As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The Mega Pack III is on sale again. $129.99

ALL Heroes Released through 2014 - 43 TOTAL!
    43 Hero S.T.A.S.H. pages - (extra Hero specific inventory for each Hero included)
    60 Fortune Cards - 10 each of Mark 1 through 6
    1 Pet - Ultron Silver Pet
    25 2 Hour XP Boosts
    2000 Gs
    Permanent Account-Level 5% XP Boost
    Permanent Account-Level 5% Rare Item-Find Boost
    Permanent Account-Level 5% Special Item-Find Boost

If you have the hero already you get an ultimate upgrade token for them and an extra copy of their default costume for the grinder.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    If you already have Captain Marvel, the code "DANVERS" will get you her new costume for free.

Also, free Shield Agent Team up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Very nice. Thanks

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the shield agent team-up is a reskin of the hydra agent team up, right? That guy seems pretty nice

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Probably a reskin of the one that was dropping in that shield card pack.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    the shield agent team-up is a reskin of the hydra agent team up, right? That guy seems pretty nice

Yep.

• Options
    Right now the boost sale is going on, a Team Up BOGO sale and the all new, all different costumes are up. For those that bought the Team Up Advanced Pack, the Spider Gwen costume is available.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I've heard inklings of a Spider-Man QoL review. When does that hit?

(And when are they going to come out with the Iron Spider costume? /whine)

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Need more costumes.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The new web swinging animations are in for Spiderman and they are fantastic.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    130 bucks for all that?

Hell yeah. I'm sold.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I've heard inklings of a Spider-Man QoL review. When does that hit?

(And when are they going to come out with the Iron Spider costume? /whine)

More importantly, when is Miles coming out?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Gaz has a panel at NYCC on Sunday at 2:30pm EDT(?), so they might announce the advance pack 3 lineup then.

• Options
    First, i want to thank our hosts very gracious hosts @TheCosmicCupcake @XMenWelcomeToDie @Ryolnir (for those that weren't able to come, we didn't give them any down time, it was barrage after barrage of comments, questions, etc. i will only post the things that i asked (as i did not write down what others asked...yeah, my bad)

these are things that were mentioned at the Barcade today (i should have noted who said what...oops)

-Blade's voice will be revealed Sunday

-changes for omega points will be revealed Sunday

-more info about Secret Invasion will be revealed Sunday

-boss specific drops and area drops will be reviewed. also, almost all bosses that do not have specific drops will receive them

-Vision will get his white-ish costume (didnt ask when)

-the Hydra and SHIELD agents were intended to be opposing and Hydra Bob "should be his own character, his attacks should be funny"

-there will be a dedicated button for movement without cost that will be for each character. example, Wolverine has the motorcycle, Storm has flight..."points will only need to be spent on moves that do damage"

-Danger Room will need a token each time and they will be available for purchase. it is hoped that it will be on the Test Center next week-ish

i hope the others that joined us will post the answers they received here...
    Sunday panel will reveal some new costumes and other stuff but no new heroes for next year will be shown yet. MH2016 launch will be given a date at the panel.

No word on what the next one-shot is or when it'll release. Stuff like Shadowland or Days of Future Past might probably be danger room scenarios instead. One-shots will basically be story relevant in some way, and not be ripped directly from old comic events.

Johnny yong Bosch is the voice of Iron Fist. He will have 5 stances that adjust his skills and their affixes (i.e. Tiger stance adds bleeds to all his moves). You can play him with just one stance or use more than one. They are trying not to bloat the skill bar with him. Will have Shou Lou incorporated somehow, maybe his ultimate but that much wasn't outright confirmed.

Iron Fist costumes: white and gold is default, green classic with yellow slippers and high collar is alt, and the third is being decided (one potential is his shirtless costume with wrapped hands, I don't remember the second he mentioned)

Dave Fennoy (Lee everett in the Walking Dead Telltale game) is the voice of Blade. Might have a few movie references in his dialogue. Ryolnir is pushing for an "iceskate uphill" line.

Possibly no AP3 this time, might just be four packs of 3 sold throughout 2016, and only a few heroes revealed at a time rather than all upfront. They still wanna do the pack if they can, but it might not make the most financial sense. It isn't decided yet either way.

When it comes to hero releases, Ryolnir doesn't think any hero "deserves" to be in just because. They want to give the fans characters they want, but also ones that will surprise us sometimes or be fun to play.

Remaining AP2 and Team-up AP2 heroes "not unlikely" to slip into 2016. Black Cat is probably the last hero of AP2 (according to Ryolnir). Magik will come before her as she has been mostly done for a while. Unclear who is after Blade though, Magik or Iron Fist.

Black Cat's default costume wasn't confirmed as far as I could tell, but it sounds like it'll be her "Marvel Now" costume with the whip belt.

Next Rogue costume is 1602. Kitty Pryde is also getting her AoA costume, with overrides so that she uses the claws instead of her swords!!!

Rescue or Agent Venom are fighting for last place to be released for Team-up AP2. Archangel has a model and design but it doesn't sound like he's close to being done yet.

Mr Fantastic is the least popular hero by far. Like it's not even close. Poor Reed.

Ryolnir voted for Green Goblin in the poll. Good man. (We shouldn't make assumptions, but I think he's a safe bet for next year)

Super Skrull is the last boss of chapter 10. Ryolnir would like him to be playable someday but doubts it'll happen in 2016. He's definitely a fan though.

New patrol mode from Chapter 10 is called "Hightown Patrol."

I may have missed it, but I didn't hear any info on Deadpool's 52 review.

I asked the real deal with Namor. All I was told is that Marvel doesn't want him to be used right now. Marvel provides all license users/developers with certain lists of characters (that vary from game to game) that can't be used or that they should steer away from. Gazillion has actually managed to get a number of those characters in already so far (obviously getting Marvel to approve them eventually).

Costumes are chosen by Gazillion about "90% of the time" but Marvel does make recommendations. Ryolnir tries to put less iconic costumes in fortune cards so people don't feel like they are missing out on them.

We might see changes to crafting "soon" but that's all I was told.

They would like to do full overhauls to X-defense and Holo-sim. They're waiting for this, rather than just adding/changing the loot tables and leaving the modes as they are.

Danger Room could still come out this month. Apparently it began as one guy's side project a year ago and eventually turned into something bigger and better over time. Sounds like they're hoping to have it on TC soon.

They are continuing to adjust the droprates of boss-specific and zone-specific loot (that includes the hot dog cart!)

Pro-tip: If you ever act like a jerk and get moderated/banned, apologizing to the mods can sometimes make a difference and get it overturned.

That "Non-forum Artist" that we're always hearing about from TheDink? His name is Clint, he has an Indiana Jones hat and used to own a small crocodile (or alligator?) until it tried to eat the bulb in its tank and got electrocuted. Why is this relevant? It's not really. But I thought it was cool.

David Brevik loves Scotch. As if you didn't already know.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    Interesting, I wonder what Marvel is up to with Namor.

Namor has a complicated rights issue apparently.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Dave Fennoy (Lee everett in the Walking Dead Telltale game) is the voice of Blade. Might have a few movie references in his dialogue. Ryolnir is pushing for an "iceskate uphill" line.
    :rotate:

Danger Room could still come out this month. Apparently it began as one guy's side project a year ago and eventually turned into something bigger and better over time. Sounds like they're hoping to have it on TC soon.

Huh, that's interesting. Not something you'd expect from a big licensed game like this.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I do like that shared quests and cosmic ICP are still dropping armor drives.

• Options
    Another Omega Event. Another Red Skull Coat.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Huh, that's interesting. Not something you'd expect from a big licensed game like this.

Holo-sim, X-Def, and the first One-Shot all started as one person on their spare time projects.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Not that I give a single fuck about Blade, but that seems like a good casting choice

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Pics from the panel: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/3070884#Comment_3070884
    Symbiote Wolverine was apparently shown. Possible for Halloween

Blade will be melee or ranged. Has guns and swords

Alt is the original Green costume.

3rd one will be ANAD

AoA Kitty was shown, her claws will be used instead of swords.

Taskmaster costume from Avengers World

Howard the Duck will have Quack Foo.

Secret Wars White and Blue Ghost Rider costume

Deadpool has a new travel power: Vespa scooter. His sig will pull everyone in and he'll chuck things at everyone. And has a new weapon, Anti aircraft weapon.

Danger Room footage being shown. Its in its final stages before Test Center.

Iron Fist will have different moves depending on the stance hes in. One stance will be a DoT stance. One will be Spirit Regen. No word on the other stances.

Once again Jennifer Hale will voice Black Cat and Tara Strong as Magik.

Currently going over the Secret Invasion story.

Charlie Adler voicing Kl'rt

Earliest new story will be here is in December.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Holo-sim, X-Def, and the first One-Shot all started as one person on their spare time projects.

This is actually something a lot of bigger tech companies do regularly. Google wasn't the first to do it, but they popularized it. Basically, people work for four days a week on their assignments, then on the fifth day they work on something they personally find interesting and cool, so long as it could benefit the company in the long run. Supposedly Gmail and the self driving cars started as these sorts of passion projects.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    I definitely liked Lee's voice in the Walking Dead game, so he should be a good Blade.

Playing around with some spidergwen spiderman, love the new web swinging animation. Her voice work is decent but seems a little sparse. Especially when you go gwen/gwen you hardly hear either of them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Spidey updates are up on the TC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8KSwhMk7T0

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Yay time to reinstall! just need to remember to leave it downloading while I sleep

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So I logged in to find this Midtown Madness event going on. Are events like this rare? I've gotten about 20 levels on Storm so far and I'm finding tons of stuff. They really like to load you up on all kinds of different items but they don't give you a lot of space to store it. Not sure what I should be saving. I currently have a bunch of relics and runes taking up space but those seem like stuff to save. Not sure what to do with all the uniques and artifacts I'm finding.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Every monday .

• Options
    Midtown is every Monday. And each week we get a rotating event on top of it. This week is the Omega Event. During this event we have an escalating server side XP/SIF/RIF bonus. It also gives a discount to Omega points which is the alternate advancement system. Shared Quests, and doing five rounds of Holo-Sim give Omega files. Those can be turned in for the Agent Coulson team up or the Mysterious Blue Boxes which have rare boss drops.

Next week we have the Cosmic Event. The Cosmic event has double boss drops in cosmic zones, a 42% server side boost of XP/RIF/SIF, and cosmic worldstones drop. Those can be traded in for a number of useful things.

• Options
    Making dodge useful again? WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?! I'll have to wait to see if the spider changes are good or bad. I liked the preview.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Some additional info for this week's update, courtesy of @MichaelMayhem:

This week brings a small quality of life update to Thor. He's been just shy of hitting the metric marks, so in addition to hitting a couple of tuning knobs, we looked for some easy wins for his general quality of play.

Power progression updated, giving more impactful powers at early levels.

Son of Odin fully restores Odinforce.

Odinforce - Slight increase to the delay before Odinforce begins to decay again after gaining.

Asgardian Smite set to a flat 4s cooldown instead of one that scales to 4s at rank 50.

Forked Lightning now prevents Odinforce decay while channeling.

Lightning Hammer and Hammer of Storms range increased.

Lightning Hammer now deals higher base damage and has a 4s cooldown, shared with Spinning Strike. This grants a hammer throw alternative layer for players who prefer powers with larger areas of effect and may not tend to use Spinning Strike in their builds. Charge up time to reach maximum damage reduced by 50%.

Crack the Sky now hits up to 3 enemies when imbued with Odinforce. Range increased. Critical hit chance increased slightly when imbued with Odinforce.

Leaping Smite (Odinforce-imbued) and Hammer Smash visual increased in size to match area of effect.

Ragnarok now always critically hits.

For Asgard! now increases damage by a multiplier rather than increasing base damage. The power now also increases critical damage by the same amount. Duration can no longer be affected by power duration in exchange for the large scale increase in offensive power.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Still no Danger Room.
    Funny_Pictures_166210.jpg

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    More like WAITING ROOM! AMIRITE?
    amirite?

• Options
    Spidey update update:
    MichaelMayhem wrote:

Whew, lots of issues have been tackled today. Been meaning to post earlier but the office lost internet for a little bit

Here's a preview of some of the things in tomorrow's build. The real patch notes won't be available till tomorrow though.
    • Amazing Smash with a larger radius, and an all-new big chunk of spirit on use. This will assist with his spirit management in general rotations.
    • Free Flight. You asked for it, but you won't be building those miles points any more. Fair warning.
    • Return of Constrictive Webbing, as a 1-point effect that makes all of his Webslinger powers apply a damage over time effect. The new damage over time effect on Web Spray (granted by Spitting Spider) was never a replacement for Constrictive - it just didn't get added in time for day 1 of TC.
    • Removal of some cooldown layers, we agree that his bar space was getting a bit crowded. This will affect all of his builds in some way.
    • Return of a movement speed buff on Amazing Acrobatics. Attack speed is remaining off as he's already able to get nearly into capped returns just in the Spider DNA passive.
    • Endless bug fixes. Particular high-profile ones include most of his passives not working correctly, Spider-Sense active not functioning right, and Amazing Acrobatics being a bit all-around wonky.
    • Bunch of animation fixes to powers, like Web Wrecking Ball, Web Spray, and Stick Around.
    • More tuning!

• Options
    Oh thank god hopefully free flight means web slinging costs nothing. I swear on my spidey that's what leaves me power dry.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MichaelMayhem wrote:

New TC will be going up shortly with some more Thor changes. The largest change is not in that build, but it will be in the next - For Asgard will be affected by power duration again. This does mean we'll need to adjust the damage multiplier value a bit to compensate, but we understand that many of you have itemized for power duration and we do not intend to cause reitemization.

Although the damage % number may be smaller in the build that restores power duration, remember that it is now a multiplier, not base damage. Base damage % is effectively just damage rating, whereas a multiplier is incredibly more powerful at endgame.

We'll also be modifying Ragnarok to give it more of a purpose in single target rotations. That change is also not in the TC coming up, but will be in the next.

• Options
    Psilocke wrote:

We had a little bit of time to do some bug fixing/QoL/tuneup for these 2 heroes. Most of these changes are in TC now though a few numbers might not show up until the newer build. Please leave your feedback below!

Cable
    • Pulse Rifle has been fixed to scale with attack speed in Ordinance Discipline spec (as the tooltip already shows).
    Along with this large increase in the damage of this spec, we've made the following changes:
    • Viper Beam now rotates twice as fast as previously, which should help with tracking moving targets while retaining the feel of firing a very badass weapon
    • Psimitar Slam - animation time decreased, damage increased. Take 50% less damage during this power.
    • Impaling Thrust - bonus damage in spec increased to 250%
    • Swift Lunge - damage increased
    • Telekinetic Overload - animation time decreased, damage increased. Take 50% less damage during this power.
    • Mind Bullets - bonus damage increased from 30% to 40%
    • Psionic Illusion - damage increased

Gambit
    • Bo Beatdown now brings Gambit closer to the target before starting to attack, which means Grand Slam will always be in range when alternating with Bo Beatdown
    • Bo Vault has a shorter minimum range, such that a stationary target can be hit with Bo Beatdown and Grand Slam without Gambit having to move between activations.

These changes should help make his melee rotation more smooth in actual gameplay

• Options
    So the devs just hate dead pool right? That's why everyone else has gotten a review and several passes and he just sits there being useless?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    So the devs just hate dead pool right? That's why everyone else has gotten a review and several passes and he just sits there being useless?

They are probably, and have been, holding onto him for the movie hype.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    The movie doesnt come out until next year.

DPs review is supposed to be this month.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99