Options

Just Cause 3: Out now!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Played around for a bit last night. Seems to be running relatively well. I wish I'd installed it to my SSD but Fallout 4 is taking up most of that space currently.

I got stuck on trying to liberate a village where the only thing left is a picture of a van with a speaker on top. I roamed around town for quite a while and never saw anything that seemed relevant, and there's no icon on the map either. Also I am predictably terrible a wingsuit courses. I slammed Rico's into the edges of that tunnel enterance over and over.

Yeah, some of those takeover objectives are super hard to find. I ended up just strafing a whole town with a helicopter at one point to just make sure every single thing was blown up.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Played around for a bit last night. Seems to be running relatively well. I wish I'd installed it to my SSD but Fallout 4 is taking up most of that space currently.

I got stuck on trying to liberate a village where the only thing left is a picture of a van with a speaker on top. I roamed around town for quite a while and never saw anything that seemed relevant, and there's no icon on the map either. Also I am predictably terrible a wingsuit courses. I slammed Rico's into the edges of that tunnel enterance over and over.

Yeah, some of those takeover objectives are super hard to find. I ended up just strafing a whole town with a helicopter at one point to just make sure every single thing was blown up.

Agreed. It's super frustrating. I did one time see the remaining objectives show up on the main map, but it only happened once and I have NO idea what triggered it.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

I got stuck on trying to liberate a village where the only thing left is a picture of a van with a speaker on top. I roamed around town for quite a while and never saw anything that seemed relevant, and there's no icon on the map either. Also I am predictably terrible at wingsuit courses. I slammed Rico's face into the edges of that tunnel entrance over and over.

Propaganda van.

Look for the red van driving around with speakers on it droning about the glory of whatever the fuck now blow it up.

Don't go under the tunnel for your first time. Go around the side.

Also I took out a base that was being fucking bomb strafed the entire time by keeping moving with wingsuit and parachute.
    I died several times but you get all your boom booms back each time, so I just kept going back and blowing up more of their shit while staying airborn the whole time until there wasn't anything left.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    nVidia's driver for JC3 dropped a little bit ago. Giving it a spin, seeing if the performance is any better for older cards.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Also I took out a base that was being fucking bomb strafed the entire time by keeping moving with wingsuit and parachute.
    I died several times but you get all your boom booms back each time, so I just kept going back and blowing up more of their shit while staying airborn the whole time until there wasn't anything left.

I did the same, and now my rebel bros are occupying the place, but it's still getting bombarded whenever I show up, which is hilarious.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I'm using the steam controller and it seems great so far, got it set to controller with mouse aim + mouse gyro which should work, I just wish there was a way to stop the button prompts changing! It's great that games do that if you swap inputs but it doesn't work too well for the steam controller

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

I got stuck on trying to liberate a village where the only thing left is a picture of a van with a speaker on top. I roamed around town for quite a while and never saw anything that seemed relevant, and there's no icon on the map either. Also I am predictably terrible at wingsuit courses. I slammed Rico's face into the edges of that tunnel entrance over and over.

Propaganda van.

Look for the red van driving around with speakers on it droning about the glory of whatever the fuck now blow it up.

Don't go under the tunnel for your first time. Go around the side.

I did eventually notice I could go around the tunnel instead. I'm getting a bit better at the wingsuit/parachute traversal.
    The van I'll need to check and see if it's around once I get back to playing. I figured it was something along those lines but couldn't find any trace of it.
    I did have a rather large battle throughout town involving tanks and helicopters, so it's possible they took off or got trapped somewhere unusual.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I kept slamming into that tunnel face over and over when I first tried it. After playing for several hours last night and this morning, using the wingsuit a ton, I went back and five starred every wingsuit challenge on the starting island.
    It's got a hefty learning curve, and I recommend using it to traverse the game world.
    If you are about to hit something, switch to parachute and switch back.

Now I'm heading south to blow up more shit so I can get even better at wingsuiting. Mwuahaha.

The best way to describe how you need to approach the wingsuit is to think about a hundred to two hundred meters ahead of where you are.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Anybody know how to use vehicle turrets?

Edit: Press and hold the "enter vehicle" button, got it.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Funny ass glitch while riding a Ute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqVIucbxIbs

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Haha that was great.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Oh man less than an hour in and it's so good. Feel free to add me on steam, the high score charts for all the random stuff is so awesome. I love that kind of thing. I'll out grapple you all!

• Options
    edited December 2015
    My only problem with this game is my recurrent rsi in my left hand makes the default controls for parachuting, grappling and movement very uncomfortable.
    I had to use a 3rd party program to stick grapple on r1, winch in on l1 and throw grenade on l2.
    It's still not ideal and I'm thinking of swapping the grenade with...something, but the real bitch is that this throws off all the vehicle commands. And the menu commands, I gave up and just switched to mouse for those.
    Sigh.
    I really wish games would allow full controller customisation. Just let me customise the on foot stuff separately to the vehicle stuff.
    They can do it for keyboards ffs.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Soapbox car! "What are you, some kind of action hero?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkguZxWv-Fg

• Options
    Having spent more time with it now, it's pretty fun! It is kinda buggy though. I've definitely run into the stuttering performance issues. At first it was just hitching once in a while for a second but otherwise ran very smoothly, but later repeating a mission the second time it got waaaay choppy. Still playable and all, but hopefully they'll quick fix some of that. I'm on a GTX 770 and an i7 4770k.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Minor niggle: I'm not a super huge fan of the reel in out of wingsuit being locked behind 68 fucking gears worth of upgrades.
    It's a pain in the ass to have to tap parachute, wait out the animation, then tap it again to reel in.
    That should be unlockable way earlier.
    Falling a little too much in love with their modding unlock idea there.
    I'd be a lot less annoyed if you could simply double tap parachute to instantly reel in, but you can't. There's a small animation delay you have to wait out.

Sigh.

I'm just gonna have to blow up the goddam world until I get what I want.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The load times on PS4 are atrocious... holy fucking shit, they're bad.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    The load times on PS4 are atrocious... holy fucking shit, they're bad.

Maybe it's punishment for you beating all my stats within minutes of me getting on the board, you ass.

But yeah, that initial loading time is looooooong and so are the event retries. Hope that's getting patched in the near future.

Other than that, this game is wonderfully nuts.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Yeah, hope there's a patch coming very soon. Outside of the load times, this is an awesome game.

Also, if I crushed any of your explosion stats, it may be because I stumbled upon an attack chopper with both missiles and heavy missiles in a military compound. I just Michael Bay'd the shit outta everything!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Minor niggle: I'm not a super huge fan of the reel in out of wingsuit being locked behind 68 fucking gears worth of upgrades.
    It's a pain in the ass to have to tap parachute, wait out the animation, then tap it again to reel in.
    I'd be a lot less annoyed if you could simply double tap parachute to instantly reel in, but you can't. There's a small animation delay you have to wait out.

Sigh.

Or even if there was a way to land the wingsuit without upgrades.... or cancel the wingsuit into a freefall.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    How does the frame rate hold up on the ps4 you guys? People are crying about it, but people always cry about that stuff and pronounce games "unplayable" all hyperbolic like.

• Options
    lol, I just blew up everything in an army base without firing a shot.
    WARNING: AIR STRIKES ON YOUR POSITION!

...ok. So walk to the red stuff, wait until I'm targeted, then move? Gotcha.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Having spent more time with it now, it's pretty fun! It is kinda buggy though. I've definitely run into the stuttering performance issues. At first it was just hitching once in a while for a second but otherwise ran very smoothly, but later repeating a mission the second time it got waaaay choppy. Still playable and all, but hopefully they'll quick fix some of that. I'm on a GTX 770 and an i7 4770k.
    @SniperGuy What settings are you using? I basically put everything to "low" to get a sustained 60 fps, then tinkered with shit (Aniso -> 16x, AA -> SMAA, Shadow Quality -> Very High, Texture Quality -> High). Dropped me down to 30, but it's a sustained 30 which is better than I was getting with the NVidia optimizations (at least prior to the driver release today).

Starting to think my i5 2500K is part of the problem.

• Options
    I moved Textures to Very High and I think left shadow quality and everything else where it was. Haven't really tinkered yet. It did seem to work pretty well at first. Maybe I need more RAM. 8gb right now though.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    How does the frame rate hold up on the ps4 you guys? People are crying about it, but people always cry about that stuff and pronounce games "unplayable" all hyperbolic like.

There's a pretty noticeable drop if there's a shit ton of explosions happening around you. It doesn't make the game unplayable, though.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I really like how the upgrades in this game are totally along the lines of "this would be pretty awesome to have, so here you go".

First upgrade for rebel-dropped cars? Nitro. Second upgrade? Being able to make cars jump.

So you do something like two races and can have nitro-boosted jumping cars. And they go a looooooong way if you boost and jump at the right time.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Next time you're liberating a city, instead of blowing up the propaganda van, get inside.

Rico will play some music through the speakers that will sound familiar to anyone who played JC2.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Sigh.

Or even if there was a way to land the wingsuit without upgrades.... or cancel the wingsuit into a freefall.

Yeah its annoying to have to switch to parachute just to land.

I generally don't like it when something doesn't even have its core systems in place. It doesn't really feel super rewarding to have to work my butt off to get what I should have already gotten at the start.

At least all the other upgrade trees are fully intact at the start, with the upgrades being genuine bonuses. So really its just this one tree that isn't well thought out.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    SaboSabo Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I'm having fun beating all your records on the Challanges (as RC Wise). So much fun! :)

Sabo on
  • Options
    David Tennant's radio announcer voice is great. Everything is fine. We took those buildings down for remodeling.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    David Tennant's radio announcer voice is great. Everything is fine. We took those buildings down for remodeling.

Yeah that wasjust the icing on an already amazing cake for me. I knew I was going to love this game but wow, just WOW.

• Options
    Btw people on PC. There is a bug with online that can cause it to eat your saves.
    Onine is also associated with performance issues.
    I play offline.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    How do disable the online stuff, there's no toggle for it in the menus? Also crashed to desktop just now. I've not had that happen in a game for a while!

• Options
    Go offline with steam.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    This game guys. This game.

• Options
    Btw people on PC. There is a bug with online that can cause it to eat your saves.
    Onine is also associated with performance issues.
    I play offline.

Well that's disappointing. Does it still update your stats somehow? I saw you on my leaderboards yesterday..but maybe that was before you decided to play offline?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Decided to take out an entire base while hanging from an enemy chopper, but then... Wellllll
    https://youtu.be/9k4BvAN4ndc

• Options
    Decided to take out an entire base while hanging from an enemy chopper, but then... Wellllll
    https://youtu.be/9k4BvAN4ndc

The Matrix has you.

• Options
    Source? Saves aren't cloud enabled or anything, seems unlikely.