As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Just Cause 3: Out now!

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    A yellow bull head for an available plot mission, a grey bull head for a plot mission whose requirements aren't yet met (and are listed in the description).

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Over 26 minutes on wingsuit wonder. Come at me.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah I hate when a game gives you freedom for all kinds of things, except story missions. Like why in everything else I can do some amazing shit, but in a story mission I have to follow your bullshit!

Its kind of like in Assasin's creed 3 you'd be the badest bad ass that ever lived until you hit a cutscene and became a simpering baby.

The worst part? Rico does cool cutscene things the game engine would actually allow you to do yourself.

You don't even get to do it!

It's like, excuse me? Did I just beat this mission? Yes? Then I get to do the cool thing. Go have a nap cutscene animator. I'll let you know when I need you.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    Over 26 minutes on wingsuit wonder. Come at me.

Oh it's on.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I think my game is broken.

It crashed (on PC) just as I finished liberating the 1st town for the actor guy's rebel drop mission. Now when I load in, I have a grey, locked icon for the mission and it's telling me to liberate the town that is already liberated.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    i think my favorite liberations to do are the massive airport and seaport ones.

The first time I did one of the seaports I went around a big area and wrecked everything and then I checked the map and realized I'd only done about a third of the dang thing.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    i think my favorite liberations to do are the massive airport and seaport ones.

The first time I did one of the seaports I went around a big area and wrecked everything and then I checked the map and realized I'd only done about a third of the dang thing.

The seaport ones are great. Commandeer a patrol boat and you've got all the dakka you could possibly want

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh and I love spherical fuel tanks.

There was one outpost, I hit one of those with a RPG and I didn't have to fire another shot. Explosion took out everything else.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Finally got my game!
    Uh, why an I getting no voice audio on Xbox One?? All sound effects and music are coming through, but no voices... Great.
    And why the frak does it take liked two minutes to "log in" to the bloody main menu?!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

There was one outpost, I hit one of those with a RPG and I didn't have to fire another shot. Explosion took out everything else.

You can tether and break their supports..... then tether the sphere and have it roll in any direction you want.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

You can tether and break their supports..... then tether the sphere and have it roll in any direction you want.

Can you then tether it to a helicopter and use it as a suicidal wrecking ball? Please say yes

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Can you then tether it to a helicopter and use it as a suicidal wrecking ball? Please say yes

Bomb.

The word you are looking for is bomb.

Wrecking balls do not detonate on contact. :P

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    I still like fishing with copters. Just tagging them with a tow line to the ground and reeling them in.

Something I found out something today that I know believe works for all tethering.

So when you hold reel in before you actually do something that involves the grapple, the effect is much stronger than usual. I thought this only applied to slingshot.

At least, until I started trying to tether helicopters to the ground. See what would happen is the little buggers would resist. They'd go NOPE and DONT WANNA and actually right themselves. And trying to land that second tether on them was kinda hard. Even tethering two helicopters together would have them do a weird little dance where they'd somehow become the greatest helicopter pilots in the universe and fail to smash into each other. I have seen these fuckers do a cartwheel on the spot ten meters off the ground and right themselves.

Now its important to know here that my default way of flying is to just hold reel in all the time. I'm always going for speed.

So I was flying along in my wingsuit, I tethered a helicopter to the ground without letting go of reel in. It went from up to splat in half a second.

It was as if God had reached up out of the ground, grabbed the tether, and ripped it out of the sky.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    You know.
    Every single time I boot up this game I get better at flying. You'd think you'd cap out after like a week.

Apparently this games flight doesn't do skill caps.

• Options
    Do you know where the challenges are that let you strengthen the tethers? I only found one so far and it only gives me enough to get more tethers.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXX5hPKafl8

This video has time stamps in the description/info. Click each one and at the start it shows you where it is. You have to guess the relevant base, which isn't too hard.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    http://gfycat.com/DistinctLankyDiplodocus

Looks like they had to... catch a train. </csi-miami>

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Getting the wingsuit grapple unlocked is intense. That combined with a new understanding of vertical wingsuiting has resulted in me being able to rocket up 300 or 400 meters from the ground on one good grapple, like I'm a cruise missile.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Why must this game disappoint me so??
    Am I the only one on XBox and having issues? The first time I thought the issue was caused by a bad disc install (it went surprisingly quick). Second install took a much more expected amount of time, but still no go. I've installed from disc three separate times and it's driving me crazy that I have a game that looks so gorgeous but I can't play it because half of it doesn't work!

Tweeted at Just Cause, told me to contact Square Enix support (no response yet). More tweeting, disappointment. Can't even get a refund because it has one-use codes with it!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Why must this game disappoint me so??
    Am I the only one on XBox and having issues? The first time I thought the issue was caused by a bad disc install (it went surprisingly quick). Second install took a much more expected amount of time, but still no go. I've installed from disc three separate times and it's driving me crazy that I have a game that looks so gorgeous but I can't play it because half of it doesn't work!

Tweeted at Just Cause, told me to contact Square Enix support (no response yet). More tweeting, disappointment. Can't even get a refund because it has one-use codes with it!

I think JC3 caused me to have to hard boot my bone because I left it going during sleep mode and then I couldn't boot the bone up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I've hard rebooted, reinstalled, changed my audio settings. During gameplay I can barely hear characters (had to turn sfx and music way down and voices max, and crank up my volume).

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I finally fucking did it

"The Floor is Lava" while liberating an Oil Rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waP-y3UtiDg

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Skidzilla360/video/13182240

Rico was feeling a bit 'Cowtoed'. Riding his 'Cowasaki' motorbike. He can really 'moooove' when he wants to. </csi-miami-overload-error>

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    oh man

Excavators

So much fun to take down

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I really like destroying those radar towers that have the three red bars spaced around them. When they explode I love to grapple onto a bit of the wreckage as its falling down.

9 times out of 10 this has jackass style consequences, but every now and again I slip through the wreckage and get a clear flight with bits falling down around me.
    It feels so good.

I beat the story.

Second last mission unlocks
    That bavarium nuke launcher

:)

Trust me though, don't take it into the next mission. Take the Fireleech.

Anyway, I can confirm that you get to reoppress bases. I have been working on this one base I really like with really interesting layout for wingsuiting around, trying to do a floor is lava run on it. I think I'm onto my fifth run of that base.

Anyone who works in that base is like
    Guard1 : "Rico is coming!"
    Guard2: "What, again? Doesn't he have anything better to do?"

Rico: "Aw looks like they don't want me here."

Guard2: "Fuck no I don't you goddam OCD Jackass, leave us alone!"

*BOOM*

Guards: "AAAAARGH"

Rico: "Hehehe"

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I wish I had pictures but I've seen a few little memorials in game for people I'm pretty sure were the devs' friends and/or relatives. Really quite touching.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Yeah I've come across a few. No more though. My pc is dead. Won't power on. Icing on a really shitty night of work. Great way to end the bastard night.

Edit: motherfffff I'm £20off from being able to get it on psn. :(

Big Classy on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Shadowplay hates my computer or this game for some reason. It just refuses to capture the game half the time, even though it's running.

Have they patched this at all yet? Played a few hours last night and other than one crash and one instance of slowdown, it seemed to run a lot better.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Shadowplay hates my computer or this game for some reason. It just refuses to capture the game half the time, even though it's running.

Have they patched this at all yet? Played a few hours last night and other than one crash and one instance of slowdown, it seemed to run a lot better.

Nope! It's still running the base 1.0 version of the game. They made an announcement after launch that they're working on a patch and it will take a bit, but no news since then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Parachute climber of 3.03 km. I could of had 3.04 but I forgot to hit release.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Release? You mean cancelling the cord as you go up the mountain so you float up higher?

That reminds me.

If you grapple up to something then cancel the grapple you float up a bit from the momentum.

If you do the fast grapple and cancel you float up really high.

You can use the normal version to quickly get up onto a ledge without needing to use the auto wall jump.

And the fast version has a huge amount of uses since the height you get is pretty considerable.

For example, float up, fire off a shot of something, drop back down. Pop up Rico.

"Surprise!"

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    http://imgur.com/ka7x8xX

Kinda related a story of my own. So I am still trying to take out this huge base without touching the ground and just because I'm crazy I'm also going for Without Bullets (cos if I do an achievement I like to make it interesting) and without getting knocked out of the sky by flaks or enemies or colliding with anything or even attaching to walls or floors. The only thing I'm allowed to do is be in parachute, wingsuit, normal free fall, or simply falling. Nothing else is allowed period.

These are strict conditions! I'm having a ball and more importantly learning a TON.

For example, flak cannons can be basically neutered by simplying moving close enough to them that the soldier gets out. Cos, I dunno why, but they don't seem to get back on after you move away....

Anyway that's not my story.

My story is this. So I can't use explosives, and this base happens to have a 4 helicopter reinforcement spawn in it, and those helicopters are the bigger ones that you can't grapple into each other or onto the ground easily, even with the stronger technique I talked about. You can do it but its a pain and takes way too long while they are shooting you up.

So I had this plan right? I left the radar towers in this base alone and when they showed up I was grappling them onto the radar tower. This would blow them up and damage the tower. Two birds one stone etc etc.

Anyone so I was floating around the middle part of one of these towers trying to tether the last helicopter to it and then I landed on something.

It was the shattered remains of a previous helicopter now tethered to the tower. I landed on its "wing".

Morninglord on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    As in the challenge ends when you stop parachuting, not when you hit your peak. I hit 3.04 km and then fell down to 3 km, then boosted up back to 3.03 km and closed my parachute.

Also found a base defended by a Barvium Nuke. I thought is was pretty funny.

Solider 1: it's Rico, call in the Nuke!
    Solider 2: you idiot, you've killed is all!
    Solider 1: huh?
    Solider 2: the Nuke is targeted to Rico
    Solider 1: yeah and?
    Solider 2: And where is Rico
    *Rico glides over head in a parachute*
    Rico: Why are you two just standing around?
    *Rico circles over head waiting for answer*
    Solider 1: crap.....

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Oh that reminds me, I was going nuts with the nuke on small outposts from the sky and got clipped by a gas canister rocketing out of the inferno.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Anyone playing this on PS4? \i nkow load timesare pertty inconsistent but other than that, is it alright?
    \my pc kicked the bucket but \i really need o get my Just Cause fix.

• Options
    So those of you who, like me, couldn't stand the story and would only be willing to do it for a reward.

Well here is one of those rewards.

https://youtu.be/GX1F-OU_xIc

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Anyone playing this on PS4? \i nkow load timesare pertty inconsistent but other than that, is it alright?
    \my pc kicked the bucket but \i really need o get my Just Cause fix.

From what I've played, it's been alright. I had one instance where things just went bad, stuff started slowing down and the motion blur was Type-0 levels of nauseating but it was cleared up by going to the main menu and going back into the game and I had another where scripting broke at the end of a mission and I got stuck in some weird first-person camera state when a cutscene was supposed to play, which was again solved by going to the menu and resuming but those are the only problems I've had.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    The ps4 can have stuttering problems, framerate problems, and occasional hitches, but the real horror story load times are apparently on the xbox.