Options

The [Superhero] fun train has no brakes!

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Something doesn't have to be intentionally hurtful to be hurtful.

I think it's been explained enough to you how it has come off that way regardless of intent.

But whatever. I am going to continue to talk about superheroes in the superhero thread. I suggest you simply do the same.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Oh for christ's sake nobody has said any of you are being hysterical or that your feelings are invalid

I'm saying that you are getting pretty defensive over a polite suggestion

which, by the way, you are. For a start, you're getting all hurt about me saying you might (just might, just maybe) want to take a discussion to another forum thread

just say "no we're cool"

there's nothing I can do about it, is there

Solar on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    get the giant bomb talk out of the podcast thread while you're at it

If someone really wanted this instead of using it as an argumentative tool in a separate thread, I would be happy to not talk about non-podcast Giant Bomb stuff in there. In fact, that has happened! And a lot more podcasts get talked about in there now. Crazy!

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

I think it's been explained enough to you how it has come off that way regardless of intent.

And I don't think anybody it intentionally trying to be hurtful.

But we have to be able to have discussions that may make some uncomfortable/feel hurt, or else we negate true discourse through fear of unintended, emotional consequences.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Actually a lot of other podcasts always got talked about in the podcast thread, GB talk or no GB talk.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

And I don't think anybody it intentionally trying to be hurtful.

But we have to be able to have discussions that may make some uncomfortable/feel hurt, or else we negate true discourse through fear of unintended, emotional consequences.

this is a cool thing to say

• Options
    It's almost like having a popular returning topic doesn't actually stifle other topics even one little bit!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I read a bunch of Grayson comics

I liked them

OK bye

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Guys, this is a super hero thread. Can we go back to talking about super heroes? Maybe you could take this discussion to the rules thread?
    And take the dirty DC'ers with you.

So marvel unlimited is finally almost done with the time runs out event, the next one is the secret wars XIVIIVIVI or whatever right?

• Options
    and by the time the next issue of secret wars is out, you'll have the previous one on marvel unlimited!

• Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I read a bunch of Grayson comics

I liked them

OK bye

I keep hearing people say this book is actually good, but I can't mentally move myself past the initial awful reveal of it.

I guess that shows the power of marketing. Or bad marketing.

• Options
    alright well

seems like we have run this discussion's course

I would like to talk about knight miniatures marvel/dc lines!

I know I have posted them before but some of these minis are p. cool! They've got some really nice ones these days

k35dc017.jpg

Batwoman.jpg

Robin.jpg

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    and by the time the next issue of secret wars is out, you'll be able to pick it up in your robotic flying car, while your cocktail of nanobots keeps you in top shape and you teleport across the universe, because at this rate it'll be 2065 before we see the next one

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Guys, this is a super hero thread. Can we go back to talking about super heroes? Maybe you could take this discussion to the rules thread?
    And take the dirty DC'ers with you.

So marvel unlimited is finally almost done with the time runs out event, the next one is the secret wars XIVIIVIVI or whatever right?

Time Runs Out is more of a crossover arc than an event, but yes it leads right into Secret Wars

• Options
    Solar wrote: »

Robin.jpg

He's totally got a stuck fart he's trying to get out, have fun unseeing that.

• Options
    I don't see it even now! so nyah!

• Options
    They should resculpt that Robin, someone may think he is a Marvel character unless they get him into some tights.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    They should resculpt that Robin, someone may think he is a Marvel character unless they get him into some tights.

You should see their Batman!

Batman%2BAK.jpg

They do plenty of variants though. There's Adam West Batman too!

• Options
    I don't see it even now! so nyah!

That lip curl, the slight lean he's got, that lean that only has one use!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grayson is good

In fact, Dick's book is often good in spite of whatever else is going on at DC

I'm trying to think of the last time his solo book was bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Every thread is starting to blend together.

I opened this thread, started reading, and 100% thought I was in the podcast thread for a minute.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Every thread is starting to blend together.

I opened this thread, started reading, and 100% thought I was in the podcast thread for a minute.

I get this sometimes in the weirdest ways, was in one of the gun debate threads the other day, and had switched over to a video game thread , but brain hadn't totally accepted that yet so when first post I read in game thread was along the lines of " Ya sure the killing is hard, but then you get to collect all those sweet souls" my jaw dropped until I remembered I had changed threads

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    alright well

seems like we have run this discussion's course

I would like to talk about knight miniatures marvel/dc lines!

I know I have posted them before but some of these minis are p. cool! They've got some really nice ones these days

k35dc017.jpg

That's Arsenal, not Speedy!

• Options
    are these models for a game?

Or just collector stuff?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Well tell them, not me!

• Options
    Its a tabletop game Chincy

• Options
    are these models for a game?

Or just collector stuff?

The DC stuff is an actual game and it's quite fun. It's Batman though, so while Wonder Woman and Flash and so on do have minis made by the company, they don't have any stats because it would be silly!

But yeah, pretty cool. You basically have a gang of, like, four to six guys typically? So you can play Batman and have Robin and Nightwing (they're really expensive, obviously) or you can have the Joker and half a dozen thugs, or Poison Ivy and some killer plants and shit. You can also have the GCPD as a force too, so Gordon, Bullock and then some GCPD SWAT. Loads of choices.

The game uses terrain and lighting quite a bit, so you need to get the streetlamps, sewer grates and so on, as they allow you to move around stealthily, sneak onto the board through the sewers etc. Each character has their own special moves and attacks, of course. But yeah you can do stuff like Batarang a streetlight to plunge a couple of thugs into darkness and then ambush them, or whatever.

The Marvel stuff they do is really nice but they have no license to make a game and probably won't get one. My buddy wrote a really cool game which we play pretty regularly, though, and have been extensively playtesting and improving as a group. It's strictly personal use, though, obviously.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Incidentally the GCPD are my boys, thought it's been ages since I got to play, sadly

WEBgordon_-_copia_ml.jpg

1434103234-16748100.jpg

Solar on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    tentative question

is one punch man a superhero

which is to say

can I talk about the show in this, the superhero thread

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    hahahahahahah

you think you can talk about anime

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    People post OnePunch Man in the webcomics thread, so I don't see why not.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    hahahahahahah

you think you can talk about anime

welcome to anime town

population: you

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    yes, i got infracted for asking tube to have an anime thread

what of it

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    what's with Agent Ron

that seems like an oddly specific name

• Options
    nothing

just

just watch this intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpVSbmphSQ

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Agent Ron sounds like a spoof tv show knockoff of something

• Options
    yes, i have seen the intro

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    How does the superhero thread feel about a guy who is a hero as a hobby?

• Options
    i loved kick-ass, why do you ask?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    How does the superhero thread feel about a guy who is a hero as a hobby?

Is this a thing

cause a guy who goes heroing but only like on the weekends and doesn't take it super seriously could actually be interesting

This discussion has been closed.