Options

Start a Podcast, all the cool kids are doing it.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The best letters are Flophouse fanfiction.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    But yeah, if anyone's interested in talking about Digimon, I'm down. No idea how I'd find time, but I'll figure it out.

I'm down. I can't offer much outside of season 1 and 3 unless the other seasons are on netflix

Adventure 1, Adventure 2, Tamers, and Fusion are all on Netflix, at least in the US.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    But yeah, if anyone's interested in talking about Digimon, I'm down. No idea how I'd find time, but I'll figure it out.

I'm down. I can't offer much outside of season 1 and 3 unless the other seasons are on netflix

Adventure 1, Adventure 2, Tamers, and Fusion are all on Netflix, at least in the US.

I think crunchy roll has the subs for the 2 shows that comprise fusion. I watched some of that but didnt care for the set up. To much nonsense for digivolving .

What would the format be? Watch a episode and discuss it?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I think crunchy roll has the subs for the 2 shows that comprise fusion. I watched some of that but didnt care for the set up. To much nonsense for digivolving .

I guess. Maybe a few episodes. I don't think there's nearly as much insanity to unpack there as there is for Power Rangers.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

I guess. Maybe a few episodes. I don't think there's nearly as much insanity to unpack there as there is for Power Rangers.

I don't think you remember the first season of Digimon

it has some pretty trippy shit that's never explained

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    There is an entire episode about them running from poop

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Season two has them fall into cthulus dream and have to fight him

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Newest flophouse was wonderful

Stuarts tangents where he innacurately describes things are so good and I dont really even understand why

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    digimon is k-mart brand pokemon full stop

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i would be willing to participate in a digimon podcast such that i bomb the skype call at random every episode and say "digimon sucks pokemon rules" and then hang up immediately

• Options
    Hey this is really random but can someone who's into anime/other Japanese culture stuff help me with something

What does the gesture mean where you take your thumb and like, swipe it on your nose away from your face mean

They keep doing it in the sentai footage even when they have the helmets on and its weird but I don't know if it has some kind of meaning

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    i would be willing to participate in a digimon podcast such that i bomb the skype call at random every episode and say "digimon sucks pokemon rules" and then hang up immediately

Digimon always gave me a very distinct yu go oh vibe

• Options
    Hey this is really random but can someone who's into anime/other Japanese culture stuff help me with something

What does the gesture mean where you take your thumb and like, swipe it on your nose away from your face mean

They keep doing it in the sentai footage even when they have the helmets on and its weird but I don't know if it has some kind of meaning

if it's the gesture i think you mean it's supposed to be like, wiping blood away from your nose

• Options
    digimon is k-mart brand pokemon full stop

They arent even trying to do the same thing

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

if it's the gesture i think you mean it's supposed to be like, wiping blood away from your nose

Hmm

In the context they're using it in it seems like a "brush your shoulders off" type gesture

Like "yeah I'm fine you didn't hurt me"

So that would make sense!

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

I don't know why it is, but I've always interpreted it as a gesture of confidence

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    exactly

they like whoop some blood nose like I give a fuck

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Yahoo answers says it's "rule of thumb" fighters use to ensure their hands are close enough to protect their face from blows but it's Yahoo answers so take it with a grain of salt.

So I guess it's to symbolize a certain experience with getting into fights?

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I read the gesture and instinctually went "Heh." out loud.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yahoo answers says it's "rule of thumb" fighters use to ensure their hands are close enough to protect their face from blows but it's Yahoo answers so take it with a grain of salt.

So I guess it's to symbolize a certain experience with getting into fights?

I'd sooner trust a McElroy than a Yahoo answer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

this week's bonus episode, our producer interviews one of my guests from this past week

• Options
    Tell him theres a live action phoenix wright movie and its insane

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Podcast thread, I'm about to take a long drive with my lady friend and introduce her to MBMBAM

What is the best starter episode GO

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Podcast thread, I'm about to take a long drive with my lady friend and introduce her to MBMBAM

Garfield monstronsity

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Under The Bottom

• Options
    Orb is horse is a good one

• Options
    Or torsey

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I would be down for some digimans. I'd even suffer through the terror that is Adventure 02, just to get to the juicy Tamers inside. I rewatched the first 3 seasons like 3 years ago.

Adventure 02 is pretty bad you guys. 01 was still fun, and Tamers was excellent.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'd recommend Legend of the Cracker Barrel for anyone, but that might just be because Supreme Judge Obama is my favorite bit

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I also have no watched any digimon past Frontier. Hell, I don't even know what comes after that. Digital something-or-other? Savers?

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Larry's Fiesta Party On The House

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the whole thumb thing is a bruce lee gesture that is mimicking boxers wiping blood/sweat away from the eyes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Tell him theres a live action phoenix wright movie and its insane

Holy shit that movie was so goddamn silly. I did like the clever use of the holograms to represent the case file, that was neat. The fact that the characters had their freakouts, just like in the game, was fantastic.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i have finally listened to 7 or 8 episodes of spontaneation now and i super love it

PFT's monologues are kind of hit or miss but I love him unconditionally (and they're short) so i can dig it

the actual improv and like all of the interviews have been aces, consistently pretty great stuff

f2ojmwh3geue.png
This discussion has been closed.