Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I find that a silly criticism; if for some arbitrary reason some heroes started liking regular damage rating better than crit that wouldn't really change anything. And anyway there's lots of other stats that are relevant

Not really. You can say there is, but as an example people consider the sheath, a summoner artifact, to be bis for pretty much everyone simply because the crit value of it is high.

Blessings? All brut based. Artifacts? Crit. Insignia? Crit. Costumes? Crit damage. Rings? Crit. Medals don't have much crit so utility. Bet your ass if a good crit medal existed it'd be right here.

Pretty much every unique has crit glued on somewhere. Kits get crit stuffed on some passive or a hero is trash tier.

There is no stat that people won't sacrifice for crit/cdmg/brut/bdmg. All other stats are weighted against them and utility only exists in slots that don't have good crit options.

Even in those mythical non crit builds in other ARPGs you will find crit would drastically increase deeps as well. It is just the bulid doesn't "rely" on it. If we want to be technical there are other stats to chase in this game. Specialized dmg means you most likely farming other artis in order to get all BiS. Then of course summon dmg. You dont need well over 50% crit because of DR so if you want to be "the best" you move that extra crit or brute to other stats like survivability or attack speed (for those characters that use it) or the like.

So to summarize. I think you all are being very unfair. And WAY overgeneralizing.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    people consider the sheath BiS because it's flagrantly overitemized, not just because it has crit on it (and it isn't even really BiS for lots of builds anymore, with the new limbo and ARMOR artis)

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I find that a silly criticism; if for some arbitrary reason some heroes started liking regular damage rating better than crit that wouldn't really change anything. And anyway there's lots of other stats that are relevant

Not really. You can say there is, but as an example people consider the sheath, a summoner artifact, to be bis for pretty much everyone simply because the crit value of it is high.

Blessings? All brut based. Artifacts? Crit. Insignia? Crit. Costumes? Crit damage. Rings? Crit. Medals don't have much crit so utility. Bet your ass if a good crit medal existed it'd be right here.

Pretty much every unique has crit glued on somewhere. Kits get crit stuffed on some passive or a hero is trash tier.

There is no stat that people won't sacrifice for crit/cdmg/brut/bdmg. All other stats are weighted against them and utility only exists in slots that don't have good crit options.

Even in those mythical non crit builds in other ARPGs you will find crit would drastically increase deeps as well. It is just the bulid doesn't "rely" on it. If we want to be technical there are other stats to chase in this game. Specialized dmg means you most likely farming other artis in order to get all BiS. Then of course summon dmg. You dont need well over 50% crit because of DR so if you want to be "the best" you move that extra crit or brute to other stats like survivability or attack speed (for those characters that use it) or the like.

So to summarize. I think you all are being very unfair. And WAY overgeneralizing.

Actually those "mythical" builds don't use crit at all and have some of the best damage in the game. Some literally take a passive that makes it so you can't crit at all in return for other advantages. Surprisingly if you don't design a game like it's a 90s ARPG you can do a lot of things that make crit not the best stat in every situation!

You actually suggesting survivability must be a joke I'm not in on because all the unique reviews slathered health into everything. Even new artifacts like the sheath just bolt on health. Kits give Dr or the hero is trash and gets it eventually. Every core is an invincibility core. Bam. All the survivability you need.

It's not being unfair, this is literally how MH is badly designed and they had plenty of examples to follow to avoid the pitfall.

Also getting to 65/60 is easily doable and is a far larger dps increase than anything else you could do with your gear. Stats come primarily from omegas because they were smart enough to give a horrible value to what little crit there is in the omega line. (Even then mid to max facemelt is standard for pretty much everyone ever.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    anyway there actually is an excellent crit medallion: bullseye. It's popular enough, but there are alternatives with even more ridiculous stats (doom medallion, looking at you) so people use those instead.

again, for the sake of argument, let's assume that some other stat were better than crit. If IAS didn't have such punishing diminishing returns it probably would be (and is imo already severely underrated on lots of heroes), or damage rating, or whatever. Now people are stacking that instead of crit. Is this 'better?' Does it make any difference at all? No, not really.

• Options
    anyway there actually is an excellent crit medallion: bullseye. It's popular enough, but there are alternatives with even more ridiculous stats (doom medallion, looking at you) so people use those instead.

again, for the sake of argument, let's assume that some other stat were better than crit. If IAS didn't have such punishing diminishing returns it probably would be (and is imo already severely underrated on lots of heroes), or damage rating, or whatever. Now people are stacking that instead of crit. Is this 'better?' Does it make any difference at all? No, not really.

Shockingly you can design a game that doesn't induce stacking a singular stat on every single character. It's not that hard to conceive. Hell they got close with Punisher.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Are you talking about PoE? Because those builds just forgo crit or elemental damage to play round mobs and affixes that wreck your face if you over stack one. Crit would still increase deeps though. That is a nice thing PoE does though. But I still think if Marvel tried to add something like that people would flip the fuck out.

Essentially Marvel is in a no win situation. So they make the pretty numbers go up and up. Hey that is a big reason I play ARPGs.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The issue is, crit/brut is increasing your damage by 2-5x fold, while ias is only like a 25% increase, and only to point you run out of spirit. Not only is it a vastly larger increase, it increases your dps without cost, and isn't hindered by having to move to dodge attacks.

What should be happening stats wise is more like;
    Crit is better for low resource heroes or low attack speed heroes, who want to hit hard with what few attacks they get before recharging or having to move.
    IAS is better for infinite resource heroes, they are just throwing out as many attacks as fast as possible.

They can't uncap IAS limits due to animations probably, so they need to lower the cap on crit so you can't get such crazy numbers out of it without trying.

• Options
    'without trying'

I don't really think there's any merit in imposing DR on crit just to make people stack damage rating instead; that wouldn't be more fun (big red numbers are fun) and wouldn't be any more 'interesting.'

IAS and crit/brut are both multiplicative; if IAS weren't saddled with strong diminishing returns and animation time issues it would be just as good (and already is on characters that use a lot of channeled attacks that get % bonuses from it)

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2015
    Without trying, in the sense that you can get crazy amounts of crit and brut with no real effort or luck at drops, that gives you vastly more deeps than the same effort into attack rating or ias.

IAS is inherently inferior to crit due to the fact it eats more resources to do more damage. Crit/Brut is free extra damage.

It would be interesting if they made every crit or brut eat whatever your percentage of extra damage is, in resource costs. Want to do 5x damage? It's going to eat 5x the spirit when it crits.

Morkath on
  • Options
    This game centers around Omegas. If you dont have them your character doesnt do nearly as much dmg as someone who does because you are missing the big +fight/str/etc nodes and the big Crit and Brute dmg nodes. You can get your character there in crit and brute chance but the gear only goes so far. Well a bit farther these days I guess.

• Options
    'without trying'

I don't really think there's any merit in imposing DR on crit just to make people stack damage rating instead; that wouldn't be more fun (big red numbers are fun) and wouldn't be any more 'interesting.'

IAS and crit/brut are both multiplicative; if IAS weren't saddled with strong diminishing returns and animation time issues it would be just as good (and already is on characters that use a lot of channeled attacks that get % bonuses from it)

Actually it would be more interesting. Because they could have better control over output. It'd make it universally better for balancing encounters and such. If people had to stack certain damage types they could plan artifacts around including or excluding users by damage type. So your could get that sweet crit and health but the damage does nothing for you. So maybe some other item will be more valuable for you.

Diversity, balance, actual item variety. There are a lot of attractive reasons for culling the current crit dependency. It's not really a no win situation, it's extreme apathy on top of a playerbase that has such low expectations of them that it becomes the norm.

I mean look at that dang winter soldier unique.

(And to answer, yes path of exile. Where a lot of skills straight can't crit. Or the crit scaling isn't great. There are a lot of reasons to use all manner of stats and items and a large portion is very competitive. There are crit builds still but they have actual downsides and aren't the be all end all.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I just started playing this game recently. It's fun! Is there anyway to get into a different story mode instance than the one you find yourself in or are you just fucked if you find yourself in a zone with a bunch of 60's obliterating everything as fast as it spawns? There doesn't seem to be much consistency to it, sometimes I'm in a area and the zone is dead, even at times when I would expect activity. Other times the same area will be overflowing with people and trying to complete the objectives involves circling the area 500-1,000 times which isn't super fun.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Since they got rid of the difficulty settings, not sure if you can still force an instance switch without logging out for like 15 mins.

• Options
    does switching characters do it?

• Options
    does switching characters do it?

No, it doesn't.

Last night I found myself locked to an empty Hell's Kitchen instance so I ran several characters through the story missions there and collected those sweet sweet shards. All had the same empty instance of Hells Kitchen, map already revealed etc.

Today I'm locked to the worst fucking instance of east side imaginable.

It's a total crap shoot as far as I can tell.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    M7nodQU.png

• Options
    Yeah Gaz is a strong community contact company. One of the better ones out actually.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Yeah Gaz is a strong community contact company. One of the better ones out actually.

It's cut off but his response was just about a minute after the post.

• Options
    Iron Fist Info:
    Will he have a permanent summon tree like Luke Cage?

Not at this point, his design does not have any summons. He is a fighter through and through. Very focused on capturing his kung-fu mastery.
    I see no mention of Chi. He'd better have some awesome visuals!

He most definitely uses Chi. It wouldn't be Iron Fist without Chi.

We're getting Wu Ao-Shi enhanced costume.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Couple things:

1. Anyone have a Thor rune they'd be willing to trade? I have an Odin or a Loki rune I can offer (how do you unstack them though?).

2. I have an M'Kraan core that has invuln, health/spirit restore, +1 Int and +10 credits. Anyone have something similar but with Energy or Fighting instead?

• Options
    Goblin currently leading the GI poll, with Wasp very close behind in 2nd and Angela in 3rd. Everyone else is way behind.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    So I keep hearing that Black Widow is terrible but she's cheap and has a plethora of fun powers. Should I just go ahead and spend my shards?

-edit-

also her default costume is fine and that's a plus

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    So I keep hearing that Black Widow is terrible but she's cheap and has a plethora of fun powers. Should I just go ahead and spend my shards?

-edit-

She has some spirit issues. It's not a dealbreaker for her. Black Panther and Deadpool are the two I'd tell people to actually avoid right now.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

-edit-

She has some spirit issues. It's not a dealbreaker for her. Black Panther and Deadpool are the two I'd tell people to actually avoid right now.

I noticed the spirit issues immediately. I rather enjoy playing cat and mouse with the enemies in the private maps in the opening sequence but I'm sure it will be annoying in public areas where constant aoe spam wins the day.

• Options

-edit-

I noticed the spirit issues immediately. I rather enjoy playing cat and mouse with the enemies in the private maps in the opening sequence but I'm sure it will be annoying in public areas where constant aoe spam wins the day.

She has some AoE of her own.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular

-edit-

she does get better with some gear as far as the spirit issues are concerned. She was probably one of the easiest heroes I have to get to 60. Just went in and wrecked pretty well with her. She's not great at any one thing, but does pretty good at most.

253J736.png
  • Options
    widow is pretty fun; they just nerfed/fixed her spirit return passive, which means that you can't just run a basic-less build from level 45 like you could before. It still works fine at 60 if you gear her a bit for spirit return though (stick a zola on her, use a medkit core, etc.)

she has some fun toys like the taunting bomb and on-demand stealth too, which are nice in patrols

• Options
    Patch notes:
    ODIN’S BOUNTY EVENT
    The Odin’s Bounty event returns! The event rotation will begin at 12:01 AM PDT Friday, September 18th! The full rotation schedule will be posted later today.

Bosses will drop Chests of Odin's Bounty. These chests are loot boxes that you can collect and then open later for an epic lootsplosion! Chests of Odin's Bounty have a high chance to contain Runes and Odin Marks, as well as a chance to drop the Mysterious Crimson Box, which contains rare boss-specific artifacts. Odin's Bounty Boosts are back as well and include a jackpot chance!

Additionally, everyone has a rare chance to receive Odin's Blessing, which gives your chests special jackpot loot! Odin's Bounty Potions have been known to increase your chances of receiving Odin's Blessing.

ITEM CHANGES
    As promised, the items team has continued to review drop rates of rare “boss specific” items through the game. The following items have been changed:

Shocker’s Vibroshock Gauntlets Unique has an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals.

Doctor Octopus’s Doctor Octobot Controller Unique has an increased chance of dropping in Green, Red, and Cosmic terminals, as well as Midtown Manhattan Patrol and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan patrol.

Mr. Sinister’s Cuirass Unique has an increased chance of dropping in Red and Cosmic Terminals as well as Midtown Manhattan Patrol and Cosmic Midtown Manhattan patrol.

Batroc's Savate Boots have an increased chance of dropping in Industry City Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

Kirigi’s Sanjaku-Tenugui has an increased chance of dropping in Industry City Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

Kirigi’s Katana has an increased chance of dropping in Industry City Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

The Spider-Clone Serum has an increased chance of dropping in Industry City Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

The Mindless Titan’s Essence of Dread has an increased chance of dropping in Industry Patrol and Cosmic Industry City Patrol.

The Gem of the Kursed and Hand of Doom drop rates in Midtown were set incorrectly high due to the fact that multiple enemies in the wave have a chance to drop it. They have been lowered.

Still to come: Axis One-Shot Items, The Hood’s Nisanti Boots.

The boss version of Hulk featured in Holo-Sim will always drop his medallion.

Winter Soldier’s Uniques have been reviewed to coincide with his latest balance changes and two new Uniques were added to assist in his build diversity.

New boss artifacts have been created for Moleman, Sabretooth and Black Cat! These will all drop in Midtown Manhattan Patrol.

OTHER CHANGES & BUG FIXES
    Fixed an issue with a Luke Cage unique giving far too much attack speed.

Camera behavior during teleport powers is now adjustable in the Video Settings menu. The two options are “Smooth” (the previous default behavior) and “Fast” (the new behavior).

Corrected Black Widow’s return on crit to have a 1 second cooldown (as all similar powers have).

Fixed a bug when purchasing a new S.T.A.S.H. tab before the previous purchase was completed for the Quicksilver-adept fans of S.T.A.S.H. tabs.

Removed the errant hidden cooldown from the damage buff portion of Rogue's Plasma Wave (Havok) stolen power.

CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT
    Kitty Pryde
    Danger Room Game Mode
    Sunspot Team-Up
    Spider-Gwen Team-Up (And with it, new powers for Spider-Man himself!)
    Blade
    Defense & Dodge Review
    Deadpool 52 Review

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    The Gem of the Kursed and Hand of Doom drop rates in Midtown were set incorrectly high due to the fact that multiple enemies in the wave have a chance to drop it. They have been lowered.

I call shenanigans. I've lived in Midtown all week from leveling Nova and I never saw either of these items drop. >.>

• Options
    The crates of 200 SHIELD Medkits is in. It was actually in last patch but bugged for most people.

• Options
    Gaz doing Gaz things:
    Ryolnir wrote:

Many of these items were dropping from the wrong loot tables entirely unfortunately, so we're removing their chance to drop until next patch. And yes, that means they were not only dropping from the wrong places (everywhere, like a normal artifact), but too often.

Black Cat's Grappling Hook will continue to drop from Black Cat in Midtown normally. Her artifact is fine and dropping correctly.

Mole Man's Staff, Sabretooth's Furry Mane, Pyro's Flamethrower, and Fred Duke's Bodysuit will all return next week.

If you got the items, they will not be lost.

• Options
    Ugh, Angela has pulled in front of the GI poll...

• Options
    edited September 2015
    So they are making Kitty Pride, that's cool. Will totally want to unlock her. Don't care about Angela at all.

I hope they make Cloak and Dagger someday but apparently they have a sharply limited fanbase and even Marvel seems to not like them very much.

-edit-

Also don't care about Blade at all. I mean... really, Blade? I think Twilight permanently killed off vampires for me.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Brevik said several times they want Cloak and Dagger and they would make the combo of them as one playable unit.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    They really need to put in some sort of warning about the credit limit cap.

As a new player I had no idea it existed and I went over 3,000,000 the other day and don't even know how much potential credits I lost when I could have easily upgraded or rerolled a unique to put myself under cap if only there had been an indication.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Ugh, Angela has pulled in front of the GI poll...

The GI poll is being gamed to hell and back. They didn't require authentication of the e-mail sign ups so Wasp and Angela were botted up way up.

• Options
    They really need to put in some sort of warning about the credit limit cap.

As a new player I had no idea it existed and I went over 3,000,000 the other day and don't even know how much potential credits I lost when I could have easily upgraded or rerolled a unique to put myself under cap if only there had been an indication.

Don't sell your stuff for credits. Donate them to your crafter then your enchanter. That's how you level them and it unlocks better stuff. If you have leveled both of them then don't worry about it. If you need cash you can stockpile them via the 5 uniques to credit chest option. I've got 20 million credits sitting in my stash for that very reason. And getting 3 million credits doesn't take very long.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Brevik said several times they want Cloak and Dagger and they would make the combo of them as one playable unit.

Cloak has an in game appearance already too.