Options

Just Cause 3: Out now!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    You can ride a fucking cow.

I should've taken a whole week off for this.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm trying to work out how to buy this now.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    It has been bumped the fuck up on my list.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The explosions doesn't do it. The wingsuit didn't do it. The refined driving mechanics didn't do it. The graphical awesomeness doesn't do it. But Rico riding a cow sells it. :lol:

• Options
    No, those all sold it. I just literally couldn't afford it. I still can't. But I can definitely go that extra mile to save money to see if I can squeeze it in there.

Cos letting you ride a cow tells me they thought of fucking everything.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    But can I use the grapple gun while riding the cow?

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    The explosions doesn't do it. The wing-suit didn't do it. The refined driving mechanics didn't do it. The graphical awesomeness doesn't do it. But Rico riding a cow sells it. :lol:
    You could say, the steaks have been raised....

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    IMPORTANT QUESTION

Can you slap thrusters to the cows ass, THEN ride it through the air?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    IMPORTANT QUESTION

Can you slap thrusters to the cows ass, THEN ride it through the air?

I'm sure you can tether a rocket to the cow.

Take it all the way to the mooooo-n!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    GOTY.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    So like.

Create a slingshot with a cow.
    Then
    Stick a rocket on it
    Stick c4 on the rocket
    Get on the cow, slingshot the cow and detonate the c4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhZ2X9znPxM

Morninglord on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Plant much C4 on cow
    Tether cow to plane
    Fly plane to great height
    Eject from plane and harpoon your way onto the cow
    Disengage tether
    Reenact final scene from Dr Strange Love

GOTY
    I hope cowboy hats are available

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I was also thinking since you can move around freely while riding on planes now you could glide a plane over a field of cows and snatch one on the way past.

Close encounters of the Rico kind.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I was also thinking since you can move around freely while riding on planes now you could glide a plane over a field of cows and snatch one on the way past.

Close encounters of the Rico kind.

I came in like a wrecowing ball..

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Can cows be saved in the garage?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Can cows be saved in the garage?

Asking the real questions.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    That would allow cows to be provided via airdrop

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I got a $10 "come back and buy stuff!" code from Newegg last week, decided to use it on a JC3 preorder. $50 and no tax (basically would have to be 45 local after tax). Next week can't come soon enough!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The other rideable vehicles get nitrous if you have them upgraded.

Do...do cows count as rideable vehicles? Because I want a nitro cow.

• Options
    Stick some rocket c4 on it and you got yourself a nitro cow. It even has a flourish one the nitro depletes!

• Options
  • Options
    I'm above the minimum and below the recommended. Hope I don't get any major slowdowns.
    Cos this is bought!
    Here I come cows!

You are all going to the moon.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    If it's anything like JC2, it'll run smooth as a dream with even minimum specifications. You just might need to turn down some of the detail.

• Options
    The Avalanche 2.0 engine scales remarkably well. Very few people should have trouble with running it.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    More recently, Mad Max runs and looks fantastic as well.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Orca wrote: »
    If it's anything like JC2, it'll run smooth as a dream with even minimum specifications. You just might need to turn down some of the detail.

I actually had framerate problems in certain cities/locations on my machine and it was above minimum.
    They were rare, but existed.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkZYQqWQKt4

Oh my god! The cows and the propulsion mines... SOLD!

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Super stoked for this tonight. JC2 is still the top of my list of games that I've never beaten, but have sunk 50+ hours in to. The destruction playground aspect of the JC games is just something else. So much crazy fun to be had.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    It's almost here! I ordered a physical copy from Newegg, so I'm not really sure if I'll have it waiting at home tomorrow (haven't gotten any ship notice yet...) or if they're rude about it and don't even ship until release date. But either way I'll have it soon!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Having learned absolutely nothing from the GMG Battlefront fiasco, I have ordered this from GMG.

Yay!

Edit: And I already have a key, lol. Nevermind me. :)

jdarksun on
  • Options
    I hope they have something as awesome as that blimp techno club in JC3.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    There's an island to the north-west of the map that looks a lot like the weird 'Lost'-homage island from JC2.

Maybe there will be another hatch. :)

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Aw man, this doesn't unlock until 8pm. We go to sleep early. In this household going to bed at 9:30 is an inviolate rule (I just get up earlier).
    Sigh. It's the 1st right now. Let me play damn you.

I want to blow up some cows already.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I hope they have something as awesome as that blimp techno club in JC3.

It's gonna be hard for JC3 to beat "secret island filled with old WWII Japanese soldiers maintaining a big-ass weather machine that fries you with lightning if you get too close".

But I believe.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I never saw lost so I didn't actually understand the big deal. It was just a kinda boring island. :P
    It's cool that it was in there but the flying disco club was more relatable.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I never saw lost so I didn't actually understand the big deal. It was just a kinda boring island. :P

We live in a spoiled gaming age where something like that doesn't thrill us like it once did.
    I used to be able to find easter eggs like that and just appreciate that they exist. Nowadays if I find a hidden area, it has to DO something for me to appreciate it.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    vamen wrote: »

We live in a spoiled gaming age where something like that doesn't thrill us like it once did.
    I used to be able to find easter eggs like that and just appreciate that they exist. Nowadays if I find a hidden area, it has to DO something for me to appreciate it.

Where the hell did that come from?

I already said it's cool that it was in there....

I think you read some other guys post and confused it for mine.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    I think he's just giving his own take on the subject, don't think its directed at criticising yours.

• Options
    Fair enough, but just to be clear, I got no problem with the easter egg. It was a cool looking island when I approached it, and it was fun to explore. I just don't have the emotional connection to the show thats all.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I think he's just giving his own take on the subject, don't think its directed at criticising yours.

Yes, that.
    And that I could relate to you finding it to be a boring island even if our reasons are different. I loved Lost and still just sort of said "meh" to it. Finding it, on the other hand, was a lot of fun for me.

Anyway Morninglord, I assure you I was giving no criticism =). Just my view on how I see that sort of stuff these days. Though I wish I didn't and was less jaded!

vamen on