrow.

I know I'm going to be playing quite a bit, so anyone feel free to jump into my fireteam at any point and I'll probably do the same to people on my friend's list. PSN is Tetrereggaeton.

• Options
    G&T thread is crackling right now, if any of you homps are picking ROI up and play late at night on XBone I'd love to hang.

• Options
    Anyone down to run Fear's Embrace? For real this time! 10 or 15 minutes

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So.... I got sucked back into this. Looking at my cheevos I haven't played this since October 2014 so this should be interesting

Probably a few changes while I was away

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Lets fight atheon instead

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Okay question

What the heck are horns?

Also I was given 200 silver with the game + all expansions bundle I just bought, is that just for cosmetic stuff like emotes? Because there's a totally not Dark Souls "Praise the Sun Light" emote that I am absolutely buying if there isn't a very compelling better use for silver.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Horns are for honking when you're on your sparrow

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Lets fight atheon instead

no but really

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh, I'd avoided the Destiny grind until now but lo and behold the new stuff recommends light level 280 and here I am with my sad clown 250. Guess who's running level 36 Vanguard strikes tonight!

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Ugh, I'd avoided the Destiny grind until now but lo and behold the new stuff recommends light level 280 and here I am with my sad clown 250. Guess who's running level 36 Vanguard strikes tonight!
    Do some court of oryx. You'll get way too many blue engrams, good way to light level up fast.

This discussion has been closed.