Options

Just Cause 3: Out now!

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    You can fast travel to any discovered point but it takes a flare. Fast travel to points you have liberated is free.
    I just finished liberating everywhere in the first two islands.
    Wingsuit landing is so good! No more awkwardness.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You can fast travel to any discovered point but it takes a flare. Fast travel to points you have liberated is free.

WHAT!! That's an unlock? Shit that is awesome.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Still a little surprising that the centcoms count as discovered without ever having been to it.

Morninglord, could you go online and send me a call-out if you've beaten me on any of the feat leaderboards? I'd like to get the achievement for beating a call-out.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    ok

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Just because Rico is a state-of-the-art dictator-removing badass doesn't mean he won't help out the citizens with their problems. Just look at how helpful he is...
    https://youtu.be/62IAYFp9LTU

Good Samaritan? More like BEST Samaritan!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'd love to stream this game but since it's running DX11 but is trying to hook DX10 it's not working with OBS for the time being.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I'd love to stream this game but since it's running DX11 but is trying to hook DX10 it's not working with OBS for the time being.
    Got an NVidia card? Shadowplay is not super resource intensive, and outputs descent quality.

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have two nvidia cards.

I haven't tried shadowplay. Maybe I will look into it.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I've done some Shadowplay with this game and it seems to work pretty well after the first one was unwatchable. I like it a lot. There is definitely some heavy hitching at times, hopefully they can iron that out pretty quickly. I'm on a 770 and an i7 4770k.

Was wingsuiting down a mountain assuming I'd be getting away from the enemies and a barrage of missiles started flying past me from a chasing helicopter. "Oh god dive dive dive" is a fun thing to shout in a video game.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It runs! With the beta AMD drivers I finally got the game to not crash in the first mission.

Only it still hitches and locks up a lot during the first liberation of Manaea. Maybe I should just wait till things get fixed.

I'm also terrible at parachutes and wingsuits.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I'm also terrible at parachutes and wingsuits.
    Practice that shit, it's a level of movement freedom rarely felt in video games. Totally worth it.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Please, anyone who plays this game, even if you've never practised a video game thing in your life, please practice using the wingsuit.
    For me.
    Because I love you and want you to be happy.
    Because I love everything and everyone right now because this is the best thing.
    The best thing.
    The.
    Best.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Just give me a jet pack or angel wings. There's some speed.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Also if you really want ot be able to fly, like really fly, use a controller.
    Switch to kb and m for shooting if you must, the game supports hot swap, but if you wanna be able to fly for realsies, controller is mandatory.
    I tried it on the keyboard and its awful. You need the fine tuned control of an analogue stick because its so responsive. A tiny touch, and he moves a tiny bit. Just what you need. Gentle pressure turns into a gentle arc.
    On a keyboard this is impossible, a single tap and you are shoved around the sky with big jerky motions.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I dunno I've managed to 5 star a few wingsuit courses with the keyboard. I haven't had any problems really, other than just me being terrible. Planes are tricky though.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Oh you can do it, sure.
    You are just doing it with sub par controls that's all.

Unrelated, just more flying.

https://youtu.be/P7-Lm6EsxCQ

Morninglord on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    holy crappers you guys this is fun

Only had a chance to play the first 2 hours so far but loving it. Game runs fantastic on my GTX970 as well so I'm happy about that, sad to hear it's having issues for others :\

edit - reading back a bit for those with problems. I have i7-2600k and 8gigs of ram. My processor is oooold (Jan 2011) and it's crazy how ever since sandybridge processors (for desktops) just kind of don't matter. All about video cards these days. A few months ago I upgraded from a AMD 6950 (also from Jan 2011) to this new GTX970 and haven't ever had any issues since, I'm running this game completely maxed out and aren't getting any hitching at all.

So, if you like me you a older video card, it seems like these days games are finally starting to push them.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Starting to think my i5 2500K is part of the problem.
    it's definitely not

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    There is a great deal of amusement to be had when it comes to tethers and enemy helicopters. I was so chuffed when I convinced one to nose dive into a fuel tank as it was zipping overhead. <3

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I tied a helicopter to a cliff.
    It struggled valiantly to pull itself away until the tether broke and then wobbled victoriously into the sky.
    So I used two.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I wish I could play this, but it just wont work for me. It was crashing every 10 minutes, got to the start of the first liberation thing but it crashed again, so I updated to the new drivers. Now the ground is invisible, though I can still see buildings.

I'm pretty bummed, even when it is running the game stutters and has frame rate issues up the wazoo.

I wish I could refund it, but it was a gift and steam won't let you refund gifts. I feel bad because @Big Classy was very kind and gave me a copy, but I'll likely never end up playing it, by the time they get it working I'll be onto something new and it will just end up relegated to my crazy backlog.

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I just set up a record thing thanks to chocobolcious.
    https://youtu.be/7gBXca1ZViI

Big Classy on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Big Classy wrote: »

I really wish there was a single button I could press that would instantly cancel my wingsuit/parachute and reel into my grapple target. Having to go from wingsuit -> parachute -> unparachute -> reel in to land is such a PITA. I know there's a similar perk but it seems fairly late game.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    You can close the wingsuit and then reel and that one is not late game if you do all the wingsuit challenges. I have only finished the first two islands. I still have the whole main landmass and the little bunch of islands to the south west to go.

But yes you shouldn't have to buy the damn upgrades just to make the wingsuit not clunky to land. It's very silly.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Found this (its not me)

snip

Lovely. Absolutely lovely. That slow pan.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Wingsuiting through some tunnels and shit.

https://youtu.be/_1byAz7fpuc

I love this game.

• Options
    So.
    Want to make a sharp right turn or greater in the wingsuit? Switch to parachute then switch back to wingsuit while pointing in the direction you want to go. He'll flip around mid air and start heading in that direction.

You're welcome.

• Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »

I really wish there was a single button I could press that would instantly cancel my wingsuit/parachute and reel into my grapple target. Having to go from wingsuit -> parachute -> unparachute -> reel in to land is such a PITA. I know there's a similar perk but it seems fairly late game.

You don't need a perk to do it while parachuting. Just press A while you're reeling and you cancel your parachute and reel to your target.

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    If you are fast enough you can actually start the reel in wingsuit, then tap A, wait a very short delay, and tap A again. Unfortunately you can't buffer the second A press. You need to time it. Do it right and you reel in to whatever you started reeling while wingsuiting.
    Sometimes this results in some pretty funky long reel times because the parachute can send you zoom up and flying past where you were, then you cancel the parachute and you suddenly shoot backwards.
    I did this once and flew straight over a soldiers head, then stopped mid air and did a flying reel kick into the back of his head and he went flying forwards into the camera.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    My main issue seems to be not accidentally shooting off a tether when I want to tether myself to stuff.

Lotta games seem to have "Press X, Hold X" as two separate, often contrasting functions.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Watching these videos, I'm beginning to see why I'm in like 40th place on my friend leaderboards.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    @Viking has 20minutes on the wingsuit wonder challenge. TWENTY FREAKING MINUTES.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    You can grapple while doing that.
    You could probably get longer than that just grappling around the southern large island. It's got nice long slow curves without any annoying trees and what not to trip you up.
    If you sat down and did a big circle around a safe easy to traverse area you could probably get hours.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Yeah it's more the sheet patience of it all. I got to under 9minutes and my mind couldn't handle it.

• Options
    jc3lovelyunderwatertractor.gif

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Speaking of tractors, I laughed pretty hard at the comment when I brought one to the garage.
    Rico. That's a tractor.

• Options
    I found the Mile High Club. Not so high anymore.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I always enjoy flying in games but it's never really 'fun' per se. It's usually just pointing in a direction and waiting. I actually thought the first Iron Man game (based on the movie) - flawed as it was - had fun flying, but not really anything since then. But mostly it's cool to fly but that's it.
    This flying is PURE fun. It's rare I get a rush from something in a game, but climbing up a hill at high speeds in your suit and missing slamming into the ground by a literal foot has had me holding my breath several times. So, so good.

EDIT - Not a story spoiler, just a location sort of spoiler in ref to JC2.
    I'm disappointed that the Mile High Club is wrecked now. I LOVED the blimp in JC2 and was hoping it (or something like it) would return.

vamen on