Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Asros posted:

In chapter 9, there are rotating area events just like in many of our story mode zones. What you may not know is that these events have a chance to drop 3 pretty unique artifacts.

These were originally only from normal story mode and dropped for level ~27 or so. With the unified story mode update recently, these 3 artifacts were upgraded for players in their upper 50s to fit the level range of the zone.

ts5JV7g.jpg

AJ6H47f.jpg

kxHJsQW.jpg

These artifacts, since they are for near to max level characters, have a chance to drop from completing the area events. You are not limited to have 1 or any other restrictions and can be dropped/traded like other end game artifacts.

Since they are a chance drop from these events, many players may not know about them. Just thought you all would like to know

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Ugh, Angela has pulled in front of the GI poll...

The GI poll is being gamed to hell and back. They didn't require authentication of the e-mail sign ups so everybody was botted up way up.

Fixed. Don't kid yourself. Also, the poll still has less than 2500 votes, so the complaints about botting are greatly exaggerated.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    those polls are pretty irrelevant anyway; it's the difference of a couple of months between heroes at most

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    But I want Ms. Marvel noooooowwww

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    They really need to put in some sort of warning about the credit limit cap.

As a new player I had no idea it existed and I went over 3,000,000 the other day and don't even know how much potential credits I lost when I could have easily upgraded or rerolled a unique to put myself under cap if only there had been an indication.

Don't sell your stuff for credits. Donate them to your crafter then your enchanter. That's how you level them and it unlocks better stuff. If you have leveled both of them then don't worry about it. If you need cash you can stockpile them via the 5 uniques to credit chest option. I've got 20 million credits sitting in my stash for that very reason. And getting 3 million credits doesn't take very long.

I maxed my crafter and enchanter by laboriously feeding them loot (god that was tedious) and now I have the option set to auto-feed anything blue or below to my pet. I'm still manually feeding purples to my pet because I have lowbies who still wear purples.

But before I got the pet I was selling stuff because once I got the weapon and gear merchants to around level 10 I realized that leveling them was incredibly fucking tedious and also utterly pointless.

It's not that I'm hurting for cash, I upgraded a unique to 60 in preparation for my Hawkeye hitting 60 sometime soon, and then re-rolled one of his already 60 uniques a couple times and then I was pretty broke again. I recognize that the money I lost being at cap was ultimately trivial, I just think there should be a notifier when you hit the credit cap to remind you to go spend some money.

If they can give me 15 different notifications during the story fight against the dark elf king from Thor 2 (seriously there were way too many text pop ups during that fight) they can give me a notification that I'm at the credit cap.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I still keep grabbing all medallions I see even if I know they're worthless because one day I want the Thanos Imperative Star-Lord costume.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I still keep grabbing all medallions I see even if I know they're worthless because one day I want the Thanos Imperative Star-Lord costume.

.../does not understand

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular

.../does not understand

There's an achievement named Tomb Raider, for which the reward is a Star-Lord costume. One part of it is to loot one thousand medallions.

• Options
    Ahh.

I don't even know these things exist, lol. I remember getting Nova to level 60 and seeing all these achievements pop up and wondering what some of them were.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    But I want Ms. Marvel noooooowwww

TOO LATE

ANGELA ALL THE TIME FOREVER.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the 'hard' (read: grindy) part of that one is the treasure rooms anyway; you'll pick up enough medallions in the course of regular play long before you do those, I would think

• Options
    the 'hard' (read: grindy) part of that one is the treasure rooms anyway; you'll pick up enough medallions in the course of regular play long before you do those, I would think

Your best bet at doing it without too much grinding is to just play the story mode when leveling a character from 1-60 and grind it out once you're done with all your characters.

Nowadays that's not too bad seeing as how story mode is the fastest way to level.

• Options

Your best bet at doing it without too much grinding is to just play the story mode when leveling a character from 1-60 and grind it out once you're done with all your characters.

Nowadays that's not too bad seeing as how story mode is the fastest way to level.

Is it really? I've just been doing MM and the occasional terminal/one-shot when the influence missions pop up.

• Options

Is it really? I've just been doing MM and the occasional terminal/one-shot when the influence missions pop up.

Its very fast exp, yeah.

One issue though (at least for me as a new player who doesn't have eleventy million infinity shards) is that you quickly outlevel each area and shards stop dropping, whereas if you are in terminals or patrol zones you get your shard every 10 minutes or so.

• Options
    So what team-up characters are good anyway? I only bought one, which is Quicksilver and I like him with Hawkeye but find that I sort of loathe him on any melee characters because of the way he darts off screen and does stuff and then drags mobs away from me when I'm trying to melee them.

Even with ranged characters sometimes he will move mobs right when I'm letting off an attack causing me to miss. I've noticed that he isn't very popular (I've only seen a handful of people using him) and I'm thinking that other teamups are probably better and lack his annoying qualities.

Or do they? Maybe they all dart around and do annoying shit and people just deal with it because stuff does die faster when you have them out.

What are people's opinions?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So what team-up characters are good anyway? I only bought one, which is Quicksilver and I like him with Hawkeye but find that I sort of loathe him on any melee characters because of the way he darts off screen and does stuff and then drags mobs away from me when I'm trying to melee them.

Even with ranged characters sometimes he will move mobs right when I'm letting off an attack causing me to miss. I've noticed that he isn't very popular (I've only seen a handful of people using him) and I'm thinking that other teamups are probably better and lack his annoying qualities.

Or do they? Maybe they all dart around and do annoying shit and people just deal with it because stuff does die faster when you have them out.

What are people's opinions?

Most of them will be kind of all over the place. Some a bit less. Groot sometimes wanders off but mostly he tends going after what I'm hitting. Generally it doesn't matter very much what team up you use. Very few builds benefit much from the active powers.* The best DPS gains tend to come from having them out. So it's a trade off between slightly better DPS (Coulson) or slightly more utility (Groot, Magik). Honestly go with the person you think is coolest.**

*On Rocket, the vulnerability power is a DPS loss and shit. So I use Falcon Cap who has a vulnerability power.
    ** Doom. The correct answer for this is Doom. Always Doom.

• Options
    Quicksilver is kind of the most annoying one in terms of being all over the place because that's his thing. Other team ups will wander off but not nearly as much as him.

• Options
    The Deadpools are also good for the cosmic trial, with their taunt and stun.

I actually use Quicksilver with Wanda. Once he gets his taunt he's able to draw mobs to one spot and I nuke them down. :)

• Options
    The Deadpools are also good for the cosmic trial, with their taunt and stun.

I actually use Quicksilver with Wanda. Once he gets his taunt he's able to draw mobs to one spot and I nuke them down. :)

Yeah his taunt is incredibly helpful on Hawkeye. But I hit 60 and am now leveling Cap and too often I find myself throwing my shield at empty space or running after things trying to melee them.

I think I'll just stick him in passive mode, it's not like Cap actually needs help.

• Options
    @Regina Fong Groot is a solid and cheap physical team-up (200 splinters). Pirate Deadpool can be obtained for free by completing his treasure hunt achievement. It's not too obnoxious to do.

• Options
    @Regina Fong Groot is a solid and cheap physical team-up (200 splinters). Pirate Deadpool can be obtained for free by completing his treasure hunt achievement. It's not too obnoxious to do.

Everyone can start the Pirate Deadpool quest line. Except Magneto.

• Options
    Woo, I beat cosmic Kurse on my first attempt.

I did die one time to the trash (not even sure what got me) but Kurse himself couldn't touch me.

It turns out Quicksilver is an incredibly good tank. I don't even think his health dropped.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    It must have been those bloody ranged energy damage mobs, of which there are a ton in Cosmic Kurse. You will learn to hate those guys and strike them down without reprehension.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    It must have been those bloody ranged energy damage mobs, of which there are a ton in Cosmic Kurse. You will learn to hate those guys and strike them down without reprehension.

The Frost Giants tend to be my bane.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

The Frost Giants tend to be my bane.

Those too :)

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    And the Lizard Formula is finally mine. Finally!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I might have to boot this back up for Kitty. When exactly is she expected, and what are her abilities like?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Kitty in about two weeks (around Oct. 2nd) if things go ok on TC. Kitty is due on TC late today or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow) and Danger Room the following weekend.

EDIT:
    Ryolnir wrote:

Hey all,

Kitty Pryde as well as Black Panther changes are planned to hit Test Center this Sunday. I would expect her to arrive mid-day, Pacific time. Plan accordingly.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    Gold Herbie got.

• Options
    So I know +3 fighting for the unique slot on pets is the gold standard for a general use pet but after re-rolling my pet a few times and getting garbage +1's to various stats, I got a +3 durability.

Should I just keep that? I mean, I don't have an infinite supply of uniques and +3 to something has got to beat +1 to a better stat, right?

• Options
    durability is pretty lackluster, all things considered

if you don't have a big pile of uniques to feed your pet(s) then you might as well keep it for a while, but once you're spending most of your time at max level you'll have a pretty steady flow of them to feed it

• Options

if you don't have a big pile of uniques to feed your pet(s) then you might as well keep it for a while, but once you're spending most of your time at max level you'll have a pretty steady flow of them to feed it

In 4 rolls I got

+1 durability
    +1 durability
    +1 durability
    +3 durability

I figured quit while I was ahead. The whole thing seems less than random IMO.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Yeah i got variations of +1 - +3 speed 7 rolls in a row once. Just keep on rolling.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options

In 4 rolls I got

+1 durability
    +1 durability
    +1 durability
    +3 durability

If you have more than one pet, swap the stats with it. That way if you decide you want the stats later, you'll have it.

(Of course, this also swaps all the stats on both pets, so be sure before you swap.)

• Options
    What are the general rules for the unique pet rolls. +3 fighting or +2 if that's the best you can get, unless you're running a summoner like Doom/Squirrel Girl/Iceman, then its +3 intelligence?

Also, any good reason to keep a +3 energy? I'm thinking maybe for Cyclops, Ms. Marvel or Phoenix Jean, but that's all I can think of and I'm not sure if +3 fighting is still better.

• Options
    edited September 2015

In 4 rolls I got

+1 durability
    +1 durability
    +1 durability
    +3 durability

If you have more than one pet, swap the stats with it. That way if you decide you want the stats later, you'll have it.

(Of course, this also swaps all the stats on both pets, so be sure before you swap.)

The problem is that the other rolls are great:

2% less damage from melee powers
    +50 Spirit
    +10% brut damage
    +2 ranks to ranged powers

It's only the last one that is lame. The others are all generally good, and good for Hawkeye in particular. I am probably just going to wait until I have enough uniques to re-roll it many times before I try to reroll it, to lessen the chances of being stuck with something totally bad for a long time like +1 durability.

Regina Fong on
  • Options