As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Peeked Behind the Cyclops' Eye! I Did! And [Halloween] Was There!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @#pipe your wario costume from a few PAXs ago was on point as well, you rocked that thing

too bad nobody knew who waluigi was :rotate:

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    one dude was actively antagonistic toward Zonugal as Waluigi

Like almost wanted to start a fight

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Remember, Riker tugs his shirt down when he sits, Picard does it when he stands.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Remember, Riker tugs his shirt down when he sits, Picard does it when he stands.

Also remember, Riker almost never sits down from the front of the chair.

I missed the bit from the last page!

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Thomas or William Riker?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Thomas Riker is a traitor and a terrorist.

William Riker is a hero.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Thomas Riker is a traitor and a terrorist.

William Riker is a hero.

1sxe9.gif

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have also considered masquerading as DOOM

But probably I will just do the Road Warrior costume that I assembled last year but didn't get to wear because of work

Except this year I have a little more time to collect some more pads and bits of shit to stick on

91437dee887d5c48c19397d942e3aceb-d8oklqv.jpg

Make this papercraft skull and just stick it on your shoulder

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That's a rad skull.

Also, Rad Skull is Johann Shmidt's attempt at rebranding himself to appeal to the 90s' Hitler Youths.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I am going to dress up as Wally/Waldo

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I really really can't wait for all the awesome/terrible/awesome Halloween documentaries that come on stuff like the History Channel.

"Are Vampires REAL? No. Unless they are, in which case it would be spoooooky. But they aren't. Or are they?"

And so on.

I also have very fond memories of watching this show in college.

https://youtu.be/lknJ_g2iHf4

Man I love Halloween.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    I really really can't wait for all the awesome/terrible/awesome Halloween documentaries that come on stuff like the History Channel.

"Are Vampires REAL? No. Unless they are, in which case it would be spoooooky. But they aren't. Or are they?"

And so on.

I also have very fond memories of watching this show in college.

https://youtu.be/lknJ_g2iHf4

Man I love Halloween.

It'll be like that Bigfoot documentary on Futurama. Vampires drink blood and turn into bats unless they aren't real in which case they don't.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    "Most haunted *blank* in *blank*" is one of the most irritating phrases a person can say

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    "Most haunted *blank* in *blank*" is one of the most irritating phrases a person can say

Oh god, tell me about it.

• Options
    What's the SI unit for hauntings? How does one quantitatively measure the hauntedness of a place or object?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    How am I supposed to know it's the most haunted if they don't advertise it?

Tell me that, professors.

• Options
    What's the SI unit for hauntings? How does one quantitatively measure the hauntedness of a place or object?

The Enhanced Spengler-Stantz Index
    They're rated like tornadoes but the scale goes to 7.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    1. Mists, orbs and invisible supernatural miasma. Can be flushed out by neutralizing sources of negative energy.
    2. Arms, legs and tendrils. Can manipulate objects. No torso or central body. Mainly low-level poltergeist activity.
    3. Full torso apparitions. Ghostly figures made up of ambient energies soaked into the local geography. These can be caught in a standard trap.
    4. Actual human egos intact enough to be self aware. May have special powers and abilities to interact with and alter their environment.
    5. Purely ectoplasmic entities. Fully independent and self-driven. Motivations range from one-dimensional compulsions to childlike and even advanced intelligence.
    6. Animal spirits and totems. Constructs of more powerful beings or amalgamations of multiple smaller energies.
    7. Demonic beings, heralds of hostile gods, extra-dimensional threats, hostile gods and world-ending situations.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    I mean, that's the Cliff's Notes version. For more detail please patronize your local franchise's yearly October open house.

• Options
    Wait, what's Slimer on that list?

... Is slimer supposed to be a human torso?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Non-terminal repeating phantasm or class 5 Full roaming vapor.

Realy nasty one at that.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    class 5 Full roaming vapor.

I'm pretty sure there's, like, five shops in my city that sell this.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited September 2015
    After an incident by the former River City, Iowa Ghostbusters franchise lead by Professor Hill, the federal government has determined that it is illegal to sell any type of contained and known ghosts or possesed items. Even attepting to sell known fake possessed items or contained ghosts is a crime.

If you see any people attempting to sell such items, inform your local Ghostbusters franchise. They will check for severity before reporting it to federal law enforcement.

Ghosts should be stored in a powered and regulated containment unit at all times.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I'm going to be going as El Santo in a suit for Halloween

just a lucha mask and the 70s-est turtleneck/blazer costume i can find

THIS IS AMAZING THIS IS THE BEST AGHHHH I LOVE THOSE SCENES.

Seriously El Santo sitting at a dinner table in a restaurant in a suit and turtleneck with a date, AND THE MASK, is the best.

...also my friend is going as Trump Your Cat for Halloween.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I'm hoping I can have my Ms. Marvel cosplay ready for Halloween, even though I probably won't be doing anything special.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Wait, what's Slimer on that list?

... Is slimer supposed to be a human torso?

You know what, you're actually right. I was going by memory. Slimer is a class 5. I goofed. Let me go back and edit.

• Options
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I'm hoping I can have my Ms. Marvel cosplay ready for Halloween, even though I probably won't be doing anything special.

If dressing as Ms. Marvel isn't "doing anything special" you live a much cooler life than me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Im going to be really disapointed of no one gets my reference.

No musical fans here?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    After an incident by the former River City, Iowa Ghostbusters franchise lead by Professor Hill, the federal government has determined that it is illegal to sell any type of contained and known ghosts or possesed items. Even attepting to sell known fake possessed items or contained ghosts is a crime.

If you see any people attempting to sell such items, inform your local Ghostbusters franchise. They will check for severity before reporting it to federal law enforcement.

Ghosts should be stored in a powered and regulated containment unit at all times.

Speaking of which, there are still stories of a few of these lingering out there. One of Dr. Venkman's little pranks from back in the heyday.

If you find one please put it in a well-padded shipping container and send it to us for disposal and containment.

7p9wa8v61iry.jpg

1.jpg 83.3K
  • Options
    God. I wish i had one.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

Speaking of which, there are still stories of a few of these lingering out there. One of Dr. Venkman's little pranks from back in the heyday.

If you find one please put it in a well-padded shipping container and send it to us for disposal and containment.

7p9wa8v61iry.jpg

Amazing that the man could embed trap technology into an object the size of a can as a prank.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Doctor Venkman has multiple doctorates. No one ever said he was stupid. Especially when a prank is involved. He can be incredibly motivated.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Seriously El Santo sitting at a dinner table in a restaurant in a suit and turtleneck with a date, AND THE MASK, is the best.

at many points in my life i had a suit and a luchador mask and never did this because i am a failure

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

at many points in my life i had a suit and a luchador mask and never did this because i am a failure

I mean, the real guy did this until the week before he died. That's honorable dedication.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular

Luchadores in suits is legit one of my favorite things in the world.

9414937140_a53a5aa7ea.jpg

So dashing!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    IT'S BEAUTIFUL

Sure as the lord made little green apples - and that franchise is gonna be in uniform.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    yay! Someone got it.

• Options
    I ain't got much going for me

But by god I got showtunes

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    poor sandra

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I ain't got much going for me

But by god I got showtunes

You got lots going for you.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg