As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Either that, or they've just finished the majority of the work for the MH 2016 content and are laying off all the extra staff they don't need/can't afford any more.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Either that, or they've just finished the majority of the work for the MH 2016 content and are laying off all the extra staff they don't need/can't afford any more.

Yeah people get let go all the time on games leading up to a release.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The problem is they need the extra staff. Content they have talked about for over a year still isn't out.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Gazillion also has at least one other project they are working on. For all we know that project could have been scrapped.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    The problem is they need the extra staff. Content they have talked about for over a year still isn't out.

Pretty much. Ive lost a lot of interest in the game just due to the lack of new content.

New characters are nice. For about a day. But really how different are they at this point 50 characters in?

They have also already released all the A and B team heroes. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel these days with Warmachine, Kitty, Blade.

I wanted a new chapter a YEAR ago. We haven't had a new terminal in 2 years. One new one shot in a year. Limbo was a disaster and isnt even open all the time.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hey, War Machine and Kitty are rad

Nobody gives a fuck about Blade though, he could barely even be called a C-lister before the Wesley Snipes films

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean there has been next to nothing released content wise.

I haven't even tried the trial yet. That shit was so dumb

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    They have released more content than most other ARPGs.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a spare God of Mischief recipe lying around?

• Options
    Statement from Gaz about the layoffs:
    Yesterday, as a result of company restructuring, we at Gazillion unfortunately parted ways with some truly excellent personnel. We wish them well in their future endeavors, and would recommend them to other employers in a heartbeat. To our players – the best community in gaming – rest assured that Gazillion remains very healthy, and we’re as dedicated as ever to continuing to deliver the stellar new content you’ve come to expect from us.

• Options
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    spitfire feels much better now, although they seem to have introduced a new issue where it'll fire without resetting heat properly. The targeting feels more responsive and it's wide enough to kill a handful of trash mobs with

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also 25% off costumes and heroes this weekend, although some of the newer ones aren't included

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    New Code: UNBEATABLE

For an Omega Boost

https://login.marvelheroes.com/dashboard/redeem.php

• Options
    also 25% off costumes and heroes this weekend, although some of the newer ones aren't included

Used it to buy Jean's new costume. Tried her out last night (Phoenix). I miss the toggled AoE flame. I get that it's part of Dark Phoenix, but I loved being able to just move around and have stuff die.

Speaking of which, aside from her, Storm (Thundering Maelstrom), Wanda (that bubble move), and Magneto's sig, are there any other characters that have an AoE that they can keep on while moving?

Also, since it's an Omega event, what's the best way to "use" it to earn Omegas?

• Options
    Tony's jericho missile hits an aoe that fires off in an area. And his sig is an aoe that cuts a circle around him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    No, no. I meant moves/powers that can be used while they are moving. That's why I mentioned those three particular powers.

Like, Storm can use Thundering Maelstrom and just hover through Midtown while stuff dies around her. That's what I meant. :)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    No, no. I meant moves/powers that can be used while they are moving. That's why I mentioned those three particular powers.

Like, Storm can use Thundering Maelstrom and just hover through Midtown while stuff dies around her. That's what I meant. :)

Ghost Rider's travel power leaves a big flaming trail behind him.

• Options
    scarlet witch has the thing where she twirls around in a big red ball, and war machine can run around with fire when ready active

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    He can fly with Fire when Ready on as well. Doesn't do a ton of damage but its there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Guess it's just Storm and Scarlet Witch then. Magneto's is a sig and can't be maintained like the other two. (All are large circular areas centered on the user.)

So, how about the Omegas question? I read a suggestion somewhere saying to wait until the last day of the event, pop all your XP boosts, and spam kill Cosmic Taskmaster.

• Options

Used it to buy Jean's new costume. Tried her out last night (Phoenix). I miss the toggled AoE flame. I get that it's part of Dark Phoenix, but I loved being able to just move around and have stuff die.

Speaking of which, aside from her, Storm (Thundering Maelstrom), Wanda (that bubble move), and Magneto's sig, are there any other characters that have an AoE that they can keep on while moving?

Also, since it's an Omega event, what's the best way to "use" it to earn Omegas?

Wait for the last two days when the XP is highest. Find a cosmic boss you can kill fast. Some like Tasky because his instance is small, some like The Hood because his instance is always the same, some like Kingpin. Doesn't matter who. Save up every XP boost you have and pop it before you repeatedly and frequently kick the shit out the guy you pick.

If you don't have XP boosts, the following codes will give you some:

INSTITUTE = Taskmaster Reward Box which has various boosts.
    2015 = Three fortune cards which give you a chance for boosts.
    2NDBDAY = Iridium triple boost.
    UNBEATABLE = Omega boost.

If you have cube shards, turn them into fortune cards. Fortune cards can give you XP boosts.

The following boosts stack:
    Avengers Boost
    Omega Boost
    Cosmic Penta
    IBoost
    Winter Wonderland Boost
    XP bar
    XP cup
    Iridium cup
    Gift yourself 25g boost
    Beach party XP boost
    Summer boost

But the bigger, more important question is...should I actually be farming for Omega points right now. And that depends. You really want your personal XP boost to be at least 150% before buffs. And then it matters if you're in a position to pop boosts. If you won't be at 300% buffs from boosts (so 450%) then you should probably save the boosts, wait for the next Omega event. And I wouldn't hardcore farm if I was under 1000 Omega. Your killing speed might not be high enough to justify the time.

• Options
    Also, if you have Stash space, midtown madness will be upon us. Save up your boxes to open them on Wednesday/Thursday. It's not a huge bump by itself but if you have boosts, might as well wring out every drop. And if you really want to be anal about it, check what heroes at 60 you have that don't have their "All of their uniques" achievements. Have them pop boxes till they get it for the orb case.

• Options
    server side +xp is multiplicative with boosts and such, isn't it? So waiting until thursday is a potentially big deal

that being said I can't really be bothered to fill my whole inventory/stash for 3-4 days

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    also cosmic midtown is probably your best bet, as far as just farming exp. You get boss kills about once a minute for a big chunk of exp, and it's more fun than mindlessly grinding taskmaster.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    LzZUg4c.png

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Since they released 2015: PoE has released two massive updates including a whole new chapter and several dozen skills, redid the passive tree, added in player housing and masters.

Diablo 3 has done two fairly huge updates and there seasons, redoing most of the games end game content and restructuring all their item builds and stuff like the new cube.

Grim dawn has released three professions, two chapters, a meaningful rep system and overhauled items, stats and crafting.

Man that's just what I know off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

Gaz releases a few small areas that were stale after the second run and a bunch of heroes that basically just ran with the horrible itemization.

I dunno. I'm unimpressed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Hey folks,

Today's build contains some significant changes for Black Panther's power set.

In addition to bringing up Black Panther's overall damage, these changes are intended to give some sharper definition to Black Panther's build options, while also adding flexibility to how you use your burst damage powers, and condensing some passive powers to free up power points for active powers.

Enervating Slash - Converted from Basic to Spirit spender with a base cost of 6. DoT is now considered a Bleed.
    Slashing Lunge - Hitbox size increased to make this power easier to land on moving targets. Bonus damage increased to 60% per stack. Knockdown duration no longer scales.
    Scything Sweep - Damage increased. Fixed a bug in which it was not applying a stack of Enervating Slash's DoT. Weaken duration is now displayed on the tooltip.
    Fan of Knives - Spirit base cost increased to 15.
    Cryo-Dagger - Now also applies the Chill keyword to affected targets. Slow and splash damage radius increased. Base cost decreased to 12. Tooltip now shows slow duration. Freeze duration no longer scales.
    Triple Throw - Damage vs Slow converted to vs Chilled enemies (which works on CC immune targets such as Raid bosses).
    Evasive Throw - Now converts Triple Throw into a Spirit spender (base cost 12) with 50% more damage for 12s after activation. This allows you to choose whether Triple Throw is used as a spender or a Basic on demand.
    Claw Slash - Critical damage rating converted to Critical & Brutal Damage percent bonus.
    Predator's Frenzy - Bonus vs bosses replaced with damage vs Bleeding and increased attack speed while attacking bleeding targets.
    Savage Strike - DoT duration increased to 8s.
    Knockdown Sweep - Now gains 100% damage, execute, and 8s cooldown if used within 4s of Stealthy Escape. 3s cooldown removed as a result. This allows it to be a spammable AoE or as a powerful burst damage power.
    Stealthy Escape - Now travels 50% farther and faster if used 3 times consecutively. Effect wears off if not constantly activating. This allows the power to be used in close quarters to position for Knockdown Sweep while also being useful as a travel power. Base cost reduced to 8.
    Panther Leap - Also travels 50% farther and faster if used 3 times consecutively similar to Stealthy Escape.
    Blessing of Bast - Power removed and passive affixes merged with Panther Soul and Panther Grace. Panther Grace inherits the Cleanse functionality and Spirit on hit affix. Panther Soul gains minimap radar. Tenacity removed.
    Jungle Snare - Clarified Vulnerability duration is 2s after enemy leaves the hotspot. Cooldown removed, but max simultaneous Snares active at a time now limited to 2. Duration increased to 8s. Base cost reduced to 20.
    Wrath of Bast - Damage increased. Spirit cost removed.
    Vibranium Trap - Gains 100% damage and 8s CD if used within 4s of Panther Leap. Similar to Knockdown Sweep, this allows you to use it without cooldown normally, and leverage it as a burst damage cooldown as desired. Bomb timer reduced to 1s. Base cost increased to 20.
    Dora Milaje - Now inherit Black Panther's stats instead of using summon affixes.
    Panther Grace - 10% damage negation after using Melee power has been merged into Panther Soul's always active damage negation, increasing it to 20%.

Please use this thread for any feedback or bug reports for Black Panther from today's Test Center.

Thanks!
    Hey folks,

Winter Soldier's tuning changes are now available on Test Center for initial feedback.

While Winter Soldier's core kit is already pretty strong, we wanted to make some targeted changes to a few notable weaknesses such as Spirit sustain and a couple cases of animation time to improve playability and general quality of life.

Relentless Pursuit - Spirit on critical hit now scales with additional ranks. Health on critical hit added.
    Dispatch - Animation time reduced.
    Knife Throw - Animation time reduced. Base projectile speed increased (Bionic projectile speed remains same).
    Reposition - New Arsenal and Bionic effect: Your next Unseen Death (Arsenal) or Dispatch (Bionic) will be guaranteed to critically hit.
    Shoulder-check - New Arsenal effect: Decrease cooldown of Unseen Death by 2s. New Bionic effect: gain Electric Charge 3 times faster than with other powers.
    Enhanced Bionics - Damage rating after using a Firearms power increased to match Enhanced Arsenal.
    Underslung Grenade & Explosive Sabotage - Vulnerability and Weaken swapped.

Please use this thread for any feedback or bug reports for Winter Soldier on Test Center.

3bPqqjl.png

• Options
    Brevik confirmed on stream that Doomsaw and Amthua are currently not employed by Gaz. He said they are trying to work out new contracts for both. Said it was a "terrible" week.

• Options
    Damn didn't think they were doing that bad. They always acted like rainbows and unicorns before this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That is typical of business, you never talk about how bad things are, or everyone jumps ship.

I have a feeling they overreached when trying to add in new features and hired too many people.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Brevik confirmed on stream that Doomsaw and Amthua are currently not employed by Gaz. He said they are trying to work out new contracts for both. Said it was a "terrible" week.

man how does that even happen

I mean if you just intended to lay them off then fine, but this seems kinda wacky

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if both of them don't return.
    Ryolnir wrote:

Hey all,

As you've seen in the official statement, yes, there has been restructuring at Gazillion, and as Brevik said, not everything has shaken out just yet. I can't discuss any specifics since 1) people's personal and professional lives are, well, private and it's their business if they want to share with you guys, and 2) I think there's probably something about privacy rules involved as far as the company goes.

Regardless, we're still full speed ahead on everything you know about and more - we still have an aggressive schedule planned over the next year (we wouldn't be the Marvel Heroes team if we didn't!) and plenty of content+heroes to release. Kitty Pryde and Danger Room are both still on track for their previously estimated release dates (should both be on TC in the next 2 weeks) and we have a lot of stuff planned for MH2016 (speaking merely of the things you don't know everything about, since you already know of a lot from our recent PAX panel!)

I <3 you guys and understand you're freaked out. Marvel Heroes is not going away. Ultron not taking over. I'm still going to troll you as often as possible.

Now if you'll excuse me, I was just looking over Boss Specific & Raid Drop Rates with the items team and working on Kitty Pryde & Sunspot power names.

Worth noting: there are like 200 of similar threads popping up and we may consolidate them into one place. I don't mind if you guys discuss, but we do ask that you guys show respect to employees past, present and future, as always! If you have questions, you can PM me and I'll do the best I can to answer, but as I said, I can't really talk about specific changes at this time.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Does anyone have a spare Doop Rune that I can pay back once another Cosmic Chaos event happens? I need one for Doop Inspiration but I also have to buy the recipe and I am just short on worldstones to be able to get both.

(I finally caved and am building a summoner Doom. DOOM DOES NOT CAVE!)

• Options
    does the cosmic vendor sell regular doop runes, or the gifted ones? I don't think gifted ones can be traded to other players (I would buy you one if they can, though)

also, does anybody play jean grey as hybrid mental/energy? I see there's builds posted for it, but I don't really get how it works. Do you just dance in and out of the stance?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    does the cosmic vendor sell regular doop runes, or the gifted ones? I don't think gifted ones can be traded to other players (I would buy you one if they can, though)

also, does anybody play jean grey as hybrid mental/energy? I see there's builds posted for it, but I don't really get how it works. Do you just dance in and out of the stance?

Oh. Duh. You're right, you can't trade gifted runes. Damn.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next Cosmic Chaos then, lol.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Since they released 2015: PoE has released two massive updates including a whole new chapter and several dozen skills, redid the passive tree, added in player housing and masters.

Diablo 3 has done two fairly huge updates and there seasons, redoing most of the games end game content and restructuring all their item builds and stuff like the new cube.

Grim dawn has released three professions, two chapters, a meaningful rep system and overhauled items, stats and crafting.

Man that's just what I know off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

Gaz releases a few small areas that were stale after the second run and a bunch of heroes that basically just ran with the horrible itemization.

I dunno. I'm unimpressed.

I know people love to yell at the specific game in its own thread. Its fine to be hipster. People will trivialize content released by one they are mad at and it is understandable. But new character every month for a long time now. Couple times two chars. Raids. Team ups. Stash 2.0. Chievs. Old Character upgrades. etc etc. I say everything they have released is content and you might not. That is a semantic battle. But to say they have been sitting on their hands for 2 years is disingenuous at best.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    New characters are great. If they weren't still running the same content from three years ago.

Or just grinding cmm for the 47996489589758755855 hour. Or killing the same kurse terminal we've all done at least four thousand times.

You can claim it's hipster and yet MH absolutely hemorrhages players because it is literally the same shit every single time.

There isn't anything worth doing. At least other games have rewarding, randomized dungeons with often interesting mechanics and bosses. Musp wasn't bad, but axis raid is a damn mechanical joke that's basically just a start check with fucking awful drop chances.

Hell they've gone and removed stuff like the pretty damn random challenge stages they could have doubled down on and given much more replay than those awful one shots that I assume a large portion of the player base loathes.

But I mean, I guess whatever. There is a reason they've lost half their average players over the last few months, their forums have lost some prolific old posters and they've cut integral employees. I'm sure it's because all that content just burnt them out. I'm sure they just had too much fun playing hero number x for the 3000 hour of midtown.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    It is the same shit in any ARPG it is just branded differently. The latest release for D3? You can just start the grind earlier. The Cube? A grind based off of RNG drops (legos). Seasons? Same thing with changing treats at the end. The transmog they released on the newest one being the same or very similar to the first season. PoE? New content is a direct extension of all prior content. With huge grind at the top or those big L items. This is a bonus for some but for others it is same shit as last time.

I guess the core of my statement is perspective. You have a negative perspective of MH. I play ARPGs for grinding and loot "whore"ding. /shrug This game does it as well as any other. The game hemorrhaging players may not be as simple as it seems. I enjoy this game but I have put a ton of time into and taking a break from all ARPGs right now. If I were to come back to one it would be MH. People always go back to other games when new releases and when D3 released the last update MHs numbers went down. Same with PoEs last release of content.

We shall see what happens. I am happy with MH. One of the best f2p games out there. Even though I am taking a break I refuse to be the jaded old player when the game has given me 1200 hours of fun.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I haven't played PoE in a really long time so I dunno what it's up to, but diablo 3 is a supremely bad example of a game that releases new content with any frequency. They rebalance sets periodically to enable a new build or three, but we've been substantially running the same zones/maps since release. Adventure mode was a neat addition but didn't really do more than reconfigure existing assets a bit.

NREqxl5.jpg