Options

The [Superhero] fun train has no brakes!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    those statues have legs though??

Yeah but they're on a pedestal which is similar to how their base looks, which is what Jules is saying

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    It's a good handwave but it is still lame those zords are just statues on skateboards instead of having legs

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Oh man, I remember those zords now! I remember thinking that tthe blue, yellow, and black ones were dumb because they didn't have legs.

That'd probably be because they were most likely based of statues of the animals they represent

Green Ranger's Shishi (Lion):
    Shishi-506859cb3d98f.jpg

Blue Ranger's Tenma/Tianma (Pegasus Derphorse):
    703px-Flying_Horse%2C_East_Han_Dynasty.Bronze._Gansu_Provincial_Museum.jpg

Yellow Ranger's Qilin (Chimera):
    800px-Qilin_Statue_at_the_Summer_Palace_in_Beijing.jpg

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm on the fence with this digital comics thing
    I like having a thing to hold

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, I had no idea that Platinum Transformers game is out on Tuesday (as far as I'm concerned that is Rock Band Week)

Here's hoping for that thing

Activision can't put out two huge trainwrecks two weeks in a row

...can they?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I bought, er my wife bought
    Hawkeye vol 3
    And the 2014? Spider-man 2099 series vol 1

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations last week. My sister picked Ms Marvel from the selections I gave her and is hooked. So thanks!

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Oh jeez, I had no idea that Platinum Transformers game is out on Tuesday (as far as I'm concerned that is Rock Band Week)

Here's hoping for that thing

Activision can't put out two huge trainwrecks two weeks in a row

...can they?

Impressions from people who got it early make it sound like the game is awesome

It's like Metal Gear Rising with Witch Time and loot drops

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/DNpHIUIFeEw

Here is the theme for Kamen Rider Ghost!

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Probably a bit late mentioning this now but Bandai Of America just started pre-orders for the Legacy Thunder Megazord. If you have 200 bucks, it's all your's on February 2016.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KEW5r W6.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgu r.com/dIi7IER.png[/img]

but

you see

the thing is

I don't have $200.

Tamin on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ha wow

Whedon just said on the Ultron commentary that they had originally only hired Serkis to be mo-cap trainer for Ruffalo and Spader and then they saw that some fan online had posted a picture of Serkis speculating that he was playing Klaue and decided yeah, that actually really works.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I am disappointed that you have the bluray before I do

this collector's edition needs to move out of "coming soon" and into my grubby hands

Tamin on
  • Options
    Lots of interesting nuggets from the commentary.

- Was torn on using the abandoned building during the Hulkbuster fight. Referred to callously evoking imagery from 9/11 as "unthinkable".
    - The girl that plays Hawkeye's daughter was also John C. Reilly's daughter in Guardians.
    - The "no one will know" speech from Hawkeye was improv from Renner.
    - Whedon allowed himself one personal indulgence. In Thor's witch-induced dream, there is a brief glimpse of three apocalyptic figures in animalistic masks. The masks are of a wolf, a ram, and a hart.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Is that last one a reference to something

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wolfram Hart was the evil demon corporation from Angel, I believe.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wolfram Hart was the evil demon corporation from Angel, I believe.

Yes.

The Wolf, the Ram and the Hart.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    So apparently the Power Rangers reboot movie that's currently in development doesn't seem to be considering any black guys for the role of Zack

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/03/see-the-faces-of-lionsgates-potential-power-rangers-cast/
    RangersZack-570x285.jpg
    But perhaps the biggest potential shakeup stands for previously African American Black Ranger Zack whose shortlist includes It Follows actor Daniel Zovatto, Chasing Life’s Ross Butler and actor/rapper Brian “Sene” Marc.

• Options
    I wouldn't necessarily think that precludes other characters from being black.

• Options
    So apparently the Power Rangers reboot movie that's currently in development doesn't seem to be considering any black guys for the role of Zack

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/03/see-the-faces-of-lionsgates-potential-power-rangers-cast/
    RangersZack-570x285.jpg
    But perhaps the biggest potential shakeup stands for previously African American Black Ranger Zack whose shortlist includes It Follows actor Daniel Zovatto, Chasing Life’s Ross Butler and actor/rapper Brian “Sene” Marc.

I haven't been paying much attention but last time I checked they wern't basing the movie off of the first team. Is this accurate or just people hearing that someone is being considered for a Black Ranger and filling in the blanks perhaps incorrectly.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    This S-man 2099 comic is great
    I'm going to buy volume 2 as soon as I can, hopefully Friday

• Options

RangersZack-570x285.jpg

I haven't been paying much attention but last time I checked they wern't basing the movie off of the first team. Is this accurate or just people hearing that someone is being considered for a Black Ranger and filling in the blanks perhaps incorrectly.

According to the article there at least, they are supposed to be the same characters as the first team.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'd be fine with making Zach not black so long as it doesn't result in a team of all white people.

It's especially usefull if they get away from "Black guy is the black ranger, asian lady is the yellow ranger" stuff.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    African America Red Ranger/team leader

Full win

• Options
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Full win

Make the Pink ranger a dude!

• Options

Full win

Well, unfortunately according to that article, all the actors up for the role of Jason are white too.

• Options

RangersZack-570x285.jpg

According to the article there at least, they are supposed to be the same characters as the first team.

Yeah but they don't seem to offer any proof of that. Which is why I'm skeptical.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like the casting information I've heard of came from Heroic Hollywood, so it's suspect information.

• Options

RangersZack-570x285.jpg

Yeah but they don't seem to offer any proof of that. Which is why I'm skeptical.

Variety is reporting the same info, and they're rarely wrong.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/power-rangers-lionsgate-reboot-actors-testing-1201608828/

• Options
    Okay, that's a more reliable source.

• Options
    I'm going to go ahead and mention that Zack was an insanely racist caricature

That doesn't mean that they should whitewash the role, it sucks they're doing that

But mmpr was not like a bastion of progressiveness

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    In the last episode we watched he was wearing a medallion of Africa in the colors of the Jamaican flag

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    His fighting style is Hip-Hopkido

Never forget this fact, because i won't

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    In the last episode we watched he was wearing a medallion of Africa in the colors of the Jamaican flag

Unless it was the actual shape of the flag on it, might have just been this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-African_colours

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Its possible it was that yeah

• Options

That doesn't mean that they should whitewash the role, it sucks they're doing that

Isn't one of those actors above asian?

• Options

Isn't one of those actors above asian?

I'm not sure

Bur trinis character also wasn't hardcore stereotyped like zacks

• Options
    Anyway thanks for linking that, we will definitely have to talk about it next show

• Options

Full win

Make the Pink ranger a dude!

YOU GO TOO FAR

SOMETHING AMY JO JOHNSON SOMETHING

(That pretty much sums up my knowledge base of Power Rangers)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    That casting reminds me of the time 4chan's /m/echa board pooled money to send someone in to audition for Power Rangers Samurai.

He got in to the last rounds, but didn't make it. He said the people running it couldn't agree with each other, as the script was basically a straight translation of an early Shinkenger episode, so he played his character the same way he was in the sentai, and only one 'judge' person knew the material and thought it was great. The others all thought he sounded horrible and wanted him to play the character the exact opposite. I believe it was the 'punk/rebel' type and they wanted him to be polite and respectful, even though he had all the same sarcastic lines from the original.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.