Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Energy or Strength work fine for affixes, especially if you need a little extra spirit cost reduction.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    They definitely did something to the way zones work. Used to be you could log in, visit a zone, and then go do other stuff and eventually your zone would clear out as people progressed through and when you went back later it would be pretty empty and you could do the zone quests easily.

Now no matter what it loads you into a zone with 20 people all trying to do the same mission, even at 3:00 AM.

I guess they *really* want you to spend 2 hours to kill 15 symbiotes.

Because that's fun, right?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    They definitely did something to the way zones work. Used to be you could log in, visit a zone, and then go do other stuff and eventually your zone would clear out as people progressed through and when you went back later it would be pretty empty and you could do the zone quests easily.

Now no matter what it loads you into a zone with 20 people all trying to do the same mission, even at 3:00 AM.

I guess they *really* want you to spend 2 hours to kill 15 symbiotes.

Because that's fun, right?

Not quite. When they revamped story mode it made the XP there viable. It went from being the worst place to level to the best. So it's increased the population density pretty dramatically. The removal of the difficulty levels didn't help either. If you make a post in the Marvel Heroes forums pointing this out they may do something. They are actually generally pretty good with feedback. Or if you want something more satisifying, subscribe to The JungleQueen's stream on twitch.

And when her husband is on and she's paying attention to chat, point out that the story mode changes have caused some population density issues. Given that her husband is the CEO of Gazillion it may get you an e-mail sent out.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Story mode is now better for leveling than MM or anything else?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Story mode is now better for leveling than MM or anything else?

Yes. And you only have to go through it once. They changed up the XP to scale better and eliminated the difficulty levels. It lead to a delightful exploit. There were a couple of quests that can be completed based on talking to NPCs. In particular Heimdall. Well those neurolizers that Clea sold could reset those quests. So you pop a bunch of boosts, do the talking quests and repeat as needed. This was a massive boon to those getting their yellow prestige.

Clea doesn't sell them any more.

• Options
    I don't have quite enough synergy for the story quests to take me to 60. Hawkeye finished at 57 and that was with a lot of side activity, and with Cap just finished tonight at 58, with substantially less side activity, but with him having the synergy bonus from my getting Hawkeye to 60 since about level 39-40ish on.

For people who have several 60's and a large synergy exp bonus, I don't see why you wouldn't hit 60 purely from doing the story.

• Options
    New Datamining.

f_kittypryde_astonishing.png

f_kittypryde_excalibur.png

f_captainmarvel_allnewalldifferent.png

f_teamup_sunspot.png

f_teamup_doubleagent_shield.png

f_teamup_doubleagent_hydra.png

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Carol looks well muscled and fit. Cant say I like the hair though. It looks like what Scar Jo has currently.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Yup. Believe he's coming up as a team-up.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    TC patch with Kitty is ready for download. TC itself should be live within the next couple hours.

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    New Ms. Marvel looks like Ellen DeGeneres.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Test Center is up.

• Options
  • Options
    Messed around with Kitty for a bit and I like her so far. Phasing and Lockheed tree seem alright, the Ninjitsu tree feels a bit lacking plus the animations seem a bit stiff. Felt a bit squishy, but I think that can be solved with gearing.

• Options
    She feels like shes about 25% done.

BP is much better now. Hes got specializations for his primary build and the Dora's. Still doesnt have new uniques yet though.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Man that specialization tech is like the bandaid to every issue.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man that specialization tech is like the bandaid to every issue.

Well Gaz did say after Doom it was something they planned to put on many characters because its a good method to allows the specialization of trees.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think it definitely has its uses

But they're using it in ways that are like "Okay if you choose this specialization toggle, you're only going to use these abilities, if you choose this specialization toggle, you'll only use these abilities..."

Having abilities do different stuff when you are using a different spec is fine, but they're just making abilities that are pointless unless you're using the appropriate specialization.

• Options
    They didn't put specialization on Kitty.

Yet.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I think it definitely has its uses

But they're using it in ways that are like "Okay if you choose this specialization toggle, you're only going to use these abilities, if you choose this specialization toggle, you'll only use these abilities..."

Having abilities do different stuff when you are using a different spec is fine, but they're just making abilities that are pointless unless you're using the appropriate specialization.

Between multiple specs and the fact that most people don't want to have to frequently cycle through quickbars, making a few abilities spec-specific doesn't seem like a serious problem.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    They didn't put specialization on Kitty.

Yet.

In a way, they did.

Using Lockheed takes away the DoT component of a lot of her other powers.

Not using Lockheed takes away a whole power tree.

She also has two powers- one in phasing, one in ninjutsu- that do the same exact thing. But IIRC they can't be used together or something like that.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    specialization lets them inject some more variety into the talent trees by having abilities do multiple things, although the way they've implemented it on some characters is kinda boring. It's pretty interesting on jean, decently so on war machine, and pretty meh on guys like cable or rocket (where it's basically just reinforcing the choices that make sense anyway.)

ultimately it exposes how old a design concept talent trees are; assigning points is fun and all, but it's much better to just present the tradeoffs as such and let players pick.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So, is something wrong with Surfer? Because I cannot seem to have two Cosmic Gifts toggled on at one time, even though the powers say that should be possible.

I can only seem to have one active.

EDIT: Also, I hear he has a teleport, but I don't see one...

ringswraith on
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    So, is something wrong with Surfer? Because I cannot seem to have two Cosmic Gifts toggled on at one time, even though the powers say that should be possible.

I can only seem to have one active.

EDIT: Also, I hear he has a teleport, but I don't see one...
    You can choose two of the toggles between comet's trail/polarity field/cosmic resonance

The teleport is called Subspace Slipstream.

• Options
    Okay, something's definitely wrong, then. I can only have one toggle active. I can't turn the second one on unless I toggle the first one, off.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So after having a complete system meltdown I should really separate some time to redownload this. Its been awhile since I played.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Dev response to Kitty feedback:
    MichaelMayhem wrote:

Hey guys!

We're processing the feedback today and have a large list of changes to make. I wanted to let you know some of those changes ahead of time, as well as give a bit of direction in why certain decisions have been made that may not be obvious at a glance. Wall of text incoming!

Design Direction

Very early on, we could tell Kitty fans had several different views of how she should feel and play, specifically in regards to which eras were represented. Many players voiced that they did not want to use Lockheed at all in any capacity. Suggestions and cover art of her wielding the katana from Shadow & Flame were aplenty as well, along with those who were against having swordplay in her kit.

We wanted to make sure we supported all of these fanbases. There are many mirrored elements between katana and phase-brawling powers, making them a more artistic preference choice. We may still be adding mechanics to better separate them, but it should always be viable to go either way. Similarly, her 3 DoT applicators applying the same stack was intended to allow for artistic and gameplay preference, rather than players being forced into a power they may not enjoy.

For example, the original design called for one DoT layer located in her Katana powers, but that would begin to out-damage the phasing option if it did not also get a DoT to compensate. We want Kitty players to be able to make the choice to best fit their playstyle and personal vision of Kitty's lore, and thus allowed up to 3 abilities to apply the DoT. That being said, we may have not communicated that intent well enough, and will be working to revise the mechanic to be more clear. Obviously she has enough layers to not be able to have these effects all stack or she'll end up requiring two skill bars for a basic damage rotation and will require more points than are available to have an enjoyable build.

Similarly, we ensured that Lockheed could be turned off, and in order to make that a viable choice, additional layer options open up in the other trees to compensate.

Watch Your Step unfortunately went out in a state where it was still in development (and clearly in a very early variation). It's design is intended to be a counterpart to Phasing Samurai - a cooldown movement power to targeted location with a powerful attached AoE damage packet. As with other powers, we'll work to make them more mechanically separated, but it primarily falls into the 'your Kitty your way' philosophy described earlier.

Regarding Walking Through Walls: This was a tough one for us to decide on, and ultimately landed on the movement power that fit the bill while having the most crisp, clean gameplay. I'll explain that a little further. There are three primary options available to use in regards to a phasing movement power that represents her ability to walk through walls.

1) The version on Test Center - technically a teleport under the hood, with a particle trail showing her travel area, even if that area is through a wall. This has the shortest animation, quickest movement, and ultimately results in the highest possible travel time. It also has the advantage of being able to be set up as a to-mouse-location dash easily, which is something we'd be doing if kept.

2) A teleport similar to Vision's, where he phases under the ground then back up at the target location. This one, due to the visual animation requirement, requires a bit more time than option 1, moreso for Kitty who would look very awkward moving as fast as Vision does. It's very do-able, but by nature would have to be slower than option 1 by at least half.

3) An experimental new option that we are currently investigating, but requires significant tech changes to how we operate movement powers. It may require more time and be a post-launch feature, or we may not proceed if it doesn't look perfect.

For those reasons, we ended up choosing option 1 - the version that had the quickest and most responsive movement by a large margin. Teleports simply are the fastest method of travel and are the most commonly requested addition to anyone who it can possibly make sense for. As I said, we're currently investigating option 3, but if the community at large really wants a under-the-ground Vision-style teleport (knowing that it must, by nature, be slower), we will definitely work on that. However, if the fast teleport-style movement that is currently on TC is what you want, and it's the visuals of the current version that are the issue, please, let us know.

Her Signature, Phased Out, is still in progress, and we'll iterate on it rapidly to make it better. It is the culmination of exactly what Kitty Pryde does in a fight, and thus is the perfect candidate for Signature, but thematically puts certain limitations in place. She can't be hitting every enemy on the screen with a simple uppercut, but we can be more forgiving with a bigger area. Faster hits are possible and we will be attempting them hopefully in the next build, but the faster she goes, the less we'll be able to visually see Kitty doing her awesome backflips and uppercuts, and we don't want to go past that breakpoint.

There's lots of bugs and issues reported that we'll tackle as well, in addition to more things I may not have covered in this post. Just wanted to get the big issues addressed as soon as possible.

Art Direction

We've heard the feedback regarding her primary visual color scheme and may be undergoing a full pass to change it. This decision has not yet been finalized but is in discussion as it is a massive undertaking.

Intangible is getting a new visual effect that won't use the Psylocke or Invisible Woman style transparency. It'll be a new one unique to Kitty Pryde.

As covered in the Design area, any mechanical changes to Walking Through Walls will also be met with changes to its visual components.

As the week goes on, we'll continue to look for visual improvements.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for giving your passionate feedback. We're listening.

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm pretty OK with walking through walls being a teleport for the reasons stated.

Not exactly perfect in keeping with her powerset, but it's a movement power type that works well currently in the game.

-edit-

Also pleased they've tried to duplicate her basic capabilities across the multiple trees so people can play their favorite era Kitty without feeling like "Well sadly I have to go katanas Kitty because Lockheed Kitty from the Excalibur years isn't good enough".

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Punisher's spec system is a better system than the one they're throwing on everyone. It actually does the thing where it changes certain powers depending on which spec you use, and doesn't negate (too) many other powers.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Well they still use those in combination with specs. I like the spec system as it also help push you towards the abilities you need to be using by directly buffing them.

• Options
    After playing around with rogue I have decided I absolutely must unlock her next (and now I get why she is expensive). She's as close as this game gets to a build-your-own-character.

The power I had her borrow from Quicksilver is so much fun it makes me wish Quicksilver were a playable character.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Why do they not just have Kitty's movement power toggle turn on /noclip mode?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    So I opened up my second anniversary cake login reward. Got another Coat of The Skull. Good times.

• Options
    So the datamined SHIELD agent is going to be a free team up reward for Chapter 3 according to the stream.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Got a crimson box drop today.
    It had a Taskmaster's Guide inside.

• Options
    I got a tasky out of one of mine too. The other was a low roll mags t-shirt. But I did finally get a fucking Lizard formula. I mean sure, it had like 3% for both rolls....

• Options
    Players with a level 20 crafter will see a new recipe to exchange 4 rings for a new one.

This is for the Mystic Mayhem Rings.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

That'd probably open up all kinds of problems with her going off into areas she shouldn't be, like outside the level boundaries.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Veagle wrote: »

That'd probably open up all kinds of problems with her going off into areas she shouldn't be, like outside the level boundaries.

They are giving her a teleport. During the stream they basically said that as far as the engine is concerned, the space between walls doesn't exist. So you can't quite do a /noclip.