As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomics, it feels good.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Moth 13 wrote: »

How....How does she/they poop?

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    2015-09-18demon500.gif

I don't care what century it is and what type of advanced society we are in

I see a car with a giant "EJECTOR SEAT" button by the dash I am stealing it

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jason Shiga's Kill 6 Billion Ava's Demon's Mirrors.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    ABHAY KHOSLA’S BRAM STOKER’S Kill 6 Billion Ava's Demon's Mirrors.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    687.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    b7gjegw75r2o.jpg
    Gordito knows to look down when ninjas are eating.
    "I'm totally not remembering the time you screwed up the whole giant robot plan. Because I'm not Old McNinja. So why would I think about that, haha? That would be silly."

dr.jpg 191.1K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the steaming rubble of the Court as a towering lovecraftian horror, all angles and eyes and teeth, rises from the dust? :+1:
    687.png

there goes a son who could've gone to the church, if there had been more sons to be heirs

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I mean he also looks young enough to still actually believe all the things he's heard as part of royal ceremony and stuff

He's only elbow high on all those adult dog-men

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    pgbhhgt5e8hh.png
    If you had a better graphics card, I'd appear at work sooner.
    975tso6u7s6f.png
    Man, I wish that were true.

a1.png 157.7K
    a2.png 32.9K
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    LmAeNsl.png

wait what

sooner or later an innocent person will get cut?

hasn't she already cut up a bunch of people where she said she didn't know if they were guilty or not?

also are you actually letting her go

after she attempted to murder you

http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com/issue-5/page-149/

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Jason Shiga's Kill 6 Billion Ava's Demon's Mirrors.

street

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/LmAeNsl.png

wait what

hasn't she already cut up a bunch of people where she said she didn't know if they were guilty or not?

Why be shocked? Alison was never going to bring her in because the author is very clear that she's not doing anything wrong she's just doing it sloppily.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    http://i.imgur.com/LmAeNsl.png

wait what

Why be shocked? Alison was never going to bring her in because the author is very clear that she's not doing anything wrong she's just doing it sloppily.

Can we please stop treating comics like every statement or opinion held by a character is a deeply held belief by the author? It's completely ridiculous. Especially when one of the points of this comic is that Allison doesn't know what she's doing and is kind of muddling around trying to find answers. She's not an author stand-in.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I don't know where this "author agrees with their antagonist" shtick comes from. Maybe they do agree. But this sure as hell ain't proof.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Okay I love SFP but this has gone so off the rails in that Phantom-Menace-Review "the lapses in logic have compiled onto themselves and now the story is broken" way.

If Moonshadow isn't "afraid of making mistakes to make a difference" than her logic is that she's better than Furnace because... what? She's less of an asshole? So she saved Furnace instead of letting him die because... why?

So we're going to add that to "here's a video to convince you I'm not a serial killer" hand in hand with "surprise, I'm not actually here as you're talking to me" for the fourth time in like, ten pages. Alison not restraining her and repressing her empathy in the wake of the fact that yes, she just murdered another person at this point is 100% Idiot Plot.

It's like we're watching the last episode of Death Note only Light isn't charismatic and Near is an idiot.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I'm not taking Mary's escape at face value yet. I remember the swerve that occurred with the chat with the mind reader guy.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I don't know where this "author agrees with their antagonist" shtick comes from. Maybe they do agree. But this sure as hell ain't proof.

Yeah but basically everytime Allison actually talks about it with someone, they almost always agree with what Mary is doing, at least in spirit. Allison has been like the only character so far to really be 100% against it, which just kind of positions her as the 'blind idealist'

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    pnap20150914.jpg

Hey, was the latest Powernap posted? I didn't see it. Awesome work as usual @maritzac!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I never said that the author agreed just that they specifically state it in the story as justification of her actions. The point is made very early that Moonshadow isn't doing anything wrong killing rapists. Her only mistake was killing innocents. Javen's right everyone Allison talked to said some version of " Yeah its wrong but. . ."

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Yeah but basically everytime Allison actually talks about it with someone, they almost always agree with what Mary is doing, at least in spirit. Allison has been like the only character so far to really be 100% against it, which just kind of positions her as the 'blind idealist'

By definition, any fictional character is doing what they're doing because the author wants them to. That doesn't mean the author specifically AGREES with them, but it doesn't immunize their choice either. I mean, it's literally in the title of the comic that Allison is the focal point of the story, and it's literally in the description of the comic that it's about said focal point's experience with social justice, so it's reasonable that there's enhanced scrutiny about what that character's stance on that topic is.

Shorter/goosier version of that: No, Alison isn't a stand in for the author, but the author is determining what Alison thinks, and what Alison thinks is kind of dumb.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    SFP is Dumb Kids with Superpowers: Philosophy 101.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I never said that the author agreed just that they specifically state it in the story as justification of her actions. The point is made very early that Moonshadow isn't doing anything wrong killing rapists. Her only mistake was killing innocents. Javen's right everyone Allison talked to said some version of " Yeah its wrong but. . ."

Does Alison ever go, welp, I guess everybody else is right, no need to come to my own conclusions!

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

By definition, any fictional character is doing what they're doing because the author wants them to. That doesn't mean the author specifically AGREES with them, but it doesn't immunize their choice either. I mean, it's literally in the title of the comic that Allison is the focal point of the story, and it's literally in the description of the comic that it's about said focal point's experience with social justice, so it's reasonable that there's enhanced scrutiny about what that character's stance on that topic is.

Shorter/goosier version of that: No, Alison isn't a stand in for the author, but the author is determining what Alison thinks, and what Alison thinks is kind of dumb.

No, stop it.

EDIT: Webcomics, they dont feel so good.

FANTOMAS on
    Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    i150918a3g.jpg
    “Sorry it took me so long to get here! I was busy growing my hair out.”

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Has perhaps the artist of A3G died without anyone knowing, and someone else is now just carrying along using copy/pasted characters from previous strips so they can keep getting paid?

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Yeah, I am reasonably certain that no new panels have been made for that comic in quite some time

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    Has perhaps the artist of A3G died without anyone knowing, and someone else is now just carrying along using copy/pasted characters from previous strips so they can keep getting paid?

if anything they're just bringing in a different contractor every day and they have to make a new strip out of Colorforms of the old ones

• Options
    tumblr_nuvr9wNmvR1tl5t55o1_1280.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

No, stop it.

EDIT: Webcomics, they dont feel so good.

I am not trying to rude or dismissive here; I legitimately have no idea what you mean with this comment.

• Options

Does Alison ever go, welp, I guess everybody else is right, no need to come to my own conclusions!

No she strangles people.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    'doesn't immunize them' is a nonsensical comment

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    According to Wikipedia Frank Bolle is the current illustrator for Apt 3G. Also according to Wikipedia, Frank Bolle was born in 1924.

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I mean we could take the sentiment that "writers make their characters do the things they do so clearly they share sentiments" to its logical conclusion with GRR Martin and Game of Thrones. Or Breaking Bad. Or any other story that involves bad people doing bad things.

FFS sometimes writers just want to tell a story, not use it as a veiled vehicle for their societal opinions.

• Options
    Ah, okay, pedantry.

OK then.

• Options
    Do all Batman writers agree with whatever the Joker says and does?
    If they do, I hope regular psyche consultations are mandatory at DC...

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    'doesn't immunize them' is a nonsensical comment

Seriously, it sounds like you said, "I don't blame the author.......but really I blame the author". It's not a statement that makes any sense in the slightest.

You can think Allison and Moonshadow are both dumb, you can think they're making bad decisions, that's fine! But that doesn't necessarily reveal anything about the author and their opinions other than that they think this makes for an interesting story.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Do all Batman writers agree with whatever the Joker says and does?
    If they do, I hope regular psyche consultations are mandatory at DC...

Probably not, but you could make a better case if Alfred, Gordon, and Robin mentioned "Yeah, Joker definitely killed those people, but he's kind of got a point'

This discussion has been closed.