As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Destiny: The Taken King. Like The Lion King, but with less regicide.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Antiquated runes do not drop

Prove me wrong

I have like 4 unused ones

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    this is not a good mission

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm gunna wait to hear about the sleeper stimulant stuff before trying it.

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy but the thrill of banging my head against Bungie's obscure riddle stuff without a guide in front of my face just seems real tiresome.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Antiquated runes do not drop

Prove me wrong

I have like 4 unused ones

I have not gotten a single one

I hate you

• Options
    Also I really hate that there is a fragment locked behind the first nightfall

• Options

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy but the thrill of banging my head against Bungie's obscure riddle stuff without a guide in front of my face just seems real tiresome.

people had everything you can do today figured out by the time I woke up this morning

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

people had everything you can do today figured out by the time I woke up this morning

oh i thought people were still working stuff out.

is there anything that has to be done today and today only?

• Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

oh i thought people were still working stuff out.

is there anything that has to be done today and today only?

@Cilla Black According to Bungie's twitter, it looks like this quest has to be done today, unfortunately. It will come back "eventually" though.

edit - reading the actual tweet makes it sound like they mean if you haven't unlocked the quest by today (by getting the four DVALIN fusion rifle relics to the gunsmith) then you'll have to wait until next time for it to unlock. So if you already have it unlocked, I'm not sure if you have to do it today. I would do it today to be sure if you have the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nti72/the_first_firewall_quest_available/

Boozer on
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I dunno I went to Mars for like ten minutes for my field test weapon and got one

Get on my level

• Options
    nightfall anybody

• Options
    Oh hey, heads up, First Firewall sounds like it's going to cycle in and out, not sure what the criteria for it showing up will be.

So make sure to get it done today

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    nightfall anybody

I'm up for it.

• Options
    nightfall anybody

I'm up for it.

that's 2

• Options
    anybody?

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Oh hey, heads up, First Firewall sounds like it's going to cycle in and out, not sure what the criteria for it showing up will be.

So make sure to get it done today

Well fuck, I have 1...

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I gotta say their First Firewall is pretty good cause after a big failure I don't care about trying to breach it anymore. I can't imagine doing this at 260 light without good arc weapons.

Edit: I mostly wish it didn't immediately throw you into the grinder upon respawn.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    whoooo wants in on a nightfall run?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    @Der Waffle Mous thanks for the invite but I decided to take some NyQuil and go to bed early to try and get ahead of this cold or whatever.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Thanks for the nightfart. That was fun.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Thanks for the nightfart. That was fun.

that strike goes from a breeze to real as fuck real fast on nightfall

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    getting a triple kill in the crucible with golden gun + exotic helmet for the final kills of the match is pretty tight

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    SLEEPER SIMULANT UPDATE
    The actual SS quest is now available from the Gunsmith, if you finished the Fusion Core puzzle from yesterday and turned it in. Let's goooooo

EDIT: Oh shit, part one is a 280-light Epic version of Fallen SABER

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Sweet I farmed my sword mats and now I have to wait until next armsday
    And I have to wait for an exoctic weapon drop

Boooourns

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    I had to go to bed before getting a Mars warsat because they don't actually exist so I assume I'm fucked if I didn't turn in the complete core to Banshee yesterday? I probably can't catch up today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    You should be fine

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think it was just the initial mission that was only up for yesterday.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i got this game (and a ps4) tuesday night

i'm only level 9 but it's fun and i think i like it

i'm Oh_No_Shabooty on psn

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I created a Warlock and a Titan last night, just for future runs if I want to check out new play styles
    Man this Titan is a beefy son of a bitch

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    The first curse quest is so dumb.

You need rank 5 gunsmith rep to start the quest, and yesterday was the first day it was possible to get there without abusing the reset glitch to get double rep. The first step of the quest is to get 100 kills with a handcannon while using a telemetry.

The second step is to wait for the next armsday. After you can only start the quest by doing armsday testing every single Wednesday for the last month. What the hell bungie

Best part is, the people who datamined the quest found out there is a second week long wait at the end. So that's 3 quests with bullshit time gates in them

• Options
    Eh, no need to get the gun right this second, doesn't really bother me too much

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I really don't like how they're doing quests that are only available for a day without giving proper warning when that day will be.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Eh, no need to get the gun right this second, doesn't really bother me too much

It's more that it's taken a month to start it, and then maybe 45 minutes to do the first step just to be told to wait more.

And it's not like this is the end of the quest, there are a bunch of crucible steps that need to be done that I can't work on at all. It's just like the sword quest, gating additional work (the crazy sunless strike) behind an arbitrary time gate is bad game design. The chaperone quest is the most benign of the 3, because it's the last step. If you happen to complete the rest of the quest on a Tuesday, then you just wait a week for the reward, you don't have to wait a week to do more tasks

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I hear you. I've made peace with the fact that I will always miss arms day and will make Xur every second weekend, at best.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Okay, yep

Sleeper Simulant is kind of the best

Maddoc on
  • Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Okay, yep

I'm confused. What is happening here???

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    JustTee wrote: »
    Okay, yep

I'm confused. What is happening here???

I think he shot the wall and the laser ricocheted back and hit him in the face?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    I really don't like how they're doing quests that are only available for a day without giving proper warning when that day will be.

yeah this bothers me a lot

there are two calcified fragments gated behind the 2 dreadnought nightfall strikes

• Options
    Yup, the laser ricochets

That dude just vaporized his face

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Trying to do the Exotic sword strike with randos is infuriating

Does anyone else still need the Exotic Arc Sword?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't even have the 25 flakes to get that first quest done yet.

So much stuff to do that's more fun that running around looking for chests.

This discussion has been closed.