As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

yo, what's your favourite [movie] (thread)

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Look, the absolute highlight of the Martian though was.
    Having Sean Bean in it.

And have him be the crew supervisor, and as such put him in a lot of the big meetings.

Like the meeting that Rich Purnell named, "the council of elrond".

Which is funny enough by itself, but the icing on the cake is that everyone agrees not to tell them about the Rich Purnell manoeuvre. But he doesn't, be betrays them all, again.

I was cackling in the cinemas over that, knowing what was going to happen.

Blake T on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I hated the trope of "people saying out loud what they are typing on screen".

I just watched Unfriended and I think I know why they do this

when you don't you get this weird thing where the character stares at a sentence for like A REALLY LONG TIME before they move on to the next shot, because the director isn't sure how fast everyone in the audience can read

if they read it out loud its assured everyone will get the information

There's certainly a good reason to do it but it still feels incredibly cumbersome and unrealistic.

Which is why everyone should just set their movies in the near future where Siri/Cortana reads everything to you. Star Trek already taught us all that computers speaking to you is the future.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Look, the absolute highlight of the Martian though was.
    Having Sean Bean in it.

And have him be the crew supervisor, and as such put him in a lot of the big meetings.

Like the meeting that Rich Purnell named, "the council of elrond".

Which is funny enough by itself, but the icing on the cake is that everyone agrees not to tell them about the Rich Purnell manoeuvre. But he doesn't, be betrays them all, again.

I was cackling in the cinemas over that, knowing what was going to happen.
    I just busted out laughing at this at work. I never would have made that connection on my own.

I never read the book but i really like the movie.

Going to read the book when i have some free time.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

when you don't you get this weird thing where the character stares at a sentence for like A REALLY LONG TIME before they move on to the next shot, because the director isn't sure how fast everyone in the audience can read

There's certainly a good reason to do it but it still feels incredibly cumbersome and unrealistic.

Which is why everyone should just set their movies in the near future where Siri/Cortana reads everything to you. Star Trek already taught us all that computers speaking to you is the future.

I think the most laugh out loud instance of this was back in Buffy season 1 when Willow was cyber-dating that demon AI. God that was just so ridiculously goofy.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BUNxNMsXWw&feature=youtu.be
    Four-time Oscar®-winning filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen (No Country for Old Men, True Grit, Fargo) write and direct Hail, Caesar!, an all-star comedy set during the latter years of Hollywood's Golden Age. Starring Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton, Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson, Jonah Hill and Frances McDormand, Hail, Caesar! follows a single day in the life of a studio fixer who is presented with plenty of problems to fix.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh yessss I have been waiting for that forever

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015

Best to stick with the ol' computer screen is somehow projecting the info onto the characters face routine.

one of the Fahrenheit 451 movies has the credits read to you instead of having them written down. Because in the future books are gone, so really words have gone too.

This was to illustrate the loss of information that happens with the loss of text. The credits take about 25 minutes to go through.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

I think the most laugh out loud instance of this was back in Buffy season 1 when Willow was cyber-dating that demon AI. God that was just so ridiculously goofy.

The only things I remember about Season 1 of Buffy is those wolf-kids eating the principal and Buffy dying at the end of the season. After that my brain just autoskips to the build-up to Angellus.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Four-time Oscar®-winning filmmakers Joel and Ethan Coen (No Country for Old Men, True Grit, Fargo) write and direct Hail, Caesar!, an all-star comedy set during the latter years of Hollywood's Golden Age. Starring Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton, Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson, Jonah Hill and Frances McDormand, Hail, Caesar! follows a single day in the life of a studio fixer who is presented with plenty of problems to fix.

Raaaaaad. The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou are two of my favorite movies. Glad to see them back into comedies since Burn After Reading bombed so hard.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjo9dldp2g

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    New Coen Bros trailer alertttttt

https://youtu.be/kMqeoW3XRa0

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    New Coen Bros trailer alertttttt

https://youtu.be/kMqeoW3XRa0

Atomic Slowfu

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicSlowfu

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Ghostzilla.

• Options
    I hate you so much, Chincy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    AtomicSlowfu

Turns out feathers are important for aerodynamics.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I dont care, watch it twice

and then laugh at Blank

• Options
    I hate you so much, Chincy

When I saw you made the exact same joke but slower I clapped my hands like a child

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I dont care, watch it twice

and then laugh at Blank
    I asked you to stop adding that to the end of every thing you say!!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    You can't make me

and then laugh at Blank

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    more movies about early hollywood please.

• Options

I love Disney villains especially the ladies so I'm all over this but what in the actual fuck

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    They already made a perfect live action Cruella De'ville film.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Maleficent I kinda get since she has always had a following and intriguing backstory implied that I'm aware of

But Cruella is an evil fashion designer that wants to make clothes out of puppies

Do we really need to see her origins

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Maleficent I kinda get since she has always had a following and intriguing backstory implied that I'm aware of

But Cruella is an evil fashion designer that wants to make clothes out of puppies

Do we really need to see her origins

if they can have it make sense I'd love to see it, especially since in the original novel she's literally at least part-demon. just don't make it the horrific mess that Malificent was.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    more movies about early hollywood please.

I heard a really great pitch for a film called Mayweather, about a washed up navy officer (no pun intended) who takes one last job and ends up getting swept to Neverland and becomes Captain Hook.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I actually do in fact want to see christy de lancie make a pact with satan and change her name to cruel devil

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I will bet 5 actual dollars that the Movie has absolutely nothing to do with demons or Satan and she's just a crazy Fashion Designer

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I will bet 5 actual dollars that the Movie has absolutely nothing to do with demons or Satan and she's just a crazy Fashion Designer

then it has already failed

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I do hope they explain how sheer found her way to Storybrooke, where she gets thrown off a cliff by Snow White's daughter

• Options

I will wager several donuts against this.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I will wager several donuts against this.
    THE PACT IS SEALED

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I have no reason to think Blank is wrong about this in any way--I just saw an opportunity and took it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I do hope they explain how sheer found her way to Storybrooke, where she gets thrown off a cliff by Snow White's daughter

I FORGOT IT WAS CALLED STORYBROOKE AND NOW IM SAD AGAIN

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yay a new Coen Brothers film!

What's that? It's yet another Hollywood film about the Hollywood film industry? This is my shocked face. :eek:

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

Raaaaaad. The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou are two of my favorite movies. Glad to see them back into comedies since Burn After Reading bombed so hard.

Did Burn After Readying bomb? That's a bummer, I absolutely love that movie. Though I can certainly see its type of humor not working for a lot of people

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just saw Tremors 5 in the new releases at Target.

I don't think I realized they made a Tremors 4

• Options
    It was set in the Wild West!

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.