As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CODENAMES - Ten games completed! That's all for now.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I'm good with either Atlantis or Kiwi. No preference between the two, truth be told.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    yeah I could see both. It seems way too coincidental that Atlanta/Atlantic is involved with both and not in the most obscure way (i.e. Atlanta Falcons and Canary Islands are well known). Nor that both are birds....

But always fear of overthinking it. The fact you brought up kiwi as a bird ,though and he went bird. We might want to go for both- as the other team can win next round in theory.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I feel like Falcon to Atlanta to Atlantis would have been quite the stretch last round. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would occur to me as a spymaster. The bird connection seems more obvious. Then again, I thought dinosaur was a shoe-in, soooooo

• Options
    edited December 2015
    it's the combination of Atlanta Falcons + the fact that the Canary Islands are in the Atlantic. I.e. it's not an isolated use of the Atlan prefix. Two in a row. Just like we have two birds in a row.

It's possible Smuggler was a lucky guess and not at all what he had in mind. Also as we've seen all Spymasters minds work in different ways. In terms of what they think is obvious or not.

e: I'm hardly against Kiwi and think we should probably guess that first. I just think Atlantis is valid especially considering Atlanta Falcons are hardly obscure, nor are the Canary Islands.

Egos on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Hmm I feel like if both words were relevant he would have said canary 3

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I'm leaning more towards kiwi

Then for falcon either field or Saturn - but leaning more field just due to prob lots of falcon sports teams.

• Options
    I say kiwi first, but am gonna stand by Atlantis . Too much of a coincidence for me .

• Options
    OK, since we're all leaning towards Kiwi first.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Kiwi

KIWI is a Red Agent!

Red operatives may make up to one more guess.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I'd actually prefer to pass at this point. I think blue team has 3 agents remaining, if I count correctly? I'm more concerned about hitting the assassin than I am about the probability of a game-winning sequence.

• Options
    yeah I'm fine with passing...as I could see any of these not being intended at all ....and at the least 2 are.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    yeah I'm fine with passing...as I could see any of these not being intended at all ....and at the least 2 are.

We only have 1 left. I think.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    i meant that at least 2 of the ones we are thinking of aren't intended to be guessed

e: probably should have said "aren't". (gets a bit weird with double negatives but there was a ellipsis)

Egos on
  • Options
    @Gizzy ? alright with passing or?

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    @lonelyahava Clue if you wanna?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    so it's my turn? nobody seems to know what's happs

• Options
    (it has been 24 hours, so yeah can...)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Moscow, Atlantis, then go with Pole as the third winter clue?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Agreed

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    I agree.

Mocow

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Moscow is a Blue Agent

Blue team has 2 more guesses.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Atlantis

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Nought wrote: »
    Atlantis

ATLANTIS is a Blue Agent!

Blue team may make up to one more guess.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Pole

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Pole
    POLE is a Red Agent!

Red Team has contacted all of their agents and won the game!

codenames_game10_spoiler.png
    FAN (Bystander)
    MINE (Red)
    SMUGGLER (Red)
    HORSESHOE (Bystander)
    CHAIR (Blue)

DATE (Bystander)
    LINE (Blue)
    STRAW (Assassin)
    SNOW (Blue)
    FRANCE (Red)

POISON (Blue)
    DINOSAUR (Bystander)
    MOSCOW (Blue)
    SLUG (Red)
    FIELD (Bystander)

COOK (Red)
    SWING (Blue)
    SATURN (Bystander)
    SNOWMAN (Blue)
    KIWI (Red)

CARD (Bystander)
    POLE (Red)
    PISTOL (Blue)
    FLY (Red)
    ATLANTIS (Blue)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    So I'm guessing line was our third winter clue (as in a winter clothing line) and we missed chair as our second suicide clue.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Moscow was your third winter clue. Trust your instincts, Luke.

Chair and Swing were the intended Suicide clues, I'd wager, but obviously Line worked out fine.

Edit: To my team; ya'll are crazy. I said "no Google", why would you think you needed to google the clue "Falcon" plus every other unguessed codeword urgh. "Falcon Furniture", really? I almost had a stroke =P

For the record, Falcon:3 was meant to give you Fly and Smuggler ('cause Star Wars yo) and give you an educated guess at Kiwi ('cause bird.) If you guessed wrong, you were meant to hit one of the bystanders (dinosaur, perhaps.) The whole "Atlantis Falcons" and "Canary-Islands-in-the-Atlantis" connection you guys invented out of whole cloth was a legitimate surprise, though =)

I was very tempted to make my first clue "Alive:5", because strictly speaking all the "living" things on the board were either my agents or bystanders. None of the blue clues were living things, in a literal sense, and the assassin was not either.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Wasn't anything to do with doubting our instincts. We had bad assumptions since we "correctly" got two suicide clues, when in actuality we could have done Suicide 3 turns out.

We were entirely correct that the third winter clue was worse than a coin flip! One red one blue one bystander.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I never said I was any good at spymaster!

and I totally didn't think of suicide line.

Ah well.

At least it was somewhat close.

• Options
    I never said I was any good at spymaster!

and I totally didn't think of suicide line.

Ah well.

At least it was somewhat close.

You did pretty good. The Winter was a bit stretching but missing Suicide Line happens, I missed it too.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Wow. What an ending.

• Options
    Go team!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Let's find out about Card.
    Wasn't anything to do with doubting our instincts. We had bad assumptions since we "correctly" got two suicide clues, when in actuality we could have done Suicide 3 turns out.

We were entirely correct that the third winter clue was worse than a coin flip! One red one blue one bystander.

Ahava is southern hemisphere guys.
    'Winter' has no relationship to 'card'.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

She grew up and spent all but recent years in NA.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

She grew up and spent all but recent years in NA.

Oh. My bad then.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Rius wrote: »
    To my team; ya'll are crazy. I said "no Google", why would you think you needed to google the clue "Falcon" plus every other unguessed codeword urgh. "Falcon Furniture", really? I almost had a stroke =P
    bleh if the intention of the cluegiver is to have a person type in the clue with every fucking word on the list then....

*on google
    it's a bit meta but Rius was anti-google or at least in one post was. so might not be a bad idea. his first clue certainly didnt require any googling

really the first things that came to mind for me were (other than birds);
    Millennium Falcon
    Maltese Falcon
    Atlanta Falcons

:P

Egos on
  • Options
    On the plus side, the crazy googling basically won the game- Rius. Mind fuckery with chair.

that said, I thought you guys had it in the bag with pole...

• Options
    To my team; ya'll are crazy. I said "no Google", why would you think you needed to google the clue "Falcon" plus every other unguessed codeword urgh.

To be fair, my falcon --> raptor --> dinosaur connection didn't start with Google. I had a vague notion that "raptor" was a synonym for birds of prey, and just googled up the wiki article to verify that notion.

To be equally fair, I was entirely wrong. :-P

• Options
    and you know I mentioned birds being related :P