As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    danger room could draw a lot of folks back in if it lives up to the hype, I think

it's not that diablo 3 adds content any more frequently, but it has the hook of trying to beat higher and higher grifts. In MH once you get to max-ish gear you can... farm cosmic midtown forever I guess?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SmagglerSmaggler Registered User regular
    Agree so much. No new levels/content made me depart. Magik looks cool but won't hold me without new stuffs. Defense upgrade took way to long to hold my interest. Danger room is the last great hope here, and the idea they may actually start churning out new content.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I don't understand the hype for the danger room. From what I have seen it is basically just like doing 3 or 4 terminals in a row with random restrictions.

Also, why would the Danger Room be level 60 only? The entire point of the actual Danger Room is that you help students understand how to use powers and teamwork without actually facing "real" danger.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    It is like anything in an ARPG. It has different affixes for what the room will contain so it add some element of randomness. Which has been a common complaint. It then adds in several layers of difficulty. So there is new content that can be tough to complete. For example in the first set they didnt have much more than two difficulties but the second one easily destroyed my very well geared Jean if I stood in the red.

And then it adds a way in game to farm red and blue boxes and 50 stacks of relics.

It will be a welcome change to anyone that will play the game with it. Will it be enough to bring in those of us that have over 2k hours in the game and are on break? Perhaps. For awhile. But I still cannot play D3 because grifts are just as horribly grindy as anything in MH. And loot hording in that game is worse.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    I don't understand the hype for the danger room. From what I have seen it is basically just like doing 3 or 4 terminals in a row with random restrictions.

Also, why would the Danger Room be level 60 only? The entire point of the actual Danger Room is that you help students understand how to use powers and teamwork without actually facing "real" danger.

It's repeatable content that's actually random, whereas things like terminals have a very similar layout every time and the same fights, Danger Room is different every run. That, to me, is way more interesting then farming the same ICP or cosmic terminal over and over.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    Danger room is basically taking the best thing about Path Of Exile.

to me the one thing that is missing from MH is decent loot akin to the diablo series. it is kind of tied into the number of heroes MH has. archetype sets are popular.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    nOv0d6R.jpg

New BP costume.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Slap a cape on him and hello, Bat-person.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Is Magik part of the Advanced Pack 2, or is she an extra?

Lost track of releases over the year.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    She is part of Advance Pack 2, she filled one of the unannounced slots. Iron Fist and Black Cat are the last two to be released. They were talking about possibly not doing a full Advance Pack 3, but instead just selling them in 3 packs so they can have more flexibility about adding heroes.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Do we have an official release date for Magik, yet?

Also, I didn't log in to do any of the Halloween stuff but I do have these candies/pumpkins in my inventory. Are they used for anything or am I safe to vendor them?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Looking at the test center forum, defense rework sounds like a mess so far.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Looking at the test center forum, defense rework sounds like a mess so far.

I can't wait for another year of them adjusting heroes for this new system to not even quite finish up before they move onto the next system level revamp.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Do we have an official release date for Magik, yet?

Also, I didn't log in to do any of the Halloween stuff but I do have these candies/pumpkins in my inventory. Are they used for anything or am I safe to vendor them?
    They want to release Magik, Danger Room, and possibly the defensive rework this week to get it out before Thanksgiving week. If not one or more of those things would get delayed for a mid-week patch right before the holiday.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Ryolnir wrote:

Hi all,

Another busy week here at Gazillion (as per usual) so a shorter than preferred update. I'll be around to answer more questions all day/week.

Here's what we have this week...

Magik

Magik spent her first weekend in Test Center and it was pretty darn good, I think. Lots of good feedback and the final 'assassinate' power should be in tomorrow. Today's TC build won't have too many changes since the weekend build had all of the Friday changes.

Defense/Dodge

PsiLocke is iterating on this constantly thanks to your bug reports and feedback (along with the overall mob changes from MichaelMayhem). The more you post, the more we can fix ASAP!

Danger Room

Lots of tuning and tweaking to come for difficulty and rewards this week. Release date TBD, we're focused on making this fun. Lots of meetings this week about feedback, so please keep delivering it. We'll be doing dedicated play sessions this week that we'll announce the schedule for (like a smaller Play with the Devs). Asros will be announcing that soon!
    In Development

What's next?!
    • Iron Fist already has many of his animations in-game and hooked up. Once Magik ships, we'll dedicate a post to his mechanics just as we did for Illyana & Deadpool.
    • Deadpool 52 already got his write up and we're still reading your comments over there so if you have concerns, speak now, etc. He's under way as far as development goes and keeps telling us to make sure he gets finished before the holiday break. We're working on it Wade, you can stop sharpening your sais.
    • We're working on designing the next Omega System tab this week and finalizing some details of the upcoming changes to the overall system. Once those are worked out, we'll share the plan with you guys. MichaelMayhem in particular is excited about that.
    • Item Enhancement/Starktech 2.0: Asros has been meeting with the engineers on the progress for this. If you don't know, it's a Starktech system for Uniques and perhaps other item slots that will do things like allow you to customize Any Hero Uniques to suit your build/etc. It will not just be "+1 to X Power", that's just the current iteration of it for Artifacts.
    • Crafting Changes: In engineering now. As I've said before, we're reducing the number of tiers for each type to 1, and have some other highly requested QoL changes. This is "phase 1" of the changes to this system with more to come, but we think it's important to get these out. These are looking to be launching in December as planned.
    • Secret Invasion: Well under way and nearly ready for testing. The enemies for this mode are shaking out to be the best yet, I think. The waypoint names snuck their way onto Test Center, but you guys haven't seen anything yet.
    • Black Cat is also coming along, with her powers fully estimated and ready to enter the pipeline. I think her level of fun will surprise people.
    • But what about the next characters? Well you already know about Angela, and it's not too long now until you know about the plan for next year. Be patient, my friends.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Hey all! Tune in to today at 4:00 p.m. PST, as Ryolnir and MichaelMayhem show you all the cool stuff involving Magik, plus some other cool stuff. We hope to see you there!

• Options
    Friday til Tuesday is Odin's Bounty, followed by Thanksgiving/Cosmic event. No patch this week, Magik and possibly Danger Room for Tuesday patch.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    The game suffers from too much effort being channeled into new heroes and less effort into making working and somewhat balanced game mechanics, but what they have done is create an unbalanced set of game mechanics and then build a ramshackle omega set to sit on top of those mechanics.

To counter act this skill jumble the difficulty of the game has been set to an extremely low level, so all the players trees are viable because the game isnt that difficult. This only contrasts how glaring unbalanced certain skills/trees when meta players create their builds (doing red raids with 2 or 3 people).

Lastly there are some concerns that every new hero introduced needs to be on par or slightly more powerful than the current OP hero or it wont sell, and powerbloat keeps getting worse.

I cant believe that I'm encourage gaz to go back to the excel spreadsheets to characters to at least appear in the same stratosphere powerwise.

• Options
    Bloat is a problem in pretty much every online based RPG variant at some point in time. MH is one of the the aged ones too. Now can they fix it? That is most likely no. Because I don't think they really care to at this point. I don't even really care if they fix it either. What would bring me back is stuff to do in game that I havent already wore myself out on with the over 1k hours of playtime.

• Options
    Ryolnir wrote:

Super short update today as I'm home and pretty darn sick. I blame KingBacon for his sickness last week.

Schedule Update:
    • Some key Magik Command bugs are being worked on today. We hope to release her + Defense changes tomorrow. Will keep you updated in this thread when I get more news as to their status.
    • Danger Room is not shipping this week due to more tuning & bug fixes underway. Looking at next week.
    • X-Giving starts with the patch tomorrow, runs through Friday when we go back to our regular event schedule.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday if you celebrate it, and if you don't, have a safe and wonderful time kicking supervillain butt and watching Jessica Jones.

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    So how long have we been hearing about & waiting for Danger Room at this point? Over a year? Not to mention Chapter 10. We need new content desperately. I think the last new content we got was Ultron Mode, unless you count the Limbo Event, but that's on a rotation.

Just way too sporadic. You can't hold the attention of players that way. There are too many other game options - especially at this time of the year. Yeah, I burned myself out because I played too much. I have over 2k hours played. Anyone with that much time is going to eventually hit their wall... but I don't want to walk away. I've already taken a few breaks from this game. I've made up my own mini-games to try to add some shelf life. I main Daredevil. I Cosmic Prestiged him. I can do all content with him, including Onslaught & CMM. I don't care about anymore characters at this point. I have over forty level sixty characters, most of which I'll never touch again. I need new places to take my characters that I do play, that I've invested time & effort into. I feel like I have been pretty patient for the most part but my patience is certainly growing thin now. That's a lie: my patience is 100% gone. It doesn't exist anymore. I need a reason to not write this game off completely. :( Every week it feels like they tell us next week. Going back through & reading this thread is pretty funny. @Dirtyboy talking about Danger Room a long time ago. Each week getting let down hearing it's still not here. It's just frustrating.

I don't want to see this game just straight-up die but I feel like that is the direction it is heading. After the layoffs, I was pretty skeptical about the future & direction of this game. It feels like a dead-end.

For the hardcore player, that likes to min/max there's like no content for them. Anyone that cares about Raiding has most likely had Onslaught on farm for many months. Of course, the loot never drops, so people kinda get tired of doing it once they have all ilvl69 gear & whatnot. They're never going to fix the loot system at this point.

So it's like, for me, the entire game right now feels like running CMM... so that you can get what, exactly? Some Artifacts that... you don't really need 'cause there's no content for you to go beat with them.

...but they keep cranking out more characters.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Here's new items. Here's new characters. Here's a new Defense system. Here's some new costumes... now go do the same stuff you've been doing for over two years with your newly dressed character... If the strategy is to make money off of new heroes & costumes & fortune cards & boosts how are they drawing in new players that will be interested in that stuff? I'm not seeing any growth. I'm seeing a lot of frustration & players getting tired of being told to keep waiting.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    I forgot to add my disappointment at the latest DR delay:

5ix99-bear.jpg

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Chapter 10 we have been waiting TWO years for.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    The money is in new heroes, and costumes. Gaz is just too small to be handling so many things at one time, as far as I can tell. I wish they'd start adding new content rather than just farming the same one shots, terminals, and raids constantly. Waiting on the DR to consider jumping back in, although I may log in and try Magik out. Hopefully the Danger Room comes soon, and is actually worth the wait.

• Options
    I logged in to try her out for an hour or two. Just feels like another hero slightly different but not really.

Didnt see another single member log during that time either :/

• Options
    I played for about 3 hours yesterday and didn't see a single guildie. Got about 60 uniques in that time (MM plus Odins), too bad every single one of them was crap lol.

Hope_Vultures.jpg

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah I know I haven't played in forever. I keep thinking about it and then realize there is nothing new to play in it, and that I have about 40 other games that have released to play.

I genuinely hope some awesome new content pops up and that I'll want to play again, but at the rate they are going I am severely skeptical.

• Options
    I haven't logged in since probably June or July. Occasionally I get a half ass desire to play, but it generally goes away before I even click the launcher. Need something big and tasty to really get me in deep again. Seems like I'll be an old man long before it happens.

• Options
    KingBacon wrote:

If you have a Steam Controller, you can download the Marvel Heroes official bindings!

When in Big Picture mode, select Marvel Heroes -> Manage Game -> Configure Controller -> Browse Configs (X) and then select Marvel Heroes 2015 bindings.

DB1J8Ga.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Well there is new stuff but nothing that we want to do, loot farm. They added a bunch of real nice artis to farm. Poor Gaz is in a no win situation. If they add content that is grindy, like other f2p grindy, then people will complain. If they add in content (like two sets of raid and a faction and a hero a month) that is too easy then people will just dismiss it and state the game hasnt added anything in years and then complain louder.

Sucks to be Gaz. (Now I know many of the problems are self inflicted but not as bad as people like to say)

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    The money is in new heroes, and costumes.

Is it, though (as far as heroes are concerned)? At this point, they don't appear to be drawing new customers in. The long-time customers can get the heroes with Splinters. How much revenue is the C-List heroes going to bring in?

I won't debate Costumes, or even Fortune Cards, as those are no doubt money-makers. I do question having to have one new hero release every month though. We're already over fifty characters deep.

Not like if the people working on heroes weren't doing so we would have more content, as I'm sure those are different departments. Still, I don't know why they have to try to maintain this rate of release. Like you said, or hinted at, after awhile, all the characters start feeling the same anyway.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    I think they are leaning towards getting away from monthly hero releases if they follow through on their plan for no advance pack next year and doing only 3 hero bundles. And there's been a couple times recently where there was no weekly patch, which was another thing they've wanted to get away from (want to do only 1-2 patches per month). Danger Room is something I've wanted in the game for a long ass time (randomized, repeatable content), but they are going to need a lot more to pull people in. We'll see how the 2016 release goes in December (if it actually makes it by then) to see if it gets a sizable bump in players and if they can actually hold onto any of them.

• Options
    Coffey wrote: »
    Reddaye wrote: »
    The money is in new heroes, and costumes.

Is it, though (as far as heroes are concerned)? At this point, they don't appear to be drawing new customers in. The long-time customers can get the heroes with Splinters. How much revenue is the C-List heroes going to bring in?

I won't debate Costumes, or even Fortune Cards, as those are no doubt money-makers. I do question having to have one new hero release every month though. We're already over fifty characters deep.

Not like if the people working on heroes weren't doing so we would have more content, as I'm sure those are different departments. Still, I don't know why they have to try to maintain this rate of release. Like you said, or hinted at, after awhile, all the characters start feeling the same anyway.

I would wager that up until the player count started to drop, the money was very much in heroes and costumes. You are right in saying that they've reached the point where long time players can generally buy whatever they want with ES, which combined with the lack of new players is hurting heroes as the main source of income. I hadn't really taken Splinters into account when I posted that. I'm not really sure what they can do to really draw a lot of newer players in aside from relying on Marvel to release movies, or maybe porting to consoles.
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Well there is new stuff but nothing that we want to do, loot farm. They added a bunch of real nice artis to farm. Poor Gaz is in a no win situation. If they add content that is grindy, like other f2p grindy, then people will complain. If they add in content (like two sets of raid and a faction and a hero a month) that is too easy then people will just dismiss it and state the game hasnt added anything in years and then complain louder.

Sucks to be Gaz. (Now I know many of the problems are self inflicted but not as bad as people like to say)

It's certainly a situation where you'll never please everybody. For me personally, when I talk about new content, it's generally new ways to farm loot like what the Danger Room seems to be. Or even adding in Chapter 10. Giving me new ways and places to farm loot is what I crave. I wouldn't mind seeing less heroes released per year if it meant more variety in the content released per year as a result. I may be in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind slower releases on heroes. Obviously that's hard when heroes are a direct revenue stream.

• Options
    Not a patch day without Gaz breaking something...
    AgentVapor wrote:

Hey folks,

The servers will be going offline at 5:45 PM tonight to correct a serious in-game issue. A small update will be deployed, but downtime should be shorter than normal.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    General chat was saying that nisanti cloak was providing 100% damage reduction which gaz determined was not a good idea and should be fixed

• Options
    Yeah and several other items were providing 90%+

• Options
    Mystic Mayhem added to the Thanksgiving event and will run til Sunday.