As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    .75% of the players on Xbox have managed to complete the Cosmic trial.

That just ain't right.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

That just ain't right.

I don't think it's a matter of how many have cleared it, but which hero's being used.

• Options
    edited July 2017

That just ain't right.

I don't think it's a matter of how many have cleared it, but which hero's being used.

That's on any hero at all, based on the achievement.

Edit: And from how much of a pain it was on Angela, one of the "easiest", I sure as hell don't want to try on anything else. The amount of "oops you're dead" was just absurd.

dporowski on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I've cleared it with Deadpool, Ice Man and Blade.

As for achievements, the only two I have left are the 50 legendary quests and fully level a legendary.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    how long has the xbox version been live? I imagine most players don't have all that much gear yet

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    how long has the xbox version been live? I imagine most players don't have all that much gear yet

Eh, sometime early this month, I think?

I was reading something about "Flamethrower of Death" and other changes that apparently all the other platforms have that Xbox doesn't, making it easier there. I dunno; all I know was "holy shit that's a lot of one-shot kills".

• Options

That just ain't right.

Edit: And from how much of a pain it was on Angela, one of the "easiest", I sure as hell don't want to try on anything else. The amount of "oops you're dead" was just absurd.

What I meant was this: Sure, 75% of players clearing the trial is impressive.

But are they all using the same hero? 'Cause I know that (for me) Wanda had a really easy time passing hers, while I've yet to pass it on Scott/Cyke.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You missed a decimal point.

• Options

That just ain't right.

What I meant was this: Sure, 75% of players clearing the trial is impressive.

But are they all using the same hero? 'Cause I know that (for me) Wanda had a really easy time passing hers, while I've yet to pass it on Scott/Cyke.

Nah, .7, not 7. 3/4 of a percent.

Maybe it's just nobody having gear yet. Didn't think I played that much honestly.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hey, is Marvel Omega Heroes essentially a spiritual successor to the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance series, but free to play?

Been seeing auburn playing it a lot and curious about it, but not pick through 50+ pages of posts curious. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    MUA = action/arcade, MHO = ARPG (aka Inventory Management Simulator)

It's completely F2P, no stupid energy mechanics. Pay stuff is mostly cosmetics or convenience (unlocking heroes faster, boosts). Give it a whirl and see if you like it.

• Options
    Hey, is Marvel Omega Heroes essentially a spiritual successor to the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance series, but free to play?

Been seeing auburn playing it a lot and curious about it, but not pick through 50+ pages of posts curious. :P

It's Diablo with X-men in. Is not bad.

• Options
    Huh, so I did. Well then, ignore my comments, lol.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Timeline for PC client update to Omega (via Reddit):
    Asros said

"That is still our goal, but its more realistically looking like probably October at the earliest. As I've said before, we're running 2 shipping versions of the game now. The console version and the PC version. As many of you know, there are vast differences between the two. With the omega patch, we want to bring them together, however there is a lot of work that needs to be done to ensure that works smoothly. Our current plan is for a patch next week for Defenders related content(that is on TC right now) and then the next patch will be the Omega patch when it is ready. Expect some significant TC time for this. In between these 2 patches, we don't have any releases planned on PC so we can focus on the omega patch.

The content of the omega patch is coming along really well. Omega items are being built at a good clip, Omega difficulty is entering its first round of testing very soon. Omega items look a bit different than what we showed in the original dev blog (almost a year ago) as you would imagine. The team is hard at work on them right now and cant wait for you all to see them. This is the first new item system in over 2 years I haven't been involved in, so it has been interesting to see what the team is doing!

Apocalypse content is coming along spectacularly. This is also planned to release with the Omega patch. All of the different disciplines involved have really put together some really special stuff. It has been in departmental playtest territory for a few weeks now. You've seen the Magik costume, I cant wait for you to see the other 3. These 4 costumes will also be the first 4 costumes we launch with our new tech that adds powers from costumes. Each of the 4 costumes will get 1 power that is a player version of their main boss power from the playable content. This is a feature we're really excited about. Along with these 4, there will be VU's for Colossus AoA and Jean AoA shipping at the same time.

Spider-woman and Unworthy Thor(official name) development continues on, both are shaping up very well. We did our first design wide playtest with Spider-Woman last week and got some great feedback for the designer in charge of her. No ETA on release to share yet.

I know this is probably more brief than many would like, but I had a few moments this morning so I thought I'd give what info I can right now. We appreciate the support and patience, and look forward to you all getting your hands on all the new stuff coming!"

Asros talking about new abilities on costumes -

"Each of the 4 costumes will get 1 power that is a player version of their main boss power from the playable content. This is a feature we're really excited about."

KomoriMan said when asked if the new defenders costumes would have new abilities:
    "The event has been added with our planned dates for the event.

I don't believe any powers have been added to these costumes. That is being implemented to the AoA costumes coming later in October."

Defenders event next week:
    DEFENDERS EVENT! 8/23-9/6 (DATES MAY CHANGE)

The Hand has returned to New York! Talk to Misty Knight in the Avengers Tower, then head to Midtown or Hightown Patrol to suppress The Hand incursion.

Once you’ve spoken to Misty Knight, you can join the fight in pushing the Hand out of New York, earning Orders of the Hand from any Hand enemies, as well as from new missions detailed below!

New Missions

A Defender's Task at Hand (Account Mission)

Misty Knight is looking for some heroes for hire to deal with a sudden rise in criminal activity with The Hand. Talk to her in Avengers Tower for your first assignment.
    Reward: 50 Orders from The Hand

Daily Missions (Shared Mission)

Daily Defenders: Midtown Patrol
    Daily Defenders: Hightown Patrol
    Reward: 20 Orders from the Hand

New Items

Artifacts:

These new Artifacts can be purchased with Orders from the Hand at the Event Terminal in Avenger's Tower:

Kirigi's Tetsubishi - An Artifact known to enhance your skills among other things.
    Cost: 120 Orders from the Hand

Elektra’s Bandana - A Powerful item that summons Elektra by your side.
    Cost: 120 Orders from the Hand

Bullseye’s Deck of Cards - Practicing with these Bladed Cards is known to improve your skills from a distance.
    Cost: 120 Orders from the Hand.

Elektra, Kirigi, and Bullseye are in possession of Cosmically Enhanced items as well.

Rumor is… Elektra’s also in possession of another special piece of gear.

Other Items:

Kingpin’s Ring of Power - A Unique Ring with enough punch to really give you an edge in fisticuffs.
    Cost: 90 Orders from the Hand

Kingpin’s Ring of Stature - A Unique Ring capable of influencing those around you.
    Cost: 90 Orders from the Hand

Defenders costumes:
    Y9E36Sf.jpg
    HffXZ7M.jpg
    A9P0mSS.jpg

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    This is not bad. I played more than enough of the PC version but I always prefer ARPGs with a controller. Seems very streamlined? Heroes seem similar at lower levels. Way less abilities and skill tree stuff than the old days.

• Options
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    So the PC version is pretty much dead now, right?

• Options
    Seems like it, probably way more players on console for them to get money from.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Feels mostly dead. I cant remember a time I have seen any of you online at the same time.

The steam numbers are down to around 500-600 concurrent which is really bad.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    If I'm reading that Omega Prestige thing right, is it saying you can effectively cosmic prestige 70 fucking times to fill it out?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    You have to Cosmic prestige to start it, but it didn't say there was an xp penalty for omega prestiging, so it could be 70 regular prestiges, rather than 70 cosmics.

• Options
    A message from our creative director Orren:

As many of you know, we are currently working on a large update for PC that we’ve referred to as the “Omega patch”, which contains a large number of changes including Omega difficulty and Omega items. This content has been in the works for some time, and everyone here has been working incredibly hard to bring these features to Marvel Heroes Omega.

Unfortunately, today we have to announce that this patch is going to take longer to bring over to PC than we hoped. As we cautioned in our PC Content Timeline forum post in May, the schedule that we outlined had risk attached to it.

We know this news is going to be disappointing to many, as we know our PC players have been waiting for these features for some time. We want to be as up front as possible with our current estimations, however, so that folks know what the current plan looks like for how we are going forward. Currently, we are estimating this update will now reach the PC version by Thanksgiving this year.

The reality is simply that the conversion of the back end framework that we need to unify the content creation for all three platforms has been more difficult than we originally anticipated.

All of that said, we know that whatever the reason may be, the end result is that this Omega patch content is not going to reach our PC players at the same time as the console platforms, which is going to be a let down to many of our dedicated players here.

We do have a piece of good news: the Omega patch is officially confirmed to include Spider-Woman as a 6-month PC exclusive.

Everyone here is working as hard as possible to finish this Omega patch work, and are looking forward to being able to share it with you to bring Marvel Heroes Omega to the next level.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I have come and gone many times over the years in this game, but I feel like I've paid more than my fair share to support this company because I enjoyed what they were trying to do, if not always specifically what they were doing.

I have to admit, even though I wasn't sure I'd ever play again, this feels like a bit of a betrayal.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    So uh

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/72prfj/summary_of_the_news_from_the_aoaomega_stream/dnldszo/

The blog in question is about how the guy who is now the GEO of Gazillion is an abusive shitbag who had to change his name to avoid his reputation. That's bad.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Man. that's depressing to see.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Researching that CEO is going down a rabbit hole.

I'm trying not to make connections between that infamous blogpost and the fact that he apparently donated $2500 dollars to a teen ballet performer's Gofundme last year.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Oh really? That's interesting.

tidkdy7no4f3.png

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah, that news came out and all I could think was "Huh, I guess I've heard good things about Path of Exile"

• Options
    I've pretty much stopped playing since PC is now the ugly neglected stepchild, but that CEO business definitely is tempting me to uninstall.

• Options
    I'd pretty much stopped until a few days ago when I decided to hop on and see what the big 10 event looked like. I immediately got hit with that UI bug that leaves an item tooltip up on screen until you log out, so just quit again immediately.

I was going to go back whenever they finally finished their omega update, but not any more. And that's OK, I haven't really enjoyed the game since the nerf to teleports.

• Options
    Apparently tons of PC changes on whitelist server, but at this point no idea if any of it will make it to live. Personally think the game is going to die for real by end of year (or bought out and kept alive on console only).

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/7cgvez/shield_intel_this_is_what_we_should_expect_as_far/

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So it appears it is dead.

https://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-marvel-heroes-1820475273

Was fun while it lasted.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Damn

I'd stopped playing, but it still makes me sad that something I poured so much time (and money, frankly) into is gone now

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Oh wow. I was just about to try this out on my PS4. Damn.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it was a fun little game for a while, but it's been a loooong time since it really seemed like gaz had a vision for it other than creating more costumes

it's too bad cause they actually did seem like a pretty good little company. I suppose they'll probably just shutter now? afaik they've laid off a lot of staff this year already

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    it was a fun little game for a while, but it's been a loooong time since it really seemed like gaz had a vision for it other than creating more costumes

it's too bad cause they actually did seem like a pretty good little company. I suppose they'll probably just shutter now? afaik they've laid off a lot of staff this year already

Maybe they'll move on to DC Heroes. Lord knows DC probably wouldn't mind a little more of the gaming market's scratch.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |