As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Start a Podcast, all the cool kids are doing it.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Chincy, I straight up refuse to believe your research regarding flea circuses. That's insaaane. Have you seen how tiny fleas are? You can't connect anything to their legs!

sig.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Chincy, I straight up refuse to believe your research regarding flea circuses. That's insaaane. Have you seen how tiny fleas are? You can't connect anything to their legs!

Its what Wikipedia told me!

If I can't trust them I can't trust anyone!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i have finally listened to 7 or 8 episodes of spontaneation now and i super love it

PFT's monologues are kind of hit or miss but I love him unconditionally (and they're short) so i can dig it

the actual improv and like all of the interviews have been aces, consistently pretty great stuff

i've had some episodes where the improv part fell flat for me

it's funny when they manage to cobble together an actual story, and it's funny when they end up throwing any hope of coherency out the window and just go bananas

but there's a middle portion where the plot sort of makes sense but also sort of doesn't in a way that makes me feel lost and confused more than amused by the absurdity

in general though it's a good show

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    When is teenagers with attitude going to review Digimon Frontier, the sentai season

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    When is teenagers with attitude going to review Digimon Frontier, the sentai season

there's so much actual power rangers, probably never

BUT

I have been watching Gotchaman Crowds at @Stilts suggestion

I like it.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

there's so much actual power rangers, probably never

BUT

I have been watching Gotchaman Crowds at Stilts suggestion

I like it.

The soundtrack is

So good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqzsXt7QBaQ

IKknkhU.gif
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I watched ten minutes of Gatchaman Crowds and peaced out

Is this a sign that Power Rangers isn't for me

Admittedly ninety percent of the reason I didn't stick around longer was screechy teenager with absurd bust size

I watched ten minutes of Gatchaman Crowds and peaced out

Is this a sign that Power Rangers isn't for me

Admittedly ninety percent of the reason I didn't stick around longer was screechy teenager with absurd bust size

I mean power rangers being for you largely depends on what you want out of it, and then is dependent on which season you're watching

If you want something thats really absurdly goofy and dumb with some decent fights I would say you might enjoy the early stuff

If you want an actually good superteam show there are a few seasons I can recommend

to enjoy any of it though you have to be into the idea of hearing a bunch about friendship and teamwork and also explosions

I don't know where to talk about this really but since twitter has blown up about it can we talk about Nicole Arbour's "Dear Fat People" video

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/entertainment/fat-shaming-nicole-arbour/

I am really excited to see that Youtube actually removed something because of an outcry

I hope content networks do this more in the future

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't think gatchaman crowds is that similar to sentai/power rangers, it's using some of the tropes of that genre but mostly doing its own weird thing

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I don't know where to talk about this really but since twitter has blown up about it can we talk about Nicole Arbour's "Dear Fat People" video

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/06/entertainment/fat-shaming-nicole-arbour/

I am really excited to see that Youtube actually removed something because of an outcry

I hope content networks do this more in the future

While I think that video is fucking disgusting and I can't listen to anything else that woman says, I don't know how I feel about YouTube pulling a video based on outcry, simply because it becomes a slippery slope.

Anita Sarkeesian posts good (albeit sometimes slightly flawed) videos but with enough people complaining and accusing her of terrorism, she could get her stuff shut down.

Obviously YouTube is private and can do what they want with the content, but I don't if I'm super down with them picking and choosing what videos to remove without a clear guideline.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    We simply couldn't keep Quiet about Metal Gear Solid V, but we made sure to avoid any and all spoiler talk. Watch as Blue Map and I talk circles around what may be the biggest game release this year, while Fencingsax reminds us that Mad Max is totally good too, you guys. Also, I give Square Enix some cheers (FFXV at PAX) and jeers (Augmented Pre-Orders) while also swooning about Ryu's beautiful beard.

http://shoutengine.com/SouthFigaroPodcast/episode-53-the-awesomeness-of-a-puppys-paw-pads-12176

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Youtube didn't remove her videos.

She set them to private in order to cry censorship.

Links to her videos from her old tweets still work.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE A TOTAL FUCKIN DOUCHE TO STRANGERS BECAUSE FREEDOM

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    But yeah, if anyone's interested in talking about Digimon, I'm down. No idea how I'd find time, but I'll figure it out.

I'm down. I can't offer much outside of season 1 and 3 unless the other seasons are on netflix

Adventure 1, Adventure 2, Tamers, and Fusion are all on Netflix, at least in the US.

I think crunchy roll has the subs for the 2 shows that comprise fusion. I watched some of that but didnt care for the set up. To much nonsense for digivolving .

What would the format be? Watch a episode and discuss it?

I guess. Maybe a few episodes. I don't think there's nearly as much insanity to unpack there as there is for Power Rangers.

Yeah I think we can work with that. Wanna take this to Pm?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

Pfft, Justimon is the true Sentai digimon
    ep46l.jpg

Guy is legit based on Kamen Rider/Sentai characters.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Today this site might be of interest to all Digimon fans.

http://theyetee.com/

uyvfOQy.png
    Actually, I'd like to do occasional TWA bonus episodes about other, similar shows. I could even host/edit them so as not to dump more work on chincy.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    This CBB is

Not super great so far

Like, it is a decent "actors talking about acting and comedy" bit but I have laughed like zero times so far. It's not bad or anything but not really what I expect out of CBB

But Victor and Tiny are gonna show up so I'm sure it'll be fine

EDIT: Hahahaha wow okay
    "Kevin Berman!"
    "Oh, I don't know him."
    "He has a podcast here!"
    "....uh oh."

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh holy shit Brendan Small
    He added a third character

CYpGAPn.png

I didn't know this

That lady is basically the worst

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I didn't know this

That lady is basically the worst

It was bound to happen eventually. The Cracked podcast raised this point a few weeks ago as we become more tolerant of different ethnicities and life choices fat and disabled people will become the new target of hate for young suburban white people. This won't be the last of these kind of videos and she's making sure people jump on her side early for easy cash by creating a narrative that she's being attacked.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Every news article says like "channel removed/suspended" so it seems to be working

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    well I just watched the Disney Infinty 3.0 quicklook

thank god I am already broke because that shit looks like a wallet vacuum to me

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    wroooooooooooooooooooong thread

Speed Racer on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This mbmbam is pretty good you guys.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Justin McElroy has given up on and uninstalled MGS5 by mission 9, further solidifying McElroy video game opinions as the worst (in regards to their relevance towards my own)

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I dunno if getting frustrated at a game and giving up because the frustration outweighs the enjoyment is exactly an opinion.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whats the dofference with R

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Whats the dofference with R

Its the second season
    Aistan wrote: »
    I dunno if getting frustrated at a game and giving up because the frustration outweighs the enjoyment is exactly an opinion.

I mean it is one through action

His complaint of no checkpoints in timed missions isn't invalid, either.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just don't really like calling his opinions the worst because his skill level at a game resulted in him having a bad experience and then stopping playing. Apparently MGS5 just isn't for him. Ok. If he's not reviewing it what does it matter?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I don't enjoy playing MGS games and my opinions are the best, so...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I pretty much routinely forget that Justin and Griffin are involved with videogames at all

Them working at Polygon makes that preeeeeetty easy

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I pretty much routinely forget that Justin and Griffin are involved with videogames at all

Their Polygon videos together are pretty great though. Monster Factory might be one of the best things they do.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Their Polygon videos together are pretty great though. Monster Factory might be one of the best things they do.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I just have to take long breaks with MGS5, but I 100% understand Justin's reasons for uninstalling the game

It demands an awful lot if you actually want to treat it like a stealth game, even after you get used to it.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

CHICKEN CRISIS

This discussion has been closed.