As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Well, I'll guess I'll do that then with my Scarlet Witch; she's 60 now, and I am in the Savage Land, and I still have to go through 2 or 3 other story chapters...

And with the SHIELD supply box, I had one at lvl.1 when I switched over to the characters of my Founders p`ack, but I opened that lvl.1 box with my lvl. 60 Scarlet Witch and all contents were lvl.60 :biggrin:

So what's the end game? Hunt for Cosmic versions of all your gear which boost your character the best? But I read in the ingame guide that there is even a higher rarity: Omega?

Well I guess SHIELD boxes are another thing they've changed for consoles. I guess I should stop trying to help people playing the console version, since they seem to have changed an awful lot.

So I won't bother tell you that in the PC version they haven't added Omega gear, it's "coming soon".

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Can it be that the story used to end earlier then Chapter 9 (Asgard)?

Because then I get an explanation about Legendary missions which are like "defeat 10 gang members in Patrol" or "do the Doc Ock Kingpin operation" or "Loot a treasure room in the Morlock Underground"...

And some of the levels are way way WAY too big... After a while I simply used my secondary movement to fly over all the enemies, just to do the objectives more quickly. Which makes me wish that the levels were smaller. Or will you not be able to use secondary movement on higher difficulties (or do the enemies pull you out of it?)?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Can it be that the story used to end earlier then Chapter 9 (Asgard)?

Because then I get an explanation about Legendary missions which are like "defeat 10 gang members in Patrol" or "do the Doc Ock Kingpin operation" or "Loot a treasure room in the Morlock Underground"...

And some of the levels are way way WAY too big... After a while I simply used my secondary movement to fly over all the enemies, just to do the objectives more quickly. Which makes me wish that the levels were smaller. Or will you not be able to use secondary movement on higher difficulties (or do the enemies pull you out of it?)?

The game's story originally ended after chapter 8, after beating Doom. Chapter 9 wasn't added until a year or so after launch, and chapter 10 came out last year.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    For the PS4 players, if you go to the PSN store, select Add-ons, go to the utmost right and select "all add-ons", sort by Newest, then you'll see the free Daredevil character addon, and next to it the (for PS+ free) an without Fear costume for Daredevil.

They made the silly mistake of not linking those two add-ons to the main game, and they did not put Marvel Heroes Omega in the tile, which means that you don't find them if you search the store for "Marvel". :eh:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So I just started playing this again. Been a while since I played. I'm still as lost as when I originally played, there's so much stuff in my inventory to manage. What should i be keeping?

steam_sig.png
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Anniversary starts today, event schedule for June (anniversary runs all month).

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Anniversary event = ruined inventory
    my-inventorys-full_o_1019791.jpg

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    I checked out the PS4 version and I think I'll stick with the PC version for the moment, it's probably because it's in BETA still but the PS4 struggles to run a game as basic looking as this. Even menu stuff lags.

D083uBC.jpg
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Anniversary event = ruined inventory
    my-inventorys-full_o_1019791.jpg

People are still playing?! Nice. I thought everyone had given up on this game and the complete lack of content.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    i tried logging in for the anniversary but the time spent of playing vs staring at inventory screens gets to 1:1 pretty quick

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Jumped back in and leveled a bunch of people, actually leveling is so fast that I may just end up 60'ing the entire roster this week to get a feel for everyone

So far enjoying heroes that I didn't really expect to, like Beast; though I think new Loki might be my favorite so far

Unfortunately the flip side is that some heroes I had put a lot of time into I no longer enjoy at all, like Hawkeye, oh well

• ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Looks like cake slices are going towards eternity splinters this time around for me. Also thought I missed out on Cosmo entirely until I finally really being lookink at my mission trackers.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote: »
    Looks like cake slices are going towards eternity splinters this time around for me. Also thought I missed out on Cosmo entirely until I finally really being lookink at my mission trackers.

Didn't you just have to buy him with cake slices at the computer?

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular

there's an event mission where you could get him for free after doing some killing and running around.

253J736.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've bought a few year 4 cakes, just for the cosmically enhanced boss artifacts

WolveSight wrote: »

there's an event mission where you could get him for free after doing some killing and running around.

Oh. Totally didn't see that.

edited June 2017
    They might want to start the Xbone beta at some point...

Dirtyboy on
    So I've found that an easy way to get a decent rank on the leaderboard for cake without spending much time is to run the cosmic version of the trainyard in the danger room. Blade works perfectly for it because of how hard his sig hits. My best run time with him is just over 2:00 so three runs takes less than 10 minutes, and that's often enough to get you into the top 20% on the leaderboard. The leaderboard resets every four hours I believe starting at 12 pst and you earn up to 50 slices for the top 10% so it adds up fairly quickly.

Also fyi if you already earned the 1000 es that first week you should check the vendor again because at some point they refreshed it and you can get 1k more.

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    This game, I got back into it last week. Tried to play my characters that I progressed the farthest with (Nova, Invisible woman) who I used to be able to do Cosmic midtown and industrial super easy with and did the first raid a bunch.

But that was before the Cosmic Trial opened up (can't beat that with any of my characters). I get close with nightcrawler, but then he gets spirit starved and I run out of steam. None of my other toons have the DPS.

Though I can run Cosmic terminals with ease with Invisible woman still... I don't get it. Do I just not have enough 'infinity' points (since they aren't called omega's anymore). I think I have around 4 to 500.

Not sure what to do because I can't get any better gear with what I have available to play or am I missing something? I've runed up most of my gear, leveled up my legendries...

What is the deal?

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    Cosmic Trial is stupid.

Bloodycow wrote: »
    This game, I got back into it last week. Tried to play my characters that I progressed the farthest with (Nova, Invisible woman) who I used to be able to do Cosmic midtown and industrial super easy with and did the first raid a bunch.

But that was before the Cosmic Trial opened up (can't beat that with any of my characters). I get close with nightcrawler, but then he gets spirit starved and I run out of steam. None of my other toons have the DPS.

Though I can run Cosmic terminals with ease with Invisible woman still... I don't get it. Do I just not have enough 'infinity' points (since they aren't called omega's anymore). I think I have around 4 to 500.

Not sure what to do because I can't get any better gear with what I have available to play or am I missing something? I've runed up most of my gear, leveled up my legendries...

What is the deal?

Nova can do quite a lot of damage these days, I use a build like this. Depending on the hero it is sometimes worth it to slot some cosmic items instead of uniques. If you need crit or brut I think you can get 700+ of one of those on a single cosmic plus like 5k heath and other stats if you need them.

The Blade build I use for the trainyard looks kinda like this and the Juggernaut build for the cable danger room like this. Also you don't actually need all those items to get a good time (I don't at all), although to get one of the top times you probably do.

If you're still having problems hit me up in game and I'll see what I can do, I might have some extra artifacts that might help.

For spirit issues on Nightcrawler, use a catalyst that regenerates 100 spirit when you use a medkit, try to craft a Power Doop enchantment, and make sure you're using the Fairytale Swashbuckler boots

Just a heads up but there's a stash sale going on at the moment.

Finished leveling Dr Strange to 60, and he felt really absurdly strong even without any level 60 gear

So I immediately took him into the cosmic trial and cleared it without breaking a sweat

Dr Strange is INSANE

FYI Big ten is going on, they gifted 365 cake slices today and I believe all sales are currently running.

Maddoc wrote: »
    Finished leveling Dr Strange to 60, and he felt really absurdly strong even without any level 60 gear

So I immediately took him into the cosmic trial and cleared it without breaking a sweat

Dr Strange is INSANE

Is he still all about placing every incantation on the field?

So what else should I be buying with my cake slices? I've bought the eternity splinters, as well as all the team ups already.

steam_sig.png
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    So what else should I be buying with my cake slices? I've bought the eternity splinters, as well as all the team ups already.

4th anniversary cakes. Legendary items worth 1000 odin marks, and the best artifacts in game, plus assorted other things.

4th anniversary cakes. Legendary items worth 1000 odin marks, and the best artifacts in game, plus assorted other things.

There are legendary items i can buy with cake slices?

steam_sig.png

In the 3rd and 4th anniversary cakes, but the 4th anniversary cakes have the artifacts too, so buy those, not 3rd.

In the 3rd and 4th anniversary cakes, but the 4th anniversary cakes have the artifacts too, so buy those, not 3rd.

Ahh I see! What about the cosmic enhanced captain america and IM artifacts? are they any good?

steam_sig.png

Ahh I see! What about the cosmic enhanced captain america and IM artifacts? are they any good?

Before the big revamp, Cap's artifact was pretty useless, and IM's was great for about 4 characters (IM, WM, Jugg, Vision). I don't know if they're any better or worse now, but basically I'd say no, go for the cakes, they are packed full of useful stuff.

Before the big revamp, Cap's artifact was pretty useless, and IM's was great for about 4 characters (IM, WM, Jugg, Vision). I don't know if they're any better or worse now, but basically I'd say no, go for the cakes, they are packed full of useful stuff.

Yeah you might want to grab one arc reactor if you have lots of cakes, but if you still need legendaries/odins go for cakes imo.

I didn't realize they gave out legendaries, I should've looked closer. No brainer now.

steam_sig.png
    You can add Wolverine to the arc reactor list. Also he's good now? idk it's weird.

Greetings,

Starting on July 1, 2017, the following Heroes will no longer be available to purchase with Gs: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, and Silver Surfer. You will have until Wednesday (6/28) at 2:00PM PDT to purchase those heroes with Eternity Splinters. This change will also affect all costumes for those characters as well as Future Foundation costumes for other characters. See below for the full list. Please note that this upcoming change will not affect Doctor Doom, who will remain as a playable Villain and maintain his role in the game’s story campaign.

Under Gazillion’s renewed licensing agreement we do not have the rights to continue selling these characters moving forward. However, players who have already purchased or unlocked any of these affected characters and costumes before July 1 will be able to them continue playing them as usual.

Here are some more details:

As mentioned, if you already own any of the affected Heroes or costumes, you will still be able to use them as always.
    Achievements and Login Rewards that currently award a H.E.R.B.I.E. will offer new rewards.
    Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer-related achievements will remain, but will not be attainable without these Heroes.
    Marvel why

Note that's tomorrow to buy with ES

• HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    So good news bad news time.

Good news: it seems they got the license renewed beyond 2018 (or whenever the initial expiration was).

Bad news: Say goodbye to the Fantastic Four/Surfer (though if you already have them you're okay). Doctor Doom is not affected, though he will be given a new default costume.

Source: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/324773/important-notice-regarding-the-fantastic-four-and-silver-surfer

Am kind of surprised they didn't whack the X-Men at the same time. How this shapes the game going forwards is anybody's guess.

steam_sig-400.png
    X-Men have actually been appearing in games again, most recently to Future Fight.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    That's kinda weird since Marvel Future Fight just got the licenses for the X-men and implemented them this month. Guess no hoping for FF there.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor