As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Party at Sealab Party (updated 7/10)

• GraverGraver Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Sorry but I still haven't figured out these forums yet

Graver on
  • spygeekspygeek Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Oh shit, I'm on Pike and 8th right now.

Will it be open by the time I leave for sealab?
    I was there around 10PM last night, but I am not sure if it was 24 hrs or not.

spygeek on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'm trying to find you, moe, but i have no idea what you look like and i didn't see you at dinner or the movie last night!!!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm on the Crowne's 16th floor.

I've got four cans of Guiness and two bottles of Chuck.

PM me, or I'm drinking it all by myself.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    directions to crowne from pax?

Deusfaux on
  • TheOnlyVenomTheOnlyVenom Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So does anyone have a room number for this said hotel party? im on the 24th floor of the Crowne. Any info? I have munies!!

TheOnlyVenom on
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    shutup.jpg

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    shutup.jpg

back atcha, buddy. :P

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • azriel222azriel222 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Waiting for freezepop to start, is the party already going and for how long?

azriel222 on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Read the first post. AFTER the concerts. That means 3am.

n00bs.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • BacksliderBackslider Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would like to bring food, but everyone I ask won't tell. :[

Backslider on
    edited August 2007
    Read the first post. AFTER the concerts. That means 3am.

n00bs.

i think that's pretty well understood, but most don't know where the party is being held.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • SpecTrE3353SpecTrE3353 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Any chance you guys are still up and partying? Me and a friend of mine (and our handle of vodka) are in the Crowne right now and would love to come by. PM the room # if its cool.

SpecTrE3353 on
    WGGBannerSwitch.png
    edited August 2007
    Any chance you guys are still up and partying? Me and a friend of mine (and our handle of vodka) are in the Crowne right now and would love to come by. PM the room # if its cool.

ok, so i guess there still are a couple n00bs left around. seriously, dude, read 1 post up.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • SpecTrE3353SpecTrE3353 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

ok, so i guess there still are a couple n00bs left around. seriously, dude, read 1 post up.

I actually read like 10 pages worth of posts but just missed what you said. No need to be mean.

SpecTrE3353 on
    WGGBannerSwitch.png
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Several PAX-goers spotted DoNotPursueLuBu carrying a large sign around the convention center stating the hotel and room number where the Sealab Party was being held. While I am sure he thought this was funny and very PAX, by the time I arrived to enter the shindig I was turned away due to excessive complaints to the hotel about the festivities - putting not only SeaLab in jeopardy, but destroying a landmark event that many were crazy psyched to attend.

Therefore, if LuBu crosses my path during the rest of this weekend, I will gift him with a punch to the face and a swift kick to the nads while informing him that he owes me $100 for all that I spent getting ready for this party that I was ultimately denied - due to his own immature stupidity.

Fucking douchebag.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • zyphlarzyphlar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    gayyyy
    oh well we've got xbox and wii, yay for no sleeping

zyphlar on
  • MellzahMellzah Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was turned away at the door, too. :(

Mellzah on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was very displeased to find out that it was shut down, due to that ass hat. I think we need to find someway to keep it in a small and control.

Highfire on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I had a fantastic at what was left of the sealab... thanks again to pulling a n00b under the wing!

When we shut down the sheraton was great too!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That's right! Being in two different hotel parties that were shut down was fun. :) Thanks for the ride home Tonkka.

AceRimmer on
  • jeruvinjeruvin Minneapolis, MN (USA)Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was disappointed last night that the party was canceled. I'm staying in the Crown and ended up just crashing as I couldn't find anyone to party with. Better luck on Saturday night I'm hoping.

jeruvin on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm so fucking pissed the party got shut down. I brought 3 friends with me (ok, that might be pushing it as far as guests go) and all I really want to do was get fucked up after dealing with a bunch of shit regarding my car, but I could barely do that since we got kicked out about 15 minutes in, and Random_Guy still has all of my booze, so I couldn't even go back to where I was staying and get drunk with my friends.

To put it nicely, this definitely could have been managed better. Maybe I'll post some other gripes when I'm a little bit more levelheaded.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sorry everyone.

I am an asshat.

But I'll be okay, I took my meds this morning.

Alright, peace.

Call me.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That sucks about getting shut down.

I got the location from Moe at the Pre-PAX dinner, but unfortunatly wasn't able to make it last night, due to cracking open a bottle of scotch in my room and sleeping much longer then I wanted to.

I tried to just lay down for a quick nap around 11:00pm before heading over to the Crowne, and wound up sleeping till almost 7 this morning.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Puny HumanPuny Human Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I showed up with a personal invite from my roomie who's friends with the Sealab crew and still got thrown out (along with everyone else) 'cause of fear of getting reported to the cops. This is why setting up a dedicated party floor is so important. Even my local science fiction con parties are better organized than this.

Still, it was cool hanging with you guys for like twenty minutes.

Puny Human on
  • zyphlarzyphlar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And ASSHATTERY ensued.

ps: I want guitar hero 2 to have my babies.

zyphlar on
  • hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    we got ejected too and were totally looking forward to the shindig. but those sorts of things are out our control and you have to feel bad for the hosts instead of bitching. the green tortoise crew partied it up back in at the hostel anyways and we had a blast: that's why were here.

but if someone points out lulu to me ill sack him.

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Sorry everybody, problems ensued on many ends, one of the most major being people showing up hella early. From what I'm told, while I was at the concert, something between 50 and 60 people showed up and the hotel showed up twice with noise complaints. It was our understanding that the next complaint would be met with the Seattle PD and us losing our place to stay. There were a lot of things that could have been handled better, not limited to but including people not holding up signs with our room number, people not showing up 3 hours early and probably some other things I'm not able to think of right now. Sorry for the upset people, believe me, I was just as unhappy about having to shut down as the rest of you. Also allow me to apologize to the staff of Penny Arcade for any flak they may be taking for this as well.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Ya, that was nuts..

Must have turned away 200 people that night..

I mean it really got crazy once Mike and Jerry arrived, didn't expect that. So of course they couldn't let just anyone in..

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Random_Guy (I think), you still have my vodka, and I would like it back sometime today. Look for be in BYOC F13; if I'm not there, drop me a note so I know how to get a hold of you.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • smessmes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was on the elevator and was told that sealab was closed. Oh well, there was other parties.

smes on
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Random_Guy (I think), you still have my vodka, and I would like it back sometime today. Look for be in BYOC F13; if I'm not there, drop me a note so I know how to get a hold of you.

two things. one, it's randomguy. two the sealab party that was held in the room i was staying in was busted up by hotel management before i even got there. i was still at the neskimos concert, which is what the plan was to be...party AFTER the concert. i will find you at BYOC to check if I look like the guy you gave the booze to.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
    edited August 2007
    Ya, that was nuts..

Must have turned away 200 people that night..

I mean it really got crazy once Mike and Jerry arrived, didn't expect that. So of course they couldn't let just anyone in..

g&t were really there?! damn, i'd love to hang out with them and bs about gaming while getting ass-backwards drunk!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay guys.... it sucks that we got shut down, and I'm sorry we had to close the party, but threating Lubu for trying to help advertise is a bit much, he thought he was helping. It's just a room party guys, no need for violence :( Lubu is an awesome guy.

Forumers fighting makes the baby jesus cry.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Heh, I got there, and didn't get kicked out!

Helped that I was quiet, and didn't disturb anyone >.>

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Methos645Methos645 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm sad that it happened but not sad that I got to meet some really dope people. But there are a fuck ton of parties tonight so I'm planning to hit up all of them! (Mainly the boat party) I'll see you around!

-M

Methos645 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BurkhalterBurkhalter __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    So... You guys are blaming the fact that your dumb little party got shut down because some dude was trying to be nice and do a little advertising, instead of, I don't know... The fact that you guys did a shitty job of managing your gathering?

Slow clap.

Burkhalter on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    We didn't ask for the advertising, and that advertising is what caused a very fast explosion of people and noise. One person can only do so much when 60+ people all show up at the same time, an hour before the party is set to start.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BurkhalterBurkhalter __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    We didn't ask for the advertising, and that advertising is what caused a very fast explosion of people and noise. One person can only do so much when 60+ people all show up at the same time, an hour before the party is set to start.

Tell them the party's full and they can't hang out there because it'll cause too much commotion.

Really complicated stuff there, I can see why so many problems arose!

Burkhalter on
This discussion has been closed.