As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All I want for Christmas is a shiny new [FFRK] UI update (Live!).

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    It's a trap.

DeNa knows these character and event schedules are out there. They know people are just banking up mythril for the next event. Save up for the super banners! The lucky banner pull has wildly varying results, as everyone knows from last month. I'd rather have a chance at very specific character relics instead of a grand list of low-tier and not-very-useful character relics, particularly if you're missing characters because you started playing the game late (although they're very quickly providing those missing characters in bonus quests).

any 5 star is better than any 6* combined 4* in the same realm unless you literally have every other better item from that realm. (getting ochu tentacle when you already have 2 Rinoa weapons, selphie's weapon and quistis weapon is pretty useless)

but, unlike the name suggests, the draw is no more lucky than any other 11 pull meaning that you will on average get 1 5* and if you have a ton of gear, it might not be anything you specifically need.

last lucky pull I got P. Cecil's shield which I have only used on leveling monk characters in the Tuesday daily.

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Okay so, I got through Squall's MC 2 stage without too much trouble. Even with Advance, I couldn't burn the thing down fast enough, so I just switched to Tyro's party heal RW. Immediately after the whole team got their HP stripped, cast that and we're back in business.

So Edea. I can kill Seifer, but then Edea just rips through me. I guess I need Carbuncle? Or if I have a Runic Blade hanging around somewhere, I could do that. I'm just worried about not having the damage to kill Seifer if I switch off Advance. My current party is Cloud, Seifer (have his 5 star weapon), Squall, Hope, and Vanille. To fix this, should I swap in Rinoa for Hope, give her Bioga and Carbuncle? Then I lose either Protectga or Shellga (he was holding the one that Vanille wasn't). Any suggestions?

Hybrid party. Put Seifer to Sleep and kill him with magic (Biora/Biora/Waterja on three different guys was my set up), then when Edea rolls around put up Carbuncle and Advantaliate her down. Note she can dispel, so maybe bring R2 Carbuncle, or you just end up rolling the dice. Maybe bring Magic Breakdown just in case.

E: Save you Mythril! Another Lucky Draw coming this Friday!

This worked. I didn't realize Seifer could be put to Sleep (he was immune in a recent, different fight). Downside, Sleep Buster is unreliable as shit, so I had to try a couple times to get things going well. Why isn't there a Sleepga to go with Silencega?

There's a 4* ninja ability that comes out later that has 50% chance to sleep (plus some magic damage), but it doesn't look like they have added a sleepga. Poison is similar in that there is a 4* machinist ability with 60% chance to land it, but no poisonga.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    I've gotten a 3* a few times. Here's to hoping Friday's lucky draw won't put me at 1/55 for all lucky draws so far!

I think that regardless of what you draw from any pull, you are more likely to be disappointed than not.

That's always the case. However, it does mean when I do get a 5* from somewhere, it's all that more exciting!

My 3 SB weapons aren't anything to write home about (D Cecil armor, P Cecil sword, Locke's Rising Sun), but I do have somewhat useful shared SB at least, taunt armor, (2) shellga bracers, protectga knife.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Cerberus keeps berserking cloud and only cloud. Im losing my chill

Edit: yay rush mastered

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i'm scurred of the +++ battle. Don't have the mages for Seifer or the hones of Biora or bioga at all :/

i think if i can get through him i can cheese the fight with advance, but it seems like a tall order even with sleep abuse.

For what it's worth, this was my party set up. Don't know what kind of skills you do/don't have, so it may not be a viable option.

Yuna/Aerith: Carbuncle (R1 is fine)/Curaga R4 - Double Hit RM
    Cecil: Protega R1/Boost R5 - Don't remember what RM he had, but it wasn't important.
    Squall: Because he needs to be there. Double Cut R4/Armor Break R4 - Auto-Haste RM
    Retaliator: Anyone will do. If you have an FFVIII weapon to use, this is the guy to use it. I used Cloud with Tempo Flurry R4/Retaliate R4 - Auto-Haste RM
    BLM: To meet the Poison requirement. I used Terra specifically for her 4* Support. She had Biora R4/Magic Breakdown R3 - Devotion RM
    RW: Advance

As you can see, no Sleep. No heavy reliance on Mages. Terra was still capable of 9000+ damage with Biora alone, but the main reason for her being there was a breakdown to mitigate Seifer's bullshit since he would be the primary damage dealer in the fight. My Cloud did have an FF8 weapon which helped with the damage, and Cecil boosted it a bit more to help speed up the Seifer part. Squall further assisted with regular Armor Break and would 2-hit Cloud when Advance was up.

Just before Seifer goes down, pop Carbuncle and don't worry about Edea's big cast since it only halves HP. All she can do is reflect spells back on herself. Advantaliate takes care of the rest.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing that since there hasn't been a "coming soon" announcement, the Zidane and Amarant event is not starting today?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    "Coming Soon" are usually on Tuesday with the event dropping Wednesday.

Speaking of though, I definitely need to bring Sleep to the elite "Scarlet Hair" fight. That fucker just did not want to move to the back row on Classic.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    i'm scurred of the +++ battle. Don't have the mages for Seifer or the hones of Biora or bioga at all :/

i think if i can get through him i can cheese the fight with advance, but it seems like a tall order even with sleep abuse.

I went with a white mage, 2 black mages, squall and cloud. I believe squall can use sleep, so that's how I kept seifer under control while the others could throw up mitigation and spell damage. Cloud had tempo flurry, so if sleep failed, I would try to slow seifer with that. I had no healing, since I should be able to keep seifer without doing much at all until he dies.

Yuna: Shellga, Carbuncle (Double Hit)
    Rinoa: Biora, Biora (Devotion)
    Rydia: Biora, Thundaja (Mako Might) (Witch Hat shared SB)
    Squall: Double Hit, Sleep (Haste RM)
    Cloud: Retaliate, Tempo Flurry (Soldier Strike)
    Advance RW

The goal was hoping to sleep seifer quickly, then let the mages take care of him while everyone else sat around. Rydia would open with the party magic boost, then went to take down seifer. Once he was almost dead, I threw up carbuncle and advance. then I just went for full retaliate mode to get Edea. I was lucky in that she only used dispel as her final action before I won, not earlier when it would've made me S/L.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Where are you guys seeing Advance RWs? I don't even know what it is, and I've never actually seen it pop up in my RW list.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

Speaking of though, I definitely need to bring Sleep to the elite "Scarlet Hair" fight. That fucker just did not want to move to the back row on Classic.

I was thinking of doing Tyro w/ Pumpkin and Taunt retaliate for that on elite. I beat it with gilgamesh on classic, but it was insanely obnoxious since every time he attacked I had to sit through "Can't you predict when I'm going to attack" while he jumped from the back row to another spot on the back row.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So I'm guessing that since there hasn't been a "coming soon" announcement, the Zidane and Amarant event is not starting today?

its eta is tomorrow so you should see the coming soon tonight at 8PM.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Where are you guys seeing Advance RWs? I don't even know what it is, and I've never actually seen it pop up in my RW list.

A few on here, a few from reddit, a very few just lucky spawns on the 3 non-following RW list (ALWAYS check!)

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Advance is Luneth's (absurdly broken) first relic weapon. Ups the user's attack by 250%, but lowers defense by an equal amount. Most useful for a character who's using retaliate because he counters all physical damage so the defense debuff portion is nullified and the attack levels are ridiculous.

At least two people in PA have Advance set up as their RW (one being @initiatefailure) but you may also want to check out the reddit master list to add more people on a needed basis. Usually those reddit folk will last for a day at best before they are removed from your list because of people constantly adding them, and you're moving down their friend list since they won't follow you back.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    edited November 2015

Advance is highly useful for the retaliate strategy. +150% attack, -50% defense. Since each % of attack increase leads to roughly 2x damage per % damage increase, this means roughly 3x damage for 30 seconds (150% x2 = 300% damage). I normally have to look at Reddit to find codes. Alternatively, you can randomly see them pop up as the last 3 slots of your RW list, since the last 3 are always random. I found a bunch during orbfest last month.

Here's a list I use to add random Advance folks, in the event I find myself running low because I get bumped from their lists:

QLqe
    9PuY
    9PEj
    GLUi
    eiPP

Try adding all of them as friends. Sometimes it'll say they cannot accept more followers, try again tomorrow.

Also, keep your friend RW list clean, the ones you follow. Personally, I try to keep 30 or less. I usually keep something like:
    2 Boon
    2 Lunatic High
    5+ Planet Protector
    2-3 Sentinel's Grimoire or Stoneskin II
    1 AE Slow, like Angel Wing Quake
    1 Shadow Flare
    1 Blade Beam
    1 Blasting Zone
    1 Doublecast Venom
    1 Sentinel
    1 Group Heal of some sort
    As many Advances as I can find.

Ardor on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

I was thinking of doing Tyro w/ Pumpkin and Taunt retaliate for that on elite. I beat it with gilgamesh on classic, but it was insanely obnoxious since every time he attacked I had to sit through "Can't you predict when I'm going to attack" while he jumped from the back row to another spot on the back row.

Tyro + throwing weapon + draw fire + retaliate + advance is how I beat that guy. He only does a physical attack. He counters any direct ability, magic or physical I believe, when he's in the front row. So all I did the entire time was counter him for both classic and elite.

• Options
    He'll even counter AoE spells if he's feeling saucy.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Yeah I have advance set. I'm not sure how it works though now. I've hit 100 followers but only follow about 40 of them. Can people still add me and bump others from the list?

My code: zcsi

• Options
    Yeah I have advance set. I'm not sure how it works though now. I've hit 100 followers but only follow about 40 of them. Can people still add me and bump others from the list?

My code: zcsi

Yup. As long as you don't reach 100 Friends that you have followed, people will still be able to add your code and just keep bumping everyone else down, except for the 40 that you have friended back. Once you have 100 people followed back, it will say that you are unable to accept any more friends.

• Options

By the way this reminded me of something super niche that surprised the heck out of me. The little shared SB for Keep of Saints, Scathe? Yea, that can be reflected! I imagine it applies to Doublecast Venom too!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I think there were five Advances on our friend list, actually.

• Options

By the way this reminded me of something super niche that surprised the heck out of me. The little shared SB for Keep of Saints, Scathe? Yea, that can be reflected! I imagine it applies to Doublecast Venom too!

any single target black SB can be reflected. I believe doublecast venom is a NAT attack so it can't.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    It's somewhat lackluster when you get everything prepped for Cid Raines, every debuff you can fit in and Gilgamesh ready with Draw Fire/Retaliate and a RS Glove, and all Cid does is cast Ruinga over and over again. Well then, guess I could've left Blindga and Poison off.

• Options
    Is there anything special about the ++ besides bring hella lightning damage?

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

For what it's worth, this was my party set up. Don't know what kind of skills you do/don't have, so it may not be a viable option.

Yuna/Aerith: Carbuncle (R1 is fine)/Curaga R4 - Double Hit RM
    Cecil: Protega R1/Boost R5 - Don't remember what RM he had, but it wasn't important.
    Squall: Because he needs to be there. Double Cut R4/Armor Break R4 - Auto-Haste RM
    Retaliator: Anyone will do. If you have an FFVIII weapon to use, this is the guy to use it. I used Cloud with Tempo Flurry R4/Retaliate R4 - Auto-Haste RM
    BLM: To meet the Poison requirement. I used Terra specifically for her 4* Support. She had Biora R4/Magic Breakdown R3 - Devotion RM
    RW: Advance

As you can see, no Sleep. No heavy reliance on Mages. Terra was still capable of 9000+ damage with Biora alone, but the main reason for her being there was a breakdown to mitigate Seifer's bullshit since he would be the primary damage dealer in the fight. My Cloud did have an FF8 weapon which helped with the damage, and Cecil boosted it a bit more to help speed up the Seifer part. Squall further assisted with regular Armor Break and would 2-hit Cloud when Advance was up.

Just before Seifer goes down, pop Carbuncle and don't worry about Edea's big cast since it only halves HP. All she can do is reflect spells back on herself. Advantaliate takes care of the rest.

Slow was a huge help for me in this fight. Managed to slow both Seifer and Edna early into their fights.

For Seifer, had Gilgamesh negate physical attacks with retaliate/draw fire, applied magic break/shellga/sentinel grimore then went to town with Bioga.

I didn't even bring Carbuncle for Edna. I had my BM cast Meteor once she had her reflect up and she started applying reflect to my party. Retaliate + VIII weapon dropped her hp pretty quickly

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I pretty easily cleaned its clock with advance/retaliate and my white mage hasting the rest of the party.
    I only hit it once with thundaga strike.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    http://www.biogamergirl.com/2015/11/special-black-friday-deals-announced.html

MAKE SURE TO LOG IN ON BLACK FRIDAY.

should be the new title IMO

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Wait what. I thought the thread title was sufficient, but after reading that article, I deem it do be APPARENTLY NOT.

• Options
    Well then, may the odds be ever in your favor.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well that makes the decision even easier. yeeeeeesh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Wow holy shit.

• Options
    huh, got a 3* item from my free draw.

ff12 staff, which is the only realm i have a 4* staff for! trollgame is troll. that said i look forward to getting 2 more of them in my lucky draw now.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Just remember - the Lucky Banner draw is full of character specific relics ONLY (in addition to all the 4* and less chaff). No shared SB relics, no 5* fodder like Genji equipment and such. Hope for winners like Y'shtola's staff, healing relics, Lunatic High, Boon, ranged relics for your supports, and maybe-possibly-hopefully Cloud or Squall's SSB relics. :P

• Options
    I was already planning on doing a Lucky Draw and one draw on Zidane's 2nd (mage) banner, but now I'm wondering if I should do a second draw on Zidane's banner, or keep saving for the SSB Fest. It will probably depend on what I end up drawing the first time, I guess. I really need mage gear! Also Light Armor like whoa.

• Options
    Oh man, I already have Lunatic High and Oerba's/Boon but what I wouldn't give for the jackpot SG/SS.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I got the wrong red XIII weapon during orbfest. But hopefully I can get one of the good ones!

I'm right there with you on the zidane banner as well. I desperately need mage gear.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    http://www.biogamergirl.com/2015/11/special-black-friday-deals-announced.html

MAKE SURE TO LOG IN ON BLACK FRIDAY.

should be the new title IMO

This is so weird. Like... they could exploit the player base so much more than they do. Is this feeling... appreciation for a soulless corporation?

• Options
    I hope elite swifter and Edea in galbadia garden three is harder than the +++ because that was brutal. In related news I crafted meteor.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I should do +++. What was your plan?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I hope elite swifter and Edea in galbadia garden three is harder than the +++ because that was brutal. In related news I crafted meteor.

The +++ was entirely based on luck. Does she maelstrom and then hit you with a single target spell? That character is dead. Even through breakdown and shell, she was hitting for 2k with spells. Also, she can cast a party wide dispel.

Honestly, that's my biggest problem with all the +++ fights. They're too reliant on getting a lucky run where the enemy doesn't use their optimal spells, and you'll never not lose medals for damage taken.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Sleep in phase 1 + Carbuncle in phase 2 (and pray she doesn't Dispel more often than you can put up Carbuncle).

This discussion has been closed.