As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bojack [Chat]man

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the only countries to actually care about Ice Hockey number less than seven.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Last full day in Chicago today. Weather was sort of nasty yesterday so I dont feel as mobile as I should. Architecture boat tour was great though.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    finding numbers on rugby viewership is p hard, actually

lots of talk about cumulative viewership since the 70's and potential reach, no actual statistics though

• Options
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the only countries to actually care about Ice Hockey number less than seven.

does anyone brag about their country being the best ice hockey country in the world? Is there even an ice hockey world championship, or do they just go off the olympics? I've literally only ever heard of the NHL and the Olympics

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Bragging about their country being the best at hockey is, like, part of Canadian law.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So, my trip to PAX SOUTH is all booked up and ready.

Good thing my mother is a dinosaur travel agent/video store owner.

Also, going to a board game day today, which is making me nervous. Strangers make me uncomfortable, i know only one person there (the host) and even worse, just two others showed up last time i went there so i felt extra awkward because I didn't know how many people were supposed to be there. But it sounded like more.

Time to draw a space ballerina warrior i guess.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

does anyone brag about their country being the best ice hockey country in the world? Is there even an ice hockey world championship, or do they just go off the olympics? I've literally only ever heard of the NHL and the Olympics

NHL is de facto world championship.

Interesting note, the Stanley Cup has to be awarded to the best team available. If some hockey league in another country was demonstrably good enough they could sue for the right to challenge for the Cup.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Interesting note, the Stanley Cup has to be awarded to the best team available. If some hockey league in another country was demonstrably good enough they could sue for the right to challenge for the Cup.

that is interesting!

do you mean the league would have to play the NHL (in like, an all star playoff?), the NHL champs playing the league champs or have I misread that?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

That lawsuit would be very weird in the period between legal arguments starting and both sides just going "fuck it, play a best of 5."

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Bragging about their country being the best at hockey is, like, part of Canadian law.

and yet
    2015 Chicago Blackhawks
    2014 Los Angeles Kings
    2013 Chicago Blackhawks
    2012 Los Angeles Kings
    2011 Boston Bruins
    2010 Chicago Blackhawks
    2009 Pittsburgh Penguins
    2008 Detroit Red Wings
    2007 Anaheim Ducks
    2006 Carolina Hurricanes
    2005 No Season
    2004 Tampa Bay Lightning
    2003 New Jersey Devils
    2002 Detroit Red Wings
    2001 Colorado Avalanche
    2000 New Jersey Devils
    1999 Dallas Stars
    1998 Detroit Red Wings
    1997 Detroit Red Wings
    1996 Colorado Avalanche
    1995 New Jersey Devils
    1994 New York Rangers

DONT ASK ABOUT WHERE THE PLAYERS ARE FROM

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Hm

Mornings

*goes back to sleep*

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

and yet
    2015 Chicago Blackhawks
    2014 Los Angeles Kings
    2013 Chicago Blackhawks
    2012 Los Angeles Kings
    2011 Boston Bruins
    2010 Chicago Blackhawks
    2009 Pittsburgh Penguins
    2008 Detroit Red Wings
    2007 Anaheim Ducks
    2006 Carolina Hurricanes
    2005 No Season
    2004 Tampa Bay Lightning
    2003 New Jersey Devils
    2002 Detroit Red Wings
    2001 Colorado Avalanche
    2000 New Jersey Devils
    1999 Dallas Stars
    1998 Detroit Red Wings
    1997 Detroit Red Wings
    1996 Colorado Avalanche
    1995 New Jersey Devils
    1994 New York Rangers

DONT ASK ABOUT WHERE THE PLAYERS ARE FROM

Oh cool, it's the Kings' turn this year!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

that is interesting!

do you mean the league would have to play the NHL (in like, an all star playoff?), the NHL champs playing the league champs or have I misread that?

Yup. Well they'd have to hash out a bunch of details, but yeah it'd be something along those lines.

Though the current trustees are kind of dicks about it. They didn't award the Cup to anyone the year the NHL was on strike. Should have been given to the top women's team IMO.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    @Chanus
    @wazilla

Well... I just bought it.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Jesus fuck, I suddenly need to understand ISO-tolerances for shafts. Curse you, engineers!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    @Chanus
    @wazilla

Well... I just bought it.

Spore?

• Options
    Poor nexus.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Xl4NGdeSg

It's fun to see Ryu in Smash.

• Options
    "Haps got me to buy Spore" will be engraved on my headstone

• Options

"I got nexus to buy Spore" on mine

• Options

"I got nexus to buy Spore" on mine

there's a reason your people coined schadenfreude

• Options
    Spore progresses from funner parts to less fun parts.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    RPG.net has taught me that there are Star Wars fans who are super-into really obscure corners of the imaginary Star Wars timeline - like, not just stuff that showed up in some book series like The Fat Jedi Trilogy, or whatever, but stuff that is set "30,000 years before the movies" or "1000 years after the movies," places that aren't written about or detailed at all, and they get super-mad that Star Wars games and roleplaying games focus on the stuff from the movies, and regard fans of those movies as casuals.

What is the deal with a lot of people on rpg.net.

They are so mad and dismissive of everything that is not their specific micro-obsession given the exact treatment they want.

They also commit the cardinal sin of replying to threads where someone says "has anyone played (some game)? What is it like?" When they have not played it but the general description of it makes them mad and they post a long screed about why it probably would make them mad if they had played it. Fuuuuu

And yet I am compelled to periodically check their forums ...

So you're saying it would not be the worst thing in the world if I released the version of my bot that's vulnerable to a directory traversal attack

• Options
    PLA wrote: »

so just like Haps

:+1:

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My sexy dreams have this obonoxious feature of waking me up

Hormones did weird things to my bodies and the sensations associated with that kind of stuff are weird enough that they wake me

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    You guys offend me to my core!

Ice Hockey is very popular all over northern Europe (So, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Switzerland, Denmark, etc.)

There's several world championships including the IIHF's championship and the World Juniors.

There's also dozens of international leagues.

Hockey > all

It is known.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fighting Game guides can be weirdly detailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmf1GHHOoU

• Options

so just like Haps

Ouch :(

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Hormones did weird things to my bodies and the sensations associated with that kind of stuff are weird enough that they wake me

have you had an orgasm from dream sex yet?

most intense orgasms of my life.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Mim wrote: »

I have

Holy shit

I twitch and feel jolts for what feels like forever and then am left with a weird pleasant feeling in my junk for an hour

Shivahn on
  • Options
    That's why it's so frustrating that I usually wake up - I know what would happen if I didn't :P

• Options
    Actually wait, it's been a while - the pleasant feeling isn't even junk related, it's in all my limbs too where I felt twitching jolts of electricity

It's uh, pretty crazy

• Options
    planning this trip

torn between spending an extra night in an airbnb and needing to get a 6am monday morning flight or just flying home at like 10pm sunday night, which would mean leaving for the airport earlier than i would like

• Options

so just like Haps

Ouch :(

:bro: I love ya

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

I have

Holy shit

I twitch and feel jolts for what feels like forever and then am left with a weird pleasant feeling in my junk for an hour

mine always involve ladies and i'm always super dominant in the dream

but when i have then with dudes (or last night a threesome with a married couple) the experience is always fucked up somehow.

like dude last night had a shriveled dick.

it was bizarre.

• Options
    My sexy dreams always have weird lighting.

They're kind of dreams about me criticising lighting.

• Options
    Girls win in the orgasm department.

Is there even a question?

• Options

some people would argue quantity over quality

• Options

I have

Holy shit

mine always involve ladies and i'm always super dominant in the dream

but when i have then with dudes (or last night a threesome with a married couple) the experience is always fucked up somehow.

like dude last night had a shriveled dick.

it was bizarre.

Last night (or like, twenty minutes ago) was actually super weird - it was always with ladies, but mixed in with adventures, and my genitals switched around without warning or any indication before the sex dreams

• Options

some people would argue quantity over quality

also cleanup necessity

This discussion has been closed.