Options

Start a Podcast, all the cool kids are doing it.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Norm also has a cadence that makes him sound like he thinks he's never been wrong about a single thing in his life

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Hey this character who is a monster is not socialable in a common manner MUST BE AUTISTIC

Its an interesting problem

the show itself very heavily implies that he is extremely emotionally damaged by what happened to him as a child

they're trying to make him into a sympathetic character by implying that, while he is a bad person, things happened to make him that way

While I understand why someone would make the leap in their head that he has a disorder from what happened to him, norm (and the viewer), have no idea what's going on in kingpin's head on that level. We know he has tics but we don't know why or if they're because of emotional damage or what.

claiming he's an 'aspie' is such a stretch on multiple levels and also buys into the 'people with mental disabilities are violent thing'

really should have kept that thought to himself

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey this character who is a monster is not socialable in a common manner MUST BE AUTISTIC

the show itself very heavily implies that he is extremely emotionally damaged by what happened to him as a child

they're trying to make him into a sympathetic character by implying that, while he is a bad person, things happened to make him that way

While I understand why someone would make the leap in their head that he has a disorder from what happened to him, norm (and the viewer), have no idea what's going on in kingpin's head on that level. We know he has tics but we don't know why or if they're because of emotional damage or what.

claiming he's an 'aspie' is such a stretch on multiple levels and also buys into the 'people with mental disabilities are violent thing'

Sounds like someone who doesn't realize that disabilities, illnesses, and disorders are different things. Sadly a very common misconception.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'll put up with 5 minutes of america's next top model talk in exchange for that lovely cursed real sword goof any day.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I'll put up with 5 minutes of america's next top model talk in exchange for that lovely cursed real sword goof any day.

blech

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Yeah that bit was brilliantly stupid

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So the new Sailor Business has Jordon's wife.

I feel bad saying this but she really is the worst guest they've had, she's really unfunny to me. At least it seems like she leaned a bit from the controversy last time.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    She does not have a good podcast voice

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    So the new Sailor Business has Jordon's wife.

I feel bad saying this but she really is the worst guest they've had, she's really unfunny to me. At least it seems like she leaned a bit from the controversy last time.

I agree with you

She also made a pretty tasteless sex joke about 14 year old girls

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'd listen to the Tested podcast more often if Norm wasn't on it. Also, if Gary Whitta went back to being on it all the time.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Hmm.. I wonder if Jeff will go back to doing Jar Times..

Said he just hasn't had time/enough good questions not too long ago.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I think I'm one of those guys for whom the Real Sword bit is an instant favorite.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Kingpin's tics read way more as OCD to me.

But I guess what you see in him depends on what you know.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kingpin has, shall we say, control issues.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Sailor Business would be much better if it was just Chris Sims and Betty Felon

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Review box wine

I would actually legit do this

My cousin once did something he called the hobo wine tasting party

It was all like, Mad Dog and Franzia and Wild Irish Rose

But with fancy tasting cups

And pieces of Kraft American and string cheese on toothpicks

• Options
    Aw I'd miss Jordan

I think he's gotten a lot better at podcasting over the past 40 episodes or whatever

Chris is definitely the strong suit, and Betty Felon is great

That show is very dependent on who its guest is though, thats for sure

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Review box wine

I like this a lot.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I'd listen to the Tested podcast more often if Norm wasn't on it. Also, if Gary Whitta went back to being on it all the time.

Lord yes I always feel bad for not liking Norm much in tested....anything. Because he seems competent and interested, but he is not himself interesting. I'm sure he has a personality, just not much of one on camera.

• Options
    Review box wine

I like this a lot.

I have done this

it was nightmare made flesh

• Options
    edited September 2015

Lord yes I always feel bad for not liking Norm much in tested....anything. Because he seems competent and interested, but he is not himself interesting. I'm sure he has a personality, just not much of one on camera.

Well, it's hardly his fault he comes across as bland. He can only represent the norm.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Well, it's hardly his fault he comes across as bland. He can only represent the norm.

vyd0nfp3v6uk.jpg

• Options
    Jordan is one of those guys that says "That's really funny" instead of laughing and that really kills the vibe for me

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There's a new MBMBAM

God I wish they'd get over america's next top model

its probably the only thing they talk about on a regular basis that's just absolutely unfunny to me

But

ANTM is an amazing television experience

I'd listen to a whole podcast of Griffin talking about those boys in the house

Seriously, if you guys don't watch ANTM and just know about it through MBMBaM

I highly recommend checking out a couple episodes at least

It is exactly as insane as Griffin describes it

• Options
    Review box wine

I like this a lot.

I have done this

it was nightmare made flesh

I actually haven't done it, I just heard about it (and really want to do it)

The version I did was

Well, I went to an art school

So some of my friends had a party to practice their color blending prowess

With a dozen different bottles of MD 20/20

They were trying to recreate various colors in color charts or paintings or whatever by mixing together the different colors of mad dog

It was great

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the first time they talk about boys in the house and the INCREDIBLE MOVE that one of the boys makes where he grabs another dude instead of a girl is great.

• Options

vyd0nfp3v6uk.jpg

I really appreciate the irony of keeping that tally on a sticky note with a bad beaver pun on it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    the first time they talk about boys in the house and the INCREDIBLE MOVE that one of the boys makes where he grabs another dude instead of a girl is great.

"OH SHIT, THE DOPEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Jordan is one of those guys that says "That's really funny" instead of laughing and that really kills the vibe for me

This is a thing I do

It isn't necessarily a thing you have any active control over

Jordan is super critical to the show imo because he is such a spectacularly excellent foil to Chris, as is Chris to him

Chris also laughs enough himself to make up for the lack thereof from Jordan, imo

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I came home one day during this summer school vacation to find my wife, son and niece had spent the day watching ANTM. I immediately poked fun of them, until they made me watch with them. It's magical in a way that's hard to describe. It's like you have a window into this bizarre little alternate world.

• Options
    I don't think sailor business is a show that needs foils, I guess

Tune in to It's A Work and listen to me demonstrate exactly what a podcast with a foil would sound like

• Options

vyd0nfp3v6uk.jpg

I really appreciate the irony of keeping that tally on a sticky note with a bad beaver pun on it.

ITS ALL I HAVE

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

anyone have a clip of this? not having much luck with google search except the full episode

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

anyone have a clip of this? not having much luck with google search except the full episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9uIqbOozL4

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait now, what did you want me to put a curse on?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait now, what did you want me to put a curse on?

HRRMMMM HOOOOBOYYYYY HEEERRRGGGH

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    A hundred dollars

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I'm going to curse me up some waffles tomorrow morning.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEfZG9OSytA

This discussion has been closed.