Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

19596979899101»

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Warrior is missable (probably); no other character.

Every crystal will probably be available eventually, but some will take a long time (>6 months) to come back around, probably.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    You know, now that I have Lenna's MCII, I wonder when/if I'll use her.

I don't have her soul break weapons, and her Mass Regen Soul Break is quite obsolete, what with Memento of Prayer.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm struggling with Exdeath. If I don't get Lenna's MC2 I won't be super broken up about it. I won't use her much. FFV record synergy doesn't come around very often, and I have Aerith's relic with Planetary Protector and Vanille's Wyrmfang staff, so I've already got two great white mages with good soul breaks available to me. Lenna just seems unnecessary.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Next level 80 WHM is Yuna, which is an improvement in terms of her skills and utility, but unless you got a Lullaby Rod, it feels like there's no reason to care. At least, until you get her incredibly broken BSSB.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Exdeath (Ultimate) down.

Admittedly, a bit of luck was required on my part. Here was my setup.

Y'shtola: Curaja R4/Protega R2, Mako Might RM since I have SS2.
    P. Cecil: Magic Lure R2/Shellga R2, Double Hit RM
    Terra: Firaja R3/Blizzaja R3 (to meet bonus requirements), Devotion RM
    Cloud: Thundaga Strike R4/Retaliate R5, Dragoon Determination RM
    Sazh: Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4, Dr. Mog's Teachings RM, since I have Boon
    RW: Advance

Y'shtola and Sazh open up immediately with mitigation SBs, but P. Cecil also pops a use of Shellga in case he goes first before Exdeath and Sazh to minimize first hit RNG. Cloud sets himself up as required while Terra hits objectives. Her magic damage is actually stronger than Cloud's counterhits so she continues to cast spells instead of beat him with a stick. Sazh is on a rotation of Full Break>Magic Breakdown>Attack Cloud while hasted, so he's building SB for a second Boon while also getting in a little extra damage. Cecil is hitting Cloud twice every turn until Exdeath hits 50% where he then adds a use of Magic Lure every once in a while. I had Cecil equipped with a Crystal Armor+ and the Protect Ring for additional resistance/HP. His resistance was only 187 but even that (with all the mitigation AND Magic Lure) reduced the damage from Exdeath's single target spells down to about 300-400 damage. Y'shtola fired off one Protega and spent the rest of the time casting Curaja as needed to build a second SB before SS2 wore off. It is imperative. If you go with a caster-heavy team, SS2/SG is already two uses, so you won't have to worry about that.

My Y'shtola does have Medica 2 as well, but I got by without casting an AoE heal, which I honestly think is where the luck comes in to play, like all boss fights. At 50% health, Exdeath favors his single target spells, so P. Cecil will eat most of the damage and the rest of the team will take minimal amounts, but there's no doubt that Exdeath might be a jerk and hit you with a Dispel, or constantly Earth Shaker/Vacuum Wave. Dispel will not remove effects like SS2/SG or Advance, but you will lose Protega and Shellga, and a Shellga should go up ASAP, which is why I have it on P. Cecil for emergency use instead of Y'shtola as she'll need to do a Medica 2 or Curaja instead. On my killing fight, Exdeath did not cast Dispel once. I only S/L'd maybe 3-4 times. -2 medals for damage taken, -1 for turns. Mastered.

Obviously not everyone can use this set up, so ymmv, but I hope this helps.

After a few late game S/Ls I can say if he counter-dispels you in the 2nd half its pretty much game over unless you're about a turn or two from winning. Losing half your mitigation is bad enough, but losing hastaga means he'll probably hit you with 2-4 more attacks before you can get it back up and you'll be fighting a losing healing battle after that. Only thing to do is make sure the 2nd half is as short as possible. Also, 2nd round dispel-alls can go to hell.

Tried the encounter once, he just spammed Vacuum Wave twice in a row what a jerk

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yuna is now my go-to white mage. Or summoner if I have somebody else subbing in with synergy. Got both her SB's, so she can handle anything.

Otherwise, pretty much every white mage is completely interchangeable with one another. It's just a matter of if you got a cool SB for one of them.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Lenna's still useful as your WHM because she can use bows. Nothing that's going to help in the clutch battles, but it makes auto runs through dailies & trash more painless / require less attention, especially if you have a good one. And Mass Regen is still nice because it can save you an ability slot on Memento (especially versus something like Yuna's default SB which has no use whatsoever, and Aerith's which is very situational).

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    The extra nail in the coffin is that I already have two decent White Mages who do have personal soul breaks.

I have Selphie, who has Trabia's Light, and Mog, who has Heroic Harmony.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Y'shtola may never see level 80, and she has no synergy in any realm, but thanks to her personal SBs, she really can't leave the party for doing any 99+ content. Kind of sucks because I'm sure there will come a point where the content will be difficult to require the stats and HP that level 80 characters have, but I'm not holding my breath on FFXIV content coming back to the game, especially since we can see 6 months into the future and there hasn't been a peep still.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So my Rinoa is level 51, and with ~350 MAG + Impetuous Youth RM + Mana Paean + Lulu Focus -30% Enemy RES, her Wishing Star is hitting for ~4k a hit, sometimes 5k depending on the boss. That's 20-25k, which is obviously better than 9999, but still not as much as I thought it'd be hitting for.

On the other hand, she has 29 levels to go, I've almost but not quite mastered the ability yet, and that was without realm synergy on the weapon, so there's a lot more MAG to be had... but until I get there, I'm not really certain having Cardinal + Hairpin is necessarily worth doing an all-mage party for things. I sure as hell don't have the abilities and hones for it yet, not really.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    For dragon pod if you bring blade beam and then stop the pod he doesn't resummon. Should be easy after that.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I've got Yuna at 65 and would love to get both of her normal SBs mastered. But alas, I don't have any pick on what gear I get. I use Vanille and Aerith because those are the two WHM's that I have unique relics for.

What is so broken about Yuna's BSSB?

• Options
    Woohoo! Just got Double Hit on part 2 of the very last FFII elite stage. YAY!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've got Yuna at 65 and would love to get both of her normal SBs mastered. But alas, I don't have any pick on what gear I get. I use Vanille and Aerith because those are the two WHM's that I have unique relics for.

What is so broken about Yuna's BSSB?

BSSB's are broken, that's why.

But really, it's a good damage single target Soulbreak, and THEN she get's a free medica, and an AOE damage attack. It's PRETTY OKAY.

Transporter on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I mastered boss rush with this team if it helps. Switch armor break for taunt to save yourself some reloads on the crystals. Blow advance in the first two if you need to. I managed to stop the dragon pod the entire fight and he never summoned his little jerks.zt9095g7ql0a.jpg

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    My latest self-imposed mini quest is complete; I have Black Mage and Summoner RM2s now. Is there any real reason to prioritize getting White Mage RM2?

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    My latest self-imposed mini quest is complete; I have Black Mage and Summoner RM2s now. Is there any real reason to prioritize getting White Mage RM2?
    Ability to use Protectga / Shellga repeatedly through multiple stages of a dungeon, plus the boss, without having to hone them high.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Yeah WHM RM2 is super useful. It allows you to easily go into boss battles in peak condition. Super useful for boss rushes as well.

Javen on
  • Options
    I totally forgot about Protectga/Shellga. That's absolutely a valid reason! Time to go hit that elite dungeon up, I guess.

Though I suppose it'd suck if you're hoping it triggers on Protectga during a boss rush and instead gives you another Cure.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I totally forgot about Protectga/Shellga. That's absolutely a valid reason! Time to go hit that elite dungeon up, I guess.

Though I suppose it'd suck if you're hoping it triggers on Protectga during a boss rush and instead gives you another Cure.

you get both. all the recovery rm2s give you charges of any of those skills you have. it's real good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yup.

Hm. Should I start using Pecil in my party more? In order to have someone who can use both of those, while my white Mage is free to carry Memento of Prayer or Diara or Slowga or Esuna or what have you?

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    WM materia was the bees knees. Still is I guess. But honestly I haven't used it in a long while. Not since greater earth orbs stopped being rare and I upgraded Protectga and Shellga to rank 2.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Oh, no shit? Damn, I just assumed it picked one ability to give you a charge for. Pessimistic, I guess =)

Edit: There being a White Magic recovery RM2 and not a Bard recovery RM2 is a strong, strong point in favor of making and honing Protectga/Shellga and not Spellbound Etude/Strong Def Etude. I just wish Protectga didn't require so many damn Greater Earths.

Rius on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Woo walked into Omega with the setup on page 100, and one shot the bastard! Also all of my Stops hit, so I didn't have to even S/L. Omega got off Flash, and then sat there while I killed him.

• Options
    There being a White Magic recovery RM2 and not a Bard recovery RM2 is a strong, strong point in favor of making and honing Protectga/Shellga and not Spellbound Etude/Strong Def Etude.
    Dissenting opinion: if you have the White Magic recovery RM equipped then you don't need to hone Protectga/Shellga in the first place (not beyond R2 anyway) and can spend orbs instead honing the Etude abilities for when you want a bard instead of Pecil. Though I'm not sure if they use any of the same orbs.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Rejiggerd my Ultimate Exdeath party:
    Gilgamesh Armor Break/ret Dragoon determination (4* axe is best attack item in V)
    Y'shtolah Curaja/Protectaga Dr. Mog's Lesson (SS2)
    Aerith Carbuncle/Kirin Double hit (highest mnd/res SMN)
    Cecil Shelga/double hit Zeal
    Red XIII Full Break/Double hit Make Might (lunatic high)
    RW:Advance

First attempt:
    Basicly the same as El Fantastico's opening phase, get up mitigation ASAP, minor added benifit of Kirin Regen mostly to offset Dragoons determination! After that worked basic advantalate strat till halftime. Carbuncle should go right up before the switch, I missed it and got hit with a couple attacks but was able to heal then set up reflect. Got Firaga and Blizzaga to reflect back at him early on, but after that it was mostly party wide spells or repeat Fire/ice single targets. At 10% Hastaga ran out but SS2 had been refresh. Could have probably finished in a turn or two going all out but decided to be greedy and slowed down to re-up all mitigation and pray for a thundaga. He got his two attacks off right before lunatic high went up again, Thundaga multi-target (boo) and single target (yeah!). Just a matter of finishing off a sliver of life left, unfortunatly my team is also on fumes due to being unable to heal through reflect (note to self, give Aerith medica SB item). Everyone charging up attacks on Gili, ignoring double cut selection to spam attack just to go faster. Unfortunatly, none of those attacks go off. Exdeath attacks before them, first party wide firaga takes out Red completely and everyone else is taking a knee. 2nd attack finished the battle as a blizzaga reflects off Aerith and kills Exdeath! Cursed ring get! Red's death doesn't even hold me back, two stars lost to damage, one to actions taken. All elemental objectives complete

Going to admit it, no dispels, getting several single target attacks all elements, I got lucky.

Things I learned, give Red more attacks against Ex-Death, one every other round wasn't enough to fill SB gage fast enough and as mentioned Medica SB on SMN.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm musing about whether or not Omega Weapon is possible for me. My best party would probably be something like this;

RW: Advance

Cloud (52): R2 Thundaga Strike and Retaliate. wielding 112 ATK Sword with minor lightning damage increase (+20%). Tyro RM2. Minor resist to Blind accessory.
    XXXXX (50): R3 Double Cut + Boost (which might be unnecessary.)
    XXXXX (50): R3 Double Cut + Armor Breakdown.
    Terra (50): R3 Stop + R3 Stop. Don't really have a second leveled caster with MND and BLM 3. None of my leveled WHMs have BLM 3; an unexpected oversight. Auto-Haste RM. Stop would last for ~4 seconds.
    Eiko (53): R3 Curaga + Reflect. Honestly could drop her for Tyro with a 114 MAG weapon and a highly honed Swift Bolt, or just R3 Tempo Flurry.

I don't have the levels, abilities or hones to take him in anything resembling a stand-up fight. I'd have to Advantaliate the shit out of him and pray to RNGesus that I could keep him Stopped long enough to cheese him to death. I don't have the 3* Black/Power orbs to hone Thundara Strike and a second Stop, or higher ranked Stops... I didn't farm orbfest enough, I suppose.

It seems like it'd be a lot of work for an accessory, albeit a very good one.

Rius on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    You'd want Stop on two different characters so that it serves as a backup if one cast misses

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
This discussion has been closed.