Options

[Destiny] Arms Day orders may need to be in by the time Xur leaves. Order accordingly.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I was hoping for Arc Burn, so Zhalo and Stormcaller could wipe out that NF.

Zhalo and Stormcaller are still going to wipe out that Nightfall, because Zhalo is fucking amazing and if only you knew the POWER of the Dark Side Stormcaller...

Houn on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Celian wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Crayon wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    So I turned in the "Lost and Found" quest to Petra today, I gave her the Brooch from finishing a Court of Oryx round. I got Queen's rep, and that was it. I thought I was supposed to get a Exotic Gun, but seems to have ended that questline.

You apparently need to have a sufficiently high Queen's Rank, which is presumably Rank 3 or 4.

Nah

You just gotta do all of Petra and Varicks quests

Really? Because my friend and I did all of the quests, and he recieved his right away and I have yet to get mine, and the only difference between us is that he's rank 3 and I'm not

I've also heard this story repeated a hundred times elsewhere

And see, that's the problem-there's just no checklist to know what the qualifiers are. I've heard the opposite a hundred times elsewhere, also.
    Zomro wrote: »
    In my quest to get the Boolean Gemini, which Petra refused to give me after I did her quests (and Variks'), I decided to do what has been suggested online, get a reputatiom rank up with Queen's Wratg and see if they'll give it to me. In order to do that, I went to the abandoned quests kiosk and restarted the HoW storyline.

Apparently, the Scourge of Winter quest that people have been farming exotics with 3oCs is now quest that starts off the HoW line. So I do that quest and, since I know the boss is considered and ultra, I pop a 3oC just in case. I kill the Winter Kell and BOOM exotic engram. Primary weapon, too. Turned out to be a Zhalo Supercell.

And there was much rejoicing.

I've been told and done so many things and none of it is right. I finished lost and found, got nothing. Went to the boards and found out that it was a known issue. Some suggested ranking up, so I did. Nothing. Some suggested to wait until daily reset. Nothing. Weekly reset. Nothing. I haven't done the House of Wolves quest so I'm gonna go back and do that, but I've already finished up the tail end of that whole thing that's in TKK. A bit annoyed, but not getting an exotic isn't a huge deal.

I got my Boolean only after completing all of Variks' quests. Finished Lost and Found, but still had a bunch of Wolves of Mars stuff to finish. Completed those and talked to Variks. As soon as I was done talking to Variks a marker popped up on Petra and she had the Boolean.

Yep. I've done Wolves of Mars. Have the shader, cloak and trophy.

That's strange. I'm rank 4 with Variks and rank 9 with Petra, having also done all the HoW missions. Hopefully, you can narrow down the cause.

It's likely a bug on Bungie's side, which will hopefully be retroactively fixable. I have a feeling it might be based on the order that things were done. I waited to get started on Lost & Found until I was absolutely done with everything "patrol" related.

I didn't even get the lost and found mission until I was finished with of Petra's patrol missions and I finished all of those before really even looking at Variks' stuff on Mars.

EDIT: Agreed that it's a bug. It just doesn't seem to follow any sort of pattern.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Man, I want a Zhalo. I enjoy my Y2 Suros, but ... it's not Zhalo.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    So, the hive book people are talking about-where is it in the grimoire?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Did the Raid with Pugs. Got at far as beating Warpriest and doing the maze before I had to turn in fot the night.... because I have to get up for work in ~6 hours and need sleep. :(

Got the Midha's Reckoning raid Fusion Rifle at 305 Attack and 7 Moldering Shards for my first partial raid effort and a bunch of people added to my friend's list. Not too bad. :D

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Enemies then Book of Sorrows.

Towards the end of the list, next to the Darkness entries.

El Mucho on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

Yes, Books of Sorrow, there are also a couple of Taken grimoire entries that directly reference the BoS.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Watching a couple of fireteam members BURN FRY their way through massed enemies was bananas.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Beezel wrote: »
    I would also like to say you have best taste in faction. I like that helmet in the sunless cell because my teammates can keep easy track of me

I'm really happy with their new gear and how generous the packages have been. I'm just waiting for gloves and the ship to complete the set.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    jefe414 wrote: »

Watching a couple of fireteam members BURN FRY their way through massed enemies was bananas.

I hope Hard Mode Golgoroth has more adds, my Stormcaller super runs out of adds to kill too early.

If the Nightfall drops me the Lightning Helmet with the following perks "Gain super energy for killing minions of the Darkness" and "Health/Shield regens as you pick up an orb" I dont need any other rewards

I'm trying to fit all possible Lightning related gear on my stormcallers outfit, I thought of saving a slot for Alchemist Robe, but then I'd lose Impossible Machines.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My Titan is up to 285. Just need a little more to get me over the hill to 290 and on to Oryx. I guess I'll just keep running heroic strikes and hoping for 290'ish drops. Other than Xur on Friday, I can't think of any other way to really get myself over the hump. I have a few Three of Coins I'll burn on bosses.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I really wish I had blown more Strange Coins on Threes. Sometimes tells me that nerf will hit before Xur comes back. That or he won't sell them this week.

Unless he's selling the Zhalo, of course...

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I get it bungie, Rift if new so you want people to play it. Now can you please stop making it the daily?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm torn between wearing this 292 Light legendary helmet or feeding it to my exotic helm because it's that FWC helm with the nascar-style branding.

I know we're branded sellouts for the war of the future brought to you by Crucible, Lakshmi... but do we have to be so obvious?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    I really wish I had blown more Strange Coins on Threes. Sometimes tells me that nerf will hit before Xur comes back. That or he won't sell them this week.

Unless he's selling the Zhalo, of course...

It feels like making it so that you need to live through the boss' death or making it only work in strikes/heroic strikes/heroic content in general would be reasonable approaches more in line with what I'm assuming the original intent was. Not sure how hard they'd be to implement.

I kinda hope they do take that route so I don't feel tempted to cheese it.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    My guess with the 3s is they will just put a cooldown on them, 10 minutes should be enough to eliminate cheese.

Apologies if this is back in the thread, but what triggers the Wolves Of Mars quest? I did the Taken War quests for Petra, where you need to clear the Champions on each world, and I was running with @Threeve at the time, and he immediately got Wolves of Mars from Variks, I did not.

Is it story quest progression? I'm on Last Rites still so I don't have the Dreadnaught available for patrol, etc. I'm hoping/assuming that is it.

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Check the story missions you haven't done on the Dreadnaught to unlock patrols.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man that hunter exotic pistol is awesome looking. I also got a party crasher +1 shotty to pair it with when I get the quest.

I also don't mind rift, sure you can get rolled pretty fast at times, but to me its a game that you can turn around a lot faster than control.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    My guess with the 3s is they will just put a cooldown on them, 10 minutes should be enough to eliminate cheese.

Apologies if this is back in the thread, but what triggers the Wolves Of Mars quest? I did the Taken War quests for Petra, where you need to clear the Champions on each world, and I was running with @Threeve at the time, and he immediately got Wolves of Mars from Variks, I did not.

Is it story quest progression? I'm on Last Rites still so I don't have the Dreadnaught available for patrol, etc. I'm hoping/assuming that is it.

Would kind of fit their purpose, imo. Also, the Taken public event bosses consume it. I scored a Y2 Knucklehead Radar and Celestial Nighthawk using 3 coins dicking around Skywatch and Mars... while YMMV of course that cooldown would hit a natural rhythm of encountering enemies with a chance to drop exotic engrams.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Rift is pretty awesome, but I almost always play with at least another Pax Arcadian.
    I want to go home and get that hunter exotic pistol, and slog my way through the crucible quests to unlock the additional bounties Shaxx offers.

BillyIdle on
    PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    For the Threes, I'm not worried about cheesing it because with TTK, rewards aren't my main motivation for playing. Actually playing is the reward right now. Everything is awesome. There's still so much content I haven't done. Doing that with a cool exotic would be fun for me. Plus there are plenty of exotics you can't get from Threes, so there's no danger of "getting it all." But I can totally see not wanting to do it, don't get me wrong.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    So what happened TTK Armor Reforging? I do believe Bungie mentioned that themselves.

• Options

Would kind of fit their purpose, imo. Also, the Taken public event bosses consume it. I scored a Y2 Knucklehead Radar and Celestial Nighthawk using 3 coins dicking around Skywatch and Mars... while YMMV of course that cooldown would hit a natural rhythm of encountering enemies with a chance to drop exotic engrams.

Yeah I used my coins on taken bosses and still got some decent exotics without having to kill farm a boring boss. Plus runes and you know fun.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    My Titan is up to 285. Just need a little more to get me over the hill to 290 and on to Oryx. I guess I'll just keep running heroic strikes and hoping for 290'ish drops. Other than Xur on Friday, I can't think of any other way to really get myself over the hump. I have a few Three of Coins I'll burn on bosses.

Court. Of. Oryx.

Hang out and help out, you get engrams for days.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Someone on r/DestinyLore has put together their very comprehensive thoughts on Toland the Shattered. It is a really good read.

It is a pretty long read but well worth it.

EDIT: It does contain some spoilers for the the raid completion grimoire card.

El Mucho on
  • Options
    Yeah when the court is jumping its just fun times and big rewards potentially.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Hit LL291 on my Warlock last night and my Hunter hit L40. @MusicDragon got her Hunter to L40 and LL224. Also got Boolean Gemini on my Warlock and finished up the rest of my non-crucible and non-raid quests with the exception of the 3 7-Orb strike kills with Voidwalker. It was a pretty good night.

Might work on my sword kills and void punches in the crucible tonight when we aren't trying to push MusicDragon's light level a bit higher to do the daily mission and weekly strikes.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    For people struggling with fears embrace, I found a bit of a sploit or whatever, but if you duck into that little alcove all the way in the back you get less enemies and the echo seemingly can't bomb the alcove. So if you duck and shoot you can finish it off. Outside of that any boners who need help with that I'd be down its a real bitch.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    For people struggling with fears embrace, I found a bit of a sploit or whatever, but if you duck into that little alcove all the way in the back you get less enemies and the echo seemingly can't bomb the alcove. So if you duck and shoot you can finish it off. Outside of that any boners who need help with that I'd be down its a real bitch.

Which alcove? The entrance to the area? Or one of the other recesses in the walls?

El Mucho on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Court. Of. Oryx.

Hang out and help out, you get engrams for days.

Also, the rewards for running the heroic past the first three is the same as the 'standard' Vanguard strikes, so there's no need to keep running the heroic after you've done three unless you really want to.

Fallen S.A.B.E.R. was hard enough on heroic, and I'm honestly not looking forward to doing it as a Nightfall. Things get so chaotic on the third phase of the boss fight.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options

Which alcove? Then entrance to the area? Or one of the other recesses in the walls?

It's like immediately to the left of one of the walk ways. It's all circular in there so I don't remember the exact placement.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Which alcove? Then entrance to the area? Or one of the other recesses in the walls?

It's like immediately to the left of one of the walk ways. It's all circular in there so I don't remember the exact placement.

Hmm, I'll have to give it another go tonight. I kept dying trying to rotate out of the Echos line of fire. I had him close several times but would get swamped by adds and his blasts + scorch. When I'd try to rotate the sparks exploding would basically make it impossible.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    I need to start doing Heroic Strikes so I can get my exotic cape.

FWC! FWC! FWC! FWC!

We're in your faces, man. Cosmic blood knights.

I also need to like, finish the TTK quest... or at least progress enough to be able to do patrols there too; most of my time has been spent in Patrol or Crucible anyway. Like... I have 280 Light at this point. I'm pretty sure I can hit at least 290 light w/o ever touching heroic strikes too.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

Hmm, I'll have to give it another go tonight. I kept dying trying to rotate out of the Echos line of fire. I had him close several times but would get swamped by adds and his blasts + scorch. When I'd try to rotate the sparks exploding would basically make it impossible.

Find the alcove. Stand roughly in the middle of the room. When the spark spawns in there you will have enough room to back up out of the effect.

You can also use the room to take cover from Taken coming in on left and right. Lastly when firing at the Echo. STAND STILL. The Echo aiming is wonky and predictive and it will miss most of it's shots at you if you just stand still.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Titan Pro Tip bears repeating:

Striker
    With juggernaut perk
    Equip sword
    Get kills.

Seriously it is great even without ammo. Got 9 kills in first Rift match trying it.

With ammo...

Totally overpowered. Unbelievable.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Unicron80 wrote: »
    Titan Pro Tip bears repeating:

Striker
    With juggernaut perk
    Equip sword
    Get kills.

Seriously it is great even without ammo. Got 9 kills in first Rift match trying it.

With ammo...

Totally overpowered. Unbelievable.
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Ahahaha juggernaut striker with the sword has both blade and shield!

I'm bored at work.

SHIIIT now I have a use for that Arc Armor Pandion chest! Sweet!

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular

I finished it last night after maybe a dozen attempts, holy crap that fight is ridiculous. Didn't cheese it at all.

You can sprint through the sparks and they won't hit you, it's really important during phase 3 that you destroy two of the add spawners (I honestly can't remember if there's a third) pretty much immediately. I saved my ult for the centurion and friends and took that one down second, used grenade + shotgun to kill the other one first, as soon as it spawned.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    There's not a great source of constant coins anymore, there not going to nerf 3 of coins because they want you to burn down your surplus. It's better to throw items at you at slightly better exchange rate for xur, and then later tempt you with direct offers you have to go get more coins for.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The game showers you with coins. Unless you're buying everything, you should have plenty for an item and three of coins.